Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: 81lCnhTXpRL._SL1372_.jpg (1000x1372, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Psb0nMvqX0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no.

shrek 2 was better

I certainly miss when CGI movies didn't all look like the same generic soft cutesy pixar crap

I wish we got more shots of Fiona on the beach.

Yes. Probably Dreamwork's best film. It did left a bad influence in industry, though.

>It did left a bad influence in industry
Elaborate?

Many animation studios wanted to make a "subversive comedy full of pop culture references" film after Shrek's big success, and most of these films are pretty bad. It became a really tired trope.

Shrek 2>>>Shrek>>>>>Shrek the Third>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shrek Forever After

pretty much

Shrek Forever After shitted on Shrek the Third.

Actually Shrek 4 is an apology for Shrek 3.

I just hope reboot isn't true. Shrek is over.

>*Shrek is ogre.
FTFY

Every animated feature film after it has become self aware and rife with pop culture references

I wish we got more Fiona braps and burps

>"kino"
Fucking underaged detected. :-/

Kind of like how the MCU made after credits scenes a staple for any movie despite not being the first to do it, Shrek really made the end of the movie music dance sequences popular.

Yes

Shrek kinda created the modern "family film", with some adult jokes here and there, pop culture references, meta jokes, celebrity VAs as a selling point and a bunch of non-original pop music playing every two minutes
Producers often mistake "not taking itself seriously" for "Just not giving a fuck", which created a line of mediocre comedies that almost killed Dreaworks again until Kung Fu Panda and HTTD
Now the family film movie format is based on Despicable Me, a bunch of cutesy stuff making silly butt jokes that your mom will love

And minions straight going down the same route as Rayman's rabbids. Is there a Minions show yet?

I thought the minions had finally started to die off.

I've been noticing the trend of every non-disney movie being about either babies or puppies

t. Pole

Isn't there another Minions movie coming out? Considering the last one made a billion I'm surprised we haven't had three by now.

Probably, but I mean the fad of people shoving minions on everything seems to be dying down.
Maybe a new movie will spawn a new wave of aids though.

Yeah I'd wait until I see how the next movie is received by the public. It could be like Angry Birds 2 and be a flop nobody bothered watching despite the success of the first movie.

spbp

Aladdin did it first

Genie was specifically made for Robin Williams. I guess Meyers is kind of like that for Shrek since they had to redo the film since it was originally meant for Farley.

Yes but there both kino

I want the Shrek reboot to be an adult comedy about Shrek being a depressed divorcee attempting to connect with his estranged family.

It'll play alot on the weird meta humour that exists around the movie nowadays, appealing to adults who grew up watching the movies as kids.

Aladdin had elements of that with Genie, but it was primarily just another grandiose musical fantasy film. Which is all Disney made in the 90s (not that it's a bad thing.)

>It'll play alot on the weird meta humour that exists around the movie nowadays
I think there was a bit of the meta humor in the beginning of Shrek 4 with him getting annoyed by his status.

No. Shrek 2 is soulless.

youtube.com/watch?v=Psb0nMvqX0w

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with pretty much everything he says here. It wasn't that funny and it aged like milk.

Or Yeti. Don't forget Yeti.

Ah, finally a good fucking post

can't wait for more yellow merch

Attached: minions-the-rise-of-gru-600x329.png (600x329, 33K)

yawwwwwn

yayyy

was despicable me kino?

It was a cute movie about a villain befriending and adopting three orphans.

Rest can go die in a fire.

Shrek2>>Shrek>>Everything else

but yes, it was kino

this

Shrek 1 and 2 were pretty Kino.
The Shrek franchise just lost all and any steam when Shrek the Third came around. Big shame as well because that film made Shrek into the memefest it is today instead of a respected franchise in the same vein as Toy Story it was considered beforehand. But Shrek 4 was pretty ok. Not Oscar worthy, definitely nowhere near as Kino as Shrek 2, but not atrocious like Shrek The Third even though it did jump the shark with the "Its a Wonderful Life" plot. Shrek 4 is passable at best

Attached: giphy.gif (500x333, 458K)

>Big shame as well because that film made Shrek into the memefest it is today
I am 100% certain that Shrek is a meme solely because of that infamous Yea Forums shitpost

Yes.