The Dark Crystal

Friendly Reminder Netflix hasn't renewed it yet for season 2

Attached: thehighestformofart.jpg (640x360, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQEDojPZ7YI
youtu.be/scnFH-MldJM
mega.nz/#F!j9NxyCob!y_6CuEfwbpthiqpZhL52lA
youtu.be/SVJDPsgOBxM
youtu.be/SpIoPQHYhrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm posting will never die

Attached: add43428-bb95-48a0-bce3-4ca6397585a4.jpg (1200x540, 64K)

They renewed Carnival Row didn't they? I wonder what's taking them long with this.

TRIAL BY STONE

Attached: climax.jpg (850x551, 350K)

Say something nice about our favorite bowling ball

Attached: file.png (788x870, 535K)

They tend to wait 30 days, the 30-day viewership metric is the most important. It's also why Netflix cancels so much shit, because they only give it 30 days to succeed.

Amazon is funding Carnival Row. Netflix has AOR

Attached: sketch-1567794879389-1.jpg (937x1440, 215K)

I don't know if I want season 2 without this guy at the helm again

Attached: Louis_Leterrier.jpg (2688x3600, 3.59M)

Attached: caaaaaaaw.png (640x845, 729K)

As much as I want Season 2, Season 1 fits to the film pretty nicely. You can assume what happened after they invented the perfect shocktrooper.

Absolute madman directed every single episode. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to do that again.

You guys are cool. If Netflix doesn’t renew, don’t come to the castle tomorrow.

Attached: D67CA808-303F-463C-9440-436F3A74AC57.jpg (480x480, 59K)

SkekTek is a fucking nerd and died to furballs

Attached: weakling.jpg (640x514, 90K)

He's got the strength where it counts

Attached: I_AM_GOING_TO_BEAT_YOU_TO_DEATH.png (1920x1080, 981K)

Guess it works for Podlings.

Attached: Drained Podlings.jpg (300x393, 19K)

He actually does it

Poor stitchlips.

If he's up to it I absolutely want him to be, he did a fantastic job of it. If he says "That shit almost killed me I'm good" I would understand.

Attached: theyspentthenextthreecenturiesworkingonit.jpg (783x2660, 431K)

It's gruesome to think that stitchlips and not the opened mouth dude dying from the beatdown was absolutely deliberate. Getting away with a character beaten to death and screaming? Nah, too TV-14. How about we make it so we can't hear the character's screams of agony at all and are left to imagine how horrible the pain must have felt. Now THAT'S kid-friendly.

Attached: j9z8fmhoxvj31.png (857x697, 738K)

Based art.

Attached: e1.png (1280x570, 1.01M)

>You will never find the other non romantic part of your soul, the part that gets you in ways that lovers never would. Understands all your hobbies and interests.

Fucking end me

Attached: 1SUSM4F.gif (300x200, 93K)

Attached: spinnybirb.gif (284x300, 2.74M)

three dicks

Attached: dd968aa4-f260-4a1f-a5ad-0deaa6bfe3ae.jpg (622x500, 92K)

>Little things have a habit of being stepped on by... big things
I love how this offhanded quote tells us so much about the psyche of the Skeksis and their superiority complex

I prefer the punished fizzgig

>I have sewn lips and I must scream

if you want it to be renewed, you've got to shill it. There's no marketing budget, everything went into production.

Attached: Muppets.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

And they say white people can't dance

what the fuck is this meme that one director can't direct an entire season?

It's nearly unheard of in the tv insdutry for someone to direct an entire season of a show, especially one as grand in scale as this. Even an auteur like David Fincher never directed entire seasons of shows like House of Cards or Mindhunter even when he pioneered them. So one when guy directed an entire 10 hours of a cohesive narrative and vision, it's really fucking impressive. It's not that it's impossible, it's just a fuckton of work most people aren't willing to do. Except based Louis apparently.

They fucking better renew it or I'm gonna riot

>*so when one
Dammit I can't type

I will be sorely mad if he doesn't direct and Lisa Henson doesn't produce for season 2

How come this has so much more SOUL and passion compared to everything else these days. The last thing I saw something as soulful was maybe Hellboy The Golden Army

The way I interpreted that scene was that he's just old as fuck and his pee stream splits now, because that happens when you get old

[Spoiler]who was your least favorite character?

HMMmmmMMMMMM

That Skeksis that sneezes on everything

It set out to be a good story and craft an amazing setting and it succeeded.

Seladon. She should've gotten drained.

Do you dislike her as a character, or just as a person?

As a person.

3/4 of the VA's are nerds who probably enjoyed The Dark Crystal in their youth and want to do it justice.
The puppeteers and puppet designers are allowed to be creative as opposed to bland rehashings of the muppets again and again
The director has a clear vision and understanding of the tone he's trying to create

Attached: 1567813974968.jpg (319x331, 20K)

I just finished ep7 and goddamn, its been years since Ive gotten legit creeped out by something Henson made. Fucking Ascendency.

I don't think the VA's were THAT into it. Apparently only Andy Samberg and Simon Pegg had watched it before they got the role.

Lertner and Lisa Henson were huge fans tho

>I don't think the VA's were THAT into it. Apparently only Andy Samberg and Simon Pegg had watched it before they got the role.

Hmmm. Coulda fooled me. The casting directors knew what they were doing I guess.

Taron Egerton was a huge Dark Crystal nerd that actually asked the showrunners if they were gonna put Raunip and Creation Myths material into the show.

I'd be really surprised if Hamil hadnt considering how much of puppetry he worked with in his career.

Rian needs a fuckton more development in season 2 because his entire character right now is literally just "my gf died and I REALLY hate the Skeksis." Compare this to Deet and Brea who each have their own depth and struggles they go through as a result of their background and other stuff. Aside from right after the draining, Rian never really grew that much as a character. He's supposedly leading the charge but it just feels like he's along for the ride.
Taron Egerton does a great job with what he's given but the writers really need to amp up Rian next time.

Attached: the-dark-crystal-rian.jpg (620x414, 24K)

We need punished Rian. SkesSil was right about how he just is always running away leaving people to die in his place

Podlings
Hup

I always respected the original but does anyone sort of wish the story went in its own direction with regards to settling the Skesis and UrRu.

Hopefully with Deet being corrupted, Rian could get some more development.

OFFICIAL SKESIS RANKINGS

>God-tier
Chamberlain
Hunter

>Good-tier
Heretic
Emperor
Scientist
SkekUng
Mariner
Ritual Master

>Average-tier
Collector
Treasurer
Slave Master
Scroll Keeper

>Shit-tier
Ornamentalist
SkekVar
Gourmand

Rian

>Heretic, Emperor, and Scientist not in god-tier
>Scroll Keeper not in good tier

Attached: Skeksi_no.jpg (1389x1389, 879K)

This is agreeable.

It’s pretty good.

Heretic should be in god tier

Attached: IMG_20190904_150809.jpg (3609x4096, 1.01M)

>>Shit-tier
>Ornamentalist
How crude

And he was on the Muppet Show back in the day

Attached: Mark_Hamill_son_Kermit_Jim_Henson.jpg (300x336, 90K)

Absolutely precious

Pure and wholesome

Attached: 41b.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Good. Rest in piss ugly Jim Henson puppet shit show.

No

Attached: foreplay.png (1280x896, 611K)

So when will we see the ultimate bird is the word moment in this show?

What do you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=KQEDojPZ7YI
It's a rare idiom from FMJ for used in moments where irreversibly fucked up stuff happens.

>tfw Deet will never sit in your lap as she excitedly tells you stories about her life in Grottan
>tfw she will never stop to ask you what that weird bump poking her is

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Age-of-Resistance.png (618x412, 310K)

In S2 when the Emperor goes full nuclear darkening on Thra.

Fucking cringe. Delete your post.

Fuck you faggot. Hup is a BASED.

>Deet will probably get kidnapped or give herself to Skeksis and abused just as predicted in S2 while Rian will go full Rambo mode after learning things
I fear the show will turn on more into love interests than the lore.

>Hup
nice bait.

Attached: theydie.jpg (1067x2455, 477K)

Attached: 15144124414490.jpg (322x376, 21K)

>Ascendant Tier
Hunter

>God Tier
Chamberlain
Emperor
Scientist
Heretic

>Good Tier
Mariner
Ritual Master
Garthim Master ( skekUng )
General

>Average Tier
Treasurer
Slave Keeper
Scroll Keeper
Ornamentalist

>Shit Tier
Gourmand
Collector

Attached: angrybirb.jpg (2500x2500, 677K)

Proclaim your love and fealty to Empress Deet.

Attached: Deet-on-Skeksis-Throne-from-The-Dark-Crystal-Age-of-Resistance.png (1405x703, 1.14M)

>"Deet Purpura, you are incredibly strong, even stronger than el Guerrero and Shaggy"
>"But you stand no change against my final form, El Grande Emperador, esto es el fin"

what if the switch game is S2 and was always meant to be?

Is that a dabbing podling on the right side of Deet?

What the fuck did they mean by this

see

Would the Hunter enjoy bowling?

find a flaw

Attached: Baffi.jpg (2000x2997, 944K)

You just want me to post the webm again
Ok
youtu.be/scnFH-MldJM

Attached: 1564973111366.webm (1280x576, 2.93M)

OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS OF DARK CRYSTAL CHARACTERS

>ssj4
Deet Purpura Oscuro (Forma Completado)
Urskeks

>ssj3
Hunter (Ultra Instinct mode)
Gema Completado
La Abuela
El Imperador Oscuro (Forma Verdadera)

>ssj2
Gema Forma Oscuro
El Imperador
Deet Purpura
Rian (Base Completado)

>s
Jen Forma Mystica
Hunter
Archer Mystico

>a
El Chambelan
El General
Rian

>b
El Skektek Cientifico Corrompido
La Maestro Ritual
Jen (Forma Base)
Celadon Negro
Tavra Oscuro
El Renegado
Gurjin
Fara
Ordon

>c
La Ornamentalista
La Collectionista
Tavra (Forma Base)
Naia

>d
Celadon
Brea

>e
Hup
Deet (Forma Base)

how the fuck is this show gonna tackle the fact that everyone is gonna die and the Skesis win

By showing genocide and making us feel sad

Attached: 3030.jpg (1321x1321, 268K)

I hate the way this looks.

Meh

>Henson Company shows CGI teaser of concept to Netflix exec
>Netflix exec says "why aren't they puppets?"

This kind of reaction usually makes kino. Reminds me of Harvey Weinstein asking Peter Jackson why he wants to make only 2 LOTR movies not 3

>La Abuela
>Celadon Negro
MY FUCKIN SIDES

Attached: 1559939655928.jpg (557x376, 40K)

Attached: 5d.png (1280x457, 143K)

by making the last season a remake of the movie

skekMal sticks to a strict paleo diet and bowls fifteen gelflings a day to stay in shape

What about Ultra Instinct Hup at the bar?

He still haven't mastered the form so it's not on the list yet. Hopefully we'll see more of Ultra Instinct Hup in training arc.

It wasn't Weinstein that asked for three, that was what the guy at New Line told PJ.

sometimes producers/execs make good suggestions that don't stem from how much money cab be squeezed out of an IP

So since Netflix apparently didn't fucking advertise this, we unironically need to shill it as much as possible for any chance of a season 2

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that’s cute

They seem to mostly be shilling it on social media, which is also where the normies are bitching about The OA being cancelled and blaming Dark Crystal for it.

Dark Crystal > OA

Imagine being the Mystics just sitting around in your cave and suddenly the one connected to The Collector suddenly explodes

>any chance for a season 2
Netflix shows ALWAYS gets a second season regardless if they suck or not. But I can't say much about the third one though.

no way Lisa Henson will allow this, the show was always very much a companion for her daddys original product in her mind

What? The fuck is OA?

has there been any negative response? Critics and audience alike both gave it high scores on RT.

they can't milk this for too long since it has a very final end and time frame

I haven't seen any negative responses. It's pretty well liked on every aggregate review site.

Attached: IMG_20190902_193252.jpg (1738x1696, 346K)

Only negative response I've seen is the pissing scene

You are aware there happens to be thousands of years between the AoR and movie, right? If they can milk Clone Wars, they can easily milk Dark Crystal too.

But movie literally takes place in a wasteland.

there's only like 50 years if I remember right

No, both the show and movie are said to be about a thousand years after the Conjunction.

Incorrect. While the exact timeframe is vague and never stated, it's not thousands and thousands of years.
First conjunction brought the urskeks to Thra
Second conjuction split them apart
Third one saw them reunited

Attached: 4ca8c8ae-133c-484f-91d9-90b7a34b71d2.jpg (812x485, 59K)

It was positive, in certain circles

What is OA?

Great Conjunctions happen every thousand trine or so and most of this set has been used up already. There’s only about fifty or so between the show and the movie

>Just realized they say trine instead of year because of the three suns
Boy, I am slow today.

I thought it was unironically a great scene to show how even more vile and inhumane the Skeksis became. Their Essence addiction has caused them to abandon any real decency or logic, so they've become even more animalistic than before. This was also literally right after they slaughtered the entire castle guard and the Gourmand just treats it like it was a footnote event that was literally worthless.

More like 300-400 years before the movie

Henson said original a Trine is just 315 days so slightly shorter than a year anyway

the biggest debate of the pissing scene is do skesis have 3 dicks or was it a joke about having an old prostate

He also said the planet was a triangle so maybe not everything he said can be taken perfectly

that doesnt seem canon anymore at least the comics and the intro of the show both show it as a sphere

>There’s only about fifty or so between the show and the movie
Aughra hardly believes her eyes when she sees a Gelfling in the movie. There has to be at least enough time must've been passed for an ageless immortal like Aughra to be amazed for. A thousand years is a bit stretch, but there's certainly not between 50 years which would make the movie a joke.

Maybe, we just go off of what’s heard
But the skeksis have already ruled for hundreds of trine, there is limited time left to serve as an interregnum

Also even Aughra is wrong, repeatedly. If she thinks gelfling extinct, regardless of time passed, she’ll be surprised to see one

It certainly explains why their "year" is called a trine then.

>fifty years
So it only takes 50 trines for a Skeksis to grow old and die for natural causes? Did you guys even watch the movie?

3 suns. Trinary suns. Trine.

darkening corruption/deterioration

I mean, the Emperor didnt really die naturally.

theres still a lot to work with. A 1,000 year or so (mostly) blank period and still are 2 unnamed living skesis

i always wondered why the emperor died of old age when the rest of the skesis seemed sort of fine. The series answers it finally.

They are about a thousand years old to begin with.

I imagine no long being an ageless immortal light being fucks with their heads about aging and death.

In the movie, we've seen most of Thra in shambles and Skeksis completely falling into decay. Logically, there's obviously a huge timeskip between the series and the movie.

I'm saying the planet was intended to be a triangular pyramid would also explain the name Trine.

I thought it was weird how he died of old age when he was the one getting most of the gelfling rejuvination treatments.

It's not 50 years. There's a huge riot at dark crystal and muppet wikis about this. Some guy is adding 50 trine based on some sort of speculative quote by a producer. So if you see 50 trine, it's not canon.

The official statement has been it's set many years before the movie

Yeah, it's that long that even Skeksis forgot and amazed to see a gelfling in the movie.

For real though, what is the OA? Some kind of zoomer show?

Now it's just weird that he went ahead with gelfling genocide when he knew gelfling essance was keeping his body from rotting and falling to pieces.

Attached: 4.gif (350x253, 2.55M)

Oooooor, the Darkening grows absolutely rampant upon the extirpation of the gelfling from most of the planet. Scientist and Emperor both noted that draining them accelerated the imbalance in the world

It seemed to really not work out so well when he was the only one who grew old and turned into dust. The rest of the skeksis only used dark crystal light and were a lot more spry than him.

Still, how would you also explain that?

Nigga thought he could master that dank dark magic shit
Imagine getting outplayed by a dirty grottan fresh from the caves at your own evil sorcery

that bit of the emperor and general talking about how they only have nightmares made me feel sadboyz

Gelfling live munch shorter lives
All parties involved think gelfling extinct
All parties surprised when shown otherwise

did the darkening happen after the gelflings were exterminated?

Aughra should have made an agreement with the Skesis to have the same forces that made her immortal make the Skesis immortal, then the Skesis can fuck off on sucking everything dry

>There's a huge riot at dark crystal and muppet wikis about this
Lmao
If there was all that seething about FOUR ARMS over here, I can only imagine the pure, unbridled seethe going on over there.
Yeah, that's literally it. It attracted an army of normie retards though and they've been dishing their anger out on Netflix anyway they can, even when the mental gymnastics they go to justify their actions make no fucking sense at all. Funnily enough, Jason Isaacs is in both this show and that.

Attached: 1561184106049.gif (720x404, 568K)

user, all Skeksis in the movie treat Kira like they've seen a gelfling in the first time, they've absolutely forgot that they've even existed at that point. Just rewatch that scene.

acceptable
perhaps we'll get clarification later

what was this vague statement though?

happened concurrently

the Garthim seen at the end of season 1 are gonna wreck the gelflings and spiderpeople HARD

That's not how it works
They are not of Thra, even if she cared to make them immortal, she couldn't

She's special. Born old

"it'll be fifty years before we see these characters again in the movie"

from louise gould the last original puppeteer on the team for the show and one of the series producers as well. She's also the one that wanted the Collector to be female

What makes you think she has any ability to make them immortal?

Maybe they shouldn't have been shitheads, then

Attached: 01.jpg (2200x2200, 351K)

From the movie's persepctive, being only mere 50 years between all those events seem completely illogical even if we assume Skeksis going full Endlösung against Thra. I don't know how they would pull that out in the show if it turns to be true.

Hey, skekTek, someone appreciates your upgrades

Attached: Aughra don't give a skekshit.png (1345x1229, 2.55M)

The Skeksis don't act like they've never seen one before. They are scared shitless of them, well aware gelflings are capable of killing the Skeksis.

I think they'll really lose their shit when they fully comprehend the prophecy and learn that the crystal shard has been found
It doesn't matter how much essence they can find, as long as a gelfling lives there's a chance that they'll be undone by the next Great Conjunction

Well, I'm not gonna argue about a puppet's emotions in a live action movie from 1980's. I just want you to know that 50 years teory is just bullshit in my opinion.

I wanna see bantz between Aughra and skekTek when they were younger

Attached: IMG_20190904_202414.jpg (696x1170, 163K)

>I don't know how they would pull that out in the show if it turns to be true.
They don't because movie doesn't take place after 50 years later from the series.

>"SkekTek, you dumb bird, how can I concentrate on the stars in this chair when these things endlessly spin on my head?"

You think they're gonna imbue the garthim with the Phazon? The garthim eyes are purple in the movie.

Man, aughra is a fun character.
You wouldn't think so just looking at her, but she has a pretty good amount of funny mutterings.

I want to fuck this snooty traitor bitch. I want to savagely fuck her tight gelfling pussy till she can't feel her legs anymore.

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Seladon-makeup-evolution.jpg (780x482, 95K)

I like the idea that even if Scientist was able to build a few prototypes, they just won't survive very long or will be defeated by the resistance and the Emperor eventually uses darkening magic to make them function as the "living" empty shells we see in the movie

>The Dark Crystal: Age of the #Resistance
Not watching Neflix's latest SJW libshit propaganda. No surprise that Yea Forumsmblr loves it.

Attached: 1488266126520.jpg (214x265, 10K)

>109871733
have sex

>109871733
YOU WHIMPERING WORM

Attached: scrollkeeper.png (1365x653, 1.17M)

Mmmmmmmm yes

Attached: IMG_20190905_083059.jpg (820x1200, 395K)

But /tvpol/ loves it because they can easily interpret the Skeksis as being DA JOOZ.

>109871733
You know you're supposed to put at least a little effort into your bait, right?

>giving it (you)s
WHEN WE HAVE FAILED OURSELVES

How dragon ball memes are so compatible with other shows?

WE MUST BE PUNISHED

Do not take bait

Attached: a40a6ad7-e279-40bb-84b3-7e5b078114fa.gif (480x270, 1.82M)

(CLANG)

WHEN WE HAVE FAILED EACH OTHER

WE MUST BE PUNISHED

Which pokemon is most garthim-like?kabutops, golisopod?

Paras

(CLANG)

AND WHEN WE HAVE FAILED OUR EMPEROR

webms for you, with audio: no audio, reduced size, webm related

Attached: tdc_aor_ancient_and_sacred_art_subs_na.webm (1328x624, 2.96M)

WE
MUST
BE
PUNISHED

Thanks

>C L A N G

Well I don't know about 50 years specifically but it can't be much more, both the show and movie claim to be taking place almost 1000 years after the Skeksis/Mystic split.

Ty user

Attached: frieeeeeend.jpg (984x312, 185K)

>oh man, its nice to have a new series to watch with no political agenda or social commentary for once
>"my two dads"

Attached: well then.png (467x516, 320K)

This is my favorite bit in the show

it's called fantasy, sweetie

Are the comics enjoyable?

>art isn't political

Attached: 04.jpg (1140x1148, 194K)

This mindset is actively murdering beauty

This mindset has been the mindset of art since the beginning. Art is about humans and what humans experience. Nothing exists in a vacuum. We are the stories we tell.
And it fucking works. This show is political. It has a message. This show is also a damn fine work of art and everyone that worked on it should be proud of themselves.

Attached: 772d3.png (1280x546, 741K)

Attached: SvIjRCO.jpg (251x287, 22K)

>109872275
>he thinks Jim never ever put political agendas into his work
>he thinks two characters who show up for like ten seconds and have absolutely no real bearing on any of the plot whatsoever have effectively ruined this labor of love
Baitfags leave, even Yea Forums gives less of a shit about that.

Attached: 1549667979208.gif (220x220, 9K)

>all human experience is political
Your friends detest you and openly admit it in your absence

The "50 years" number came from the description for the teaser trailer on Netflix. Unfortunately I can't find the description for the teaser anymore, I think because it was shoved into the Trailers & More category for the show once it came out, but several reviews for the series mention it being there, so it wasn't some mass hallucination on Yea Forums's part.

Wait, wait, wait, so the skeks, and the beings they split from are Ayys?

Was the crystal turning purple and evil before or after it got cracked and lost a shard? Did the Urskeks crack it and thats what caused them to split into Skeks and Mystics?

And Ogra had the crystal originally right? It amazes me that she thought the Skeks were nice enough that she could just give them the crystal.

did you not watch the movie or show at all?

That's not what he said. Pretty sure he meant you can't just take one intrinsic part of the human experience and pretend it is to vulgar to be expressed artisticly.

Attached: f800x450-308988_360434_0.jpg (800x450, 62K)

Pleeeeassse?
PLEEAAAASE? PLEASE MAKE PEACE?

>Urskeks arrive after being banished from their world
>they built the Orrery for Aughra in trade for the crystal so she can explore the cosmos
>They fuck up messing with the crystal and split
>One of the skeks smacks the crystal some time later and breaks it

The skeksis weren't so evil as they were in the series. Aughra used to be friends with some of them.

Urskeks are aliens thst arrive during a conjuction through the crystal. Aughra thinks they cool, so she entrustes the crystal to them while she fucks off and explores the universe.
One urskek is tainted by darkness, so on the next conjunction, the crystal rejects them all and splits them in two. The skeksis crack a piece of the crystal off, which fucks it up.

>he
Intentionally exposing people to ugly and complicated aspects of the human experience in a work that is otherwise cleanly divided between beauty and evil is just shitting where you eat, and exactly what I mean by "political art" killing beauty

>When you have five years until retirement.

dumping a few pages from Beneath the Dark Crystal issue 1

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_01.jpg (1988x3056, 606K)

He is [frumpled] but canmot [dance]

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_02.jpg (1988x3056, 381K)

Which one is the one that powders his face like the prince of england?

I wonder if they are aware that the skeksis are much more interesting than the gelfling characters.

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_03.jpg (1988x3056, 530K)

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but many artists had political bent for their artwork.

Depends on the ball.

Wasn't used enough.

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_04.jpg (1988x3056, 667K)

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_05.jpg (1988x3056, 316K)

Your opinion is clearly shit, as this show is beautiful as fuck, and as it has a clear as day message.
People can do two things at once, triggered user.

Attached: 56.jpg (1280x1600, 558K)

Hey! At least 4 will survive. That's pretty good considering how Gelflings are no concept of war.

>but many """""artists""""" had political bent for their artwork.

Attached: laughing drive by.gif (300x169, 1.18M)

Take an art history class and consume more art of all types, you incel

So is the trial by stone something the skeks come up with after this to mediate conflict and try to keep the murder attempts down?

Attached: jim-hensons-creature-shop-challenge.jpg (800x500, 111K)

There were millenia of history when almost all higher art was made to advertise the ruling class. And we still marvel at it to this day.

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_06.jpg (1988x3056, 634K)

>3_skeks_together.jpg

If you think I was calling the show as a whole ugly there, you're completely unable to fucking read and any attempt to explain the actual intent of what I just said to you would be like trying to sell shampoo to a fucking chimpanzee

I bet you think that beauty is entirely subjective and that all of that art is only considered more beautiful than modern art because blah blah still active biases European beauty standards blah blah

Japan got this show too? Any word on how they like it?

Just how old it is, I'm not sure
But that is effectively the idea, the trials by Stone and Fire are both (theoretically) bloodless competitions that can be used to settle dispute
Show mentions at trial by Air as well, but that sounds like something the Gelfling came up with, aping the Skeksis customs

I thoughg ir was fhat gheu were so old that they had multiple holes going to the bladder and when they piss jts like a perpherated bucket.

what

Splitting streams is a real thing that can happen to older men.

SkekSo stop posting with your rotten ass hands
Get a podling to type for you

/pol/ has rotted his brain. Ignore him

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_07.jpg (1988x3056, 532K)

Are there any lesbian gelflings

So I'm wondering if in the episode where she frightens thr guards with her tales of curses and destruction was it the truth.

We know from the spider monster hordes and several death traps species of fungus Thra is not a bouncy castle all the time. It makes me wonder if Augra wasn't a violent brute before she encountered the Urskeks and their versions of enlightenment. It would gel with Augra admitting to many mistakes through the series.

Attached: [email protected] (420x420, 125K)

Learn what most subject matter Pablo Picasso focused on and then tell me he never had a political bent. You meme spouting fuck.

does it matter
they all die, their race is doomed and their planet turns to sand.

I thought I saw a timeline for this stuff.

>Jim Henson Company originally wanted to make it with CG gelflings
>Some guy at Netflix asked for puppets
What sort of backwards world are we living in where Netflix is wiling to put more money to making something better?

I see what has been said about Beneath making the gelfling a bit too normal looking
Don't get me wrong, Kensho is making me rock hard but it does take from the aesthetic a bit

The fireling shit is pretty gay imo
I wish they didn't lean so hard into it for sequel material and just retconned it altogether tbqhwy pham
Surely there's more stuff throughout Thra you could have written about?

Technically, the parts of them to regulate their shittyness when to the mystics.

Kind of the Big Brain thing about why each Skeksis and the opposite mystic have synonyomous titles but slightly different.

>this is your art
>this is your art on politics

Attached: picasso art comparison.jpg (1075x450, 161K)

i think that was the idea behind her design.

Attached: MV5BMjIzMzY0MzU4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI3MzM0MjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 8K)

They were shitty enough to be outcast by the rest of their kind in the first place

I just took it as generic mother nature type stuff. Sometimes nurturing, sometimes wrathful, but on the whole wanting the children of Thra to prosper. If anything, the urSkeks corrupted her by drawing her attention to the stars, away from the world she was supposed to be watching over.

Tavra and Onica are a thing in the books.

>someone actually shitting on Picasso because he decided he didn't fucking want to be a portrait artist
>someone shitting on Picasso because they don't even understand why his art evolved to it's final point
Fucks like you are why so much modern art feels sterile when it doesn't go full Dadaist.

you can fantasize about good things

next I'll switch to a few pages of the creation myths

Attached: jimhenson_beneaththedarkcrystal_issue1_08.jpg (1988x3056, 540K)

If you're really suggesting far left is better than far right you can go fuck yourself.

Realism and beauty are indistinguishable.
There is no worth in art which does not attempt to depict realness- either in detail or in the evocation of memory and feeling. The best art does both.
Picasso paintings produced after 1914 are ugly as sin, and there is a conspiracy between art critics not to admit this to the general public.

starting a few pages from the dark crystal creation myths vol 1

Attached: Cover.jpg (954x1467, 329K)

I think hs is implying true art is communicating the unsaid and people using their artistic skills are not making art but very well made propaganda posters.

Attached: page003.jpg (954x1467, 756K)

reminder bookkeeper, gelfing are for ESSENSE yes? Not for fuck
HmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

>Realism and beauty are indistinguishable

Attached: mfw.png (300x300, 132K)

Attached: page004.jpg (954x1467, 1.31M)

CHAMBERLAAAAAAAAAAAIN
LAY DOWN THAT THREAD DERAILMENT

Attached: SkekUng.jpg (1200x1609, 424K)

I want to drink Kira's essence.

Attached: 206d84f7-1743-4448-956b-9f2c071fa0ec[1].jpg (970x546, 97K)

Attached: page005.jpg (954x1467, 1.26M)

Seriously, its so weird that they face the opposite direction.

Maybe my decaying puss ridden fingers are hurting the quality of my posts.

Attached: 15658332468fe4f4612e4ab2c49c9b95f5b8abcbe3.jpg (769x1000, 159K)

Only ugly people disagree
Is there anything you want to tell us user

Henson's been in a bad place ever since they sold the Muppets to Disney. Being trapped in PBS Mo-Cap Kids Show Hell for all this time and having so many puppet-heavy film projects never get off the ground made them think a fully animated Dark Crystal show would be an easier sell.

It's a goddamn shame the show might be facing an uphill battle for a second season too. Like this is easily the best Henson puppet production since Muppet Treasure Island.

Pics?

Holy fuck take it >>>/somewhereelse/ you speds

This is gorgeous how much is it

Attached: page006.jpg (954x1467, 912K)

>The Da Cry!

Why do these tier lists always fuck Scrollkeeper? He was one of the best, he doesn't deserve this treatment.

but I seen it with my own two eyes

Attached: page007.jpg (954x1467, 937K)

I don't think that is what he means considering he said this in a previous post.

>Intentionally exposing people to ugly and complicated aspects of the human experience in a work that is otherwise cleanly divided between beauty and evil is just shitting where you eat

If anything he probably thinks propaganda posters are very artistic as long as they're made by someone he agrees with.

skipping page 9

Attached: page009.jpg (954x1467, 1M)

>page009.jpg

Show us page 8 you heathen because you posted page 9

>page 9
* page 8

Attached: page010.jpg (954x1467, 1.01M)

500 dollars

Weta workshop, 499.99.

incidentally, is about how much to sleep with a retired pronstar.

Attached: 15658335176d30ca25a565329afd75bd70f7b324a1.jpg (769x1000, 193K)

"evolution" is a strange synonym for "art theft and religious devotion to contemporary trends"
Modern art feels sterile because it is produced by people with a Picassoan mindset in an era where everyone thinks they can and will be the stroke of luck fluke artist used as the shining, platonic example of whatever asinine trend they're following at the time

Man, that thing is beautiful

Who dat?

see >>page 9
>* page 8
Here's page 8 just for you.

Attached: page008.jpg (954x1467, 661K)

>Skeksis
Those guys are crazy assholes

So I just watched the first episode, it was top-tier, but I gotta ask
>Child friendly high fantasy series with hour long episodes using fucking puppets
How the fuck did this get greenlit? I can't imagine a single executive who'd think this was a profitable idea.

Attached: 1488568233009.png (557x605, 464K)

Pleasure is temporary
THE EMPEROR IS ETERNAL

it's, it's beautiful user!

>Child friendly

Attached: 1484280312854.jpg (548x1088, 81K)

Dark crystal was a cult hit. So they're banking on fans of movie watching it and having their kids watch it as well.

There's plenty of beautiful propaganda made by people I disagree with. In fact, I'm a huge fan of Soviet realism.
A while ago, I visited a modern art museum and saw a shitload of black trash bags wrapped around a shopping cart. Most modern art is so unbelievably, objectively shitty and ugly that I'm convinced it's just a method through which millionaire "art critics" launder money.

Page 11

Attached: page011.jpg (954x1467, 826K)

>art theft and religious devotion to contemporary trends
Why are you conflating modern art to someone who helped define an entire art movement with how he changed? Also what art theft? And what the hell is a Picassoan mindset in your rotting addled mind?

Dark Crystal's also the only one of the two big Henson fantasy films they can really do anything else with. Labyrinth was overly dependent on David Bowie and he's dead now.

Attached: page012.jpg (954x1467, 895K)

Attached: CF5C241E-A108-4C88-A655-E1C4CB4A004E.jpg (1009x750, 550K)

Attached: page013.jpg (954x1467, 958K)

It's a spoiler, but if you read the comic it becomes fairly obvious not too far into it
Aughra's kid: Raunip

Attached: page014.jpg (954x1467, 1M)

Picasso's art was basically chopped-and-screwed remixing, but for paintings.
Picasso, as "someone who helped define an entire art movement with how he changed," is the person every modern artist strives to be- the trend-follower who is (usually posthumously) idolized for doing the same shit everyone else was doing. For fuck's sake, dude, you wrote out that succinct sentence and you still don't get this?

Attached: page015.jpg (954x1467, 994K)

Attached: page016.jpg (954x1467, 982K)

that was what I was thinking

Attached: page017.jpg (954x1467, 1.13M)

>$500
Fuuuuucking hell I might just save up and buy it

Some people just have it.

Attached: 98.png (754x659, 922K)

>your post ends in 500.0

you know you have too now.

Attached: page018.jpg (954x1467, 1.13M)

Thra's avatar has a fat ass

Attached: page019.jpg (954x1467, 971K)

Attached: page020.jpg (954x1467, 1.23M)

Henson Company was probably just hedging their bets. MORE Dark Crystal was all that mattered. It was going to be a fully animated series at one point. Puppets are expensive as shit, I wouldn't have expected Netflix to go for it either.

Attached: page021.jpg (954x1467, 1.16M)

I seriously hope Raunip shows up in S2. I mean he's got to right? He's easily the franchise's most beloved character who hasn't been ppl ut to screen yet.

Would you?

Attached: page022.jpg (954x1467, 980K)

>ugly
pic related is me, bucko. feel stupid?

Attached: sufjan.jpg (500x667, 75K)

>*put to screen
Shiet I suck at typing today

Now isn't that interesting
In the series the Gelfling rite is burial, and cremation was deemed blasphemous

Attached: page023.jpg (954x1467, 1.05M)

Someone post MEGA/GOOGLE!

I think its more that Seladon wanted to go straight to cremation with no ceremony to send her mom back to Thra. Which was then averted during the campfire memorial where the main gang sings the song, uses a weird seed thing and all that.

It is done

Attached: gonnabeeatingramenforamonth.png (1357x1595, 311K)

I'm more of a skeksis fan

Attached: page024.jpg (954x1467, 904K)

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

It just came out this month. Please wait.

50 years for them to grow old and die of withdrawl from soul-crack juice and the shitty crystal.

Attached: page025.jpg (954x1467, 1.16M)

>Carnival Row
Was it any good? I looked like it may be full of ham-fisted agenda pushing.

Attached: page026.jpg (954x1467, 1.14M)

HMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post results my skigga

I'm sorry skekSil, I'd have bought you instead if you were available though I'd buy skekMal over them all if they had him

Attached: IMG_20190904_171412.jpg (1964x2048, 876K)

Based

Attached: page027.jpg (954x1467, 1.41M)

That's a lot of fucking essence to drop on a thing but goddamn it really is gorgeous

The website says it won't actually be available until May 2020, so if this thread is still around, I will share the lovely details of our illustrious emperor

is that from the tokyopop comics?

Fuck, that's a long ass time

It’s too cute... it’s disgusting!

Yes

I'm gonna keep it real with you, chief, I didn't know who he was until I googled him just now.

here's the spoiler

Attached: page028.jpg (954x1467, 992K)

>1/6 scale
That's pretty big. Where are you going to put him in your house?

>hup
Deetlet this

Attached: page029.jpg (954x1467, 1.01M)

The music/book room has some space now that the drumset is gone

Attached: IMG_20190905_121830.jpg (2048x1536, 636K)

Here ya go mega.nz/#F!j9NxyCob!y_6CuEfwbpthiqpZhL52lA

Attached: page030.jpg (954x1467, 1.03M)

>hand-holding

Attached: page031.jpg (954x1467, 1010K)

L-lewd!

lewd

also just noticed, do the grillflings not have their wings yet at this point?

Attached: page032.jpg (954x1467, 889K)

This is getting good. More please

Aughra Odinated

Attached: page033.jpg (954x1467, 1M)

Attached: page034.jpg (954x1467, 1.03M)

Attached: page035.jpg (954x1467, 995K)

>burnt out her eye
metal

>gelflings cant figure out how to take down like 10 skeksis
>Skeksis even goes "1 vs 1 me faggot!" and gets rekt
>gelflings still cant figure out how to kill all the skeksis
>a skesis gets exploded by daily dose
>1000 gelfing reinforcements arrive and Skeksis retreat
>ogra seems to walk into the goddamn castle whenever she feels like it
>"huurr, how are we going to get the crystal shard rejoined with the crystal?"

Good job nitwits, now you get to fight frankenstein crabs because you took too long on your quest.

Attached: page036.jpg (954x1467, 1.03M)

THE MADMAN DID IT
man thats some real shit showing up for trips

Attached: page037.jpg (954x1467, 1.05M)

Just how fucking old is Tavra? Or is this a different Tavra?

Different one. This would be the better part of two thousand trine before AoR

It just occurred to me that the Director did what James Cameron has been trying and failing to do with Avatar for the last decade. He made what's the equivalent of 5 movies at the same time.

With fucking puppets.

>Only two episodes in now and Skeksil is objectively the best character
Please tell me the HMMMMster never stops being great.

Attached: page038.jpg (954x1467, 1.19M)

He doesn't.

Just wait till you get to Episode 5.

Those panels on the bottom are the shit earing grin of a man about to doom an entire planet

Hmmmmmmster gets away with everything in the end

Attached: IMG_20190904_171349.jpg (791x1200, 302K)

Is Raunip just a deformed Incel, mad that he cant get laid so he takes everyone down with him?

Attached: page039.jpg (954x1467, 1022K)

He just gets even better, my dude

Chanter seems pretty strong

Attached: page040.jpg (954x1467, 1.08M)

Nah he's well liked by all creatures until a bit later

Attached: page041.jpg (954x1467, 1.07M)

uh oh?

Someone save me, I keep reading the comic from right to left

Attached: page042.jpg (954x1467, 1.03M)

So is Hup the only non retarded Podling? Is he a different kind of Podling? Hes got different eyes than all the other dumb as fuck ones.

The film made it sound like one Conjunction in the past

Attached: page043.jpg (954x1467, 1003K)

He's the retarded one. The retard gene in podlings make them smarter.

The comic that's currently being posted shows that's it's two previous ones

Attached: page044.jpg (954x1467, 1014K)

Just kind of bringing up how it seems to be a retcon of the film.

So they DIDN'T start with wings

Is this all? I'm enjoying this, I hope it's not over!

Kys

Just wait. He gets even better.

these are myths, no necessarily true records

Attached: page045.jpg (954x1467, 1.54M)

Attached: page046.jpg (954x1467, 1.4M)

I swear to fuck, read a book nigger

Attached: page047.jpg (954x1467, 902K)

you are a dull cuck.

Attached: page048.jpg (954x1467, 1.08M)

it would help if you stopped lying with every post.

Swiggity swoot I'm coming for that Gelf booty.

If that's all puppets that's ridiculously impressive

Attached: page049.jpg (954x1467, 1.01M)

Skeks are people in suits + puppetry

Attached: page050.jpg (954x1467, 960K)

That's all puppets. Hunter only goes CGI when he's tree hopping

watch the making of documentary too to see it all

Attached: page051.jpg (954x1467, 883K)

Attached: page052.jpg (954x1467, 1.02M)

Attached: page053.jpg (954x1467, 934K)

Reee keep going.

I see no mention of podlings in this creation myths comic, are they not a normal race of Thra?

That's because podlings don't matter.

They're the lowest

I remember there's mention somewhere of a Gelfling story on the subject, "How the Gelfling Girl Got her Wings" or something like that, and there are different takes on it. It may have an actual basis in truth, in-universe.

Its literally right here

Sorry, hadn't scrolled that far yet.

Are you fucking bitching about collages now? Holy shit man.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Mystics.jpg (936x403, 47K)

Pretty good CGI. I thought it was a freerunner in a suit doing all that.

My own take on it is that it's more that the yellow eye, implied to be the part of him that came from another world, can see the truth of things, though often without subtlety, nuance or context. He mistrusted the urSkeks from the start because he could tell they weren't being entirely truthful, but his suspicions were out of scale with the whole of the truth, and his cynicism doomed Thra to an age of slow wasting by causing the thing he most feared.

I've heard that the original Dark Crystal was a big hit in Japan. Can't wait for the doujins now that there's a new show.

So does Power of the Dark Crystal explain how the Gelfling's don't just go extinct?

Come back user

>I'm not ready to go alone...
>All right, alone then.
Call me a tard but I always thought that was a beautifully poignant line from the film.

Attached: Jen horizon.jpg (1924x807, 573K)

It's Discworld without the humor.

Attached: IMG_20190904_202125.jpg (1024x731, 108K)

youtu.be/SVJDPsgOBxM

Attached: 6824x65bk0l31.jpg (498x497, 91K)

youtu.be/SpIoPQHYhrw
SkekUng deserves death for hating best boy's hmmmmmmMMMMmmmm

Attached: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png (1256x1012, 632K)

Imagine putting up with that shit for the better part of a thousand years. and skekSil seems to do it more around him just to annoy him that much more
It's no wonder he doesn't live in the castle

I just want to hug her and keep her safe. And also maybe fuck her a little.

Attached: ddfa83a28b95400f8abd63042f38_f74fd2b4_400.png (400x445, 324K)

Hup is thirsty for Deet, but Deet only sees him as a silly friend. RIP Hups heart. Maybe he'll find a QT podling thats as smart as he is.

Attached: SADFACE.jpg (219x93, 11K)

He's honestly lucky that skekUng just strips and banishes him. I would've cut that scheming fucker's tongue out just to be sure he's no longer a danger to anyone.

Attached: 4ff6b297-fd3e-4f3c-a403-f68fa17c56ef.jpg (750x1230, 169K)

That meme is shit. What it should say is:
>General will look at Chamberlain, yes?
>Bitch. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Its a universal law that backstabbing suckups never die, and keeping coming back to do more backstabbbing and sucking up.

Attached: starscream toast.jpg (700x500, 62K)

Make it then

Attached: IMG_20190907_164046.jpg (640x620, 51K)

Fuck gelfings. They're flat as pancakes.

Delicious

Do you fancy the alternative

Attached: ec9e74b7.jpg (1280x566, 93K)

Gelfings are all about the sexy ears.

Attached: elf ears are for lewds.jpg (700x800, 475K)

I think one is her granddad. He looks older and her grandmother is the village elder of their capital.

I swear I've seen some sex dolls that are uncanny valley for human beings but look just like Gelflings.

She says "fathers"

Gays allowed to exist and grow old while lesbians have to die young

All is well in Thra

When does she say Maudra Argot is her granny?

Also, can I just say how much I love Argot and wish she got more screentime?

"Can't argue with trees, ha!"

>gays literally do nothing but exist
>THIS FUCKING SOCIAL COMMENTARY IS OUT OF FUCKING CONTROL ODFNDKJNDKFN EVICT ALABAMA

Is it just me, or does Deet look asian? Can a tiny green elf look asian?

Attached: godzilla pitties you.jpg (261x197, 13K)

t. Rian

Where in the everloving FUCK is my fizzgig plushie. Why the hell is Netflix slacking on the merchandising.

Attached: 5.jpg (320x240, 19K)

>in the movie this thing is named "Fizgig" and they call it that all through the movie

>in the series they go LOL actually the species is called Fizgig

>time to watch it again for a third time
I've got other shows to watch god damn it but I just keep watching this.

Take screencaps as you go

It's the epicanthic folds on her eyelids, coupled with the dark eyes.

>I bet the Chamberlain did this

They just called their dog "doggie"

Attached: hmmmmmm.jpg (629x248, 30K)

Attached: ashit.png (584x642, 425K)

Attached: 5.jpg (1125x1920, 363K)

>Elder God-tier
Hunter

>God-tier
Emperor
Heretic
Chamberlain
Scientist

>Good-tier
Ritual Master
Scroll Keeper
General
SkekUng

>Average-tier
Ornamentalist
Treassurer
Slave Master
Mariner

>Shit-tier
Collector
Gourmand

Love my mad Heretic boi Because he reminds me of myself when my old group of college friends cast me out

Attached: You will be surprised.jpg (1780x1618, 1.03M)

I will accept this ranking
did you end up finding your other half, user?

Attached: wxvbxijbi5l31.jpg (2160x2700, 1.17M)

Heretic was probably on the same level as the Hunter back when the Heretic was the conqueror. Also the reason he is in exile rather than dead after betraying the Skeksis. They couldn't match him and the Hunter didn't give a shit to kill him.

>1/6 scale
How tall would it be? was thinking of getting the 26" Ornstein figure from First4Figures, but I dunno. This one looks good. If big enough I'll probably get this one instead.

If you had the chance, would you share a feast with the Skeksis or with the gelflings?

I would work with scientist to make a powdered form of essence and then do rails with all of the skeksis.

From the website
>9.84" x 12.99" x 11.81" (W x H x D) 25 cm x 33 cm x 30 cm

Skeksis have a better variety of food and the bantz would be top tier

Alright, anons. Skektek needs new ideas for his devices. Post the 4th image from a random folder of yours and come up with a way for the Skeksis to use it in their diabolical plans.
Failing this task rewards you with a date with the peeper beetle.

Attached: dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-the-scientist-teaser.jpg (825x464, 49K)

Gelfling cannot fulfill prophecy if Beast devour, yeeessss?

Attached: beast.jpg (900x900, 38K)

It tells the time.

Attached: #zwateves (11).jpg (800x600, 109K)

Chamberlain already has it covered.

Attached: 1566822722960.gif (350x262, 3.26M)

Skeksis use acid to accept the inevitability of death and work through their traumas

Attached: qx1x4w1lczi31.png (933x733, 641K)

every so often, this lake here you see, explodes. Last time it exploded it released a large cloud of enough bad gas that it killed 1,746 Gelfing and 3,500 nearby life stock.

Imagine you force the gelfing to live next to lake and just wait for the lake to exterminate the Gelfings yourself. Then collect the harvest.

Attached: 800px-Lake_nyos.jpg (800x538, 52K)

Uhhhhh,,,

Attached: 3349758-9164165446-phant.jpg (560x330, 212K)

Ok, take many Garthim, yes? Put them over each other, you see? Now they are in a pile, yes? Garthim cover each other, hold each other, yes? Then, Garthim cannot be pushed, cannot be rolled on back. Therefore, garthim pile invincible, yes? Gelfling then get dragged inside pile when close, and then... No more gelfling. Pile is slow, but relentless. Pile is slow, but unforgiving. Good for ambush, you see?

Attached: crab-pile.jpg (640x404, 56K)

Not yet, but at least I got you anons for company!

Attached: averyniceidiot.png (375x218, 104K)

>ever heard about something called "The final solution"?

Attached: c0dc70_6363705.jpg (529x397, 45K)

I need more art of heretic and wanderer being idiots togethe. They are fun!

Attached: 6fe60ce5-1cc1-4692-8226-314f6e9fc456.png (1280x1280, 731K)

That's how they're going to organize the Garthim.

Attached: .png (2268x2322, 569K)

HmmmMMMMMMmmm?

Podlings grab shit from the ground and eat it. They're essentially made to be slaves.

>everything is political
>either you're with me or against me
>the side that disagrees with me is either stupid, lazy, working with hitler, or hitler himself

Attached: 1358288262054.jpg (750x563, 61K)

They're fucking puppets man.

>everything is political
Everything IS political. It's impossible to make something that isn't, since every aspect of life has become politicized.
However, one doesn't have to care. I enjoy some art from people who have different views from me.

It's a bit funny the Skeksis actors happen to be Jewish.

wouldn't surprise me if it was mocap

>tfw no Deet gf

Yes.

Attached: Magical_realm.png (200x239, 67K)

The great weapon they went out of their way for was massively underwhelming. It didn't help Rian was just a punching bag most of the time and just got a lucky hit in.

Yeah, how dare they didn't give him a m60?

It served just about every purposed it needed to.
Everything but show the Skeksis weren't immortal, but that's just because Rian was a pussy that refused to kill The General.

>that's just because Rian was a pussy that refused to kill The General
He wasn't a pussy, it's just the fact that gelflings are really naive and just wanted Skeksis to leave, not destroy them.

yep

Attached: e2fa32744e5ab8bcf4a4efd162c8acf8.jpg (729x1000, 165K)

>SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
>MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

Did they ever show they were immune to anything deadly? I didn't really see any evidence that was the case besides rumors from the gelflings. Being immortal may let you live for a long time, but I never thought at anytime they were impervious. The sword was useful for banding them together with the projection I will give you that. Its just if he lost it during the fight I could see any regular sword doing the job as well.

Attached: 424663.jpg (300x171, 14K)

So just watched the first episode and is the series supposed to be a critique of neo liberalism and trickle down economics or am I looking too far into this?

Attached: soros.jpg (960x540, 42K)

>MISTER VULTURE MAN, THE PLAN IS JUST MOVING AS WE EXPECTED
>IT'S TIME FOR THE SECOND PHASE
>GENOCIDE THEM ALL

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 56K)

Are you confusing feudal obligations with liberalism?

>critique of neo liberalism and trickle down economics
user, Gelflings literally live on early middle ages with magic, what neoliberalism?

They did seem a bit more resilient, if for no other reason than their vitals were more spread out than the tiny Gelfling. It was more about breaking the lie that as far as everyone was concerned was undeniable fact.

You're looking way too far into this.

There's the bit where the princess talks about how tithe system makes no sense. How the Skesis don't need tithes if they're already so rich and powerful, but then the librarian responds saying how the wealth given to skesis benefits the gelflings.

Reminder that Seladon is made for sexual punishment.

Attached: 3288A34F-143E-4C2D-80FA-98AB27614401.png (2243x1262, 1.87M)

That can be applied into anything. Also All-Maudhra directly intefering peasants affairs might be a criticism of Stalinist collectivisation economy.

The point was that Skesis also say anything to excuse their greed and assholery and Gelflings just take their word for it because they're raised to. You get an extreme example later.

>Realism and beauty are indistinguishable.
So phtography is the only real art form then on account of being the most capable of a 1:1 depiction of objective reality? Why didn’t you say so sooner! Let’s paint the Sistine chapel over and put in social-realist photographies instead of that unrealistic religious shit.
That’s you user, that’s how dumb you sound.

>he read the first half of the first sentence and then stopped

>FOUR ARMS
that user was autism kino

Attached: fourlights.gif (720x540, 3.5M)

>Finally get to final episode
>Expect it to be somewhat anti-climactic and boring given it's like eight rat-vultures against maybe twelve Gelfling, if that
>THE HUNT MUST END
>Deet goes full Palpatine
>Garthim War Soon Fellow Stalker
Holy shit I love the writing in this show.

Anyone got a screen shot?