Why are people glad Sony backed out of the Spider-Man deal with Sony?

Why are people glad Sony backed out of the Spider-Man deal with Sony?

The MCU movies weren't good but at least they were tolerable and not offensively bad, and there was potential to fix things in the future.

Attached: 1567876997652.jpg (1020x880, 406K)

>crossing out Spider-Man 3 and Venom
The rest are correct

Dude fuck Disney
Just fuuuuuuuck
Disssssneeeeeeeeeey
Fuck 'em
And fuck you too

Because Disney ruined the one last saving grace of the Star Wars franchise, the video games. At least with Sony we may get a good Spidey games here and there, with Disney I doubt they'd even bother making any games at all.

Why is Spiderverse crossed out?

I can agree with all of this with the exception of Spiderverse, while it wasn’t a very good “Spider-Man” story, the animation and wide cast of colorful characters really puts it ahead of lots of other films Sony has tried to make that deals with comic books

Objectively the good Spider-Man films are as follows:
>Raimi-Man 1
>Raimi-Man 2
>ASM1
>Venom
>Spiderverse
>Iron Man

Disney owns the game rights, in fact Sony's unwillingness to compromise on the MCU deal might make Disney stop collaborating with Sony and Insomniac (who Sony just bought) in making games

>ASM1

Attached: 1486820422166.jpg (600x578, 49K)

>ASM1
The movie where Peter is a skater dudebro who buy his web fluid from Oscorp and runs around his school in costume without his mask on? I can’t agree man, that movie was a really bad Spidey story
>Venom
The movie that turned blonde hair, body builder Eddie Brock into a budget version of Peter Parker who does a bunch of wacky slapstick comedy bits and is frightened by every little thing the Symbiote does around him? Naw man, I can’t agree, that movie was a really bad Venom story

Because we're contrarians and MCUcks are toppest of plebs.

Will MJ be a cracker again, now that Spiderman is under Sony?

Attached: belmontephotography_06_preview.jpg (1536x1988, 191K)

Sony cast Zendaya

Venom is worse than fucking Suicide Squad.

I'm glad that Spider-Man's gone from the MCU personally, his presence would just end up overshadowing all of the newcomers since his fans would just ask for him to be everywhere.

Sony also casted Tom Holland.

What exactly did MCU do to him?

3 is a cursed number for sony

>Venom is worse than fucking Suicide Squad
Based and truthpilled

I feel like I'm the only one that liked every Spider-Man film Sony made. Even the worst ones are just okay to me and are still watchable.

Because fuck the mouse.

There may have been potential to fix things, but Disney was not remotely interested in doing so. On the contrary, by all accounts they intended to double-down on the worst parts of their take, further making Petey into a character whose whole life revolves around the relationship he had with his sugar daddy, and his "crossover" potential with other heroes.

Given the right team, there's no reason why a Sony version free of Stark couldn't do a much better take on Spidey.

You've got one company that did some misses, but could theoretically get shit right by hiring the right people.

You've got another company that did things okayish but with some glaring flaws, that indicated repeatedly they intended to keep pushing the flaws more and more into the spotlight.

...Plus we're really salty that a babyfaced dude that never once looked remotely nerdy or outsiderish was being sold as Peter Parker: world's biggest high school dweeb.

>You've got another company that did things okayish but with some glaring flaws, that indicated repeatedly they intended to keep pushing the flaws more and more into the spotlight.
Don't know where you're getting this from, both MCU Spider-Man solo movies gave me the vibe that his Tony teen fangirl phase was temporary, and that he was about to be evolved into a solo young adult character and a major player in future phases, first by having him refuse a place in the Avengers in the first one, and then by weaning him off Tony's teat in the second one, and saying he needs to take over the responsibility of being Earth's mightiest hero, but in his own way and not by imitating Tony.

1) Spider-man as "Earth's mightiest hero" sounds pretty dire
2) Disney intended to keep using Spidey for crossover stuff, which could have very mixed results seeing how "well" the Iron Man crossover went
3) Literally the next story was set up to keep building on the Tony link, with Happy still looking out for Peter, and Peter's life turned upside down due to his link to Tony (and Mysterio being pissed about it).

Venom is kino

it has minorities in it

I disagree, seeing Eddie reduced to a beta version of Peter Parker was awful, the only worthwhile things from it were the two action scenes and the 10 seconds of she Venom, and that was it.

>at least they were tolerable and not offensively bad
nah

>1) Spider-man as "Earth's mightiest hero" sounds pretty dire
All the other ones are dead, retired, or cover different jurisdictions, he'd be the main guy to go to until X-Men and FF are introduced

>he MCU movies weren't good but at least they were tolerable and not offensively bad
Opinion
>and there was potential to fix things in the future.
>M-maybe they'll be good next time!

>Eddie
>beta Peter
noice b8 m8

Are Yea Forums racists still trying to pretend that Spider-verse was a bad movie?

Well I would give them a chance, Sony wasted all of theirs

And Disney hasn't? As if you could make your shill status any more obvious

Sony ruined one line, and started three awful ones, Disney only made one line with two mediocre movies that kinda shit on Peter but have fantastic villains

>Iron Man
Based.

>small frame
>brown hair and brown eyes
>super unlucky
>gets caught in awkward social situations like sitting in a lobster tank
>is absolutely frightened of the symbiote
This is Eddie Brock?

Attached: image.jpg (752x659, 656K)

Are Yea Forums SJWs still trying to pretend that Spider-verse was a good movie?

>POPULAR MOVIES BAD

brilliant neckbeard

as for your topic, no one cares about the mcu spider-man movies as anything but another bite of the mcu. they will be legendary like the raimi movies for precisely nobody.

If you were Lucas, you would sell your franchise for over 2 BILLION DOLLARS and never have to work for the rest of your life.

Nigga, venom was garbage. Fallback.

Honestly, I would put Dark phoenix over venom.

Mediocre and forgettable > nothing > offensively bad

>BRO BRO THE ASM SUCKS CAUSE PETER SKATEBOARDS!!

Just one of many reasons why ASM sucked user

Science genius watching a YouTube video about how batteries work

How does he afford all the chemicals he buys from Oscorp!? Why were these movies so bad!?

>ASM1
>Spider-Verse
>the second half of Venom
>>>Bad

>ASM1
>not awful
I mean, how? This movie had like, a grand total of 120 seconds of an actual good movie / story, and the rest was just trash supported by cranes

I'll take that as a yes then.

>Corssing out fucking Spider-Verse