How would you rewrite SU?

How would you rewrite SU?

Attached: IMG_5248.jpg (850x830, 199K)

Go away Geoff Johns

Brown Diamond snubbed again.

Attached: brown-diamond-300x300.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Is my version good?

Attached: IMG_5161.jpg (8008x1680, 852K)

Rebecca Sugar is killed in a tragic car accident in 1996. SU never gets made.

Plot wise mostly the same but the redeemed characters actually stick around and get to live with Steven like the other three main gems. Peridot gets her star earlier in the show and Lapis is less of an asshole.

Aesthetically more like season 1 later season have too much scifi when the gems used to look more magical that technological.

For townie episodes the gems are involved in one way or another instead of just being Steven and some boring human.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pkcwr67BSg1vboih5_500.gif (480x270, 738K)

make white a lot less human, like when we first saw her
>As for this latest little game of yours… thank the stars it's over! Did you have fun? (Eyes narrow slightly, voice takes on a slightly menacing tone) Did you get everything out of your system?
she was totally aware rose was PD, but the war was basically a joke to her
she was probably one of the first if not THE first gem ever manufactured, so she probably has a hand in the destruction of whatever race created the gems
make homeworld a surveillance state with white-puppeted gems controlling everything. Yellow and Blue mostly work on their colonies, with the only reason to be on homeworld is the occasional appearance
season 5 ends with pink, blue, and yellow evacuating all gems from homeworld while white blows homeworld and herself in a mad attempt to punish an entire population of disobedient gems
steven now takes the place as top diamond out of necessity, instead of the diamonds just doing shit for him because they adore him

fix the pacing
do the twist earlier
introduce white diamond clues earlier
when lapis flies off, she fucks off for good, only coming back at the end after the diamonds are beaten

SU is one of those things that could only come from sugar's diseased brain, only a fool would try to completely overhaul it

Attached: 1567817621849.png (1280x1600, 547K)

COHERENTLY

Dude aliens.

>A diamon is my birth stone.
What does it mean?

rewrite would involve a trash bin fire k thanks.

Go the Avatar the Last Airbender route and make a an "anime" with less filler, more substance. Also make the pacifist likable and willing to fight in cool action scenes.
Also remove the Pink Diamond twist. Done.

As much as the fact my birthstone is amethyst: absolutely nothing.

Who is this the green lantern that Yea Forumsmblr always wanted

male gems would be cool, actually

I've got some more shit I made for this idea

Attached: Gem Empire just planets.png (5176x596, 172K)

Here's a sort of concept for Blue's palace on Neptune, the whole thing being made of water like the tower Lapis made in S1

Attached: Neptun.png (1338x549, 18K)

Another for Red on Mars
I always thought it was a shame that the show didn't explore space more

Attached: Mars.png (1338x549, 10K)

Kinda like Transformers.

>Purple, Orange, Green, and Black Diamond are male and have their own male armies
>They meet steven and arent charmed by him or greg
>connie on the other hand...

Attached: 1561507204198.jpg (480x456, 27K)

>Update
It all relates back to this
Which I've spent WAY too much time fleshing out

Attached: The Idea.png (4012x856, 487K)

nice sailor moon fanfic

More permanent consequences to violence.

What about Mrs. Maheswaran

Attached: toyt1hvpmc801.png (640x375, 243K)

>implying someone can't fall for the Mr. Universe charm

Phosphophyllite is the hero and it's called Houseki no Kuni

Attached: cute funny.jpg (1073x1077, 125K)

That would ruin it.

Everytime, and i mean EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. i come to Yea Forums to chill and see what's going on i see atleast 7 fucking Steven Universe threads

What is it that a single cartoon attracts so many autistic manchildren? What does that cartoon have that makes it stand out?

>MUH CARTOONY CHARACTERS FIGHTING
>MUH ANIME LOVE LETTER
>MUH WAIFUs
>MUH HORNY REBECCA SUGAR
>MUH PERIDOT

NO!

It's just a stupid cartoon made for little kids who don't know shit about what makes a cartoon good, and for retarded pedophile trannies who won't stop gobbling on cartoon networks corporate cock.

>"L-LOL YOU'RE A INCEL"
>"SEETHING"

Seriously, you fucking tranny SU-fags make me sick. You will never be loved and/or needed by anyone in your entire NEET life. You're all human waste.

Please do us all a favor and do the following:
1.- Go to your nearest grocery store
2.- Buy a deodorant
3.- Apply it on your diabetic, greasy-ass stinky armpits
4.- After that, take both joycons and shove them up your fat ass as deep as you can while screaming "WE ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS!"
5.- Finally, grab a rope, make a hangman's knot and neck yourself so that you stop stealing my precious oxygen

Have there be rival Diamond empires so there's at least a reason why the Diamonds feel like they have to expand and conquer so much.

A Diamond Patriarchy exists alongside a Diamond Matriarchy. They share power in a tenuous agreement until PD's death. The Patriarchy loses all faith in the Matriarchy after the rebellion and a Diamond civil war ensues.

When Steven is discovered, the Matriarchy wants to kill him/bring PD back while the Patriarchy wants to recruit him and his help to seize full authority once and for all.

Tl;dr
Favorite gem?

Peridot I guess

Why don't YOU go away,Didiot?,now seriously,this concept is stupid,also,SU is already full of lazy anime references(and lazy rip-off of ideas),there is no need for rip-offs of american comics,furthermore.there is no need for SU itself!

gay agenda insertion

based autist
change the names on that shit and write your own scifi story

Instead of eating donuts and singing gay songs, Steven goes through a Spartan-lite training and punch gods as a proof that mankind existed

Attached: Seiya abs.jpg (1200x675, 143K)

>Change the names and make own scifi story
Believe me, I'd love to
But it's all still too much caught up in the dynamics of the gems. I've explored a few other ideas like Periodic Table elements and shit, but none of them have really gotten that far

Attached: Jupiter.png (1338x549, 27K)

There's not much in need of a 'rewrite' aside from truly making Rose and Pink Diamond different characters and forcing Steven to have a limited set of powers to solve his problems like a Quartz. In the current story though, you actually still have villains. The Diamonds are clearly still complete cunts and White is just playing dumb until Steven's bullshit runs its course, Lapis admits she's still insane, Jasper is still wants absolutely nothing to do with the Crystal Gems, and Spinel still doesn't have the love of her Diamond and was still abandoned.

None of their motives have really disappeared. The characters only need a reason to turn on Steven for conflict to arise.

>implying anyone can be unredeemed

From the top
>far less townie episodes
Steven and crew have passing encounters with them at most; but they keep to the main plot most of the time.

>stuff happens when Steven isn't around.
Lars liberates a colony, we see the evil machinations of the antagonists and things of that nature

>actually see worlds destroyed by the empire and much more space travel to boot

>diamonds are actually unrepentant and irredeemable
Portrayed as far colder, calculating and less tolerant of failure. The repression of fusions and off colors is due to the fact that they fear being usurped. Also they have crystalline echos after their speech.

>Rose/Pink is stated to be defective and screws things up quite a bit.
Was intended to be an aspect of war, but came out completely wrong, and was one who respected all life.

Should have been out right shunned by the other diamonds outright and is only given earth to have her out of their way.
She wanted to prove how useful other lifeforms could be to the empire
Earth got nuked because they wanted her out of the way.

Cluster should have been a ramshackle attempt to make a true red diamond from that planet's resources.

>Diamonds honestly should have been defeated one by one
Shortly after Bismuth's debut, we should have seen a forced fusion created from the failed ruby squad or corrupted gems. Thus displaying how horrid they really are.

They are defeated one by one over the course of the series; either being sealed in a structure that revitalizes the all of the corrupted ones in the end, absorbed by one of the main crew or outright evaporated.
>Fusion are fusions, nothing more, nothing less except in Garnet's interpretation.

>Pearl acts more like a guide more so than a creepy motherly figure.
>Lapis is much more withdrawn than abusive
>rose appears as a projection for one final message to pearl from steven's gem during the last episodes revealing steven's purpose

I think that's it, unless I am missing something

Attached: 80c.png (893x1362, 859K)

this

Attached: __amethyst_houseki_no_kuni_drawn_by_sheya__sample-8c54ee5db207478553c7dde3fd1514b4.jpg (850x1348, 261K)

ALL of THIS

>The repression of fusions and off colors is due to the fact that they fear being usurped.
I'm surprised they never once realized this and ran with it when writing the Diamonds.

There are very, VERY clear reasons the Diamonds should not like their gems congregating in large numbers to discuss matters outside their jobs and the Diamond's orders.

Attached: 445533222.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

What's better than a twoway?

Attached: 1494616357678[1].png (499x499, 68K)

Adult Swim more sex jokes and that aspect of his human side, like he flushes after whackering and a sewer monster attacks

Has Robot Chicken ever -

White Diamond should get naked.

Attached: 1532403837812.png (2550x3300, 1.78M)

That black toe nail polish is staggeringly off-putting.

>themanwithnotaste.exe

Dude, are you even a footfag?
That black toe polish is the her single greatest physical trait

Made some more stuff
Wish I was good with character design, then I could maybe turn this into a comic

Attached: IMG_5278.png (1336x549, 9K)

I am and I hate toe nail polish. Ewk.

>>How would you rewrite SU?
OK, so when Steven first sees White Diamond she's butt nekkid and he immediately falls in lus - I mean, love, and his one singular motivation from then on is going balls deep in that. For her part she thinks he's cute, naive and easily exploitable, and so decides to use him and his raging libido for her own ends. The story pretty much writes itself from there.

Attached: THICC.jpg (1280x2139, 295K)

Focus on the old war.

Attached: 1445079946622.jpg (800x1131, 581K)

Hear's my version of Diamond (wrote this in '14)

Diamond has an extreme nazi-like obsession with his/her twisted view of perfection (and possibly would have the ability to create Diamond golems to help him/her to carry it out) If the censors will allow it, his/her gem is on his/her upper arm

>After defeating Alexandrite (with ease) Steven confronts her “You dare challenge my perfection mongrel?”
>Steven then gives a speech about how nobody is perfect and it is our imperfections that make us special, Diamond replies “-Sigh- your mother said the same thing to me, aside from myself, Rose Quartz was the closest thing to perfection, her only imperfection was that she sided with imperfect whelps like yourself!”
>Using his gem powers, Steven makes a small dent in Diamond’s gem
>Seeing the "imperfection" Diamond picks at it (trying to smooth it out)
>It doesn't work and Diamond frantically picks at it, making it worse and worse “MUSTBEPERFECT! MUSTBEPERFECT! MUSTBEPERFECT!”
>thiskillsthediamond.jpg

The Cubic Zirconias
>Created by either a scientist with a grudge against Rose Quartz or the government just in case Rose Quartz failed to protect Earth/went rogue
>One of them can take on Opal with ease
>This forces Steven to debubble Bismuth

Pearl and Greg have passionate, occasionally violent hatesex at least once per episode.

Attached: 56c.png (700x935, 194K)

Rose Quartz was an elite operative in Pink's army that went rogue due to being manipulated by a Sunstone who was taking orders from Pink Diamond to cause a war to test out her army.

cut every townie episode. every single one. cut connie.

here's my idea
>Gems were made by a hyper advanced race of space dragons who abandoned them tens of thousands of years ago, with only the Diamonds aware of their existence
>They'd use gems as slaves, have entire thrones made of up to thousands of gems, that kind of stuff
>Only White is in actual contact with the space dragons, and is ordered around and constantly demands order out of fear of displeasing her masters
>Once she falls to Steven they get displeased in her and send out their newer, stranger lifeforms after the gems, another barbaric but extremely powerful empire with all of it's members being based off of metallic materials

Attached: demiurgee.jpg (543x800, 136K)

user, I really think you have something good going here, I really hope you can find the changes you want to make it your own. If you ever come out with a comic of this premise I'd happily tune in for each update.
I'm curious to know what the other ideas were to replace the gems since you said the periodic table; have you considered robots with a color classification system or or maybe just some strange alien lifeforms that can be vastly different from one another?

Well, one other idea I had that MAYBE had potential was a sort of "Color Spectrum" thing, where each "gem" had a prism, and were identifed and classed by how light passed through. I really like the idea of inorganic beings made of solide light like the gems, and this is closest to that.

But how do you build a hierarchy off of that? And how do you name characters? I don't want to just give them original names, because that defeats the purpose of them being identified and valued by their gem and shit, you know?
I don't wanna do robots because I want to emulate the sort of "mystical" feel of SE1 SU, instead of just pure scifi tech.

I'm real happy to hear you like the idea though, it always feels good to hear that there's a real audience for something like this. I actually tried doing a sort of rough comic thing for the first "episode", but didn't get far because, as you can see, I can't design characters well.

Attached: concept.png (2248x629, 30K)

I'm only good at making shit like this

Attached: Uranus.png (1336x549, 19K)

One moment user, I might have an idea. :)

More Andy

Why is pearl so hot? It's unfair

Steven would've been 16 from the jump, and his characterization would taken more a Zatch Bell approach. His softhearted nature would remain intact, but I'd that pacifist crap like bad habit. You've to got to fight for what you want (figuratively and literally), and some people just need to get the asses kicked. I would've also pushed the magical side of gems at least ten times harder than what Sugar did. The minute Lapis showed up, all the magic stuff flew right out the window.

fpbp

Pilot Steven was similar to what you are saying. He didn't take shit from Lars.

I'd be glad to hear it

Attached: Gems.png (5162x1009, 176K)

>How would you rewrite SU?
All the plot points, characters and general progression is there, but the pacing and order is fucked in places. 10 minutes is not appropriate for a long term lore-dependent show.

The first season should have been Greg Universe and Rose Quartz meeting for the first time and then their story interacting with the other crystal gems and the townies, progressing to the end of season 1 with the birth of (title drop) Steven Universe.
Season 2 would be a time-accelerated set of key points in Steven's life (ie: infant abduction by crystal gems) with the 1/3 or 1/2 point being Steven at age 14, picking up where the show starts and meeting Connie.
Season 3 should feature the crystal gems as minor antagonists, being increasingly concerned with their prior lies about who they are and why they're on earth, which is highlighted by the appearance of Lapis and her fleeing earth, and Bismuth with her betrayal by Rose Quartz.
Season 4 would basically be the Peridot, Jasper, and Cluster arc. Greg's abduction as the introduction to the season and the Cluster bubble is the climax.
Season 5 antagonist would be Pink Diamond and the reveal that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond, which appropriately freaks everyone out. Steven pulls everyone together for the remaining few episodes of season 5 and ends with everyone back together.
Season 6 would be "Change Your Mind" but expanded to a full and proper arc, starting with the wedding of Ruby and Sapphire, with lots of time spent on homeworld (ie: seeing how Lars escapes) and ending with the uncorruption of the bubbled crystal gems, release of the rose quartz soldiers and gradual "uplift" of the zoomans from their isolated captivity to a local habitable planet (not return to earth)
Season 7 and 8 would be Steven during age 15 and 16, with the SU Movie being in the begining of season 8, then following a "villain or drama of the week" sort of formula.

Attached: HandEnrapturedHuman.jpg (600x800, 111K)

>You're a joke Steven, a big fat joke.
>It must be tougher for you Lars, at least people like jokes
De-fucking-stroyed.

Attached: Good Job.png (350x400, 38K)

I should mention: If it doesn't provide motion to the plot or series, it gets dropped.
Townie episodes should excel at displaying the differences between humans and gems in problem solving or personality, and build a reliable character who can be introduced at any time to an episode or season plot and be both present and interesting.

As amusing as it was seeing future events unfold with characters who appear exactly once in the series, it's ultimately a waste of 10 minutes, let alone 30, to exist in a season.
Main characters build stories up.
Needless side characters tear stories down.
Worthless OC donutsteels kill stories.

...user?

Attached: Jupiter.png (1338x549, 29K)

Biggest thing is not stretching the show out twice as long, but that's on the suits. The biggest change I'd want to make would be to introduce another alien force, something that gems are fighting. Give the Diamond Authority a real reason to exist, and make these other aliens the kind that act nice solely because they're trying to leverage Steven against Homeworld, so he has to choose between two bad sides, and temper his desire to improve the gems' lot in life with the necessity of their war machine. Consequently, a great deal of townie shit would have to get cut, because there just wouldn't be any time for it, which is a shame because Lars would have been a great vehicle to explore space from an outsider perspective.

Stop forcing everything to be from Steven's perspective, for one thing.
There are so many interesting things that could be explored if Steven didn't have to absolutely be there or if things didn't have to be told to him through a flashback.

Bullshit made up by jewelers to make money. My birth stone is either ruby, emerald or green quartz depending on who you ask.

Sorry, was trying to fix my tablet for awhile. it went from bad but usable to terrible. I'm working on the image, sorry for the wait. OTL

gotcha

Attached: Kuiper.jpg (1496x1010, 312K)

>The Gems were created by a race of reptilians, along with the Ores, their male equivalents. The Gems and Ores rose up against their masters, but tensions eventually drove them apart and they became two different empires.
>Rose Quartz isn't Pink Diamond, rather one of her grunts stationed on Earth, which is incredibly valuable for the materials it has and the magic it has flowing through it, both of which are essential for the creation of more Gems.
>As part of a scheme to get Earth from Pink Diamond, whose kind of been holding onto it for the past few thousand years, White Diamond concocts a scheme to convince Rose to start her revolution and kill Pink Diamond, allowing her to take Earth and completely drain it. After that, they'd just stop the revolution easy peasy.
>As it turns out, Rose's resistance ends up being stronger than they bargained for, becoming a major threat. Eventually, Rose started recruiting Ores into her organization, which the Diamonds would eventually use as an excuse to go to war against the Ore Empire, convincing the public that the revolution was backed by Lord Platinum as a way to destroy the Diamond Authority from within. They then realize that they can simply forget about Earth, as the vast wealth of the Ore Empire would be much more plentiful.
>After the Corrupting Light is launched in a last ditch effort to wipe out the Gems, the Diamonds wage all-out war against the Ores, wiping out almost the entire race.
>Moving along from the backstory and onto the actual show, the show is now more script-driven then storyboard driven.
>Steven ages in real time, and now goes to school.
>More focus on human society, with the government regularly getting involved. Maybe there'd be a human villain whose like a Lex Luthor type who weaponizes Gem technology.
>White Diamond isn't redeemed, and she disappears following Change Your Mind. She'll come back in the final season for one final battle.

Sorry for the wait user, I hope this can give you some ideas to branch off of Please feel free to use and change this how you see fit. :)

Sorry its crappily done as well, tablet shit the bed. Also rushed it because I worrying about thread archiving.

Fuck forgot to add image.

Attached: foranon.png (1368x1398, 138K)

2 minutes into the first episode it cuts into a PSA about the dangers of imbibing the narcissistic delusions of women and homosexuals.

Wow, this is some quality art, user! I especially like the design you came up with for the cluster prism, and the one handling the generation
So if I'm understanding this correctly, A "Gem", that is to say a person, is created when a prism and raw mineral or ore is combined, with the gem powering it, and the prism allowing for it's light or engergy to take a physical shape?
That's not a bad idea, actually!
It would certainly be a firm step in the direction of this being it's own thing, or at least different enough to qualify as such
It could also give a reason for the color coding of Gems specific to their diamonds, and not totally hardcoding certain gems to a color (i.e sappire must always be blue, or a ruby red). Their gem would be, but their physical body is influenced by the prism, if that makes sense.

So, a gem provides purpose or role and power, and the quality of the prism... does what exactly? Can certain types of gems only fit or be properly molded to particular prisms? Are prisms natural, or manufactured?
Sorry, this is all very good! I'm just getting a little tripped up

Attached: Cuprite.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Lol, I've done better artwork than this that's for sure, I'm glad it gets the points across despite it being made in a hurry though! I'd love to do more designs for the "gems", but I kept it vague so you could put your ideas into it.

Pretty much! Separately the prism and gem are kinda useless, with the gem holding untapped power and the prism being a mere channeler of that energy, but together it makes the person. The two work together in a compatible way to form a variety of combinations of "Gems".

In my eyes the quality of the prism -being what its made out of (maybe a mystery material), how good it looks (like its luster), how it's cut- determines how effectively the ouputted "Gem" is I guess. The gem being chosen on how easy it is to acquire or something. The two put together result in an output.

I hadn't drawn it but I imagined maybe they carve into the prism the shape of the gem and secure it in place so it functions like one unit. Also I assumed the prisms were manufactured, at least recent ones. Maybe ancient "Gems" came from natural prisms, and some other life just had the idea to put big pretty gems into a crystalline casing and they came to life? Idk, that's all you to you my dude.

I hope I've worded myself alright, I know I can speak in an almost dizzying way sometimes. :\

Also, once this thread archives maybe you should take these ideas to /i/ or /ic/, I'm sure there'd be people there who could also help with ideas as well.

Also because I'd like to keep helping you after the thread archives. - v -

You've done a fine job, do not worry!
Hm, the concept is good, though I'm not sure how to proceed regarding the whole quality thing with the prisms. There's a lot of ways to take it. You have to think, you know, if the cut of the prism is what affects the quality or effectiveness of the gem, then why make or have lower cuts at all? I'm more of a fan of the idea of the Ore/gem affecting the quality, with the Prisms serving as sort of "molds" or "templates".

An idea I thought up that was neat was that when molding the prism and gem together, parts of the gem had to be "shaved off" to make it fit and synergize well. But that these "shavings" could still be used to cut corners when there's a shortage of materials by fusing them together and using that to fill the mold. Or that there's a standardized prism that gems can be molded into, but again, if the ore is suffecient enough, a smaller prism can be used, but it'll create a smaller gem. Or something like that. But this all might conflict with the story of themes of Gem or cut not deciding who you are and what your worth is. I don't know

There's a lot of things to consider with this idea, but it's certainly something worh playing around with!
If you'd like to keep helping me, I could add you on discord or something. If you're okay with that, that is. No pressure!

Attached: Hood.png (900x1196, 226K)

Blue Diamond is introduced much sooner, and there is a recurring sub-plot about Blue trying to adopt Steven and become his new mommy.

Attached: 520ef5648331b0bff17163612fa075f5.png (707x1000, 766K)

Yeah, you make a good point with the prism ordeal. It's definitely something to tinker with. As well as how the gem and prism fit together, and the possibilities that come with the ideas you've listed.

I was thinking of asking if you had a discord actually; beat me to it ;P. I'd be happy to add you! I have to figure out what mine was, I don't use it often anymore. One sec.

Alright, should be this: Scoober#7703 Icon should be a weird fish-ish girl.

Sounds Good!
mine is
Bobbert Mudge#1935

Attached: Grey Pearl.png (1417x2710, 57K)

>my birthstone is either aquamarine or bloodstone

How do you not know what month it would be? I was born prematurely but I'm going with my actual birth month.

From what I've read on it Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for March, while Bloodstone is the traditional birthstone for March.

More diamonds would be awesome. Maybe make them a different faction. Maybe even males.

I honestly don't think rebecca sugar is too bright.
It became a mutant you know.

Literally every episode is about Spinel and Steven romance.

Collateral damage having consequences. Like a dude gets his house destroyed by a downed gem ship and loses his family. He isn’t reimbursed and is just kind of
Ignored. Left bitter, jaded and angry he goes on a quest for revenge that ultimately makes Steven ( and the gems) question the morality of their actions.

basically cut season 3 out of existence.

>Adversely

ONLY townie episodes. 'Steven Universe' is a slice-of-life show and the entire gem war plays out in the background.

So basically.. gems already took over our solar system?

Turns out we were the White gems all along.

Make this happen.

Attached: Stevenbadend.jpg (1280x612, 315K)

that's fat white girl shit that adds nothing to the plot

You both disgust me, if you want slice of life watch those shitty nicktoons, or the disney channel.

adding more doesn't resolve the current problems

indeed, it seemed as though the abilities of some fusions superseded their's if that was the case, they would live in constant fear.

Interesting, I could see that. A government splinter dedicated to replicating gem technology from old landmarks and ruins. I could see them creating a diamond of their own in order provide power or defend earth on their terms.

Along with that we would need someone like agent Bishop from TMNT or better yet, Rondaldo is only pretending to be a conspiracy theorist when in reality he is an intelligence agent who's much closer than he should be.

Attached: 0e63a10277c7888f5e2d25f4e1811c67f93fc031_hq.jpg (720x402, 32K)

this thread has some ideas that would be pretty cool, to the degree that i might actually want to read like fukkin AU comics or some shit if anybody made them based on some of these ideas. and AU shit is totally abhorrent to me in every other context.

that being said, most of these ideas are also unrealistic from a production standpoint. CU would not sign off on funding most of these ideas for an ostensible children's show that is viewed mostly by lefty non-children. the reason the show is funded at all is not because suits believe in lore, it's because the show speaks to a particular demo, and almost all of these suggestions would shatter that demo's opinion of/investment in the show. and their word of mouth is everything.

the other angle is that the show STARTS with the themes that it is ending with, being about solving conflicts through empathy and conversation, explicitly in lieu of violence. suggestions that would push the show darker or more violent would not match up with this established thesis, which would have been a key aspect to the pitch that got the show greenlit in the first place. and mid-series shifts would also be rejected by anyone trying to maintain overall continuity, which is once again also vital to keeping the target non-child demo happy.

but for anyone that wants to dream, please actually make something consumable from those dreams, rather than just keeping them as greentext gripes, thanks, and thanks for reading my blog

Attached: 1509918682774.png (706x1146, 220K)

>CU
meant CN, fuck i'm jetlagged

Yep!
That's the their domain in this universe, rather than a far off interstellar empire

Very few of this suggestion fit the theme of SU. Better townie/gem interaction would have been dope to see, especially in the post-CYM era.

THIS

Feels like Fan fiction/Original fiction, still interest though but back on topic, How would this be rewritten as AU but still Steven Universe?

Could always have it take place in a different system.

I feel like you'd have to radically alter the setting in order to allow for the existence of Steven, considering not only is Pink Diamond not a presence, but Earth has been completely terra-formed by the Gems, so I'm assuming that rules out the possibility of humans existing in this setting, so no Greg either.

It's funny that mention this, because originally Pink WAS supposed to exist on the Moon, where all of Earth's life was moved and became the "Zoo"
I scrapped that though because it didn't fit with the universe I was trying to create, and just felt like a holdover from the Show that didn't actually contribute anything

Attached: IMG_5117.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Fellow diamondchad

>ugh, I can't believe people like something I don't! That makes me SO mad!!!
lmao

I would give Steven a human or some kind of alien antagonist who see's the diamonds and gems in-general as the threat they really are and who would rally the many enemies/oppressed that the gems made for the sole mission of revenge while the gems attempt to reform.

I would make the the antagonist an enemy Steven cannot talk-no-justu out of and who would fight him and do harm to him and his friends with pure wrath. Maybe let the villain take over Homeworld for a bit and help people let out the frustration on their long time enemy and whose rage while rightful is misguided and will lead to his death against Steven as who those rallied around his cause learn its futile to seek revenge and wage war over past transgressions and would learn to forgive, but not forget for what the Gems did and give their whole turn over a new leaf stick a chance.

There is a sore lack of determined enemies in the show. I would really like to ask Sucrose about that.

This and also try to hold onto that unknowing and alien feeling when introducing new gems and locations.
I feel like after season 2's shitty cluster resolve nothing felt threatening anymore.

Remember the mystery and wonder of ocean gem?
Remember the fear and dread after steven got the attention of peridot?

I would make the Gem Homeworld less evil. If we cut down on the number of atrocities the Diamonds commit, it would not only make their eventual redemption more believable, it would also make more sense. They should be less of an evil fantasy empire, and more of an alien culture with an extremely unusual value system.

For example, they wouldn't threaten to shatter Gems for refusing orders. Every single Gem, even a common and insignificant one, is an immortal lifeform whose birth requires non-renewable resources. A death sentence would be totally out of the question under normal circumstances. Instead, lawbreaking or disobedient Gems would be inserted into magical items and put to use for a period of time, in hopes that serving the Diamond Authority in the hands of another would teach them loyalty.

Remember when we found out about Lapis Lazuli and people thought that a lot of Gem artifacts were powered by imprisoned Gems and it was what they did to criminals or something? It would make more sense if that was actually the case.

Even so, many Gems were still shattered during the Crystal Gem rebellion. This is not how rebellions are normally handled, but the war for Earth escalated to the point where many of Homeworld's soldiers were killing their enemies instead of bubbling them. The catalyst for this was, in fact, the Crystal Gems' human allies; originally they were given weapons and tools to let them fight for their own planet, but they didn't see things the way Gems did; they didn't think about how every Gem life is eternal and irreplaceable, or how any defeated foe could be easily imprisoned by another Gem, but they did realize that striking their gemstones was a quick and relatively easy way to stop them.

That's why the modern Crystal Gems don't want humans encountering monsters.

Gotta agree.

Honestly, too much of this show was flying by the seat of their pants.

And that's why Jasper was the best

This is undergrad philosophy tier. You should be ashamed of writing something even more corny than what we have now in Steven Universe.
Metal men are stupid as fuck too.
This one's a good idea because it actually addresses one of the core flaws in SU's writing.

I wouldn't. Id probably just adjust the pacing of season 5 a bit. Give diamond days it's own season

I for one enjoyed seeing what you guys put together- I hope you can work something out and look forward to seeing something more solid some day.

Hopefully we can get there, user

Attached: IMG_5049.jpg (600x600, 47K)

>mystical feel
just read french comics like moebius and valerian

Attached: CwYKXHUXcAIJ7vY.jpg large.jpg (500x668, 109K)

this is good
also not breaking flawed gems at birth.
homeworld's philosopy actually has some potential good points over earth. sure, it's less individual and free, but you'll also always have a place in it and guarenteed companionship. no soul-searching or existential dread.

based