Why are so many modern Western kids cartoons such feckless anticlimactic celebrations of mediocrity?

Why are so many modern Western kids cartoons such feckless anticlimactic celebrations of mediocrity?

Attached: 06abc10f06efd46c0d9cbfe9354bc4bc.jpg (540x216, 17K)

Believe In Steven

>modern

thank the underachievers like dennis the menace and bart simpsons

Because we still tell kids they're all special and unique, but still need to temper their expectations.

The past is dead! Dead!

Attached: PaleUncomfortableGallinule-size_restricted.gif (960x540, 1.41M)

Because they're geared more towards teens and young adults that struggle with their identities and don't feel like growing up, so the show just reinforces their immaturity and unwillingness to conform to societal standards..

>putting otgw up their
absolutely tastless op

>Western
Weeb detected

Attached: 1567825935969.png (555x555, 166K)

Pic very related to op's post.

>No Nickelodeon characters
What went wrong?

Because they want to play safe and don't want to make financial risks.

Attached: milo.jpg (307x480, 15K)

Another "modern cartoons bad" thread, man this is why we need more Spinel

Attached: 1567640340993.png (483x527, 234K)

Like the cartoons in the 80s and 90s are better.
Like weeb shit is better

This
Welcome to the "Participation Award" era of animation. Western animation has never been lazier or less competent

Attached: 1566870442848.jpg (655x527, 45K)

because the writers can't stand the idea of the characters being confident
Dipper gets an entire episode where he learns he shouldn't talk to girls
I remember Adventure Time had a writer who flat out hated Finn. makes sense he would turn into such a sad sack as the series went on

Why would he be talking about anime, and why is he a weeb for not doing so?

Steven Universe’s whole thing is getting confident in himself.

>i don't like thing

Wow

70's, 80s...

go back to Yea Forums

OP isn't talking about anime. Yea Forums is the anime board, and Yea Forums is the cartoon board. You are currently on Yea Forums.

I like to think of Yea Forums as a comics board first, cartoons second.

>Over the Garden Wall
>Mediocre

Nice to see that you have shit taste, user.

then you are wrong. no one cares about comics.

Not him. It's wasn't great. Also it had only one season there was no time to get really bad. So compair it to AT or GF season one and it's just ok.

Loud House shits upon all of them is why. That is the cold hard truth this board will never face because most of you have been groomed since day one into the "CN good, Orange splat bad" mantra, because despite all the bleating I've heard about company war posting being bad the channel-focus thinking has been a thing here since the board was conceived.

Attached: SHE FUCKING WON.png (1080x1080, 1.35M)

(You) are the cancer that is killing Yea Forums

you fucking leave wirt out of this. OTGW is one of the greatest cartoon series of the 2010's you fucking faggot.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x360, 727K)