Hear there's a new Steven Universe movie

>Hear there's a new Steven Universe movie
I thought meh, prob will be mediocre
>This scene youtu.be/RqXYd1Hhh_8
Why the FUCK wasn't the actual season 5 finale anywhere as good as this

Attached: sw5391d4xlk31.jpg (1243x1373, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_fujM6vvgF4
youtu.be/S8rbBix-ll0
youtube.com/watch?v=cMTT_Pj1FYI
youtube.com/watch?v=HqJQAgBPBSA
youtube.com/watch?v=HwyOjeRzShs
youtube.com/watch?v=lZxMKPqOIT8
youtube.com/watch?v=xfo7XXSaE20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they should have fought on the moon
did they just run out of money?

They get more money for a movie I think.

>Spinel pulling out the witch hunter

At that moment I was in love.

It's all downhill from that scene to be honest

they look nothing alike

The finale was better desu

Spinel's voice actor and character are amazing but honestly it's just not enough to carry it. Other Friends is top notch though.

So why is a mediocre steven universe move 90% of Yea Forums right now?
why aren't jannies doing anything?
Where are our based tritonposters?

>I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing
Fuck, that took me way too long to connect those dots.

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-RCVR.mkv_snapshot_00.55.05_[2019.09.05 (1920x1080, 153K)

They have the same fight choreography.

How about you fuck off and die, phoneposter?

Both twin tails and both have similar fighting style, though really there is only so much you can do with a scythe. Still some of the moves very similar to early SE episodes and how Maka moves and spins her scythe in the op.

>Literally a farmer's tool
>Can only do like one move with it which is either slashing or spin and then slash

I wonder why so many retarded faggots like this shit tier weapon

Cause it's fuckin cool

Attached: fuckincool.png (1740x900, 1.04M)

It's stylish as fuck

these designs feel like something I would have killed to own when I played battleon-adventurequest

Nah you're just a faggot.

it's design makes it so it can only sweep the ground, but mounted on a pale horse, one could sweep the neck or midsection

youtu.be/_fujM6vvgF4

If I was a faggot I think I'd like SU and this movie

MFW I realize the scythe design for the rejuvinator implies large hoards of gems were cut down and reset at a time.

Attached: 1567710079737.png (1224x1045, 656K)

There are a lot of little things about Spinel that aren't obvious at first.

Like her behavior toward Steven when she was in reset-mode completely makes Pink out to be an idiot even more than the movie already makes her.

When Spinel first appears post-reset and bonds with Steven, the first thing she does is let Steven take the lead in having fun, but she also immediately stops as soon as he makes it clear he's not having fun.

And then later when Steven gets sad over the whole situation while talking with Bismuth, Peri, and Lapis, Spinel immediately tries to distract him from what's making him sad. But that doesn't work, it's the others taking steps and promises to fix the problem that cheers Steven up. And it's clear Spinel takes notice of this, since she doesn't try the "distract them" method on him after that. No, she starts helping fix the problem since that's what clearly makes him happy, and it ends up working.

Helping him fix his friends was what made him happy, so she kept doing.

From then on until her memories return she hangs back, not forcing Steven to pay attention to her like you'd expect, and tries her best to help Steven, because that's what makes him happy.

The part that makes Pink even more of an idiot is that this is exactly what Spinel did with her too, and I don't think Pink ever realized it. All she wanted was to be a good friend and make her best friend smile, but she couldn't tell when the smiles started being forced. She thought she was still doing the right thing by just playing games and grabbing her attention whenever possible.

And Pink Diamond never realized this She clearly just saw Spinel as someone who just wanted to play and have fun all day. She probably left her there under the assumption "There's no way she'll actually stand there all that time, she'll stop and go have fun playing eventually." but that wasn't what Spinel was about. All she wanted was to make Pink happy, so she did as she was told.

Attached: PD was the WORST.png (1920x1080, 762K)

The song lyrics were on fucking point this time around. Was pleasantly surprised.

Spinel is literally the perfect friend.

This, PD never gave her a chance to grow as a person. I'm honestly amazed that such an amazing character was made in an hour and twenty minute movie compared to some characters who have had all 5 seasons to develop in the show.

Also worth mentioning is she probably fucked around with the pizza cutter not just because "duhhh wut this" but instead to try and help Steven since he was using it to help his friends. And she actually succeeds in making Ruby and Sapphire fuse with her hi-jinks.

Imagine how fucking happy she must've felt when Steven got excited seeing Garnet.

Attached: 1567717625551.png (1280x1051, 694K)

It also suggests that it was made for use by someone like Spinel, who can shoot out her arms and use the scythe like a spear that penetrates formations, with the wide blades taking out swathes of gems on either side. Noodle arms make an agricultural-orientation scythe actually useful as a weapon, while realistic arms really need the war scythe orientation to be effective.

I can actually see Spinel being given that weapon to use against anyone who attacks Pink.

If a gem attacks Pink then clearly something super fucked up happened to them, no gem would ever attack one of the Diamonds like that. And resetting them was probably better than just shattering them in that case.

youtu.be/S8rbBix-ll0 *Angry balloon sounds*

Yeah it's a shitty weapon that only makes sense as a metaphor in folklore. Death having a scythe makes sense since he's the fucking REAPER of souls. He's just harvesting lives and making sure the population doesn't overgrow for the world.

nice find dude
the song still sounds great even without the backing music

>Implying there wasn't farming gem that just mowed through hoards of gems with their scythe to reset them and keep the population under control kind of like how people use scythes to cut tall grass
Can't have gems growing too much and rebelling.

Perhaps a relic from the days when gems were ruled by Sneeple.

Farming tools were popularized as weapons by Europe and Asia for a while. Most aren't as practical as a sword, axe, or mace though you work with what you have on hand. In Asia it became a martial art in just being able to use any object as a weapon. It was associated with Death simply due to a scythe being used as a harvesting tool to compare Death to the harvester of souls.

Yeah you're right, you're bellow faggot tier, like an Uberfaggot.

Sneedple

>your now imagining someone on the crew crouching next to a mic and squishing a balloon 100+ times to get the sound samples required for spinels movements

Attached: 1567471564777.gif (1109x616, 3.32M)

Attached: 2019-09-06-0356-19.webm (550x536, 50K)

>Farming tools were popularized as weapons by Europe
And the scythe was impractical shiiiiiiiiiit not even peasants used. Most peasants would have a sword, but if they were super fucking poor a hatchet, mallet, etc. with a plant of wood as a shield were much more practical

>Voice actress for Spinel walks in
>Adds screams of pain to the mix
>"NO PLEASE! STOP! DON'T PULL ME APART! I'M GONNA POP!"
>One of the actors actually pops a balloon
>"OH MY DIAMOND! I'M SO SORRY I WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH! WHAT A WORLD!"

Attached: 1567720255659.png (488x543, 195K)

The 30s called, they want their noodle arms back.

The idea is good, BUT AS USUAL her voice actor isn't trying to sing properly and the 30-50s music isn't a very good rendition.

t. a moron

*PUNCH*
WHAT DID YOU FUCKING SAY? You better get out of this thread.

I
I don't know what to say other than good bait. You got me.

What would you change?
youtube.com/watch?v=cMTT_Pj1FYI

Why was pink diamond the most neglectful gem?

Attached: Someone set this spinel to evil.png (640x480, 163K)

I honestly wasn't expecting the movie to be as good as it was, hot damn they knocked it out of the park.
I'd be way more excited for more if they weren't so pants-on-head retarded with their billions of hiatuses killing any and all hype.

This is what a quality old timey song should sound like:
youtube.com/watch?v=HqJQAgBPBSA

>Farming tools were popularized as weapons by Europe and Asia for a while
If scythes were to be used as weapons, they were first modified like pic related. Since that makes them actually useful as pole arms.

Attached: Polish_scythemen_1863.png (612x731, 288K)

youtube.com/watch?v=HwyOjeRzShs

note those guys have fucking guns and the modified scythes weren't the primary weapon

Anyone have a mega for the digital release with the 5.1 mix?

>She probably left her there under the assumption "There's no way she'll actually stand there all that time

I don't think she thought that. She later bubbled Bismuth when she got a bit too extreme for her tastes and hid her in a place where literally nobody but her could ever have reached her

Brings a new meaning to Tall Poppy Syndrome, huh?

>Most peasants would have a sword
You're an idiot, most peasants didn't carry swords. At best they would have a dagger/knife. There are a lot of weapons more practical than a scythe, a fucking rock and sling is more practical than a scythe.

That pic was from a brief time when the use of war scythes overlapped the existence of photography. Coincidentally, it also happened to be a time when guns had largely replaced bows and arrows, but not everyone had moved to all-gun troops yet. The scythemen were there mostly to defend the gunners against cavalry.

Which is all beside the point, It's an illustration of what scythes that were actually used as weapons looked like.

a character's weapon in the show is a helmet
just a helmet

scythe isn't that absurd in fantastical settings where people have fantastical levels of agility

My little user can't be this shit taste

>just a helmet
To be fair, it's a pretty big helmet.

Attached: Big helmet.png (2000x3000, 81K)

>a fucking rock and sling is more practical than a scythe
For skirmishing, yes. For fending off cavalry, no.

For you

And getting corrupted was all apart of your master redemption? What's next?

>Hit the horse in the head with a rock
>profit
It's still better if we're only talking about a farming scythe. A war scythe on the other hand would just work like a pole arm.

Is that magenta horse singing?

>A war scythe on the other hand would just work like a pole arm.
Which is why farmers (who had scythes handy) used them as improvised pole arms. That's the whole point.

>You're an idiot, most peasants didn't carry swords
England had a literal law the required every man to own a sword.

>implying England is part of the EU
kek

Who would win?

Attached: FearIntimidationFriendship.jpg (1112x1232, 336K)

No one. The battle would trigger the spiral nemesis.

> More Opal.

Attached: Colonel.jpg (480x360, 15K)

No they dont

This song is so fucking annoying.

i only agree because it's stuck in my head and i sort of wish i never heard it at this point

imagine being this wrong.

The word is "catchy". It's a catchy song.

>Forgetting that literally any gem can shape-shift
Spinel just does a lot of that shit because she's a perfect cut of a gem literally made to play and be silly.

>TFW listened to the song, the instrumental, and the musicless version like 150 times collectively over the course of a single 24 hour period and have no signs of stopping
THAT'S RIGHT I HEARD THE SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Attached: 1567700068543.png (1280x720, 397K)

because she's the worst

at the time she had just gotten her colony. it was a metaphor for her leaving childish things behind. why she never came back though. probably a few legitimate reasons but none good enough to excuse it

Grievous
he has 4 arms

It doesn't seem like shapeshifting, though. When a gem shapeshifts their body reverts back into light before reconfiguring into their desired form. You can see this with Spinel both times when she regenerates in the movie. It seems rather like she was purposefully designed to have a rubber texture skin which shouldn't be impossible with what we know about gems.

Attached: Secret Team_trim.webm (960x540, 874K)

>she's a perfect cut of a gem literally made to play and be silly.
Meaning it's her specialty. She does it more easily and better than every other gem we've seen. Different gems have different degrees of the basic gem abilities. Not all of them can even shapeshift (Peridot), and the only other gem we've seen who could use the rejuvenator like that is Garnet. And Garnet's done less limb stretching in five seasons than Spinel did in a random ten seconds of that part.

No, it's bad. It's not catchy. It's trying too hard.

Is the song stuck in your head?

This is a "It insists upon itself" tier argument.

are you... literally mad that you enjoy something?

Attached: 1536137714018.gif (350x249, 765K)

I'll be honest, I did not care for Other Friends.

Attached: 1567467393052.png (1403x992, 262K)

>rip off Disney classic song
>rip off japanese animation and direction
>but with tranny designs
it WAS as good as this
because it wasn't

Attached: 1552611046924.jpg (563x651, 226K)

i didn't really like it initially, it was kind of jarring how suddenly it jumped into the song
but every subsequent viewing has made it dug itself further and further into my brain
>LIFE ON THE LINE. Winner takes all! Ready or not LET'S BEGIN.
that part is ear crack to me

That whole second part after the interruption is great.
>Who am I? WHO AM I? What are you even SAYING?
Fucking 10/10.

Attached: yung lean.png (826x467, 289K)

You just described axes and swords

I think the "what did you do without me, what did you do?" part drags the entire song down. The chorus was already pretty repetitive, so I don't think we really needed that stretch where they repeat the same line six times in a row with minor variations.

I'm musically dumb. What instrument did they reverse to get her intro sound? A violin?
youtube.com/watch?v=lZxMKPqOIT8

>Even the music video in their bigger budget movie has constant animation perspective problems
The part with her wrapping around the lighthouse is especially bad. And how did the gems suddenly all turn around towards Steven when they got scythed when they were running towards the light house?

They turned around at the last second while she was flying towards them?

I think he is.

Attached: 0193.png (838x172, 56K)

What bothers me much more is how her legs are connected to the Injector, she wraps around the lighthouse, and yet when she comes down to hit the gems after unfurling from the lighthouse, her legs are attached to lighthouse rather than the Injector.

Goddamn Garfield used to be funny

Further complicating this--the shot at 1:30 has the Crystal Gems running from the Injector towards the lighthouse, with Spinel's legs nowhere in sight.
Then at 1:32/1:33, the perspective shot shows that her legs are still clearly connected to something that isn't the lighthouse.
And then she's descending, clearly connected to something behind her.
That bothers me a shit load more than the CGs just facing Steven when they're cut down.

That's a modified strip (First and last panel)
in case you didn't realize.
mezzacotta has some interesting strips in their 'Square Root of Minus Garfield' area.

Is the soundtrack already out by chance?

'cause this nigga uses it

Attached: Grim reaper.jpg (770x512, 41K)

She forgot

Nah, it leads into the best part of the song
>Did you think all this time that I wouldn't find out about YOUUUUUUUUUUU
That leadup into the chorus is fucking 11/10

bubbling makes you unconscious at least, you dont experience the suffering of imprisonment. and bismuth was kind of hellbent on killing her and her sisters, even if she didnt know it.

the reason why she didnt tell anyone and didnt ever try again to reason with bismuth was more fucked up (because she didnt have a good reason for attacking bismuth under her Rose persona and keeping that up was more important than bismuth's freedom)

...you do know a good portion of foley sounds can be bought, right? Especially for something as common place as squeaky clown shoes.

i usually dont notice the mistakes like this until people point them out but this is immediately a bit jarring in the moment. as an isolated shot her approach looks a lot better this way than what it should have looked like, I guess they thought that was a good enough reason to break shot continuity?

A weapon made almost entirely of steel would be ridiculously expensive to a peasant. Hell, a well made sword nowadays can be ridiculously expensive.

Because Yea Forums is full of fanboys with no taste. I watched SU and loved it up to around the end of season 4. This movie is a pile of shit. Spinel and Steg are great and there are some good songs but as a an actual movie it just sucks and has fucking terrible writing. People are just eating up Spinel and the fanservice throughout the movie and giving it a 10/10 with no real thought.

That line Bismuth said saying she would be better dead not knowing how little she meant for her was sad.

Is kind of sad that Steven is contractually obligated to be the sole solver of emotional issues. Spinel had to characters that could have related with her suffering in the form of Pearl as the devote servant and Bismuth as the betrayed friend.

Attached: PotableFlickeringIceblueredtopzebra-poster[1].jpg (1280x720, 42K)

It being associated with Death forever gave it that cool, edgy vibe.
>The scythe basically "killed" the gems

I doubt it was made for her but her body certainly gave her a deadly advantage in using it.

>all three Crystal Gems are poofed
>no new designs
b-but that's a rule
how dare they

Attached: Amethyst_Reformed.gif (800x454, 601K)

>Even works on diamonds

>Video removed already
Damn and it was working just fine when I entered the thread.

This is a great picture.

Holy shit I never even realized that.

Better Grievous.

Attached: 1567553660536.png (1280x1564, 1.28M)

>nobody but her could ever have reached ehr
everything Rose put in Lion was meant for Steven. it seems like she intended for him to be the one to free her.

technically they were just reset, rather than destroyed

>intended
maybe she put her there as one of those things she doesn't have to worry about because she'll be dead

they need to consciously think about a new design when they got poof'd, but this time their memories were reset to factory settings, thus no new designs.

they were poofed AND reset

Attached: spinel-1-88889f8a048d.webm (960x540, 2.24M)

I think the problem isn't really the actress, it's that Rebecca seems to have a problem with making things stick to tenor or mid-ranged even though she has Broadway trained actresses. She underutilized their full range.
She's decent when it comes to music composing but it all seems to play things simple and easy going. Not many time signature changes, crescendos, pp's and ff's, or even some vibrato.
If she wanted to make an electric swing song that sounds fun and menacing then she should have gone full ham on it. I mean, the character is even based on cartoons during that era, they were nothing but ham.
The song should have been a more pg version of this: youtube.com/watch?v=xfo7XXSaE20

My guess is she intended to come back for her later when the grunt of the work on earth was done but then shit happenned and she completely forgot about her

video not found.
im going to assume is the one they used for the teaser trailer? its a reversed violin on a vinyl record player

It felt kind of uncomfortable when Spinel was having her full on breakdown and started hitting herself in between attacks and ranting about how worthless she is. I think it's actually the one time she ever gets physically hurt.

Attached: 1538627323438.png (594x495, 278K)

Yeah, I get the strong impression that if Sugar can't easily sing it herself it's not happening.

Nah it's a well done story and celebration of the characters and franchises that's already good and elevated by Spinel. Steg is a bonus, no one is judging the movie based on him. Quit being a fake fan.