Are you working hard on your dream, Yea Forums? What did you achieve when you were 15?

Are you working hard on your dream, Yea Forums? What did you achieve when you were 15?

Attached: 1567696855929.png (520x748, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kevinandthebikes.bandcamp.com/album/dorkcore-101
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cringe af dilate

Second base

I'm trying. Fuck, it's hard but I ain't giving up.

i've wanted to be a writer since i was around 10-11, and i'm still chasing this dream. by 15, i wrote a lot of kinda jokey medieval/high fantasy short stories (what else would a 15 year old nerd write), but then i stopped because my parents somehow convinced me that i wanted to be a lawyer. thankfully, i decided that was bullshit by the time i graduated high school. right now, i hope i can get into a good MFA program pretty soon that can hopefully pay me oh my god please

Attached: me irl.jpg (1024x429, 55K)

when i was 15 i wrote in that letter to myself to get laid by the time im 20

i failed user

>Are you working hard on your dream, Yea Forums?
Not anymore.
Nobody wants a epic mixup between ATLA inspired characters with Final Fantasy elemental chart & world with a serious argument with every main character arc displayed & a tragic death in one of them to make a point in the protagonist's complex arc.
A sequel is literally created using the first story as a base, using TLOK inspired characters and a 80's setting (with Yakuza detailed combat display), being my magnus opus.
>What did you achieve when you were 15?
A specific mental fanfic to dream well in the night

I envy anyone who somehow had a creative outlet during their high school years.

I feel this way too hard

Sorry man.
I'm not a native english speaker.
And i don't wanna use a translate every time to get the same point i wrote in those specific "ARE YOU A Yea Forums CREATOR" threads.
I'm not boasting anyway the novel

I don't have a dream.

When is she going to make a good one?

Came here to say this too. But ngl I did like her very weird Adolescence of Utena copypasta.

Attached: totally-legit-screenshot-from-the-steven-universe-movie.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

yes.
i wrote a comic script that i turned into a pilot script and never did anything with.

I won an award and a scholarship for art in my community. Okay, I was actually 17.

Why would you have to envy that. It's not hard. Buy a book of lined paper and write something

That's the right attitude, user. Keep going forward, and compare yourself to no one but who you were yesterday.

Absolutely fucking nothing.
Seventeen years later and i've still done absolutely fucking nothing, i'm on a streak.

Boomer

Masturbating 4 times in a row

I had an Outlaw Star fanfic that was fairly popular. To this day my greatest artistic achievement

I don't really have a dream and that scares me.

I want to pick up singing but I feel like i'm too old

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>too old
Makes no sense, unless your dream is to be a famous singer who makes money from it.
If your dream is to just sing then there's no age limit on that.
There's no age limit on any dreams, only on the profit window.

up too three in a day
is that once a day or back to back? if it is back to back how far apart are the masturbations?

Hey, that idea sounds cool, user. Do you have a draft written somewhere?

>draft
Man, i can't draw shit (because i prefer improve my storytelling techniques).
>written
Yes (in a some manner)
Actually it's a novel, i have a finished version but now I currently do a huge remake.
All text is in Neutral Spanish (not regional specific words or full Spanish like "vosotro", "esteis" or shit like that.
If that works, I would accept any form of animated adaptation if they let me be the lead writer or it will be a epic failure
Currently I would like to pay a small commission to make the cover.
But the problem is that I ask at least something like Alex Ross or Yoji Shinkawa, so it's almost impossible... apart from not having any credit card.
That's why I accepted that there's no way.

Attached: LiterallyEmptySouls.png (2788x1788, 285K)

Are. Are you me? I just graduated Uni and am still on that lawyer route but had to take a political campaign job to pay the bills. I don't know where to go from here to get actual writing gigs. Hell, I'd take sweaty NEET bucks at this point just for the work. Did you keep the short stories? I've got journals full of my kid stuff.

Attached: 2122093bd130a305c9f3d1524ede067f.jpg (282x264, 15K)

I'm on Yea Forums.
What do you think.

losing my virginity before turning 15

now she made another bad little movie

i have been for several years, had a big webcomic project planned for a very long time but i rehauled the entire thing a few years back so i've been refining the drafts and scripts since then, and now i'm onto the stage of drawing things out so it should be ready in november/december. i love working on it so fucking much

i dived out of the political route once i added on my english major sophomore year into uni. law school wasn't something i was really interested in and more or less something i was told to do by my parents/HS teachers. it sounds REALLY cheesy, but my spark came back when i started taking writing classes, and i found my way again. looking to graduate this spring.
> I don't know where to go from here to get actual writing gigs.
ever tried flashfiction? a lot of periodicals, online newspapers, and blogs offer cash for flash fiction submissions. it's not consistent, but i've found some success. the word count used depends on the site though.
also yeah, i kept a lot of my old journals and notebooks. it's kind of bittersweet, yet heartwarming, looking through all of weird knockoff runecsape/dofus stories

thats three under her belt. what have you done?

cool ideas. sadly i discovered that nothing is cool in the real world

I'm slowly going blind due to macular degeneration, so I can never achieve my dream of learning to draw. I have accepted my fate.

I have some notes written down, but it's mainly one of those things where I have filing cabinets worth of stuff in my head. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it.

this is p cool
kevinandthebikes.bandcamp.com/album/dorkcore-101

Welcome to the club.

aight mac maron

Shit. I'll look into it. Maybe there's some stories in me yet. Good luck with your dreams user. And everyone else too.

Attached: 1a5ccc145423365ca7970c560fe22d04.jpg (640x626, 100K)

Of course, I am completely sure that someone will like the mix between Auron in the physical part, with an arc similar to Nanaki's and moreover something humorous like Sokka.

This

Attached: binoculars guy.png (1028x1282, 1.15M)

I got my bachelor's degree in business administration in actuarial science. Even got a minor in mathematics. I always wanted to get a degree in 3D animation or something similar but I never had the talent, confidence, and drive to pursue that dream. I figured I had a real chance getting a good job and earn good money with my current degree and educational background. But I'm still having trouble finding a job because of my zero experience in the real work world. At this point I'm too scared to land job that relates to my degree. I keep thinking that I won't like it and feel like I wasted four years getting a degree for a career I'll end up hating. Some days I just think what if I actually went for that animation degree. But on a good side note, with financial aid and scholarships I was able to get my degree with no student loans or debt.

I always thought it would be nice to be a writer. In my free time I used to write a lot of stories based on my the tabletop games of Delta Green that I played with my friends. Still write some every now and then when I'm waiting for clients to show up. It's like the All Guardsmen Party, except instead of guardsmen it's government spooks.

aww that sucks user, go be a musician or some shit

I'm working slowly on my dream. Trying to save up money to buy New York property so I have good equity to fall back on in case future funding to make a pilot in a few years fails.

That's when I started drawing, so not much.

I always wanted to make sick DnB songs like pendulum, but It will be difficult not being able to see the screen.

I unironically broke down the other day because I realized I'll probably never achieve my animation dreams.

I wish I was, but I'm sure I've actively regressed. I can't draw, I can't 3D model, and I can't get a clear enough idea of my characters in my head to write.
I'd settle for a Deviantart tier mess if only I would actually get things done.

>Are you working hard on your dream

Yes. If everything goes according to schedule then I will have a Patreon open very soon.

My biggest creative achievement by the time I was fifteen was bringing an etch-a-sketch to school and playing with it at lunch time. I made a crappy picture of Mario on it but apparently it impressed a ton of people because a crowd actually formed around me and watched me do it and then clapped when it was done. That has nothing to do with the Patreon though, doing stuff with etch-a-sketch was never my dream.

My dream back then was to work in animation (as I'm sure is a familiar sentiment on this board), but then I got older and I found out that the animation industry isn't actually a meritocracy, it's run like an exclusive club that you have to be invited into by someone already on the inside. So I told that dream to go fuck itself and now my dream is to be an independent creator, that way I never have to kiss the ass of some thin-skinned coworker or any higher-ups with charts. The only asses I have to kiss are those of the consumers

No I gave up on it long ago, sometimes I’d like to get into comedy but I’m married and have a kid on the way, so instead I’ll watch him grow and teach him my mistakes. Number 1 don’t put your dream on hold for others, follow it if they don’t follow you than don’t look back and keep moving

Are you the same user who posted his novel draft here before? I've seen your posts around but I haven't gotten around to reading it. Just keep plugging away at it, though!

Of course, but i wanna tell more things about the novel:
>The first part in the first story is based entirely on preventing a complete invasion of a enemy country. The arc of an expert character in the use of the katana and the spear along with Ice element is fully developed. the other arches only began to put an end to the second part, along with what was said about the specific death (there are 3 more people: a renegade monk, a young elementary leader and a princess without international recognition of a specific element). The rival of the protagonist is presented under a concept much more related to self-centeredness than the persecution or hunting of one of the group.
>The second part (still WIP actually) focuses on the aforementioned, adding even 2 characters mentioned above to the main roster (a blind girl with a lineage alongside the protagonist with a tragic past that ends up being double at the end of the part and a young descendant of something specific which has a horrible past and that creates an incredible distrust in almost everything he does, even damaging the group's plan in some situations)
Here the idea is to complete the arc of the character that will die and make a starting point for a complete change that a specific character will suffer (literally the sister of the rival mentioned above, which will appear in the middle of the part).
>The third part is the substantial development of such a character, finishing all the necessary arcs, including the main and the protagonist, which will give the sequel an initial footing... spending 70 years, considering the return of the entire group at that time.
I'd like to know if you know who I'm talking about as inspiration in the characters I described in a simple way.

>Age 15
I literally ended any kind of bullying on my school by sheer force of will and violence.
I got expelled, but rules got tougher on that place.

thanks user, you too!

Attached: mfw ants.png (250x250, 45K)

i used to draw dipper request on /gfg/
now i'm studying and hopefully in a year i'll be graduating from animation and vfx

That's all you really need to achieve in life

I was drawing shitty art of my sonic OCs. that's basically it.

I'm 20 now and have moved past that, but now I struggle to even finish anything. I just do a bunch of sketches and shit. I think the only drawing I've completed this month was fan art of spinel
add on to that the fact that I'm still extremely mediocre for my age

Attached: 1564715157844.jpg (907x881, 106K)

>Are you working hard in your dream
I still write. Not consistently but whenever I actually sit down I can regurgitate words. I'm also contemplating just writing gay smut for cash on Amazon but my writing is not that good.

When I was fifteen I was suicidal and sleep deprived.

Beating my meat like 20 times a day for nearly the entire year.

Yeah, I'm on my second comic project and getting good remarks from it. Current webcomic going well, still got my decent paying job with medical and dental coverage. I still feel like I should go back to college but at this point I'm considering just going to trade school instead. I was studying human services before I semi-dropped out to just work full time at another job. Don't have my associates yet either, I was close but like I said started working a job full time.

I got some random short story I wrote into the my school's creative magazine or some shit. I'm honestly glad I lost my notes of story ideas when I was younger, most of that shit was terrible.

Attached: Ehhh.jpg (500x375, 21K)

Oh shit, are you anons past me?

Also had the dilemma of "wanting to be a creative but also considering law school for the money/stability." I actually went to law school; it sucked that I didn't get to just work on my writing full-time, but I still had three years to plug away at screenplays and read/study. I start working as an M&A attorney next week and I'm just hoping it doesn't suck all the creative energy out of me. If I ever get a screenplay or pilot sold, I am booking it out.

Ill let you know how it turns out, ghost of Christmas future style.

Attached: Mendelson_1.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Maybe you should work on really developing your characters. Work on making them feel human, so people have grounded, understandable perspectives on your fantastic world. You know, like ATLA.

I once edged for three hours. Hurt when I came.

I achieved dropping out of fucking middle school without ever getting caught and subsequently pissing away my future by doing absolutely nothing for a decade and I'm probably going to deservedly end up under a bridge.

My main problem is that I can't stop thinking in fucking tropes. And it seems some people in this thread have the same problem.

na,im not sure i want to become a comic writer or a regular witer anymore,not with the way things are now,i dreamed of becoming one back in the 90 and the early 2000,thing were diferent back them,the culture,the people,there was barely any internet,i dont think i want to create something now
i almost die of alcohol posoning,teen alcoholism is a real serious problem that one really cared about back when i was younger,now im a rehab alcoholic and im only 30

Here, I'll break down the process
>Come up with idea that interesting
>Toy with it some, mix it with other ideas until I get something really interesting
>Start researching and fleshing it out
>Work on it with enthusiasm
>Then it happens
>Creeping thoughts about how derivative and unoriginal it is
>If it's something fandom related, about how autistic it is to be working on fanfiction
>Besides, even if IS an original and interesting idea, you don't have the talent or skills to execute it anyway
>Time goes by, life gets in the way
>Project abandoned
>Get new idea
>Repeat until dead

Attached: 1561958475179.jpg (1010x1006, 107K)

so what?some troupes are fun,you do what you want to do

I prefer to work on something, finish it, realize it will never gain traction, then dwell on what a failure I am.

I'm not saying tropes are bad. The problem is when you use them like building blocks for a story without developing your characters, setting, etc. So far I've heard people talk more about tropes than describe any character or story in a compelling way.

My problem is that I can't develop my characters beyond what I want them to do in my story, what tropes I want them to subvert, play straight, etc. My stories end up feeling boring because of it.

An example of a work made entirely of (anime) tropes would be Soul Eater. Everyone's a parody, an homage, a reference.

I hate the phase of elation you get when first developing that idea. Sometimes you think it might actually go somewhere. Then you cool off your idea looks like morning after a drunken one night stand.

Oblivious drawing myself fucking a fictional character

Attached: n1r6l.gif (326x252, 72K)

PAR TY DOWN

>About draw
This.

Attached: 1546577139475.png (4961x7016, 3.02M)

I cant even remember what I was doing when I was 15.

something must be wrong with me. i always want to draw and I really want to make cool stuff but I can't draw or animate or do anything. I just procrastinate all day every day. i'm so fucking stupid