What do you think western cartoons need to do to become as good as anime...

What do you think western cartoons need to do to become as good as anime? Cut with the episodic nature bullshit and stop drawing the characters like deformed dwarfs is the obvious stuff, but what else?

Attached: 20857da71675f4e3bc808f31ad747f63.jpg (967x544, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
youtube.com/watch?v=3EiEX4tmCfY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA
youtube.com/watch?v=BdKnojhNBeI
youtube.com/watch?v=wRs4Y3Kzdt0
imgur.com/gallery/ALwRnO3
youtube.com/watch?v=mKp1hOmF0G8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fang tooth, fat ass, cute hair. Also better writing

Newsflash, the vast majority anime that comes out is trash too. Style over substance, terrible in different ways. You only tolerate it because you have a slightly different set of biases. Actually good anime that's worth watching is about as uncommon as actual good western cartoons worth watching.

Obviously the West needs to catch up to the glorious quality of anime.

Attached: 1558727874307.webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

Pay people less to work harder. Works wonders for the anime industry.

America doesn't take animation seriously and cannot see past the cartoon paradigm. Europe (meaning mostly France) goes too much in the opposite direction (some arthouse crap about muslims that nobody watches) and doesn't have much production capacity. There's almost no chance that these things will change.

This is a myth.

Nobody ever claimed that anime never has production issues, so I don't know what you are supposed to be arguing against.

You talk about bias, but the only way to know that the majority of anime is bad, is if you watched it all yourself. Have you watched the hundreds of anime that come out each year, user? Have you?

The animation is already outsourced to lower cost countries.

>What do you think western cartoons need to do to become as good as anime

Nothing because anime is worse

>Nobody ever claimed that anime never has production issues, so I don't know what you are supposed to be arguing against.
Issues? I'm merely talking about how great anime is! So great that this thread on Yea Forums is purely justified! To show the West how it's truly done!

Attached: 1557185563043.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

It isn't. You're just an ultra-nationalist or westaboo.

>japan vs USA thread

yawn

have sex

Look at this smooth animation! How can anyone compete???

Attached: 1560149483737.webm (1920x1080, 847K)

Again, nobody said anime doesn't have production issues. Where are you going with this? Do you think you're "owning the weebs" by pointing out things they already know and have never denied?

As long as animation studios exist in high rent cities, western "animators" will always be overpaid. And by animators I mean storyboard artists and other forms of production. The actual animation tends to be outsourced to Asia.

Yes. Use a shitty example

Start outsourcing to Japan again.

Attached: japanese_animation.png (1302x1314, 2.43M)

>strawman

and youre a blinded weeb

Yuck. Why would I want identical faced harem garbage with poor storytelling in my western animation? I'd take good plot over loli fanservice crap any day.

It will never happen. Theres literally no reason to make some high art media like Eva or Lain (or to a lesser extent the monogatari franchise) in the western cartoon industry because nobody's gonna fund it and nobody's gonna watch it. Accept it and move on.

Attached: IMG_20190904_095409.jpg (92x120, 3K)

at least the characters are humans and not noodle arm flash animation shit

>some arthouse crap about muslims that nobody watches
That arthouse crap about muslims is far superior to the vast majority of stuff coming out of Japan in the last few years. You're a smooth brain if you can't relate to a story because it takes place in Afghanistan instead of Glorious Nippon, both of which are cultures far removed from our own.

Attached: breadwinner.jpg (960x1440, 327K)

Pixar move over! Dreamworks? Lol pack it up boys! Kino is back and Japan is bringing it!

Attached: 1557215260494.webm (500x282, 336K)

See and It's very strange that production issues and low quality are seen as completely normal, inevitable things in every kind of media EXCEPT anime, where the expectation is that everything is always perfect.

I didn't make a strawman and there's nothing you could possibly argue that would prove that I'm a weeb.

You clearly have no idea what anime is.

Look at how the character models have actual shading. Now compare that to NuShe-Ra or Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

They already did high art media back in the 90s, they were called Tiny Toons and Animaniacs.

Look
At
All
Of
This
Quality

Attached: 1557200891511.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

>I'd take good plot over loli fanservice crap any day.
Lmao. Name a cartoon with a good plot.

I watch an above average amount of anime, mostly out of habit and tradition. I'm also friends with many avid anime fans, been to my share of cons, etc.

Above average shows are few and far between, and the "average" for anime isn't that high of a bar.

Mary and the Witch's Flower, The Boy and the Beast, Modest Heroes and Mirai say hi as those films put The Breadwinner to shame.

So you HAVEN'T watch it all. Got it.

It's sad too. Yea Forums has threads loaded with these examples of top tier quality animation and yet they call it "bad" and say that "anime is dying." I don't get it bros, this is the best anime has been in decades!

Attached: 1557213093222.webm (960x522, 232K)

Tell me some good examples of anime then. Enlighten us.

Spiderverse was better than any Evangelion or Miyazaki anime.

It's simple, anons. Streaming services are the future of Yea Forums. Pic related is in need of a reboot/sequel that can recapture the darker and edgier plot of the original. Only streaming services like Netflix can deliver that. The only downside is that they'll inject the series with feminist/SJW themes for the hell of it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2014-12-17-13h55m12s167.png (512x384, 246K)

Fixed.

Attached: 56783749.webm (352x262, 805K)

The most American scene in anime. Right here.

Attached: 1557200702645.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

Animation animation animation. People are gonna say "better writing", but what they actually mean is "more serious writing" - Cartoon writing is genuinely superior, but because it's all comedies or kids shows, a lotta people think it sux.

Which, I mean, makes sense. You're comparing dedicated writing teams to singular Light Novels, and concluding the LNs are better? What a joke!

It's so sad that even dogshit animation like this would be considered top tier by most people if it were done in western cartoons, the bar for animation here is so low.

youtube.com/watch?v=3EiEX4tmCfY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA
youtube.com/watch?v=BdKnojhNBeI

There's been a really weirdly high number of movies coming out of Europe that are about muslims or africans or something. And yeah, nobody really watches them. But they are instantly seen as something sophisticated and important just because of the topic.

>You're a smooth brain if you can't relate to a story because it takes place in Afghanistan instead of Glorious Nippon
Do you have any idea how many anime take place outside of Japan?

Why do you do this? Seriously, why?

>Above average shows are few and far between
They come out literally every three months.

This is a trap.

Anime is so advanced, they can draw cars so realistically!

Attached: that's a nice car you got there police-san.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

I haven't seen Modest Heroes or Mirai, but The Breadwinner is a far better film that Mary and the Witch's Flower (which is imitation Ghibli with an undercooked story) and the Boy and the Beast.

I couldn't be further removed from the subject removed from the subject matter, but the emotional arc of Breadwinner hits super harder than any animated film I've seen in years and the ending left me floored.

>people responding to this b/a/it legitimately

Stop feeding the trolls, retards. You're the cancer killing Yea Forums

Fixed.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Even children's anime is far more sophisticated than children's animation in America, and most anime is written for late teens to adults in just about every and about every topic you could think of, and the writing doesn't come from just LN authors but manga authors, game developers, novelists and writers in general. Having a writing team doesn't automatically make for better writing.

>services like Netflix can deliver that. The only downside is that they'll inject the series with feminist/SJW themes for the hell of it.
Lol how is that a downside? XD

>Why do you do this? Seriously, why?
Because I'm helping a fellow Yea Forumsnime connoisseur on this disgusting Yea Forums board. You obviously made this relevant thread to highlight the glorious quality of anime and I'm here to help! It's not like this is a bait thread that gets commonly posted on here and shouldn't exist in the first place.

Attached: 1557214902151.gif (600x336, 3.95M)

Again, why do you do this? I already told you clearly: nobody has said that anime has no production issues. You are not telling people anything they don't already know. You are not "owning the weebs." Why do you behave like this? What do you think this is going to accomplish?

No, it's not and Ponoc is Ghibli without Miyazaki & Suzuki.
Heres a much better movie then The Breadwinner.
youtube.com/watch?v=wRs4Y3Kzdt0

Except the best anime is a lot better than the best cartoon.

>about every topic you could think of,

different topics but the same and tired execution

cope

Red Hot Riding Hood and The Great Piggy Bank Robbery will like to have a word with you.

>Ponoc is Ghibli without Miyazaki & Suzuki.
So like I said, imitation Ghibli.

Do you seriously think everyone doesn't already know that the Berserk reboot wasn't a complete disaster? Do you think you're delivering some devastating blow against anime by yet again posting something from it?

>You obviously made this relevant thread
I did not make this thread. I in fact never make threads. So why is it that I am constantly accused of making threads, on all boards? Every day someone is telling me about this or that thread that I made, even though I didn't. Why do you act like this?

This is a myth.

There was no cope. See

dilate

No, legit, imitation would be Chizu.

And now I'm suddenly a tranny? Do you have even the tiniest shred of evidence to support that claim?

1. STOP USING CAL ARTS STYLE

Which is why I said "for the hell of it". I don't mind those things being themes. But, Voltron left a bitter taste, since it seemed forced most of the time. The characters came across as hollow and it got worse by the last season, so the LGBT elements didn't really make much of a difference.

It also came out 30 years ago. I didn't say Breadwinner was the best animated film, I said it was the best animated film I've seen in the past few years.

Thank you for replying twice and cleverly saying that you are not OP. Because we all know that OP would not defend their thread that is obviously better suited for Yea Forums than having on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1557200249541.gif (480x270, 3.99M)

Cary on then.

If anything, OPs on Yea Forums abandon their threads as soon as they've made them. So on what basis are people CONSTANTLY accusing me of being the OP? Where the hell is this coming from?

Attached: 1557203857692.webm (734x514, 394K)

Fuck off, TMS Fag/Famicom.

>look, I posted it again!
Why do you do this? How many times must you be told that this is completely pointless?

Fixed.
imgur.com/gallery/ALwRnO3

Well that's fine. I wouldn't think that OP would come across as angry over quality anime being posted in their thread to better prove their point.

Attached: 1557193485594.webm (640x480, 3M)

Fire the cal arts scumbags
Clean house like Netflix did with their gatekeeping wormtongues who hired their friends, the equally brainwashed retards from their schools and circles, and whoever thinks the cal arts style is AWESOME.

Hire literal fucking talent and start fire the creeper idiots,

Hire people who are not part of the creepy ass incestuous cartoon "industry" and start shitcanning wormtounges.

Hire cartoon geeks who will comb the net and show you what is going on with their product.

Hire people who have been able to make a product that sells to the demo and get merch sold, Not "people" who have shakey backgrounds know people and have no actual talent or experience.

Also don't read the bullshit articles online who calls other people sexists racists trolls homophobes and bigots.That is put out by YOUR PEOPLE to handwaive how poor the product that the people who you hired is putting out.
The people of different races that are there are there as protection from hatred and because you want to sell to different demos and keep society stable. The people of different sexualities are there to hard push homosexuality onto children and naive young teens because they are deeply fucked up.

They do not care and are just creepy losers that people disliked for a reason.

I am angry at your maddeningly irrational behavior. I have told you several times now that the anime community is perfectly aware that anime has production issues and has never denied their existence, and therefore these posts are pointless. But you won't listen.

The only way for western cartoons to be great again is to fully embrace 3D animation.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 3d.jpg (1600x865, 176K)

It's just frame after frame of bad decisions. Who directed this comedy?

Hence

You sound very authoritative and serious. I completely understand that you mean business. Here, have a bear webm.

Attached: bear 1.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

What are you babbling about now? And do you think I don't know that the CG bear in Golden Kamuy was bad, when I watched the show? Everyone saw that it was bad. What do you think you are proving here?

Gentlemen, how do we stop Bear-sama?

Attached: bear 2.webm (1280x720, 1.64M)

As we are arguing, 50 obese trans women are toiling away in some dark dungeon to create High Guardian Spice

See

None of those are better than Breadwinner, at least on a story level. Breadwinner was based on a novel though, so that might not be a fair comparison.

While they might be prettier, that's in part by design. Breadwinner is intentionally toned downed stylistically compared to Cartoon Saloon's other films, and it fit's the movies grounded story well. It looks very pretty when it wants to though, Parvana's story sequences are a highlight.

Attached: breadwinner_riahi_07.jpg (1440x1440, 275K)

Don't mind me, just posting a classic. This was intentional right?

Attached: 1557202715723.gif (480x270, 2.32M)

I'm happy the bear from Revenant found work outside the movie. Most animal actors fall off after their first big part.

Hey I heard this was a great show.

Attached: 1557186947650.webm (1280x720, 437K)

What do you think you are accompishing with these posts? Everyone knows anime has production issues. Nobody has denied their existence. Sakuga Blog and anime communities frequently talk about problems in the industry. These aren't secrets. You aren't revealing some damning hidden truth with these posts. Why do you behave like this?

That scene is still better than anything Cartoon Network puts out nowadays.

He made the transition to 2D anime so seamlessly.

How pathetic and delusional do you have to be to go out of your way to collect these clips for the purpose of striking back at anime, when everyone already knows about them and freely admits that they exist?

neuter weebs

The Japanese animated parts to the SU Movie say hi.

Anyone with a discerning eye realized it was dogshit from the first episode. Your problem isn't that anime is bad, your problem is that you listen to people who like bad anime

How exactly did you conclude from the first episode that it was dogshit?

>weebfaggot getting absolutely blown the fuck out

Attached: 1547947441816.jpg (497x470, 26K)

There are no weebs in this thread.

yeah those have in-betweens, that's crazy

The art and animation were inconsistent, mediocre at best and shitty at worst, and the writing/plot weren't intriguing enough to make the show worthwhile

It's not just the art.
It's the content and writing.
Also, let's be honest. Toei has the ability to crap out a decent looking show using computers in not even a week.
That's a thing.

Also old school art like what was done in 90's is sorely missed and a single show in the vein of the toonami stuff from back in the day along with a really compelling actiony story would do unbelievably well with adults.

So you didn't even watch it. Nevermind then.

Add a story line that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. The majority, if not all, of so called adult animation nowadays just rely on shock and sex humor or being deliberately edgy to show how mature it is. I am awaiting the day a cartoon with an emphasized story will air in the west with its own unique style with no cringy animesque. Something along the lines of Cowboy Bebop or Haruhi.

Holy shit I'm dying

Toei in fact does not have such an ability, and everyone uses computers now.

Burn down all the other weebshit studios

also has the content, music and writing you want.

Japan is absolutely swarmed with work as it is, and likely has no interest in being anyone's outsourcing mill.

Nigga.
Let me tell you something.
Those people are living in shoe boxes don't even make enough money to buy fucking ramen every week and are able to put out stuff that is objectively superior to every single piece of multimillion dollar american cartoons on the air right now.

That is just some crappy ass no name anime for fucks sake.

If you gave japanese creatives who're known for putting out good product on time in with a budget the amount of money we give to these fuck up call arts retards then dear god we'll see a new renaissance.
Can you imagine if those people were given a fucking living wage?

If they hired the men who did One Punch man Season 1 to do an american action cartoon to shill toys?

Shit give Genndy his own studio and tell him "Go on, make toy commercials" and we'll see some good shit.
Fire Smith and hire Gendy.

we also know of the problems of the western industry but we dont act like we are better when our shows look like the this on this thread

Explain this then, it was their idea.

Attached: animaniacs-artwork.jpg (446x299, 87K)

>Monogatari, Eva, Lain.
>Monogatari being as hallow as it's backgrounds and dialogue to the point that it's memed more than praised.
>Eva losing all sense of it's original meaning and becoming a shadow that Anno can't escape from.
>Lain, while ahead of it's time story wise, is no better than the "arthouse" films the west has made.
Well, at least I know it's casual anime fans who usually start these threads.

Attached: 99090003903.jpg (483x329, 25K)

the hero anime needs

Attached: 1563414074371.png (1200x1200, 803K)

That's because the people who make cartoons in america aren't adults.
They think saying sexual things, being shocking, and violence means adult.

>Cut with the episodic nature bullshit

Fuck you. The best western cartoons are episodic. Western animation has gotten worse since it started emulating anime.
Let’s just have both. Anime can be better at action and storytelling that isn’t trash like how Adventure Time ended up, and western animation can be better at character and humor that isn’t “this character likes food/ has boobs” for the hundredth time.

Good as anime? Googly retarded bitches with the personality of a diarrheal TV tropes search page satisfying youre pedophiliac waifu tendencies is cringy garbage to anyone who isn't a guy. It doesn't automatically become good because it's tailored for your dmographic. This cringy shit took all forms of media, comics, video games, whatever, if it infested cartoons I'll set something on fire because I don't want male hetero sexuality shoved in *my* face.

Utilise 3D animation - Anime pretty much has shown fight scenes in 2D animation is retarded. By extension, use fight scenes. Show some violence, kids play video games anyway. Adapt stories and books instead of creating your own SJW fantasies on screen. Don't use toilet humour - change the atmosphere and the music and the scene to serenity or tension or violence or something.

Yes.
But the Americans have relatively high paying and appreciated work.

>while ahead of it's time story wise,
If you think that then you're a child. And a bit stupid.

>Western animation has gotten worse since it started emulating anime
when did cartoons started shoving tits and moronic waifus at the kids?

if you're honestly talking about artstyle then gosh, you're a moron.

>have grendy do shit toy comercial like we are back in the 80s

instead of doing this youtube.com/watch?v=mKp1hOmF0G8
Neck youself weeb

Attached: disgust .png (677x660, 592K)

Anime is the best animation in the world regardless of its problems (and every industry has problems).

People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.

>and western animation can be better at character and humor that isn’t “this character likes food/ has boobs” for the hundredth time.
You are obviously not very familiar with anime.

Everyone wants to have an opinion about anime but nobody wants to know anything about it.

And this is definitely showing a lack of familiarity with anime.

Lain was written somewhere between 96-98, and you think that everything it talked about was just common knowledge and currently relevant back then?

Anime is already shit

pretty much an admission that he can't write dialogue to save his life and needs an editor up his ass 24/7.

No it isn't, and if you say it is then you are necessarily arguing that everything is shit, and therefore invalidating your own claim.

Why? Are you really going to tell me that Lain's plot isn't more relevant today than it was in the late 90's?

nope, anime is shit.

Attached: 1540131930260.png (427x502, 237K)

Ok, then everything is shit. And since everything is shit, it means that your statement becomes meaningless.

No, this.

>yet another glorious nippon faggot thread that will be done nothing about

Girls for the last 3 generations have turned away from american cartoons completely with the only hold outs being spongebob, mlp, and disney up until they went full creeper middleaged bitch who remembers her dyke days in college on them.

Also, even the shittiest chick in the weakest anime is more well liked and marketable and have more depth then the girls in modern cartoons.
I'm dead fucking serious.

Also "ACTION IS BAD IN 2D USE 3D MORE!!"
You're a troll.
Jesus you're a fucking troll.,

>People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks
So you are admitting that you are not only a casual viewer in western animation but also in anime. Otherwise you wouldn't really use those anime as arguments.

Post a cartoon animal and mods will remove it in a minute

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Popeye will like to have a word with you, girls love those 3.

Attached: donald.gif (480x238, 1.2M)

I didn't use those anime as arguments nor make any "admissions," I'm saying that you have no business throwing rocks when you can barely find Western shows that even have a continuous storyline, let alone something on the level of Lain.

nah that's bullshit even the pony porn spamming faggot tried that and many have multiple times. Yea Forumsutists are literally immune to rules.

Attached: .png (756x369, 376K)

>western cartoonsfags cope thread
Oh no no no

Attached: gundam.gif (426x320, 3.55M)

Shut up you stupid cunt.
That's nice and we all know that he's a master of action and the visual medium
However he's wasting it on arthouse nonsense and short snippets of brilliant yet overlooked set pieces in hollywood pictures.
Give him a toystory and good GOOD writers and an editor who'll put his/her foot down when he goes overboard at times. Like in symbiotiic titan.

>and stop drawing the characters like deformed dwarfs
Mob from Mob Psycho literally looks like someone painted a face on a pink waterballoon and its one of the best shows to be released in years. Its also jaggy on the edges and heavily uses the deformed face gag. It also doesn't kill anyone, including its big bad.

Really we just need writers who aren't pants on head bad at their job and animators who actually can draw forwards motion and stay on model and we're golden. To use a western example, if the story of Dark Crystal:AOR had been adapted fully animated, changing nothing, it still would be a good story and miles beyond anything else airing. And that's made for kids.

The girl on the left with the completely different outfit lmfaoo