The Owl House

deadline.com/2019/09/the-owl-house-voice-cast-wendie-malick-alex-hirsch-sarah-nicole-robles-1202712677/

>Wendie Malick, Gravity Falls‘ Alex Hirsch and Boss Baby‘s Sarah-Nicole Robles have been set to lead the voice cast of The Owl House, Disney Channel’s upcoming animated fantasy comedy series. They will be joined for the first season, set to premiere in early 2020, by guests including Matthew Rhys, Isabella Rossellini and Mae Whitman.

>The Owl House follows Luz (voiced by Robles), a self-assured teenage girl who stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends rebellious witch Eda (Malick) and tiny warrior King (Hirsch). Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting.

Also, we're getting a NYCC panel on October 4th. Neat.

Theme Song: youtube.com/watch?v=BqE6KiijtH0

Sneak Peek Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=nPdz1F7U4eE

Attached: GOD, I WANNA FUCK MOMMY EDA SOOOO BAD.jpg (1991x2812, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Y0X0lgk_NA
animationmagazine.net/tv/disneys-owl-house-sets-voice-stars-wendie-malick-alex-hirsch-sarah-nicole-robles/
youtube.com/watch?v=OhYWNPzBuiM
chrishoughton.tumblr.com/post/187375788092/at-times-i-think-nancy-was-inspired-of-wendy
twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/1149781252536320000
youtube.com/watch?v=zXv4r8wsu0M
bitchute.com/video/NJF06yjvdErM/
bitchute.com/video/pSVDZWS65ZKy/
chrishoughton.tumblr.com/post/187375730017/big-city-greens-may-currently-be-one-of-the-most
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: ravioliravioli.jpg (500x375, 44K)

Cal arts art style
Allusions to gay somewhere
Probably another piece of shit greenlit by the incestuous cartoon industry pushing the narrative they were brainwashed into believing by american western schools.

I'll wait till I see the first 3 eps

Glad to know it's not dead yet

>Wendie Malick

So long boner.

Attached: horse.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Why are they so fuckable?

Attached: The Owl House Bikinis.png (529x900, 342K)

Attached: 1558970150689.png (2100x2800, 1.16M)

deliberately calculated fuckability on the part of Dana

Attached: 09D23245-F890-41CA-883B-E677312134EE.jpg (1749x2048, 374K)

How is Nintendo allowing them to steal a Pokemon?

>Alex Hirsch

Belongs in the trash.

>Gravity Falls was trash
>Fish Hooks was trash
>The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was trash

Attached: 2020A1AA-EB23-4898-BBE2-10349ACCEB58.gif (400x376, 2.67M)

>tfw Pokémon's been referenced in cartoon media for decades and you're crying about it just now

Attached: emmy cringe.jpg (452x388, 57K)

I dont want to hear him make animal noises like the gnomes going nyayeehraaa in GF

I think he's complaining about the fact that King is a major character in the show and is just a straight rip-off of Cubone. I personally don't give a shit.

you have no room to talk for pushing that fotm shit

cry more, Hirschbone will be still a thing

Attached: spineldoubt.png (185x185, 53K)

im not even that user, i find the cubone thing less annoying than the kind of posters that are like you

sure thing, man

Attached: pickle zim.png (532x664, 145K)

>go from being the top dog on Disney tv and having your own show to voice acting a pokemon ripoff side character on your girlfriend's shitty harry potter knockoff

Its as they say... first it is a tragedy, then it repeats itself as a comedy....

Attached: Douche.jpg (480x480, 22K)

GF on principal sounded better than "a self-assured teenage girl who stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends rebellious witch Eda" but maybe its because I seriously have not been able to enjoy a female centric series in ages, I have tried

Does anyone have that pic of Eda showing Luz shirts with one saying Sperm Dumpster? It was fro mthat thread a while back

he still producing a show under netflix or not?

Netflix is where careers go to die.

whatever you say hate boner-kun
ere you go lad.

Attached: 1566210427203.png (1683x1521, 540K)

>I hate female MCs
wow ur cool

Getting close, but that was good.

i believe this is it.

Attached: 1566159598031.png (1200x1700, 749K)

Fuck off, you dont even care about anything other than forcing that muh sexist poster shit, especially if you use that "im so cool" retort.

I think the issue is that most cartoons these days have a female lead. It's a very safe option.

He has an overall deal with them, so basically he gets a fat salary every year to do whatever he wants. He’s producing a couple shows and apparently developing his own adult project but whether it’s in production or not yet isn’t known

Attached: EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif (640x357, 3.35M)

How is having a female lead a safe option? If anything, it’s actually a risk for the executives who still fear that their “major target audience” will find female-led cartoons too girly.

Getting more stuff like pic related challenges that outdated view that girls don’t enjoy cartoons as much as boys do. It’s only natural that said cartoons should start reflecting that, little by little.

Attached: 225CB429-632F-4E42-BF67-0E06916AD1FC.png (1842x2446, 3.14M)

There was an article published like this year talking about how a lot of networks still want male leads in cartoons. For every show with a girl lead that does make it to television there's probably dozens that don't.

>Getting more stuff like pic related challenges that outdated view that girls don’t enjoy cartoons as much as boys do. It’s only natural that said cartoons should start reflecting that, little by little.
good lord dont phrase it as a feminist

Thank you for proving my point. was wrong to think that these shows had it easy. It probably took a great deal of persuasion to get them beyond early development.

Attached: 04935B8D-B97D-47CF-9878-52B76237CEF5.jpg (1998x2048, 466K)

Because The Mouse knows what the people like

It just shows that straight pedos are the target demo.

Attached: 988654341.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

With Sarah-Nicole Robles voicing Luz, does anyone have a clip so i can hear what her voice sounds like?

youtube.com/watch?v=2Y0X0lgk_NA

Attached: 3A8FD8B3-1E5E-4289-AA10-1E49EB26F6F2.png (1334x750, 1.67M)

Eh, she's alright

man that's so not the voice of a kid

Attached: 302DF4CC-33DF-4D8B-ABA9-FB51E68220D7.png (1280x717, 666K)

>Hirsch is a VA
What can't he do? No wonder Luke was so mad about this show.

I actually excepted Luz to sound like that but with a higher pitch.

ditto

Maybe she’ll go squeaky with it, if she’s a decent actress she’ll hopefully have more than one way to perform
Right now I’m really not feeling it that much, I thought Luz would sound younger, but I thought Star Butterfly and Audrey from HSK’s voices were weird at first but now they’re what feels right for the characters since I got used to them

Attached: EDqbvHAUYAAKyBf.jpg (883x1163, 77K)

Post the edits

I'm also hoping that Alex will give King a snarly voice. Kind of play up the fact that he's a monster alongside an indisposed kingm

The same can be said for Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy. I know several anons here originally complained about her sounding “too old” for a 13-year-old, but Song ended up being the perfect fit for a character who could act both mature and childish depending on the situation or characters involved.

Attached: 6AB06C04-90AD-407F-A2DD-D7483FE83EB5.jpg (1080x1080, 102K)

It's my honest opinion that Brenda, as Anna, makes the show.

You misspelled Hop Pop

>three official promo posters before we even get to hear the characters speak

Attached: This will be a visually stunning series.png (1776x1224, 3.74M)

based

Attached: Swoopin' past the censors like it's no big deal.jpg (2208x1242, 371K)

>Why Eda so fuckable?
FTFY

Attached: sexiness personified.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Now I want a reverse of this
>Luz gives Eda a birthday present where she turns the tables

Pleb.

Attached: Chicha.png (1421x804, 840K)

>t. racemixing pedo

>If anything, it’s actually a risk for the executives who still fear that their “major target audience” will find female-led cartoons too girly
Didn't stop She-ra, or Steven Universe, or this, or Infinity Train, or that frog show.

That doesn't prove me wrong, though. Hell the picture you used proves me right.

You aren't oppressed.

Isn't that the bitch from Zach and Cody?

I expect this show to be a complete trash only subhuman lorefags could like.

>It probably took a great deal of persuasion to get them beyond early development.

Yeah, like spreading rumors about 'problematic' behavior and threatening with a Twitter mob.

>Luz, a self-assured teenage girl
So original. So progressive.

And yurifags.

>You aren't oppressed.
Anymore.

Attached: 85096647-0107-4785-81A3-C9CBCB6DB18A.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

>Gravity Falls was trash
>Fish Hooks was trash
That sounds correct

Women weren't really oppressed, though. They didn't have the vote because neither did men who didn't sign up to die in a war. Comparatively, even back then, they got the rights with no responsibility.

>best finale of the 2010s
>""trash""
Try again, bub.

Attached: My ship is canon!.png (540x304, 159K)

>Wendie Malick Eda
ok cool I kinda like it, her voice can be a both sultry and catty
>Sarah-Nicole Robles as Luz
I don't know much of her work but if Brenda can do Anne I'm sure she's fully capable of Luz
>Alex Hirsh as King
mfw

Attached: 1439409747237.png (298x335, 111K)

among other things

Attached: The Social Network.gif (650x270, 3.14M)

Holy shit.

Literally the only interesting good about the show so far

Attached: 379B717C-75C2-4696-A542-9DF0F2B7D0DD.jpg (333x689, 51K)

For me, it's that black elf kid.

>tfw Dana and Shion will be forever trapped in Alex Hirsch's shadow
If Matt Braly knows what's good for him, he won't let Hirsch do a voice on Amphibia

Attached: I have no problem with Alex in particular, tho.jpg (750x872, 144K)

Here's your voice cast, bro

animationmagazine.net/tv/disneys-owl-house-sets-voice-stars-wendie-malick-alex-hirsch-sarah-nicole-robles/

Attached: alex-hirsch-sarah-nicole-robles-wendie-malick.jpg (1000x600, 231K)

I wanna fug the witch.

Attached: 1560840654908.png (1500x1288, 338K)

Attached: 1566637400061.png (1500x1500, 302K)

Attached: eda and luz.png (1500x1500, 311K)

Attached: eda dui.png (1500x1500, 498K)

Glad to see Hirsch finally got a job after Gravity Falls.

>VOICED BY ALEX FUCKING HIRSCH

Annnnnndd King is suddenly trash.

Thanks to your mother, lol. Women under the age of 40 got to bathe in the efforts of their parents, grandparents, and onward and still moan around and act like they're rejected at the door for a job interview because they're a woman and say cringey shit like, "But there's still so much work to do!".

>Her boyfriend voices a lead character and secures another paycheck

Someone wanna still try to convince me Dana and Alex aren't just fucking each other for job security at this point?

>Lucille
nice

Owl House was picked up on its first pitch. Casagrandes was spun off thanks to the success of Loud House, a show that already had a shit ton of girl characters. MLP was a huge hit, mostly girl characters. Adventure Time was a huge hit, mostly girl characters where two of them stole the spotlight. Korra got to exist after Avatar. Star Vs. creator pitched her webcomic and it got picked up. Amphibia was Matt's third pitch, he had two other ideas prior to that. She-ra got a reboot before He-man.

Plus Harvey Street Girls, Disenchantment, Carmen Sandiego.

Tuca and Bertie is the only one that got canned, and there's no evidence to suggest it's cause of "IT HAS WOMEN!". Considering Netflix pumps out literally anything, it's more likely it just got shit ratings.

What evidence do you have to suggest it's hard to get a show with a girl character up and running? Lauren Faust's testimony from 15 fucking years ago?

>Voiced by Alex Hirsch
>Created by his girlfriend
>Intro is an obvious Gravity Falls rip-off

No wonder Disney is pushing the shit out of it more than any other upcoming show right now.

>Tuca and Bertie is the only one that got canned, and there's no evidence to suggest it's cause of "IT HAS WOMEN!". Considering Netflix pumps out literally anything, it's more likely it just got shit ratings.
It's actually way more likely that it's because the animation staff at the studio unionized (which held up production on BoJack for a month) and therefore the cost of using them (both financially and logistically) went up, and it was easier to can the new show that was still finding its audience and footing rather than one of their flagship programs.

>"But there's still so much work to do!"
You immediately reminded me of this classic: youtube.com/watch?v=OhYWNPzBuiM

Attached: Meredith Stepien is a top-tier cutie.gif (268x327, 1.36M)

OK, Eda really is just a grey haired Ryoko at this point. Design looks very similar, personality seems to be somewhat similar, and now her voice is going to be a similar raspy, mature, sultry voice.
Im not going to say 'ripoff', but the similarities are clearly there.

I had no idea they used the same studio, I just thought they had the same artists developing it. That sucks more than just getting low ratings. At least with low ratings, you can say, "We tried and failed to hook an audience", but here, you're not even sure if you were going to hook an audience since you were cut short due to sudden financial reasons out of your control.

I guess that's why the creator said something like, "Tuca and Bertie will find a new home". I guess they must own the rights?

>you were cut short due to sudden financial reasons out of your control
If you were a dick with no regard for the well-being of the employees you could argue that in a way it's the BoJack staff's fault, they went on strike until they forced their hand for it to happen.
And yes, Netflix doesn't actually own either show, Micheal Eisner's Tornante Company produces them. It's why BoJack ran on Comedy Central in syndication and Shout Factory put out a Blu-ray, Netflix just has the streaming rights and could theoretically lose them eventually..

Has a cartoon had such an anticipation to be trash before?

>Gravity Falls invented instrumental theme songs
chrishoughton.tumblr.com/post/187375788092/at-times-i-think-nancy-was-inspired-of-wendy

Attached: I'm surrounded by eediots.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Yeah, except no, it totally sounds similar. 90% of the fucking comments on YouTube even acknowledge it. At a certain point, when that many people are saying, "It sounds like Gravity Falls", maybe you're the one who can't hear it.

>Check that guys Twitter

Goddamn, it feels fucking weird to think that I have a more popular Tumblr account than a Disney showrunner and I only have like, 1000 followers.

High Guardian Spice exists.

I do not want to fuck Luz's VA
I DO NOT want to fuck Luz's VA
I DO NOT WANT TO FUCK LUZ'S VA

Attached: bonr.png (720x334, 575K)

Being Chris Houghton is suffering

twitter.com/chrischoughton/status/1149781252536320000

Attached: The Houghton Bros. drink their sorrows away.jpg (960x720, 71K)

Where did the character that posted even come from? I’ve seen her blow up in The Booru, but I’m unfamiliar with this robowaifu(?).

Yuck, the shading on this looks like those bad VHS covers for Disney films.

Ah, nothing like seeing classic Disney Channel stars in more mature roles

Attached: Ashley Tisdale - Raising Hope s02e14.webm (854x480, 1.78M)

>Hirsch is voicing Cubone
You know how unprepared film school students have a deadline coming up and they have to go to their friend/roommate/whatever and say "hey dude please act in this or else I'll get an F" and it ends up being really mediocre shit?

yeah

He had one in Netflix

>FOX vaporware
>years pass and nothing materializes
>Netflix vaporware
>another year passes and nothing materializes
>Detective Pikachu
>all his ideas get thrown out and he straight up admits to having nothing to do with the finished product
Hirsch has made a living coasting off media corporations' failed RnD

Better than him than Justin Roiland.

Attached: WUBBA LUBBA DOOP-DOOP.jpg (1280x720, 258K)

Hirsch can do more separate, entirely distinct voices than Tress MacNeille, Kate Micucci, Kristen Schaal, or Charlyne Yi and they all have VA careers

the chances of this not sucking are really small

Attached: shit character 101.jpg (1125x1224, 544K)

There'd better not be any globohomo shit or im going beastmode

>OK, Eda really is just a grey haired Ryoko at this point.

It's already known that Ryoko was the inspiration for Eda, but it does look feel much like a down-on-her-luck Ryoko.

That said, I think that Wendie Malick is the best choice to voice a Ryoko-style character this side of Petrea Burchard. (I wonder if the Japanese dub of OH will use Orikasa Ai for Eda.)

So this character is supposed to already be the weird, witchy girl no one at school wants to associate with, but her character design doesn't communicate that at all. Where's the black lace and weird headdress and makeup? She's 14, most of those types of girls would be making their own fashion choices by then, but she's dressed kind of...basic.

This poster is a composition nightmare I have no idea where to look

does anyone have that copy pasta "only a special world is good for me cuz I'm special" or something post?

Unless this character saves strangers scabs like Reggie or engages in constant awkward conversation while spilling too much information about herself like Tina Belcher, I doubt this girl is "totally, like, awkwaaaaard".

I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt it looked a little off, especially compared to .

Attached: 5667E085-6B61-4FBE-803F-D395A1935A99.jpg (1621x1725, 332K)

her doll eyes still freak me out

>show is getting a panel before a single episode has aired
>before even a release date has been announced
what? fucking why?

>Wendie Mallick>

Attached: 1567018948959.png (254x409, 160K)

Maybe we’ll get some footage with the characters’ voices on display? Maybe we’ll get a more concrete air date?

Attached: A255B6D7-0E8F-434F-808A-1C06BABF32A5.jpg (384x313, 84K)

They're banking hard on this getting that GF money, they've been pushing for recapturing success on that level since DuckTales was greenlit

Hype and

not gonna lie, I will watch all episodes of this show, but just because I think it will be Star vs all over again and dont want to miss the threads when they turn on the show

Attached: 73060881_p60.png (942x509, 174K)

i fear this show will be infected with ''lets go political'' ideas.
everyone is gay, ORANGE TRUMP jokes.

Why not just visit the threads without watching the show?

they trying hard to push this as the new gravity falls.

why is everyone so blackpilled about her show? you mad her cry

Attached: luz offended.png (749x749, 621K)

I need the context, it wouldnt be fun without knowing

Come again?

Attached: E54ADCBC-7809-4531-B471-A2FB9D480143.png (1280x720, 339K)

Is it pronounced “Lose” or “Luhz”?

search light in portuguese

Why not in Spanish?

Attached: 1BC3B7BE-DAA9-45F0-8647-733E2FA42952.png (768x768, 286K)

That's a pretty bland theme song.

It would be glorious if after all this marketing push and hype, the show fails. But it's probably just generic enough to hit a big market.

Who is this

FILENAME, NIGGA. YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?

Attached: B5381148-79B3-423B-BEAA-ECC89E602CAE.png (210x240, 73K)

I can’t see it because my browser can’t read webms pls no bully

>personality seems to be somewhat similar
She's basically just gonna be Grunkle Stan as a lady.

She'll be "totally like awkward" from the perspective of the Stacys at her school in normieworld, not the average loser from 4channel.

Dana most likely wants to promote an Akko/Diana type ship with Luz and the green haired chick. If Disney doesn't allow it to be canon, she can at least encourage fanartists to make a lot of fanart of it.

Attached: image.png (3909x4702, 1.07M)

her voice fits her perfectly and I don't know what else you expected

also like that other user said, you're a fucking pleb

This show feels like it's trying way too hard to be interesting without actually doing something interesting.

Like, the theme song green worm is just scary enough to be approved by a group of Disney suits, but not actually scary enough to be memorable like the weird shit you would see in Courage the Cowardly Dog. The world is suppose to be super cool because it's a magical demon town inside a red hellish landscape built on top of a dead corpse, but all the inhabitants look like regular humans with pointy ears? Any student who has a crazy design like Ms. One Eyeball is dumbed down to a background gag and every single main character is vanilla as fuck.

It just always feels like it's teetering on being interesting but still playing it safe and appealing.

Oh. Well in that case, it’s Ashley Tisdale in the FOX series that lasted way longer than it had any right to, Raising Hope: youtube.com/watch?v=zXv4r8wsu0M

Attached: 30AD7D73-C7D5-441E-9D73-BDA5193F3890.jpg (1200x1821, 346K)

I know her broom is supposed to be an owl with glowing eyes,
but that thumbnail just makes it look like a polished brass cock head.

the eyebrows are the frenulum.

Attached: stephen-colbert-meat-goggles2-500x281.jpg (500x281, 24K)

>Putting all your eggs in a basket that at this point has been lit on fire dozens of times
The production of this show has been one of the most disastrous of this whole decade, why do they still have any hope for it?

Attached: 1467056136438.png (558x744, 428K)

I was thinking that it looks more like a butt.

Nothing about this is CalArts style. What are you even talking about? It’s made by an animator from SVA, and it’s anime influenced, doesn’t have bean mouths, etc. Do words have any meaning to you or are you able to communicate at all without just shrieking memes?

Casual spotted

He’s making 10 million a year and producing a show and a movie, both at Netflix, but Yea Forums likes to pretend he has somehow failed at life because they’re mad he finished his show before they wanted him to

He wrote two bestselling books, screenwrote on Oscar winning spider-verse, and is developing 3 new shows at Netflix for millions of dollars a year. Doing this voice is barely a blip on the radar of his jobs

we

Attached: storyGuy05.jpg (500x563, 144K)

The broom looks like a golden cock

Do you ever think there might be something behind your seeing penises everywhere, Anonymous?

>The production of this show has been one of the most disastrous of this whole decade
This is the first time I'm hearing this. Can you elaborate?

These rumors were false.

>tsundere Harpy Gee

Is he the must JUST showrunner on Disney right now?

>90% of the fucking comments on YouTube even acknowledge it.
They're the same people who will call any mystery cartoon a Gravity Falls ripoff before it even airs.

I think he just did.

Attached: 0A1B9803-388C-49ED-9F63-6E3FC4A51092.jpg (261x199, 15K)

Ashley Tisdale, Candace from Phineas and Ferb.

>Everyone else is wrong!!!! I'm the right one!

Literal who?

>screenwrote on Oscar winning spider-verse
Was Alex even credited for that? I only remember seeing Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman with actual screenwriting credits.

Attached: genius sandwich.jpg (906x1024, 89K)

>two bestselling books
Is this how we're phrasing it now? A tie-in merchandise book that's no different than "Rules for Quidditch" and a compilation of comics?
>screenwrote on Oscar winning spider-verse
Many people worked on Oscar winning Spiderverse. Unless you're one of the top guys, you can't really piggyback on its award status.

At least the Netflix deal is a solid point.

I also thought that at first, but a couple more listenings and I've come to realize that it works really well.

The five-note melody that encompasses the whole theme song (E- E- E- D - C... ) is catchy, the brief new melody when showing off Luz's friends and King gives a sense of both spookiness and lighthearted fantasy, the climax (pic related) matches the cool visuals of this lengthy shot with fitting energy and wonder, and the bridge at the end appropriately comes full circle with that same five-note melody before closing out with one final strike to get us pumped for the episode.

It may not be as immediately memorable as Gravity Falls or Amphibia's theme songs, but once you get used to it, I'm sure you'll come to love it. TJ Hill did a great job with it.

Attached: Spencer Wan Sakuga.gif (960x540, 4M)

And Eda looks sexy as hell in all three posters. This is going to have SO MUCH PORN.

Attached: There better be WAY more r34 of Eda than of Luz!.png (1199x952, 907K)

>eda voiced by malick
Well fuck I can't pass on that

>flapjack
>trash
You sad little piece of shit

Not even Amphibia?

>sultry cigarette smoker voice on tween girl
Oh no, a boner OH NO

HACK HACK HACK! HE'S A FUCKING HACK!

Most animators out of necessity either already have or quickly develop acting skills in order to flesh out characters, usually for boarding purposes.
The side characters in Shrek, Brad Bird as Edna Mode, these weren't meant to be the final actors but they clicked enough to be kept.

hot

Read the post again, my guy. I was merely mimicking an user who claims that anything with Alex Hirsch's involvement automatically "belongs in the trash." It was a form of mockery since I actually like all three shows that I listed.

Attached: Flapjack frown.jpg (211x198, 11K)

She's just going to be Diana from Little Witch Academia

I honestly think every cartoon creator should strive to do at least one recurring voice in their own show. It doesn’t have to be the main character; a side character like Pen Ward’s LSP, Dan & Swampy’s roles on PnF and MML, or Raphael BW’s various voices on BoJack is more than enough. Doing so is not only an easy way to get their foot in the door of the voice acting world, but it’s also an easy second paycheck. It only makes sense for someone who successfully managed to pitch and sell a show to a major network to be capable of making at least one funny/serious voice.

As long as those creators can make their characters sound expressive and fun, they’re doing their job well. And if the creator doesn't have that “whispering so my parents won’t hear me” voice that many internet animators struggle with, even better.

Attached: R.I.P. OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.png (1799x898, 1.98M)

>a man named Michael Eisner
I would kill to be his intern
-greenlit schoolhouse rock
-helped Henson's early career
-no longer considered most cancerous Disney CEO
-still winning

>those jugs
Yes you do

VA work isn't about range, it's about convincingly emoting without using your face. Ron Perlman's work on Beauty and the Beast is what prepped him for VA.

Hi Luke, hows the Indiegogo campaign?

because luz means light in portuguese

Matt Braly is weak, he only voices a joke one-off character

He should voice Marcy next season

nah, it's shit, lol.

>No wonder Luke was so mad about this show.
Getting cucked by short-stacked Jew will do that to you? Just remember to donate to his indiegogo

Yeah she sounds too old
I hope I don’t get banned for this. But I really wanted her to sound like Rainbow Dash. Basically a high pitch, raspy tomboyish voice. Nothing against the VA, but is anyone sick of kid character that sound like Middle-Aged adults. That’s the problem I had with Dipper in GF

Attached: B8D95497-3B48-4564-BB1E-9D37ABD5D943.jpg (400x591, 39K)

Yes, Quest for Less

Attached: 57E4E3E1-7CD4-46DA-99FD-42321CB941C0.jpg (695x321, 51K)

>King (Hirsch)
Oh great, can't wait for the 'Cubone sez' segments at the end of each episode where he turns to the camera and tells us to vote against Drumpf, guns are bad, abortions are good, gender is a spectrum, etc.

Attached: WHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.png (785x486, 170K)

>Where's the black lace and weird headdress and makeup
Only attention whores dress up like that, not real enthusiasts.

>vote against Drumpf
>guns are bad
>abortions are good
>gender is a spectrum
But... that's all correct.

Also, why are you so paranoid by Hirsch's PC tweets? He rarely ever infuses his work with political views anyway.

Attached: I miss Broad City.png (911x585, 781K)

>TJ Hill
Isn't that the composer for Amphibia? How can one person score the music for two separate shows at the same time? Has that ever happened before in television history?

Attached: comfy candlelit reading.webm (520x360, 1.27M)

>He rarely ever infuses his work with political views anyway.
user, he literally started out making crappy political comics.

Gravity Falls was "spared" his bullshit because it was mostly during the Obama years where attacking politicians was bad, "we're past all this partisan stuff", etc etc etc. When Gravity Falls ended, fucking Jeb! was the front runner for the Republican candidacy, the Manlet had not yet developed his Trump Derangement Syndrome. If we had gotten a season 3 or 4 when the election or its aftermath was in full swing you can bet your lucky stars that Preston or whoever was the closest Trump effigy on that show would start chanting Build The Wall or whatever the shit.

Attached: trigger_happy.jpg (600x475, 110K)

The only one that’s correct is “drumph is bad as he is nothing but a Zionist puppet”
bitchute.com/video/NJF06yjvdErM/
bitchute.com/video/pSVDZWS65ZKy/
Also
>Guns are good, because fuck the government, they should be afraid of us not the other way around. And I’m not ending up like Soviet citizen or a Palestinian
>Abortions are good only when it comes to preventing future criminals from existing
>Gender doesn’t even exist. The concept was created a mad scientist named John Money who experimented on a pair of twin boys to prove his point that gender existed and was fluid

Attached: 8C2EAB7F-61E8-4B86-B57F-852680570E0C.jpg (640x374, 23K)

I don't think you read my post correctly. A cartoon creator who voices ANY character in their own show is cool in my book. Throughout all of Amphibia S1, I was waiting to see Braly's name in the voice credits (even as just an additional voice), so finally hearing him in "The Big Bugball Game" was cathartic as fuck. I'm glad he didn't turn out to be a Genndy Tartakovsky or a Rebecca Sugar.

Attached: degenerate schoolgirls.gif (1280x720, 468K)

>I'm glad he didn't turn out to be two people who are wildly more talented than Matt

How you gonna disrespect /ourboy/ Braly like that? He is immensely talented. I do wish we could see some of his student films, though

Attached: St. Paddy's Day.jpg (960x720, 120K)

I don’t really mind this show’s Demon Realm being more magical than hellish. While The Owl House IS created by Dana Terrace, if the show doesn’t turn out as grotesque as you’d expect, it should still be fine as long as it goes all in on these crazy, fantastical elements and locations rather than secretly being a simple slice-of-life cartoon underneath it all *cough*Amphibia*cough*.

Attached: Disenchantment Official Part 2 Trailer.webm (1920x1080, 652K)

Shit, I messed up that wording somethin' fierce.

I meant to say, "Better him than Justin Roiland."

Attached: Eda and Lucy.png (800x600, 503K)

I’m sensing some undeserved ill will toward the best new show of 2019.

Attached: F4876EA1-9BC5-47F1-95B9-8C9FB085EA94.png (609x495, 321K)

Do you have any of his other DeviantArt work? He deleted his account a while back.

Checked and agreed. This is why it pisses me off when anons diminish Ian JQ’s voice-over work on OK K.O.! just because he lacks much range. The guy’s still able to make Rad and Darrell emote in believable and entertaining ways; that’s what really matters when it comes to voice-over, after all.

Attached: 88C38053-72A3-4D3E-AF24-407E764D8340.jpg (1080x1141, 223K)

GENDER IS NOT A FUCKING SPECTRUM. You are born male, or female. THERE IS NO CHANGING THAT NO MATTER WHAT. Your birth gender/sex is your ONLY gender/sex.

“Bitch... Ute”?

Attached: 7CFE4CD2-9B4E-43AA-AC76-5C265BA66C67.png (3840x2160, 2.7M)

They're not talking about Carmen Sandiego

How much do you think Sabrina inserted herself?

Attached: 1558575266793.png (2146x1256, 1.14M)

Despite what everyone else is saying, I doubt she inserted herself at all.

Hirsch has never said gender is a spectrum. I follow him on twitter. Just making up opinions you want to hate on and attributing them to other people is the ultimate straw man move

She got a development deal (which probably won't go anywhere, they generally don't) so she left the show midway through production and is bound to be distracted in trying to get her own terrible ideas greenlit for a couple years. If TOH has any creative influence from her it will be very short-lived

Where can you find more character information?

Huh. I completely forgot The Casagrandes is coming out this year. Just goes to show you how apathetic I feel toward it. I still need to catch up on TLH Season 4

Attached: E0CEF50F-547C-44CB-9072-199CD084E8A4.jpg (2700x1800, 1.01M)

SEETHING

You've been to the owl house, now visit

Attached: 1559291800655.png (316x315, 97K)

Here's one piece that's survived, co-illustrated with his then-girlfriend Arica (purportedly an inspiration for the Giffany character).

"Dog Gone It!" (March, 2004)
>"Our first actual submission!"
>Alex Sez: BEHOLD! I drew the first frame,Arica drew the second. Clearly, we need couples therapy.
>Arica Sez: What do you get when two crazy nerds start drawing random crap on napkins at Denny's at 3 in the morning?!?!?!?!? Why, you get...um....uh....
>...yeah. That.

Two other pieces on Alex's account that I recall were "Kerry Godmother" (self-explanatory) and a giant bunny munching on Carrot Top (right around the time he was shrilly shilling for 1-800-Call-ATT).

Attached: d3fa1w-b4b9d025-0357-4e55-888a-670808ca1536.jpg (700x357, 34K)

Who cares? Why are we digging through the deviant art archives of the high school ex girlfriend of a voice actor in the Owl House thread? I will never understand Yea Forumss full stalker obsession with Alex Hirsh, bringing him up in every thread

>bringing him up in every thread
You have a point about the stalking but how are we to avoid bringing up just his name in a show that he voices a main character in a show made by his girlfriend exactly?

By talking about the actual show? Also there’s a difference between mentioning someone’s name and obsessively hunting through their entire life online/creating fake reasons to be mad/etc etc. I’m here for Eda lewds like any decent user

>I’m here for Eda lewds like any decent user
I love you

Attached: B30D0096-955C-45FE-9587-E7D612038B90.jpg (400x400, 33K)

I miss Uncle Grandpa

Attached: 870E7A18-8DA8-4C33-B918-EA5807040040.png (900x520, 282K)

>Talk about the show
>Immediately admits to being a waifufag

annnnnddd you're no better than some e-stalker.

>Wanting lewds of cartoon characters = harassing and stalking people you don't like for pretty reasons

Attached: 1562127513599.jpg (200x146, 6K)

You’re probably the only one who does if we’re being honest here

>Posting Twitter screencaps in a Yea Forums thread is harassment

>Disenchantment Part 2
I’m ready for more mommy milkies

Attached: 91E7BC97-168B-40F9-ACFC-6EC315143A9B.jpg (3825x1224, 2.49M)

You sad little bitch

You know there are retards who actually will harass people based on tweets. Either way, Waifufags are better than e-stalkers. They're terrible, but not as terrible as e-stalkers.

Cool, the manlet is finally getting work

>You know there are retards who actually will harass people based on tweets.

And all you have to do is block them like Alex does to 500 people a day. Waifufags shit up threads and get generals moved to /trash/, you only think they're not as bad because you're one of them. Spamming the same 15 images of borderline r34 Eda is not "thread discussion".

Attached: 234235345.png (602x594, 71K)

Yikes!

Nah. Alex is just very skilled at doing voices and acting. Theres lost media of him on Letterman doing bird calls. Not everyone has that talent

>Implying
I like how you called me a Waifufag when I said they're terrible. I don't give two shits about Eda or any of the characters. E-stalkers are worse because they inspire others to harass. Not every showrunner, storyboarder, writer, etc. is as resolute as Alex and they don't deserve any more trouble than what they already have.

>E-stalkers are worse because they inspire others to harass.
Yea Forums shits on Sabrina Cotugno all the time and posts her Twitter screencaps, but if you check her Twitter right now, not a single comment harassing her.

So, no. You've just blown it out of proportion because one or two people get mentioned a week about "e-harassment" and think that's now a social media danger when it's actually an extreme rarity.

Waifufags are still worse.

Owl House, Amphibia and Infinity Train threads have turned into pure-shit now.

Attached: 1563492455703.png (1366x768, 754K)

>implying there are still Infinity Train threads
Yea Forums forgot about that “miniseries” after less than a week.

Attached: D07E9E73-69FE-4E73-8A47-4087D3286581.gif (260x289, 1.57M)

I’m not diminishing Alex’s raw voice-acting talent. He’s one of the rare ones, up there with Seth MacFarlane and Mike Judge.

I’m just saying that every cartoon creator should feel encouraged to voice AT LEAST one character in their own show. Doing anything less would be pathetic, unless you’ve got an indecipherable speech impediment or lisp. I’ll give Becky Sucrose some leeway since she makes up for it by playing an active role in many other part of SU’s production (songwriting, occasional storyboarding, etc.)

Attached: BEA9842C-C32A-45DF-89D5-F0FA7EEEDC6E.png (800x1032, 640K)

>HentaiLand

Attached: 0414337B-7BE8-49A8-ABB6-1EABA754CD70.jpg (639x475, 18K)

>not a single comment harassing her.
It's more fun to joke with her about Yea Forums hating her. There's a sense of humor in there.

That looks like a screen capture from the show user, how would you recognize it as porn?

>writes fanfiction as a hobbie
Im thinkin shes autistic

Considering a lot of cartoons are being made by fan nerds who basically treat their show like one big fan fic, it's pretty normal now-a-days.

They had to bump it up in Bob's Burgers because it's so normal. Tina's "friend fiction" is way more autistic.

Attached: 1526705551167.gif (700x720, 1.54M)

Fair enough
The taxidermy shit is weird if that helps in her personality department.
But can know yet.

gobbo gerl can you please tell me about this ?

Attached: 1560287382108.jpg (581x669, 201K)

>oh, there he is!
kek

kek, where is this from?

I'm gonna be upfront. I only care about Luz/Eda fan content, I hope oc creators will deliver.

I can already tell he's gonna be my favorite character.

Attached: Hoot Crew Farewell Card.jpg (1080x1350, 472K)

What are you, gay??

Attached: sexy witch back.jpg (640x1138, 174K)

Are there things like this for the other characters?

I hope cancel culture catches up to all of these shit shows and gets them ganked.

Venture Bros is all voice acted by a core group of maybe four or so people. Two of which are the creators.

>you gotta be churning out show after show, bro
Ouch. Imagine being this retarded.

Bullshit, I know a lot of girls who watches cartoons regardless of the MC's genders, where the fucking are you people living again?

The problem is that execs think that boys won't watch a show with female MC. Which is why Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have pretty much zero shows with female MCs.

That is a Luz character description that the auditioning VAs worked off of, so I'm sure Eda and King also had their own. We just haven't seen them because Luz's is the only one that's been leaked... so far.

Attached: Proto-Mabel.png (800x818, 563K)

This. Cartoon Network was always treated as the "boys' channel." I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason CN even took a chance on Juniper Lee was because the execs were shocked to see how successful Kim Possible was. And PPG probably only happened because the network was still brand-new territory at the time, so everybody was all ears on what McCracken wanted to try.

Attached: The Life & Times of Juniper Lee.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Shit, I can't believe I forgot about those two. Parker Simmons is another good one. He voiced a TON of characters on OK K.O.!†, so it's only fitting that he plays two lead characters with distinct voices on his own show, among others.

I'd like to think most Titmouse animators are pretty good voice actors.

Attached: Characters Voiced by Parker Simmons.png (1028x1246, 1.51M)

So Dana is definitely voicing this thing, right?

Attached: E846D3BF-3AE0-437D-8496-7FBBE29BF7D5.png (500x350, 199K)

But Juniper Lee fucking sucked while Kim Possible was fun.

Doesn’t change the fact that the CN execs were trying to bank on that KP audience.

So Alex is just going to do Bill's voice, isn't he?

Another thing Alex is known for is his subversively anti-Christian work. He has the wherewithal to at least not go full blown "BOILING VAT OF FECES" kike mode but he does try to constantly make innocent-seeming blasphemies against Jesus Christ, from his deviantart years ago to his twitter recently.

Attached: sacrilicious.jpg (600x859, 165K)

I can’t wait for Season 4

Attached: 18DF4F0B-0F03-4D5C-979C-0B50CACFEC5D.png (1024x1024, 1.04M)

I love me some main title sakuga

Attached: Nick Leong.webm (1280x720, 529K)

I miss the threads when Amphibia was airing.
Pure discussion, very little bullshit.
Comfy as hell.
Season 2 can't come fast enough.

Attached: [lofi jazz plays in the background].webm (960x544, 221K)

>sacrilicious

Attached: CE5F9FC8-F930-4152-B58C-2EDC461B41B8.png (618x826, 385K)

where is the eda porn

Perhaps

what are the chances of her being a cougar

Damn, I actually feel kinda bad for the guy

chrishoughton.tumblr.com/post/187375730017/big-city-greens-may-currently-be-one-of-the-most

Attached: 4EA2A921-344F-410E-9216-E35E4BF7A282.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Attached: 1500168810853.jpg (450x354, 27K)

>Big City Greens may currently be one of the most watched cartoons

Excuse me?

>ultimately finds a new family
Wife and pet?

What happened to her old family?

I wish they'd tone down the chin a smidgen.

Fuck them bitches.

>what are the chances of her being a cougar
Isn't it more likely that she's a cougabbit?

Attached: devious.png (403x581, 142K)

They better be dead or Matilda-levels of abusive for her not to seem really selfish for leaving them because they took her Switch away when she refused to do the dishes or whatever.

Take this with a grain of salt but I heard she’s supposed to be living with an aunt or something

That would make sense, if true. Dana said in some interview she was raised by her mother and aunt, so from a story POV, a nasty Aunt character who is then replaced by a tough Aunt who actually cares for Luz is probably a decent way to not have her just be an orphan.

Attached: Harry-Potter-3.gif (499x241, 914K)

Was it her aunt or her "aunt"?

Imagine thinking Eda is anything short of perfection. Her chin is fine just the way it is.

Attached: 3531742E-781B-40BB-B0AC-3F2AB5EC761D.jpg (640x1138, 67K)

If something can't even improve, how can you say it's perfect?

Aunt with benefits.

>how can you say it's perfect?
... because it can’t improve? Do you not know what “perfection” means, me boy?

Attached: 6DD8DC23-6ECA-4665-9ED7-D751C098E3C8.png (1440x1080, 1.04M)

Will Dana do it, Yea Forums? Will Owl House be the next Gravity Falls and become a huge hit?

>implying something stagnant can be perfect
Fucking anti-spirals.

>The next Gravity Falls
Let's hope not. That shitshow had a GoT ending before GoT.

The only reason I will watch this show

Considering it's aping it to a "T", it would be amazing if it didn't.

Attached: o4xul43qy0431.png (610x701, 661K)

>stagnant
Your words, not mine. BY DEFINITION, you CANNOT improve upon something that is already PERFECT.

It doesn’t get any better than Eda. All other waifus can go home now.

Attached: 1784CE36-1A3D-4F32-BD1D-EAFCD57D8F6E.jpg (792x792, 107K)

Well, has it ever happened before? I’m still curious about how one man can balance that workload.

Attached: B55EF758-43A4-4788-B17F-A452FA689574.jpg (1080x805, 66K)

It's not like one show requires him to compose music every single day like a storyboard artist who has to work for 9 months straight until a season is done.

Was Gravity Falls even *that* successful?

I mean a few teenagers liked it because it had a quasi-ongoing story arc and a few books and DVD releases were made, but it was never some kind of huge "phenomenon" and nowadays Disney seems to more or less forget it exists.

The journal was NYT bestseller #1 on its release iirc.

>nowadays Disney seems to more or less forget it exists
Yeah, because NuDuckTales—which turned out the way it did thanks to Gravity Falls’s influence—has suitably taken the mantle.

Attached: DD7C9858-7CCA-428B-A334-6ADF2ED40424.jpg (1000x1426, 672K)

>Was Gravity Falls even *that* successful?
Are you serious? It knocked Phineas and Ferb off its pedestal and challenged Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe as the most popular kid’s cartoon between 2012-2016. If we expand to most popular cartoons in general, there’s really only Rick and Morty that beats GF in popularity... unfortunately.

Hype for the show didn’t even die with the series finale; thanks to Alex Hirsch’s active internet presence (#CipherHunt) and accompanying books, the show remained relevant well into 2018.

Attached: BFB7541F-C941-47B1-A7FB-52217F75BE23.jpg (1024x1536, 442K)

kek

Attached: F7411EDF-E70D-4D79-BD4B-3A13148C6E79.png (800x1068, 397K)

Feels weird to think that Alex Hirsch’s voice will be coming out of this thing. Dude is set for LIFE.

Attached: 2DFA1A0A-E049-4252-B3B4-DBABBC60E968.jpg (1200x680, 113K)

All right. Which one of you wise guys started another thread?

Attached: C94BF1C9-020E-4147-BDA0-B3CEF0C445DB.jpg (2048x2048, 318K)

Welcome to Yea Forums. 99% of anons here NEVER check the Catalog.

Dope, been waiting on this one. Love supernatural cartoons, this one definitely looks to scratch that itch. Opening looks nice, too.

i'm so glad she left the TOH staff.

GODDDD, why is Carlota so THICC??

Attached: 8D8E0E65-E728-4419-80F9-8D8C93AE9D44.png (719x1080, 1.04M)

Why didn't Mabel keep this hair color?

No offense, but the theme song really does just sound like the Gravity Falls theme. It's like a remix. I'm just glad the actual opening animation isn't too similar.
I would've said this even if I didn't know Hirsch was working on it. Couldn't they come up with something more original?

This is a Loud House spinoff, right? I think I remember the girl in the front being in some Loud House episodes

>The Loud House, but brown
pourquois?

Usually if you're actually weird you just dress normal and try to lay low. It's really obvious when people go out of their way not to interact with you

Brown House

hold on

Attached: Schnoz.jpg (225x224, 13K)

KEK

Attached: 1566070523474.png (640x1138, 1.04M)

>porquois?
>not ‘por qué?’
ONE JOB.

>edits
miss me wit dat gay shit

Attached: 7BC78C0F-58F7-4C58-B5FF-623C6D0B7C6A.jpg (239x207, 16K)

>Drumpf is bad
All American presidents have been imperialist bastards, and are therefore bad.
>Guns are bad
Fuck the government, they're your enemy, most of western states are turning fascist as neoliberalism decays.
>abortions are good
Agreed
>Gender is a spectrum
Gender is a spook so it doesn't matter what it is, be free, kill TERFs.

Typical Liberal garbage. Fuck cucked conservatives too. Socialism would fix cartoons Yea Forumsmrades.

Attached: whylive.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I guess that makes sense. Still, composing music for two shows simultaneously still sounds like a pretty heavy workload.

Attached: 14AB5226-3EFB-4414-8D9B-D0CCB69763BC.jpg (682x384, 80K)

>naked backside
>gayshit
Literally hang yourself double nignog.

XD still reruns it several times a day every single day, it got a complete series Blu-ray (literally unheard of for a Disney show) and it’s spawned multiple obvious imitators

If you can’t appreciate a woman’s sexy physique even within clothes, you’re the gay one. I don’t always need Eda to be fully nude in order to find her attractive.

Attached: 13B09F27-6669-4DC8-8914-590B4D31962D.jpg (2048x2048, 1.91M)

They barely even changed it, user.

Attached: 32EFEAC5-499E-4C52-B4AD-084D81BB4ACE.png (500x500, 77K)

>>Nancy inspired by Wendy
I wonder what the fuck did he come out of fucking nowhere, and claim that shit for.

I think user is referring to how it does well in reruns and ratings (not so much in the same level of Nick based shows)

Probably despite of the fact that this dusty bastard can say some random bullshit about what and who was inspired by this or that, is just not only sad, but pathetic, people who say that, must be shaking their heads as they now wanna know from where all of this shit is coming from.

Nobody cares about that shit you have, i've seen other tumblr users have more followers than that shit you have.

I wouldn't be surprised that you're the samefag who's been posting the same shit from the other threads.

Could be. He’s the same one who did from the last thread

....That's the point?

Attached: 234535435.png (376x405, 36K)

>Issac Ryan Brown (Raven’s Home)
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume he voices Luz’s black demon friend:

Attached: Raven Shippuden.gif (742x312, 1.9M)

The titular protagonist of the Nickelodeon pilot Harpy Gee. Doesn't really have much in common with NotDiana besides elf ears and green hair.

Something about him seems like he has "specifically designed to be the nonthreatening male" written all over him but I'm just glad he's not yet another cliche Black Nerd character.

Attached: DmSzv7PUwAIDasZ.jpg orig.jpg (967x790, 58K)

Why is he jiggling his tit like that

H-Hollow Knight??

>This is going to have SO MUCH PORN.
The show isn't even released yet and porn is already starting to trickle out.

Hollow Knight.

Attached: Amphibia - Combat Camp (S01E18b).jpg (1920x1080, 1.23M)

Harpy Gee is garbage

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.38M)

t. SpongeBob-obsessed Nick execs

Hirsch drew this at 15? Kid had talent

That just sounds like you had not idea what the post was about.

How do you know Hirsch was 15 when he draw that? I don’t see a specific date anywhere.

Attached: 921F36C5-83FA-48AE-9434-0088D3001F7B.jpg (650x860, 87K)

haha

>King gripping onto Eda's leg

Attached: BigJB21.jpg (600x623, 24K)

this

don't waste facts on these tards user

I bet you believe in the wage gap, too.

>Alex Hirsch
WHY CAN'T I ESCAPE YOU!

You can't bribe us with ravioli.
It will happen.

>Gravity Falls was trash
Let's see...
Season 1 was far too episodic for a series with a "mystery" hook in Episode 1.
Season 2A was essentially the best part of the show, minus a few hiccups like The Love God or Society of the Blind Eye.
Season 2B was dumpster fire.

Where is that picture from? I need to know.

Is she canonically autistic?

>and challenged Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe
Pretty sad THAT was its competition.

>muh ‘Today’s cartoons SUCK!’
Hey, 2011 called. It wants its edgy complaints back.

Attached: B463573C-2833-487A-9EA1-D6FBFFF41FBE.jpg (400x386, 23K)

You know that's Dana's self insert, right?

Attached: D6heNkQU8AEkCsR.jpg (1084x1200, 109K)

>throws two self-inserts into her own show
Dana is based

Attached: 3AB1A0B4-F479-4A69-BAFA-77DF7D81B6CB.png (366x366, 61K)

She used to be so cute looking back then, now.....

Attached: IMG_1728.jpg (2048x2048, 503K)

>two self inserts
>one of which is a main character
Why are some people so narcissistic?

>Two self-inserts
>One is a main character
>Other is her literal avatar who has an intro cameo
>One of the main characters voiced by her boyfriend
>Show is a Little Witch Academia rip-off
>King is a Cubone rip-off
>Eda is a Ryoko rip-off

This is like a fan fic with a big budget.

Would you believe when she got the haircut, she drew out what she wanted for the stylist?

Attached: 4353534.png (1462x1200, 582K)

I automatically roll my eyes any time I see anything with "witches" nowadays because it's always a bunch of fucking hipster girls doing sparkly magic while also having REAL PROBLEMS and just not nearly enough cool magic shit.

Attached: 1446604277827.jpg (630x627, 102K)

>Star Vs' FUCKING KINGDOM POLITICS plays second fiddle to a love triangle

I don't want to say all women are terrible writers, but goddamn, is Hollywood picking out some of the worst ones to demonstrate they're "good storytellers, too!".

>hipster girls doing sparkly magic while also having REAL PROBLEMS and just not nearly enough cool magic shit
The Owl House seems like it’ll have plenty of focus on magic and demonic monsters. I have full faith in Dana to avoid making it purely slice-of-life.

Steven Universe, OK K.O.!, DC Super Hero Girls, and Amphibia exist, user. And those are just cartoons with women in major positions of influence. There are plenty of talented women writers out there, the same way there are plenty of shitty male writers out there.

Attached: 4F40B1AC-37DE-4F5A-AD94-7C8D76057B2F.jpg (1080x1080, 163K)

Thats sounds so autistic that I believe she would do that without a doubt. Also I like the mushroom cut since it would have worked on her, but if she wants to live up to being a dyke stereotype instead of being a normal chick, who am I to say.

Attached: IMG_0962.png (1440x648, 210K)

It is true, I got the drawings from her Twitter.

Attached: queer haircut.png (642x1146, 751K)

>Steven Universe, OK K.O.!, DC Super Hero Girls, and Amphibia exist
Those shows are all terrible and SU + Amphibia are prime examples of, "Fantastic world filled with political outrage but UGH MUH MUNDANE LIFE".

Find me a cartoon made by a woman, whether its for kids or adults, that is on the same quality level as Venture Brothers.

>I have full faith in Dana to avoid making it purely slice-of-life.
Why? Where does this faith come from? She hasn't written a single thing, she only draws. There's nothing out there that demonstrates her ability to writer a script. Are you just going on blind faith because, "Her art is pretty"?

>visibly queer
Translation: "I'm gay an I want everyone to know that I'm gay, what do you mean that I'm just an attention whore."

Attached: IMG_0963.png (1198x670, 272K)

This isn’t like SU, a show that takes place on Earth. The main setting of this HORROR-COMEDY is THE DEMON REALM. I find it pretty unlikely that Dana would waste a setting like this for heavily grounded stories with no real use of magic or peril.

Attached: CF7C6296-D45C-41FC-AC61-B5FE9933459B.png (1920x1080, 3.47M)

You mean like how Amphibia took place in a magical world of frogs and monsters and still fucked around with "I WANT PIZZA"?

That literally doesn't explain where this "faith" comes from and just re-establishes that it's blind faith based on pretty art. You're putting assumptions on someone's ability to utilize a setting properly despite there being no evidence of their writing skills.

>Visibly Queer Haircut
Isn't she almost 30? Why does she act like a teen who tries to "rebel" by wearing black clothing or getting her lip pierced?

She's also in California, visibly queer haircut is the default haircut for women there.

Attached: IMG_1449.png (1101x1211, 794K)

Literally Little Witch Academia

>visibly queer haircut
We get it you’re not actually gay but you desperately want people to believe you are.

millenials were always retarded

>WANTING to look ugly cause GAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Why? Even lesbians still want to date hot people.

A rebellious witch played by Wendie Malick? I will be watching.

Good choice.

>She's also in California, visibly queer haircut is the default haircut for women there

Attached: A663DBC9-8662-4B85-8C6B-E8BF8B331C46.jpg (750x601, 195K)

Having an attractive haircut is rape culture and supports the patriarchy.

True.

Shut the fuck up, Misha.

I can't believe I'm excited for a new cartoon. This actually looks pretty good. Is Amphibia any good?

Amphibia is great. The family characters are written well and do a good job bouncing off each other imo. Anne is sweet and loveable.

Attached: D-TqK83UcAALTvH.jpg orig.jpg (1463x2048, 315K)