Connie barely in it, does nothing, no Stevonnie

>Connie barely in it, does nothing, no Stevonnie
>Lapis and Peridot don't even sing or have any relevance to the plot just like CYM
>Lapis especially is just a wooden spoon prop in everything she's in since she came back
>No Jasper at all
>Lars is just a bg character with no lines
>Diamonds are forced and are just ooc beyond belief
>Spinel the one good thing about the movie ends up going back to the Diamonds
>Not a single townie speaks
>Not a single off color speaks
>Opals big grand return that people were frothing over was a minuscule speck
>putting pre-established characters on the wayside in favor of expanding on the new shinies
Why is this movie getting praise? It nailed everything with Spinel but I expected better from an SU MOVIE

Attached: 1567694473378.jpg (1116x900, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RqXYd1Hhh_8
youtube.com/watch?v=BFMFaPBk7KY&t=
youtu.be/QBvrPSJhCGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why is this movie getting praise? It nailed everything with Spinel
You answered it. Steven Universe is shit but they nailed it with this character. You can tell by all the people who say they hate Steven Universe but love this character and watched the movie just for her like me.

It's the classic case of a single character carrying everything, a great character trapped in a terrible show.

>why is this movie getting praise?

For everything you just greentexted. It was a nice trade off for the new character we got. Just relax and wait for S6, where we go back to no Spinel and they bring back all the mediocrity you just listed.

It gets praise because it's mostly Spinel and she's the best character the show has ever introduced.
Best character getting screentime = enjoyable experience

>the best character the show has ever introduced.
Aquamarine

Attached: AquamarineRibbon_by_Koo.png (2000x2427, 406K)

Kevin

Attached: Kevin.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>It nailed everything with Spinel but I expected better from an SU MOVIE

Completely agreed.

This movie added nothing of value or interest.
Notice how literally the only consequence of it is that Steven doesn't have to hang out with the Diamonds anymore - or at least not so often.

Don't forget they made Homeworld into the new Barn.

Steven should have fucked the brat out of him

Spinelfags are annoying

You're just upset that Spinel is now and forever best gem.

She's going through the same motions Peridot went through until she started to become annoying comedy relief. Only difference is we probably won't get a chance for her to get to that point, thankfully.

all of that are positives as far as im concerned. conniefags shatter yourselves.

>caring about Connie or the barnies
Especially Connie. I mean, goddamn.

Attached: 1386168698746.gif (200x195, 1.23M)

So before Spinel what did you even like in the fucking show

Fuck off Connie is a qt

This. All of those are positives to me, you pretty much listed all my least favourite characters (though I think Lars did get better once he protected the Off Colours and I don't mind how they handled the Diamonds so much).

It's less of some higher-stakes deal and more of a tribute to how far the series has come as a whole. I do think the middle was a little weaker, with the "getting their memories back" plot, but as someone who's followed the show since the pilot came out in 2012/2013 I must admit it was still heartwarming to me.

I think what bothers me more is the huge influx of "Pink/Rose is the true villain!11 She is IRREDEEMABLE" people who completely forget that Pink did change, and while I'm not excusing her actions I highly doubt she intended them to have that level of an effect on Spinel.

Attached: steven blood smooch.gif (1109x616, 3.32M)

You have dubious taste, to say the least.

>but as someone who's followed the show since the pilot came out in 2012/2013 I must admit it was still heartwarming to me.
>All the gems show their pilot designs when reforming through the ages
Shit was great.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x283, 499K)

They don’t call her evil, they just acknowledge her as a person who fucks up a lot.

There's a ton of idiots who are calling not just Pink but Rose too a complete monster, who intentionally left Steven to deal with everything (when obviously she didn't know shit would go down and she thought things for the most part were okay now)

Rose may not be evil, but she is a terrible person.

I still think that's too much of a generalization.

WOW IT'S LIKE A BASIC STORY DONE WELL IS BETTER THAN ONE WITH TOO MANY ELEMENTS DONE POORLY

Stop being a brainlet. It's a celebration of the show as a whole, not whatever shit you have on your wishlist.

I'll agree to disagree.

It's not meant to be a big final. It's more of a mid-seasons stand-alone.

90% of the points you listed are good things
I don't even like Steven Universe but shit if what you said is true I might just have to check out the movie

Was this intentional?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nng8o7Eoku1sa0meg_250.png (194x377, 41K)

>not a single townie speaks
>implying that's a bad thing
Also Sadie and Lars.

That is asking too much for a movie desu

Atleast it showed more of Steven's growth instead of just having him doing a fusion to defeat the enemy.
And he was mostly powerless the entire time.

>Lapis especially is just a wooden spoon prop in everything she's in since she came back
Indeed

>No Jasper at all
They are likely saving them for season 6.

Yeah, wtf happend to them? I know some time have passed between the the season 5 end and the movie... but this is a very major change in their behavior.

Which is great, means she won't be a regular character in next season. She would end up being waaay too annoying.

Atleast we got to hear her sing.

Watching spinel is reliving the most anxiety-inducing moments of my childhood

I get a little hit of dopamine every time I see her smile.

>CYM ended with WD on everyone's minds
>Movie ends with Spinel on everyone's minds
>Series finale (S6) ends with Jasper on everyone's minds forever after

Attached: jasplaugh.gif (500x288, 1.81M)

>Connie
shit-tier
>Lapis and Peridot
shit-tier
>Jasper
shit-tier
>Lars
shit-tier
>townies
shit-tier

Thank you, based Sugar

>"Lapis and Peridot don't even sing or have any relevance to the plot just like CYM"

Nice try Zuke, keep lurking

>>Not a single townie speaks
This was a good move

I did like Lapis' line about still wanting to kill Steven, and then having everyone just laugh it off like it's not even worth worrying about.

I don't get how she's any different than Bismuth or Lapis other than Aesthetics.

They just keep telling the same story over and over.

Bismuth was never interesting, and Lapis was enjoyable until being relegated to being a barn dweller.

And they shit this one off into space in yet another hand dusting there that was easy ending.

Sugar can't bear the thought of someone taking the spotlight from Steven.

this is a good thing
the granny does, and nobody fucking likes the townies anyway so this wasn't a bad thing
her cameo was fine, she still got a few good vocal lines which was nice and it was about what i was expecting
>but I expected better from an SU MOVIE
fucking how? i agree with the rest of your points, but the show's been going down the shitter for years. did you seriously expect anything better?

That implies she has a plan and not just nebulous ideas from 50 different cooks that don't all fit together.

Like I like how that Not-Rose Pearl was lusting after was just dropped. They have to make the plots end and be nothingburgers because the next writer is gonna write whatever the fuck they want.

It's like comics write style on speed. The only character with any consequences or thought taken about how they effect anything is Rose and she's fucking dead so apparently they feel safe in heaping the same mommy abandoned me issues on everyone around her.

>wtf why is this movie about the main cast???
Exactly because it's a movie, it means the story and the budget/production have to be focused. Obviously as an ongoing show there's plenty of characters that can be used, but how can you be surprised that the core is still about Steven and his family?

Everything you listed was what made the movie great
Imagine complaining about no Connie or townies

I watched it for spinel. She's too good for this show, though. I wish she has her own IP.

Spinel is OVERRATED

Your idea of what is required is bad, and you should feel bad about your bad opinions.

You know its almost like this movie was really just a TV special that was marketed as a movie becuase SugCrew are dumb or something, i bet it was even a fucking hour long, considering they called all these 10 minute shorts full episodes.

>”a game”

Attached: EB16AF8E-0218-4F6D-90E9-016CD6DC8188.jpg (944x697, 345K)

>Connie barely in it
No wonder it was so enjoyable

Attached: 3274292 - Somescrub Spinel Steven_Universe.jpg (1200x1114, 97K)

It's an hour and 22 minutes

The hype will die down user, just like the Zim movie.

I mean the earth is still injected with that juice? Isn't that something they're going to have to deal with

Stevens healing powers have got it covered.

Seriously, he could just pee all over the place to neutralize the toxins.

can anyone post hd cgs we got at the start of the movie,those were great visuals

Too fucking smug. Too fucking thick. I can't stand when she's on screen because she's too fucking perfect.

That's the spice

I really really wanna hate fuck Spinel, she looks like she would be really into it

>Why is this movie focused on developing and resolving the arc of a brand new character in a satisfying manner instead of being an unfocused mess featuring tons of unnecessary things with no plot relevance
This is some super forced low effort shitposting. Go jerk off or something. You can't possibly have anything this unproductive on any level to do.

Attached: äöäöäöäöä.png (639x353, 393K)

Good, she's a huge pain in the ass

youtube.com/watch?v=RqXYd1Hhh_8

Good villain theme desu.

Kinda like how Nox is the only good thing about Wakfu?

Attached: Nox_portrait.png (1440x900, 561K)

>no Stevonnie
good.

Attached: steven-universe-stevonnie-intersex-cartoon-network.jpg (750x422, 32K)

>no Stevonnie
Shame

Pizza Mayor does

>but this is a very major change in their behavior.

They did that so they'd be more willing and open to come help Steven as he struggled to figure out how to stop the drill from killing his planet, and explain more about Spinel since they would obviously know.

Wait...

There.

Attached: 1567694852764.jpg (900x726, 145K)

Yeah. PD/Rose wasn't evil, she was just weak.
And forgetful, apparently

Attached: new waifu.png (754x527, 321K)

Getting cut in half the long way is a good way to sell "really fucking dead", especially if the face splits.

Its been so fucking long since we had a good villain song, I forgot how fun they were.

It was fun and i liked the art and animation. However the story was shit. It was more of a recap movie. 50% was just characters singing about themselves.

Speaking as someone who hasn't watched SU beyond a few episodes to try it out, it bothers me how good of a design Spinel is. Like, that thing on the left is fucking hideous, and only looks worse next to Spinel. Why's she look so good?

S H E

C U T E

Attached: 2019-09-04 23_34_46-Windows Media Player.png (1331x929, 1000K)

YES

CUTE

Attached: EDrHunzU0AIgOhs.jpg (1200x676, 79K)

That's not one of her regular outfits if that makes you feel better.

>Connie barely in it
Good
>Lapis and Peridot don't do anything
I did miss Peridot but Lapis sucks
>No Jasper
Who cares?
>No lines for Lars
Lars was only interesting when he was in space
>Diamonds are ooc
It's been two years since they turned good. They were obviously going to be pretty different
>Spinel goes back
Okay yeah that was pretty disappointing
>No townies
GOOD
>No off-colors
GOOD
>Opal does nothing
She got to do a duet in one of the better musical numbers. That's not half bad.
>Pushing aside old characters
user, half of those characters sucked ass

at exactly 0:31 they do a cool thing you dont see a lot in animation where they overextend like usual and go into a hold but then they go back and forth between the hold and the overextend frame for a bit. It reminded me of Children of the Atom cause they do that with all the punches and kicks in that game and I love how it looks even though it makes the characters look rubbery which is likely why they dont do that for the other Vs Series games which came after even though they use the same sprites. Is neat.
youtube.com/watch?v=BFMFaPBk7KY&t=

>Love listening to Spinel's villain song
>TFW still don't care about Steven Universe

Fug.

I can't help myself

Attached: 1567718798630.gif (591x600, 79K)

I'm pretty sure Darkstalkers did something like that too.

I'm not a Stevonnie fan but at least Stevonnie is literally intersex so the non-binary part makes sense. With them and Smoky Quartz etc it's the only time it does.

Don't talk that way about Cotton Candy Garnet, she's supposed to be a bit of a muddle because that was when she became a fusion for the first time. Plus she's adorable.

>>Not a single off color speaks

That's why OP. Fucking garbage characters that nobody wants anything to do with.

This seems as good a place as any to post some screengrabs of animation smears and stills I grabed

Attached: eyes_0.png (1280x720, 394K)

Attached: two heads_0.png (1280x720, 566K)

Attached: multiple fists_0.png (1280x720, 622K)

holy fuck im depressed

That's as much as 7 full episodes of Steven Universe.

Because this one actually has somewhat of good reasoning. Spinel actually has a good reason to get pissed and it's fair and reasonable.

Attached: A586E9A0-D3E7-4A5D-99D2-CD85C9102549.jpg (1356x1500, 165K)

Animation is magical. Have enough knowledge about anatomy, timing, and movement and when you put drawings in the right place they actually make the whole thing better.

She WAS dumb, yeah. Past tense. Even Pearl made up the "transform into a Rose Quartz" idea at first, not her.

Attached: I think you're great.gif (892x563, 160K)

Let's go in the garden
>obvious
You'll find something waiting
>the madwoman
Right there where you left it
>for 6000 fucking years
Lying upside down
>both the flipped heart gem & “Standing on my head,” line at end
When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter
>flipped color pattern between forms
When you turn it around
Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays...

That's right I heard the story over and over again

>no townies or tertiary meme gems, minimal lapis/peridot/bismuth/connie secondary characters
these are good things, stupid.

Steven was pretty good this movie, I liked the "Change" song though "How did a powerless fool like you became the savior of the galaxy?" from Spinel was very forced. Why would she give a shit?

Attached: [Nutbladder] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 08 [EE069382].mkv_snapshot_19.08_[2012.11.28_00.24.02]. (1280x720, 105K)

Absolutely.

Attached: 1494912774411.png (1350x900, 309K)

Why does he actually look appealing here despite his monster smile?

>flipped color pattern between forms
No, it's just darker/lighter.

Sugar wrote the song about finding a stuffed toy rabbit she'd lost in her backyard a year later. It's tummy was lighter from the sun but otherwise it hadn't budged.

I doubt she wrote it to "foreshadow" this, but it's highly likely they were both inspired by the same experience.

The only good parts are the beginning and end everything else is shit.

thank you

>Fulfills her duties
>Never defeated
>Never mentioned again
What a scam

You sound like that tranny who writes that comic about his pokemon wanting to fuck him. It worked for what it was, a movie for kids.

I was kind of hoping something would come up with her and the Topazes, but at the same time I didn't mind too much. Once you see that she's just a Cirno reference you can't unsee it.

she might come back

I don't even think they really nailed Spinel, since they fell back on the same old tired "Hero and companion have a falling out right before the climax that's settled in the climax", you know, like fucking everything else. The fact they had to open up a gaping plothole just to not resolve her in the first five minutes after her appearance makes it even worse.

But SU fans generally don't care much about plot or consistency, so its not really made for someone who wants to keep thinking about a show after its over.

i think lapis initially had a pretty good reason to be pissed.

Could you imagine thinking was a bad thing and thinking your opinion matters

What plothole?

this show's final villain was a re-skin of Mr. Game & Watch
how barbaric

Woops internet fucked up for a bit there

You're not wrong

Attached: detahced extra hand_0.png (1280x720, 635K)

Where the hell did the get the injector drill thing? How'd she get ahold of it so soon after Steven's message? How'd she get it to earth? Why would such a device be filled with bio-poison, what's the point of it? Or if it's not normally filled with bio-poison, where did Spinel get THAT? Most importantly, how does Spinel even know how any of this equipment works or how to use it?

If it wasn't for the threat of the injector, the conflict is resolved as soon as Spinel gets hit with the reset scythe and the plot is over once Steven gets his friends' memories back.

>Hey you know that giant GEM DRILL that's killing our planet and pumping it full of death, the GEM WEAPON, that one?
>Heyyyy, remember when we establised at the beginning of the movie Steven can literally teleport to the diamonds right that fucking second, the Diamonds, who make GEM WEAPONS, and would maybe possibly know how to turn it off?
>Or just lift the thing with their GIANT HANDSHIPS
>And could probably you know tell them about Spinel and maybe even how to undo the reset on Pearl instead of hoping she comes back before everyone's dead?
>Because there's a time table and everyone's going to die and time is of the essence and we really need to stop that drill that the DIAMONDS use and he can talk to DIAMONDS who will do anything he says?
>Do you remember that?
If your answer was no, congratulations, you can write for Steven Universe.

Attached: just a cool pose_0.png (1280x720, 500K)

Blame (I don't remember who, Peridor or Lapis) for telling Steven that he has healing magic so it's up to him when he mentions visiting the diamonds.

I don't even care how she got it, the fact they pretended that there wasn't anyone else besides Pearl who could tell them about it or tell them how to turn it off is just insulting. They think you're so stupid you won't even ask it.

GOMU GOMU NOOOOOO

Attached: Luffy_using_King_Kong_Gun.png (1566x1260, 1.63M)

>final villain
>he hasn't heard

>Or just lift the thing with their GIANT HANDSHIPS
I'll say one thing in the movie's defense, Peridot warned that messing with the thing might cause it to explode. And she turned out to be right. The rest of your post stands though.

Wait what? Did I miss something? Did I miss them mentioning the Diamonds when Peridot was talking about the drill? I'm genuinely curious because I didn't hear that at all and if they did someone post what they said because its near impossible to justify not asking them to, at the very least, TURN IT OFF. Healing magic is nice but you need to TURN IT OFF first.

Attached: entire extra head_0.png (1280x720, 575K)

>show is hot garbage aside from greg and sometimes steven
>movie has the two of them and adds another good character
>waaaah waaaahhh why do people like it???

Attached: smear 1_0.png (1280x720, 287K)

Steven lifting it from the base didn't make it explode, Spinel punching it did. So long as the ships don't punch it, they would be completely fine. Actually I just realized they also could have asked the Cluster to do this. It too could not only have grabbed it, but contained any explosion. They literally just need to scream at the ground for give minutes and the situation resolves itself.

Man, this movie is STUPID when you think about it. Like painfully stupid.

Attached: shocked face_0.png (1280x720, 355K)

Attached: 958.png (680x573, 361K)

Attached: angry face_0.png (1280x720, 360K)

Attached: three extra eyes_0.png (1280x720, 245K)

>yfw you are the loser of the game they weren't even playing

No, they never once mentioned the diamonds, that user is either remembering wrong or otherwise, she mentions that they can't attack it or it would explode. Even if a character had said "Its up to him", thats even dumber because it literally isn't and they even show up at the end. Shit, they could have tied that all in, couldn't they? I mean I'm not a writer but I just realized we have a situation where the easy-fix-force is gone for all of the movie and then shows up at the end, why not have Steven warp to the Diamond's home and find them gone, and nobody knows where they are because they didn't tell anyone they were moving in with Steven? You set up the gag at the end right there and don't just kind of hope your audience is all 8 year olds that don't think about movies.

Attached: I'm pretty sure there's a canonical angel that's supposed to look like this_0.png (1280x720, 640K)

Attached: circle 2_0.png (1280x720, 664K)

>weren't even
it's "Didn't know they were playing"

Attached: circle 3_0.png (1280x720, 687K)

I'm done

Might make some webms, I dunno

Attached: pose_0.png (1280x720, 634K)

>Thrones are depicted as great wheels containing many eyes, and reside in the area of the cosmos where material form begins to take shape. They chant glorias to God and remain forever in his presence. They mete out divine justice and maintain the cosmic harmony of all universal laws.

If only Spinel also had the properties of both rubber AND gum! Then she would have surely won. But what to call such a power...?

Attached: 47ADA47E-5EF6-4CD3-A423-D0458B7D138B.png (250x141, 71K)

24:05 timestamp user. I don't blame you for missing it.

My first thought as well.

An original character study is better than focusing on seeing every character from the show saying their quip and doing their specual attack.

>plothole
>when the Diamonds could be the ones who gave it to her

kek

Spinel probably knew where were the other Pink’s “lost treasures”

>Pink Diamond is a black father confirmed

Does anyone have a version of Who We Are that includes Spinel's bit at the end?

Attached: Who.jpg (600x360, 23K)

Oh yeah, I'm sure they went immediately to trying to kill him and at no point did he even think to ask the seemingly repentent beings he saw 10 minutes ago if they had a ship on the way this whole time and holy fucking shit user you are some kind of desperate.

Think you meant to quote the guy above him.

This show ain't getting better any day, folks. Christina Miller is the one to blame. She took over the channel in July 2014. While some of SU's most noteworthy and dark eps came out a few months later, they were probably in production before Miller came in. By the time Season 2 started production, Miller decided to infantilize the channel, and SU ended up being affected by it. Season 1 to 6 of Adventure Time were made when Snyder was in charge. Say what you want about Snyder, but he did give more creative freedom to the shows airing at that point. It all makes sense.

they literally spent their entire budget on animating Spinel at a higher frame rate

not on writing, not on lore, but BOOP OOP BE DOOP rubberhose

Sure enough, Lapis mentioned he needed his healing powers.

Nobody mentioned turning the machine off though. Or just using them to help, and now we have this nonsensical line because yeah he has healing powers but White has mind control powers, or Gem control powers rather, and his issue is their minds are wiped. How is the writing so bad? No, seriously, how do you sit down at a computer, write that response, and someone doesn't look over it after you send it in and go
>Hey, Bekky? Did you mean to have them hurt instead of reset? Because you wrote their brains were messed up
Or you know also shouldn't you address the elephant in the room regarding the spinning death drill? How are you going to resolve that, exactly? Kissing. That's what she came up with.

I guess she just told everyone the show is for toddlers. No wonder Disney thought Lion Guard would be a huge hit.

Good writing is free if you actually have a good writer onboard.

Based

Why is this listed as a bad thing

Because Emerald is still out there.

>Is this the universal sign for "I got away with everything"

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.720p.HDTV.x264-MADRiD.mp4_snapshot_01.19.06_[2019.09.04_03.04.41].png (1280x720, 630K)

>Yeah, sorry.

Attached: peach.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

>"i fucked shit up, bad, but peeeace!"

Su is stolkholm syndrome. Of course a shit movie like it is going to get praise. Most people probably dont even know all of the writers like dude whi fucking abandoned his webcomic

Attached: A9B8B29D-1491-4292-9154-4F23E68D58D3.jpg (322x265, 30K)

There is nothing good to be found in this post.

>Steven and Spinel have their talk after the fight, she stays to help clean up the mess
>she still feels guilty and doesn't talk to anyone
>Beach City is fixed, and she goes to sulk alone
>Steven shows up and triess to talk her into befriending people, Spinel says she wants to find someone new to start over with
>THEN the Diamonds show up
>they recognize her for the times she did something that amused them, each one mentioning at least one moment
>they take her with them because they enjoy HER, more than they enjoy her connection to Pink
>movie ends the same way
All it would take is swapping the repair montage and when the Diamonds show up, with a little bit of dialogue changing to tidy it up
I know it's not going to happen, but I hope s6 touches on the Diamonds and Spinel's relationship with them. I just want her to be happy

>the part when she says "beat" instead of "meet"
Immediately sold. Good villain song.

Attached: 1395380964174.png (1280x720, 1003K)

And as it turns out, it exploding wasn't even a problem at all. Steven kept himself and Spinel safe and the poison apparently wasn't as potent as Peridot thought. That's my major issue with the movie honestly. They tried to set up that the injector dropping it's load would fuck the Earth completely but it does just that and Steven literally kisses it better. It doesn't even look like the poison spread past Beach City.

Anyone else seeing a fucked up thumbnail for this?

nope

Attached: 1476327145823.png (372x294, 122K)

I can't tell if it's 4channel™ screwing up or one of these
that's supposed to do that

I see it too

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Some green guy with heads floating around them, yes?

Where does she land in the suffering chart?

The "6000 years of suffering" rank

>Greg's final gambit is working.
>He might actually finish her off!

Attached: Greg decides to finish the job.png (592x541, 351K)

"Abandoned for the murdercock" tier

Attached: 76646572_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x1200, 759K)

>birthstone has all my fetishes in one package
Get out of my head Sugar

Attached: 1395818177561.gif (300x236, 2.61M)

That's probably why she committed suicide by murdercock

Attached: oh i destroyed her alright.png (680x1360, 398K)

Isn't that Jasper in the left?

Attached: There they are.jpg (1575x2100, 557K)

I see Rose as someone who was too beholden to her whims with no one able or willing to stop her, and never thought about the long term consequences of that. Her dying was just another whim. She had good intentions in the end but she was too careless.

>"I'll be right back Spinel, for real this time"
>immediately gets distracted and starts tongue fucking soil, completely forgetting about Spinel
SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS BROS
FUCK I JUST WANT TO GIVE HER A HUG

Attached: 1566182142220.png (275x369, 8K)

The fuck are your elf eyes seeing there?
Those are the zircons

Read his post again, you retard

Pretty sure this isn't even on Earth, it's another gem-controlled planet they cut to after showing Homeworld. It's probably just some other Jasper. Also you circled the wrong gems.

Why does "Drift Away" make me so sad bros? Fuck I wish I had someone to hold

Attached: given up.jpg (640x360, 23K)

Looks like that image was made when someone asked about the Zircons. Probably chose that because you can't really see the red circle with just a thumbnail.

Gooooooooook
Moooooooooot

Look to the LEFT of the Zircons and tell me what you see.

>TFW when no episode where it's just Spinel's palace life with no Steven around

Attached: 1567596779513.jpg (299x391, 58K)

She could have gotten a job at the pier.

>when obviously she didn't know shit would go down and she thought things for the most part were okay now
Things were pretty much under control at the beginning because the Gems knew how to stave off the small amount of monitoring Homeworld still did on Earth, until the incident with Lapis' Mirror and her return to Homeworld. She probably thought she was leaving Steven a relatively safe place to grow up.

What happened to the Rose Quartzes and the Zoomans?

>"Don't worry user's, I'll be riiiiight back!"
>List of Spinel appearances: Steven Universe The Movie.

Attached: 1567635905730.png (543x650, 206K)

I thought the movie was the series finale?

The amount she's gotten or the amount she deserves?

Like a 6.5 for the first.

10 for the second.

Anyone have an active Mega link? I checked the archive, but the links I found are dead

Nope. There's at least /something/ afterwords, evidence suggesting it's another season. What happens after THAT is up in the air.

It was a stretch

THE VILLAIN SONG SUCKS.

IT'S BAD. IT DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME ENERGY AS SPINELL. IT'S NOT INTERESTING. IT'S REPETITIVE AND BLAND.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How is no one talking about how Steven merged with his dad and became THE BOSS?

Attached: thefuckgreg.jpg (2505x1417, 133K)

>Greg Murdercock
>Steg Murdercocks

Attached: EDgwfi1UcAAyeEW.jpg (2048x2048, 341K)

Attached: 1d6.jpg (929x1280, 138K)

I'm partial to Steg MULTIVERSE myself.

None of SU's songs have any energy, half the time the singers are just talking to the beat

Season 6 episode most likely. From what I heard, they didn't know for sure they were GETTING a Season 6, and rushed to get their main conflict resolved by the end of Season 5. Now that they're in this position though, it gives them some interesting story potential to deal with. She talked in an interview about how "There are consequences" to the story so far and the Movie, so I believe what comes next will deal with some of the consequences of dismantling an intergalactic empire, as well as unfinished plot points.

Attached: YOUUU.gif (1210x649, 667K)

I get that nice hair on the back of my neck raising sensation at 00:31 when she says the "YOUUU" every single time.

>He's never listened to Other Friends
>He's never listened to No Matter What
>He's never listened to That's Who We Are

It gave us this.

And that is enough.

Attached: 1567476291883.png (857x654, 631K)

Truly his most perfect form.
He needs not no other.

Other Friends is a direct example of what I'm talking about.
They all have moments, but on the whole, SU's songs feel flat, it's like they're afraid to go all in, it feels like the music and singers are purposefully holding themselves back

This really is all we needed.

>SU's songs feel flat, it's like they're afraid to go all in, it feels like the music and singers are purposefully holding themselves back
Now there's a nebulous critique if I've ever heard one.

Attached: 1554148716494.jpg (480x480, 53K)

>holding themselves back

In Steven's case before the movie? Yeah actually. Now Zach can actually sing with his normal voice.

Singing in character or with an intonation doesn't necessarily mean you're holding yourself back. Rather, from some first hand opinions I've heard, it's occasionally the opposite.

Because she’s a rippoff design of every other popular character design. Mickey Mouse, mlatr, that one bitch from Sargent Frog, Harley Quinn... Rebecca can’t make a single original character so she just mashes characters she likes together in a fraken OC. Peridot is her version of fanfic zim verbatim.

Oh, and sonic eyebrows. Can’t forget those.

Opinion discarded

The final boss

S/A?

Spinelli is designed using the old school methods. She's a rubber hose throwback unlike everyone else who is calarts.

A thought occurs to me. Rubber hose style is literally better at doing what calarts is supposed to do than calarts is. And calarts was designed for it while rubber hose wasnt.

Naw man, she was dumb as hell until the day she died. Never had the sense to fix any of her past mistakes. And even on a smaller scale, she was perfectly willing to let human infants risk death for her own amusement a scant few years before spawning Steven.

something something everything is derivative of everything something something dichotomy rhetoric etc. Nothing is inherently original, it's all about how well someone 'spins the remix'.

Attached: 1551893477435.jpg (1029x1500, 878K)

Except Rebbeca literally cuts out pieces of her favorite characters and collages them into her “original” ideas. Peridot if literally her ACTUAL FANFIC version of him. Go read her teen fan fiction.

That's not a plot hole, that's just a blank to be filled in. They probably just cut the scene where she finds the stuff because they thought it wasn't necessary.

SU never prioritized explaining the science stuff, And That's A Good Thing

Maybe beaming to Homeworld takes too much time.

At full power he'd probably be an incredibly clutch utility fusion.
>buff/debuff
>full bard
>seducing the enemy if nothing else works

>that smile
>the feeling she must have knowing that she's going to be mind broken, and all of her memories will be reset and made dumb forgetting all her stress and giving in to the pleasure that await.

Attached: b26.gif (540x406, 1.85M)

And Superman takes inspiration from greek strongmen and Hercules, Jay GarricK literally has a hat of Hermes. HERCULES WAS INSPIRED BY GILGAMESH.

Attached: 1531025742058.jpg (736x1153, 145K)

I imaged that 'biopoison' or whatever it was called was deadly in the same way that heavy metals are deadly. In that, while it would take forever for this one semi-truck sized vat of liquid to spread through the planet, there would be nothing on the planet that could fix it and it would ooze out until eventually everything is dead.
Steven having special pd healing powers isn't something that would normally be taken into account.
Even that is a huge baseless stretch, and there are many other problems still with the logic of the movie.
The one I found most glaring is the decision to wait until the concert to try and fix pearl when there is a supposed end of the world time limit going on. Just play the song in the storage unit or something, steven.

> I expected better from an SU MOVIE
gave me a good chuckle op

Taking inspiration from something doesn't really count if you're absolutely awful at it and miss the entire point of what you're being inspired by

Attached: Critical Hit KO.png (1366x1536, 1.51M)

Semantics, you basically admitted that it's all up to being bias. And it is.

best post in the thread

Attached: laughinCatsCommunism.jpg (574x385, 38K)

>It's the classic case of a single character carrying everything, a great character trapped in a terrible show
So you're retarded.

>no Connie, no Lars, no retarded townies
>shit gems either don't show or have low impact
>lots of Pearl, Garnet, and Spinel because their VAs can actually sing, even Amethyst gets a good song
>Steg
The best SU has been since S1.

Attached: Crystal Gems.png (1182x636, 450K)

Don't forget:

>older Steven is just so TIRED of his mom's bullshit and it's great
>Zach can finally use his natural singing voice which sounds great
>Found as a song works so good because you can SEE that even though they're singing the same song they mean completely different things
>Steven indicates the outer universe, all the potential people she could find and learn to love, Spinel keeps her gaze directly on Steven the entire time showing the Universe she actually wants

>PD is an even bigger shit than we thought possible
>NO ONE is mad at Spinel for doing the shit thing she did out of anger because she's running on recent, raw emotion

Attached: PD was the WORST.png (1920x1080, 762K)

Apart from the ooc diamonds, everything you mentioned was good. Cramming a bunch of characters in would have made the movie 10 times worse.

>that voice
>those sexy motions
>the tease
>that hair
Steven got a bit of a chub here, didn't he?

Attached: If that's your kink.webm (1920x1080, 2.33M)

sugar is a fucking hack

Attached: Jeff_the_Killer.jpg (2000x1713, 223K)

Keke

>How'd she get ahold of it so soon after Steven's message?
She had to be preparing for that moment for 2 years.
>I've heard the story over and over again
>over and over again

>no townies
>no background shitters
>no Lars
That’s EXACTLY why it was good! Town bullshit has already held the show back immensely. Without them we can focus on the actually decent bit of the show.

I know I did

She was still in that spot in the garden up until she heard Steven's message, and it hasn't been 2 years since he put out that message it's been 2 years since Change Your Mind. The message was in the present.
The best plausible explanation that isn't complete bullshit that the crew could come up with is that the events that transpire after he comes home, at the beginning of the movie, plus the retrospective musical happen in the span of a few days up until that point where they lay on the grass.

Attached: doversmear-580x326.jpg (580x326, 56K)

Was it specifically clear that she left the garden only that they only when she heard that message? I don't think it was. It makes more sense if it wasn't. The final message might just be what made her realize "finally he's back home and without the diamonds, now I can trap him there"

>Was it specifically clear that she left the garden only that they only when she heard that message?
yes we very specifically see she's been glued to the ground after staying still for so long, she literally hadn't moved an inch until she saw Steven's message
over and over again just means she watched that message repeatably which is probably why had such a clear understanding on the situation (like recognizing that Steven is Pink's "son" which is a concept that would be hard to grasp for most gems)

That ain't Kevin's actual smile ya idiots

Attached: 35ab7b06e58f856fb9b8e5a7b3e9ad07.png (640x360, 179K)

Anta baka?

This is my fetish

I honestly think a creator fails when the only thing that keeps someone from watching a show is a single character. Especially when said character isn’t one of the protagonists

You literally see she still had the vines wrap her legs up when the message pops up on the thing, then breaks free of them. Days passing by from his message until they lie on the grass, rather than hours like it seems, is the only good explanation. That would give Spinel enough time to get the shit, find out what happened to Pink as there are likely records of it in Homeworld's data and about the humans and what a "son" is.
Given that she was Pink's personal playmate and the diamonds made sure she was a perfect cut, it's likely Spinel was something akin to an "elite", a title you'd see in hierarchical empires, which would easily give her access to all of that.

Attached: 1567468835669.png (754x767, 280K)

The only problem I have with this explanation is that Steven is still stressed even though it's been days. I know days might not be enough, but I think his reactions make more sense if it's only been a few hours.

>Steven had to deal with more bullshit from his mother off-screen.
Could work either way but you're likely correct.

Stressed?
Are you sure we're talking about the same scene, they were all chill lying on the grass

good post user
any more analysis of that scene so far? i am trying to get into animation

>forever compaining no villain songs on su
>sugar hears and fucking delivers

Attached: 1548268227727.jpg (1280x1506, 309K)

what are you even talking about? calarts doesn't mean bad.

Reminder that Steven never hugged Spinel

Attached: 1567631188367.png (1920x2157, 1.67M)

every fucking time i forget this fact someone brings it back up.
why am i so pissed about a fictional character not getting a hug?

Most people's perception of the "cal arts" style is just "shitty sjw tumblr art"

>interact with only townies
yeah no thanks

true most people on this board are morons

i got mad when he ignored amnesia spinel
it's not her fault, she literally doesn't remember doing anything wrong

Attached: 1385341375594.png (285x276, 65K)

Don't worry user I will reminder every single thread

Attached: 1557440327327.png (386x396, 112K)

>before the movie: steven had better nut up and kill this villain or SU is a baby show for babies
>after the movie: steven should have hugged the villain, what the fuck steven

i love proof that Yea Forums has no idea what the fuck it wants

Attached: 1548720542569.gif (540x303, 199K)

At least we agree that rose was a shitty fucking person and deserved the murdercock.

Your post is proof that you're a dumbass and a newfag.
You think anybody expected her to be a 10/10 qt and the best character in the entire series before the movie came out?

We’re very tsundere

all the villains are fucking cute on this show what's your point

We didn't expect the villain to be this good

And? Stevonnie isn't the only thing in this show.

>Lapis and Peridot don't even sing or have any relevance to the plot just like CYM
Guess they are saving them for the next season.

>No Jasper at all
How is Jasper relevant to this plot?

Would be too many plots if every background character had to have thing in this movie

Some time have passed and they have grown into their new roles... did seem a bit creepy with how they were lusting for Steven.

Thank god she did, would be way to annoying if she was a regular in the next season.

Do you really want another Major Dewey episode?

Was disapointing, but guess they are saving them for the next season.

Atleast she got to sing with Steg. But could have been used better in the movie.

>putting pre-established characters on the wayside in favor of expanding on the new shinies
Would be waaay too many things going on to give everyone a role in the movie.

being nicer to amnesia spinel probably would have made her come around faster when she got her memory back too
god damn it lol

Blue Diamond is adorable.

We wanted her dead before she wound up being fun as fuck and another person who got screwed over by Pink

>all the villains are fucking cute
Debatable, I found them decent at best except Lapis if you considered her as an antagonist. Spinel is leagues better than all the other characters, antagonist or not. Why would you think anybody would want someone like that to die, have you not seen the multitude of threads dedicated to her?

Well, maybe the garden had a storage shed? Having a weapon to wipe all life in the garden if it was ever needed would make sense.

Maybe the Rejuvenator was also there specifically to be used on Spinel.

>Yea Forums
speak for yourself faggot, I thought nothing about the villains here

Highish suffering score, low deserving score

god, that ending blew chunks. I hate it so much. immediately after they work everything out, spinel says "I HAVE TO GO NOW, MY PLANET NEEDS ME" and just like that, any chance of her appearing again aside from a background character just disappears. fuck, I was all on board with watching the new season thats coming out, but I doubt I will enjoy it as much now that I know how it's going to be.

I want art of Punished Spinel wearing various cute clothing. Dresses, casual, etc.

Attached: 1562107696738.jpg (258x585, 43K)

>villains should be treated with the benefit of the doubt and compassion
wow, steven really did teach everyone empathy. good job sugar

Attached: spinel is suffering.jpg (2405x2858, 686K)

Because nobody expected Spinel to be so loveable, endearing, tragic, and sexy

They told you in the beginning. Everyone Believes In Steven.

>tatsu
based taste

I remember when Yea Forums was love

There’s a planet sized difference between three fascist dictators who’ve killed billions and, like, a toy that got treated like absolute dirt by an asshole for thousands of years.

spinel was gonna kill billions of humans

Does anyone have a gif or a webm of Spinel flicking Pearl's nose

Does anyone have a gif of Steven going 'YOU!' It was the funniest scene in the movie for me.

Attached: (you).gif (540x304, 1.33M)

thank (you)!

Attached: Your new best friend.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>white diamond background
>20s theme
>white bodice

white made her, maybe?

Attached: 1325.webm (1920x1080, 363K)

thanks

She was forgotten by PD, so she wanted everyone but a diamond to forget that Steven existed. The ultimate fuck you to everyone who hurt her.

Attached: 1428651672513.png (263x244, 23K)

And we saw her come to the realization that it was a very bad idea while questioning her own motives and her entire life's purpose.
>What am I doing? Why do I want to hurt you so bad? I'm supposed to be a friend. I just want to be your friend.
Meanwhile, the diamonds have been genociding most of the universe for as long as they've been existing.

Attached: shot0013.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

>no human characters except maybe greg for a new fusion/transportation
perfect
>no new gems except the core and the villain
amazing
>diamonds are big titty milfy aunts who just want to smother the MC with love
great
>Opal returns only to sing
that's all I could have asked for

OP made this thread thinking she was smart, but no, she detailed why this movie is so good

she only gave a fuck about the planet being destroyed and all those people dying because it would mess with her new friend steven's 'happily ever after'

spinel will fit right in with the diamond sociopath brigade

>tfw no obedient rebooted Pearl
It hurts

imagine being this weak

Even if that were true, who cares. She's the best waifu the show produced, by far.

It's not my fault if in God's plan,
He made the boner so much stronger than a man

Attached: 1553528958923.jpg (366x527, 104K)

It’s logical. She used the rejuvenator on the others, and disabled his gem so he wouldn’t be able to survive her injector.

I think her plan was to be reset so she couldn’t be talked round into helping him out. Which is why Spinel flips out when she does help him and feels like he’s immediately ditched her.

It explains a lot.

>spinel knows her main programming is to be a friend to pink diamond so she fights it by gag ordering herself
i hope this was intentional. it's fucking brilliant

Attached: tumblr_ozqxzeiUTn1w5jaiho3_1280.png (1280x800, 472K)

Spinel is all about empathy. That’s why she makes a good friend. She was never given the chance to be anything other than a toy to Pink Diamond. If PD actually confided in her “toy” that toy would probably give some major insight and cause PD to think “oh shit”.

It would be interesting if Spinel was the catalyst that made PD want to start the war and liberate the gems. But nah, she’s just a cunt and Spinel gets a handwavy goodbye that solves literally none of her character flaws.

idk, i think that's a bit too nice.

what would be interesting is if spinel met rose and pink actually realised she had feelings

The movie should have been titled "Steven Universe - Story of Spinel"

You're complaining about the thing that makes sense. She is a simple minded toy that was twisted and broken. She LITERALLY didn't know what she was doing.
Here's her complete plan.
>go to pink's planet
>complete her assignment
>reset pink's new friends
>reset pink
>now everyone can be friends again
Things just got out of hand.

I'm upset that she knows way too much. I get that for the sake of the movie they took away her alien behaviors and speech patterns that all new gems had previously, but she has no reason to know all the things that she does.

she explicitly says 'i came here to take my anger out on a bunch of strangers, but now i met you, i want to kill you even more!'

>she is a simple-minded toy
Did you even watch the movie

We didn't think she'd end up being a really fun and tragic character.
Like, she's really entertaining to watch whether she's being happy and bouncy or manic and depressed.
All that on top of being another poor soul fucked over by Pink Diamond.

>Oh you’re so protective of your real friends, but so CARELESS with your fake ones!
God damn that was so perfect. Steven’s “stop it!” sounded like the sort of stop it that really means “Fuck, ya got me”

>if that's your thing, why don't you leave her like this?
i liked the callback to white's speech about how pink liked surrounding herself with inferiors so she's the best of the worst. i can only pray they will actually do something with this idea

>>she
>thinking women use Yea Forums

Felt more like when Greg asked Amethyst to stop in Maximum Capacity

>You know this is pretty twisted but I get wet at the thought of you holding me down and using me like a different kind of toy, while I was the old me
>innocent
>loving
>cute and funny

Attached: 1567477931167.png (405x626, 421K)

Yes, and he was stressed right before that and went back to being stressed right after that.

Pink Diamond abandoned Spinel for Earth. She ended up being super protective of Earth. Steven being protective of Earth and Garnet is him being more like PD than he realises, which is why Spinel is only too happy to destroy it.

Imagine if Spinel chillingly says “Oh Steven, you remind so much me of your mother!” when she says how protective he is.

I just don't understand the point of this movie. What was the message? Why did this story had to be told?
I thought the message was going to be you can't make everybody change their mind, but they ended up repeating the point of the finale. I actually prefer the finale.

even if you are very fucked up, you can still change and have a better life

You can’t always save people. But sometimes, they can save themselves if they want.

Why does there have to be a message?
A message or a morale isn't the only reason you tell a story.

>everything has to have a message or has to have a reason to be told
Fuck off.

Besides the message is don’t abandon your kids because they will take a long time to recover and likely do some fucked up, self-destructive shit during their lives.

What’s going on here?

Attached: 426F85B0-C92A-46C0-A2F4-4872170F1D1E.jpg (1080x628, 95K)

There's no such thing as happily ever after, you'll always have more work to do

It literally is. Most stories have several messages even if they are subtle.

>It literally is
Is it? I assume you have convened psychically/spiritually with every writer ever, then?

You're a retard and I'm not in a good enough mood to explain why. Stay ignorant

Here’s my story. Penguin took a shit on a owl.
There, figure my message out.

I think the message of your story is that not all stories have a message. Pretty good message in my opinion.

Wrong!

Learn to take care of the people you leave behind

Spinel was great and all, but how did we end up with a sloppily rushed final season followed by an unrelated movie? Could they not have held out on the show and then wrapped things up properly with the movie?

>that facebook filename or whatever it is
>ifunny
>signing their name on a fucking screenshot
Your post is cancer, that's what's going on

Attached: 1567671336631.png (373x326, 137K)

It’s like a Dragon Ball thing.

Yes it does

>BE NOT AFRAID

It wasn't the final season, the show is still continuing. They're being weirdly vague about it, saying how it's so very different than what the show was like so far and so very special, they're not calling it season 6 in fact they're not calling it anything, everybody else is calling it season 6 for convenience's sake.
Point is there will be more but they're being fucking annoying about it. Maybe they'll stop being little shits and actually reveal something at NY comic con

The filename is telling of a mobile upload, which should tell you all you need to know

I thought that this was strongly implied

no, it means popular. every disney movie is calarts.

interesting since white thought all pink was weak garbage

No, it means bad.

the word bad means good then
words mean nothing

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-RCVR.mkv_snapshot_00.14.14_[2019.09.05 (1920x1080, 1.96M)

No, just bad.

The message was don't abandon your Spinel.

>the Spinel was inside us the whole time and we abandoned her
Fuck

Spinel is proof that Yea Forums is extremely reactionary and will flock to the latest thing.
People saying Spinel is "the best character from the entire series" is so dumb. She´s fine, but she isn´t the best. Other characters in this show had a bunch of episodes and 5 seasons to develop and grow, and now some little shit with a sad backstory is better than them?
Her backstory is literally the dog from Futurama and she´s redeemed via song TWICE. The entire third act is a gigantic waste of time where Steven and Spinel walk around the solution they already figured out. And for all the talk about "change" and how people need to make an effort to better themselves, Spinel did NO effort, and for her attempt to murder Steven and all life on Earth she´s literally handed to the Diamonds where she lives happily ever after. The message and themes of the movie make no sense for the character.
She´s also a fucking anomaly because she prepared for her revenge in the span of 10 minutes. 10 minutes is all it took for some forgotten gem left in a garden for 6000 years to change her form, figure out how to use her powers for combat, plan her revenge, steal an injector, figure out how to use it, steal the scythe, learn how to use it, get Earth coordinates and arrive there. That´s stupid.
They could have made this make sense if she saw the message 2 years ago at the end of CYM, but no, it took less than an hour for her to prepare for everything. Which even makes her song confusing.
>I´ve heard the story over and over again
How? You just heard it this morning. Once.
I mean, she´s not shit, but she´s certainly not the best character. People just flock to her because it´s the newest character that has a good song and is animated well. Once S6 has a new villain, people will forget Spinel and praise that one instead.

Attached: 1566824158485.jpg (849x1200, 116K)

Attached: 1558643078532.jpg (960x720, 271K)

She said it herself she had it on repeat.

>Yea Forums is one person
>Yea Forums is a hive mind
>Yea Forums should only react to things in the way I demand
Faggot

How did she got it on repeat if they cut the line.

Read the fucking thread and watch all the other threads that talk about her. It´s not literally everyone, it never is, but there´s a lot.

How would I know?

It's a Jasper on the far bottom left, yeah.
What's more interesting though is that she appears to be standing next to a Lapis.
Coincidence?

It's almost like people changed their mind about Spinel post-facto because they weren't expecting her to be as good as she was. Imagine being so retarded that you insist nobody is allowed to change their mind.

It was pink diamond's personal garden paradise. I'm sure she could recover the transmission.

You're right, good on you for being able to analyze media you watch like a normal person instead of being a mindless autist who can't digest anything past waifus and pretty colors.

>Other characters in this show had a bunch of episodes and 5 seasons to develop and grow
This being true doesn't make Spinel not the best character.

>nooo the other pretty colours were on the screen longer than means they are de facto betterer REEEEEEEEE
lol

This. Don't be complacent in what you've got, stay on your toes, because change is a constant that will never go away.

Maybe she HAS been preparing for 2 years and the message she talks about isn't the same one we see at the start of the film

>6000 year old garden that was abandoned can recover the cut transmission
That is so stupid that it would actually fit in the SU world.
And even then, like I said, 10 minutes.

Yeah, a videophone is one thing but recording what it receives? That's answering machine level technology, and answering machines didn't exist 6000 years ago.

Nope. At the beggining of the film they foreshadowed Spinel´s backstory.

Attached: spinel foreshadowing.jpg (1182x714, 94K)

Oh.

Time space relativity or something.

This is what kills me about the "change" message in the movie. Steven´s complaint about things changing from his "happily ever after" ISN´T wrong. It´s not like he´s mad about Connie leaving, or because now gems are in beach city. He´s mad that some psycho came to his town and is trying to destroy all life on earth. That´s not a change you should be okay with, it´s something that you should fix. And he did! So the change message doesn´t apply to him.
And it doesn´t apply to Spinel because her anger comes from change. She changed from the good natured girl she was to a psychopathic bitch. And by the end of the movie, she goes back to being the good natured girl she was. So she changed, and then changed back, and that proves that change is good?
Also, how fucking hilarious is it that after the "there are no happy endings line" there´s the biggest golden ending of them all.

Attached: 1567005748590.jpg (2000x1499, 266K)

Things are always changing dude, nothing is stable, happily ever afters don’t exist, because that means life will always be good. And it won’t. You’ll have good times, great wonderful times, but you’re gonna face problems,and you can’t stop change but what you can do is make good changes while dealing with the bad ones.

the beginning future song may have been a few-day long montage

That's why she's still laughing as her bisected halves slide apart, it was a suicide mission that succeeded.

>And by the end of the movie, she goes back to being the good natured girl she was.
No she doesn't. That would be the case if she was reset again.

The point isn't that you should be okay with bad changes, but that you should accept them to find a solution

The message wasn't there are no happy endings. Just no happily ever after. You can have a good thing but there will always be new shit to deal with so that you can hold onto it

I hope we get an official explanation for it.

I don’t think that was it. I feel she reset herself for herself. To go back to when she was innocent. Earth dies and she can start anew.

If Garnet hadn't got her memories back at that precise moment, Steven snapped the Rejuvenator and basically proved that Spinel was wrong he wasn't going to hurt her. This was such a good opportunity to get both characters to talk things out a lot more and would perhaps have made her vitriol at the end more saddening as it shows Steven really is trying to get through to her and not just because he wants to get her to fuck off 5 mins later.

>He´s mad that some psycho came to his town and is trying to destroy all life on earth. That´s not a change you should be okay with, it´s something that you should fix.
This. Thing is that they could have told the story better. If the reason that Spinel is successful in poisoning the Earth and resetting the Crystal Gem is that Steven let his guard down, they could have made it so that:
>Steven has left on a space adventure with Connie and left the Earth unprotected for many months
>When they return to Earth, they discover that somebody has poisoned Earth and reset everybody's memories. There is also this strange new gem. Spinel who is fond of Steven
>now there is a mystery
>Spinel's involvement would be treated as a twist

This user says it better. It's not that there's no "happy endings," it's not treating your life like everything's set now when things can always go wrong. You have to be adaptable.

The point is don't obsess about one person. Friends drift apart, and is a natural part of life. Don't ever wait for one person to come by. Make your own family. Be comfortable with yourself , and he independent with other people. The truth is not everyone is going to like you but you have to face the true kind of love instead of your incel close minded reality

Spinel alone was more than enough to make the movie worth watching, I don't like SU but Spinel a cute, too bad she fucked off so I can't go back to watch SU.

Why are people saying Spinel will never return because her VA is too expensive? She may be a Broadway actress, but SU was her first major foray into voice acting, so it's possible she enjoyed it so much she will do it for fun. A lot of "mainstream" actors voice on cartoons for little pay because they really enjoy it.

Adam DeVine was not paid a lot to voice Pizza Steve, for example.

>Pink did change
Not really she just finally realized that she was destructive and decided to commit suicide by birth.
Even after becoming Rose and meeting Greg Rose was mostly motivated by hedonism.

All she really needed was a sincere and pure hug, but no one, absolutely fucking no one not even Steven hugged her.

The world is a cold place

Attached: 3259735g798.png (937x387, 224K)

Attached: DE91AC2A-F9D8-4483-97D1-AC8B75410553.jpg (1054x1438, 284K)

I want Steg Multiverse to fuck me through the floor.

Out of some sort of psychopathic lash out against being abandoned. Much more forgivable and way easier to rehabilitate an emotionally deranged person than the dictators of heavily stratified society built on a brutal, uncaring caste system and omnicidal expansion.

perfect

It was justified. I've thought about it for less.

I can kinda get that I guess. But I think they should have at least teased that there´s some other enemy out there or some gem-human conflict brewing in Earth to really drive the point home. It doesn´t have to be S6 related, just something that indicates "it´s not over yet, and it never will"
Yes, conflicts are never over, but as it is right now, nothing is threatening Steven´s life anymore, and the characters end in the same position they were at the beginning. Beach City is even rebuilt.
She´s not reset to be that way, but she does go back to being a nice person again. She even starts juggling as she did back in the day, and is going back to her old job of entertaining diamonds.

He literally said he’ll always have more work to do.

Lapis water escape plan was gonna take all water from earth and the diamonds have killed trillions of beings throughout space. Steven has a bad habit of making friends with awful people and letting them get away with it.

Not bringing Spinel is what resulted in the war, because she only went to visit the kindergarden after claiming she was bored. If she brought Spinel she wouldn't be bored and therefore wouldn't go visit earth.

She's going back to it because that's when she was happy. The diamonds are doing the same. It's not a healthy approach, and it's more than likely going to blow up in their faces, but it's realistic.

God damn I love all her expressions. Especially her angry or mocking ones.

Attached: db949b456555871ce2376c48cea1e86a.png (1042x952, 467K)

They did a great job with her faces in this, like every frame is a new screencap-able face.

Attached: 6b9bbb0705c5faa01c7bc95df4b89bc4.png (710x706, 344K)

She's not forgetting her past though. She's just moving on from Pink.

Didn't even give her a nice hug, dammit Steven

Attached: 1567556028959.png (673x542, 21K)

Attached: 046C3FA8-A4BD-4440-A948-6CD253AFD26E.jpg (850x872, 214K)

Attached: bac5189e115577ada90e736176d7a0fa.png (618x655, 304K)

Attached: 1567715113793.png (880x685, 375K)

Yes, that's it. Post more Spinels.

Attached: 05a9a39ec6e537fdeb9f4b56ede4533c.png (686x740, 338K)

The whole part from when she's teasing Steven with reset-Garnet, up until the fight ends is boner inducing

Just wanted her to get Steven to ravage Garnet while she schlicks herself

>Just a little lick, Steven. You won't even taste anything!

Attached: ae999fa352cf9a252a3cabca12e130b2.png (1010x664, 616K)

Attached: getfukt.png (824x438, 148K)

>Rape

Attached: 97d551c4d9cca7903fb1e29f065bbbd5.png (803x446, 368K)

That's the deep lore. We're taking the term "Fairy Tale" to its rather moronic logical conclusion

>Why is this movie getting praise?

Off the top of my head:
>Spinel
>Connie barely in it
>Spinel
>No Stevonnie
>Lapis and Peridot don't have any relevance to the plot
>No Jasper at all
>Spinel
>Lars is just a bg character
>Spinel

Attached: EDuKbX0XUAEEeoF.jpg (629x536, 87K)

Between Gog Agog and Spinel, 2019 really is shaping up to be the Year of the Clussy.

Attached: 1557727623730.png (2700x4000, 1.96M)

Everybody making this kind of stuff, where that sweet vanilla art of Steven and Spinel engaging some hard, deep lovemaking in the missionary position while kissing and holding hands?

Attached: 1567472392700.png (640x360, 249K)

We need a fusion. Who else wants to see Goginel?

What's in the box?

Attached: 1667894386.png (1920x1080, 892K)

another spinel

Sex toys.

Did you hear Pearl's verse in Happily Ever After? Because I felt like that was the hardest Deedee's gone in the entire series.

Movie would have been 10x better if this happened.

Attached: 1447147350644.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Glad to hear season 6 is on its way, could you link me to the confirmation of s6? I wanna rub this is naysayer's faces.

Its Steven Universe 's version of dbz Tree of Might

I found this moment dumb. Why would she refer to Steven as savior and hero of the universe?

There's no official confirmation but they keep saying that something is coming and the SU is not over. We also know that the VAs are still working there so that eliminates the idea that it's some comic like Adventure Time. They have a NY comic con panel so we could find out more about it there

>Sarah Stiles is on the panel
Holy fuck can you imagine the hype of Yea Forums if this happens

It's been a while since the last recording session actually, and Zach is on vacation now, they could be nearly done with the last season.

Attached: 20190906_135211.jpg (2896x2896, 388K)

Because he's been liberating colonies for two years, becoming a peaceful revolutionary of Gem society?

Or maybe they're just taking a break.

Plus she's also mocking him. And said "galaxy" not "universe"

Sounds like someone has a bimboification fetish...

Attached: 1557579561695.png (1207x1080, 528K)

Attached: 1490979905834.jpg (1047x848, 149K)

Good filename

HUMONGOUS GEMBO MOMMIES

Neither did leg spaceships?

That presents an amusing scenario.
>all Gem territories have a routine maintenance schedule
>the same Peridot doesn't have the permit to repair stonework, but can upgrade comms
>every century or so she goes to Pink's garden
>slowly watching Spinel's smile and optimism go
>"Still playing?"
>"Y-Yeah... pretty I'm sure I'm winning! Or losing!"

>"Well good luck with that"

Attached: peridot disgust.png (504x720, 182K)

>next visit Spinel is not there
>"Oh, I guess she left. Maybe she won."
>"..."
>"...It is so lonely here now."

living alien gems don't exist either

>Connie barely in it, no Stevonnie
>Why is this movie getting praise?
You answered your own question op

>that Peridot learns of what that lonely Spinel tried to do to Steven
>aghast
...and so a Gem finally learns what it feels like for someone you know turning out to be a school shooter.

They actually don't. 'Most stories' happen to have a recurring theme, and people like to make up their own message and project it onto what they saw.

>steven put away the mr. universe shirt and his mother's other stuff
oh.

I thought Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl were getting new outfits to differentiate between pre-timeskip flashback and regular episodes but apparently they didn't need to change them this time

They literally spell it out for you in a song, you daft cunt

damn, pearl looks like that?!

Attached: EDtw2zOXoAMEjb-.png (763x470, 270K)

leggings are flattering

Attached: 1567714620402.png (1602x1100, 38K)

Hey, does anyone have that image of how Jasper sees the Crystal Gems? It's fanmade, I forget what she saw everyone as, but I think Pearl was just a vacuum or something like that.

Why didn't Steven get the other diamonds to the remove the injector, then deal with the reset later? It's not like he was incapable of using the launch pads.

Attached: CBDVnkfUYAAeazN.jpg (480x352, 40K)

>Why didn't Steven get the other diamonds to the remove the injector, then deal with the reset later?
Lapis says "don't you think we thought of that?" and Peridot explains that jostling the injector could cause it to dump all at once or explode.

same reason they didn't ask the diamonds about spinel despite her obviously being pink's possession. steven is kinda dumb for plot reasons a lot.

>cause it to dump all at once or explode
But that doesn't matter evidently

You'd have a point if the thing didn't literally explode at the end of the movie anyway. The Diamonds would probably have a more indirect way of removing the injector anyhow

The pink jacket.

The same reason he didn't ask another gem to bubble Spinel.

What if Steven sent Spinel to live with you instead of the diamonds? What hi-jinks do you think will ensue?

How long does it take to travel from HomeWorld to Earth using the Diamond spaceships? What about the warp? How much time passes between Spinel hears the news and her coming to Earth?
After answering all these questions, the final question is, did anyone have enough time to travel back and forth?

she'd be like 'geez, you should get out more'

>How much time passes between Spinel hears the news and her coming to Earth?
she had a training montage

That's a great low key touch, kinda sad

Where did Spinel get the injector and the rejuvinator?

What other weapons of mass destruction is Rose hiding that could come back to bitchslap Steven in the future?

Attached: EDzfGtyUEAAcwla.jpg (1920x1051, 101K)

Probably just gave it to his dad.

Not
>geez yoo should get aht moah, user
>spinel leave me be pls i am tired
>but you woke up ovah an hour ago
>i am not tired physically
>oh my gahd you gottah be kiddin' me, THIS is the new best friend Steven promised?
>y-yeah i guess
>frikkin dammit, user, you and I are going to the arcahde to shoot some skeeball
>no pls
>it's too late, her arms are wrapped around you and you're being dragged out of the door, still in your undies
>SPINEL I AM STILL NAKED
>nevah mind, shoulda thought about that, "friend"
>...

The flag is gone too.

spinel is reasonable, she'd at least let you get dressed first. and wear a complimentary outfit so you look great.

she pulled them from her gem, hammerspace style

it's interesting she has that function, since it's implied to be the point of a pearl.

No, other gems can store stuff. At least, Garnet's always summoning those same dumb goggles.

i thought those were just clothing she manifested on.

she's reasonable until you're unreasoanble
>you gonna stop whining yet, user?
>yes fine
>ok!
>she lets you down with unexpected gentleness and sends her arms slithering across the ground back the way you came
>what are you doi-
>shhhh
>...
>soon her arms come back; she has a handful of clothes and a toothbrush and paste
>get dressed
>ok
>you look at your clothes; they're scratched and dusty
>couldn't you have held my clothes in the air?
>no

And that's a bad thing because?

>109841580
it's wrong anyway. nanafua has lines.

It was early season 1 so it might not count, but she also summoned some kind of key to open that pyramid temple.

thanks

And? Spinel's a toy she made for pink, so being pink would make her innofensive in her eyes, she had every reason to make her that colour.

true
pearl talked about her as thought it was ideal to have a pink one

gave it to pearl

>How long does it take to travel from HomeWorld to Earth using the Diamond spaceships?
One hour

prove it

It took one hour for Pink's ship to reach homeworld in season 5.

My complaint is that Spinel somehow got TnJed, yet what Spinel went through is enough to make a person completely omnicidal as a way to relieve their frustration. After you are done crying all you feel is uncontrollable rage and kill the nearest thing you see.

They were essentially gardening tools so I'm just going to assume they were in a gigantic space shed near the garden unless I'm told otherwise

how do you know it was 1 hour

I like this explanation, at least when it comes to the injector.

whoever made this well done.

She wasn't Talk no Jutsu'd, she succumbed to her own cognitive dissonance and gave up. She wanted to kill Steven and smacked him around a few times, but she ran out of steam because he's not Pink Diamond and ultimately she had a new chance to be someone's friend like she was created to be.

this
at the end of the day she was still created to make friends happy. she turns on steven like a dime.

>This thing wipes memories but it doesn’t work too well
>It can still cut plants and shit right? Throw it in the shed with the weed killer

I can see it

>gems have such little concept of life forms their idea of gardening is injecting poison into a planet until surviving protozoa turn back into algae and then into complex flora

what was the point of the tie in comic that had some heart shaped device that looked exactly like spinel's gem but was actually just a lead in to townie shit? why was that a thing?

The comics aren't canon. They're confirmed by the crewniverse to be fanfics written by literal whos with no access to spoilers or association with the show's writers. The heart shaped object from the harmony core comic didn't have the same facets as spinel's anyways, people who wanted it to tie in to the movie were reaching.

So it mostly featured the main 4 and a charming villain with cool animation and that's a bad thing to you?

Hey, I guess even on homeworld they have to make "temporary" hacks to deliver on time

It's the same reason. Just different ways of being forgotten.

The other ones even had better reasoning because they thought Steven WAS Rose where as Spinel acknowledged he wasn't and wanted to destroy the parts of him that weren't along with the earth.

And then in the end this solution is "Well you're needy and they're needy lets put you all together to get out of my hair."

Wow Steven's no different than his mom.

This show is fucking demented.

>109815155
>No Jasper at all
based Rebecca
are these supposed to be bad things?

Attached: 1519487700009.jpg (1157x772, 109K)

I agree, even as Rose she was a hedonist. And I do think she actually wanted to off herself. But she did have many, many regrets.

... Guess I might have to draw that myself. Oh boy.

Attached: flustered spinel.png (646x492, 21K)

Can a draw/animatorfag do the Pearl orgasm but with Spinel?

Attached: gazapprove.png (543x717, 510K)

What enter the florpus any good?

I think that's supposed to be the point. Having it all dump out at once actually saved the Earth, but made it all concentrate on one location IE Beach City.

There's gotta be a reason it was taking so long to do it. Spinel would have WON at the beginning if it only took like an hour to kill everything. But no, it kept getting released

The "it starts emptying" thing is probably a trick to get people to leave it alone while also leaving a way to save the planet if they need to but can't get it to shut off.

Was I the only one that thought of this?

Attached: who did this.png (953x518, 441K)

It felt like a giant long episode of Invader Zim while also giving both Zim and Dib the wins they've needed to have.

When I say it felt like a giant episode, I mean that in a good way. It genuinely felt like the same show, like the creators got right back into making it perfectly.

What's the bottom from?

Nice. I have been holding back watching it because I've been too nervous. Zim is a precious thing to me.

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

Drawing program is being stupid so here's just another MSPaint drawing for now

>".... I love you, Spinel."
>"Aw shucks, haha--wait, what? F-for real?!"

Attached: is it called stevel or what.png (776x598, 53K)

youtu.be/QBvrPSJhCGQ

thank you for this