Sorry for another Steven Universe thread, but I just had an epiphany. Steven is Superman. Strength, invulnerability...

Sorry for another Steven Universe thread, but I just had an epiphany. Steven is Superman. Strength, invulnerability, flight, but more than that, he embodies and champions certain unwavering ideals. I'm not sure how to put them into words but this is it perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=pEdu1wekcIc

That scene where he's effortlessly blocking everything Spinel does, but not attacking back, just trying to talk sense into her, it reminded me of scenes where Superman has done that exact kind of thing. "Yeah, go ahead and take your frustration out on me, I can take it, and I'll be here to help when you're done" That's such an iconic trait of his.

And the fact that his only thoughts when he's nearly spent and burned out are "I can still move, I have to help" and when he realizes he can heal the whole world by kissing it one goddamn square foot at a time, he actually resolves to do it, even though its ridiculous, because who else can?

Nobody seems to be able to get Supes quite right in films for some reason, but take notes DC, this is how Superman would be done right, the exact character right fucking here. Minus singing.

Attached: superverse.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CaptainRyno28/status/1168707099192418304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weird take but I can dig it.

>this is how Superman would be done right, the exact character right fucking here. Minus singing.
>Minus singing.

Someone isn't a Mighty Mouse fan.

He's a Mary Sue

You are goddam right

Attached: my nigga.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

This is why I hate Steven. It seems so fake that his drive to help comes across as patronizing. He hasn't suffered nor seen nearly enough for this character trait to feel real. All he's really done is cry and sing and talk.

tldr show is gay

>I had a thought about fat faggot show
>Hmm, should I post this thought in one of the infinite number of fat faggot show threads already up
>Or should I make another one for no fucking reason?
>Silly me, what kind of question is that, of course I'll make another thread

SUfags truly are the Smashfags of Yea Forums. It's uncanny.

You’re a hypocrite, I can just feel it.
You mad because it’s a show you don’t like.
Get over it.

Suffering is overrated

When hes lost his powers but climbing the side of the injector to confront spinel anyway it reminded me of superman not giving up against an enemy with kryptonite/magic

to be fair he gets his ass beat here and is slowly dying throughout the movie. Steven has a rough go of it compared to the rest of his series

Literally Luffy vs Bartolomeo
twitter.com/CaptainRyno28/status/1168707099192418304

Attached: EDgU6DMXYAAkcig.jpg (1200x675, 71K)

Always love that hero fighting on even when powerless, even if it’s been done so many times.

You do not know true joy before you know true suffering.

he's literally just a shonen protagonist

"Theres no such thing as a happy ending, I'll always have more work to do."
What a baller. I've really enjoyed his character arc, losing his innocence/naivety, without becoming hardened/jaded.
Especially the lesson he learned in this movie.

Attached: baller.png (605x531, 447K)

A never-ending battle.

Wrong. The show itself even states that A TRUE HERO MUST SUFFERRRR.

Attached: screen-shot-2017-09-20-at-11-39-04-am-1-e1505922200179.png (636x358, 86K)

He's suffered plenty.

Steven did nothing but job in the first 4 seasons.

Did he? Name a single loved one he has lost. The only one remotely close is Rose, but she's just a plot excuse for him to feel bad about himself.

No, he was riding easy and had three mommies to do everything for him until he could finally manage something himself.

Attached: pearltard.jpg (848x465, 53K)

Superman doesn't sing and cry every 5 minutes, especially in the movie Steven was like a running tap with all the tears he shed

>Steven is Superman
fuck off,im not sure you understand what superman is,altough supes would like steven yes,that man is a saint

Maybe Superman should cry more.

“No no no, you can’t attack us I created peace throughout space. Don’t mess up my happy ending” sure sounds like superman

Where did this "happy ending" shit come from, anyway? He's never cared about that before. It makes him sound like a storybook character instead of an actual person to root for. I guess they needed some new reason for Steven to feel bad.

That kinda stuff annoys anybody

It's just an allegory to the fact that he got too comfy (and cocky) because he thought he ended all villainy

There are many kinds of suffering that are as intense as losing someone. In the last episode when he wasn't sure if he isn't his mother must have been pretty heavy for him and any person that suffered with depersonalization knows that. Another time when he recalls his encounters with Ruby, Bismuth and Jasper when he was fused with Connie showed he was suffering that plenty too.

I hope she is gone, because if she isn't...

>Sorry for another Steven Universe thread,
You should have just stopped there you fuckwit

Steven watches a lot of movies and tv I guess

>>Comparing Steven with Superman
lol

Dudes want to see stuff where is none.

Supes is like the default hero archetype. If you can't compare your superpowered protagonist to Superman you've done something wrong