This right here is the greatest superhero, no, greatest comic character that will ever exist...

This right here is the greatest superhero, no, greatest comic character that will ever exist. No other character can or will ever pass him. This is Superman. Tell me why you love him so much

Attached: 432148-05.jpg (1241x1920, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www65.zippyshare.com/v/S7e56atW/file.html
sendspace.com/file/d4ihed
mega.nz/#!5lAVHAxT!V9grm-hVVP2WH_mxlxRDnoPdbipq3nc59OtAO-q9mmg
mega.nz/#!m0kHiKBR!_Vt4h0vQujBEuQwxm2hkMiBiNGZydvxlEleF5PfZP2A
sendspace.com/file/dwwuxf
mediafire.com/file/nkju48ztjjyo94n/
www15.zippyshare.com/v/epv3PtdZ/file.html
sendspace.com/file/5rxcsf
www53.zippyshare.com/v/5JQ0LidP/file.html
mediafire.com/file/hghmhhsanx6xctg/
mega.nz/#!fxNTjYQJ!JXkUn0IImPA-zKDLtgoaY9C0fFIN6ihBlD6eOHe85Tc
youtu.be/Hj1-paS7vGE
youtu.be/UxlLHe6zPl8
youtube.com/watch?v=NLYEExrAEJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He’s no Hal Jordan

He is the non plus ultra. Any other opinion is that of peasants.

Hal Jordan will probably always be my personal favorite DC character and even my favorite western/American Superhero, but I wouldn't hesitate to say that Superman is - without a shadow of a doubt - the best superhero that will ever come. Something about him is just so simple in nature yet so philosophically complex. A man who has the powers of a god who could use it for evil or his own self-interest instead uses it for the sake of others' well being and as a result, stands as an example to follow the virtues of self-sacrifice, truth, and justice. Like I said, I'm a huge Halfag but would that more or less describe Superman?

A little

>Hal feels awful that you are trying to use him to belittle one of his besties

Attached: Hal feels awful.jpg (587x404, 31K)

I agree

Attached: yup.gif (245x245, 1.36M)

I want him to rail me in every hole every night with his mega kryptonian cock until I'm completely spoilt for any other inferior human dick

A few reasons.

1. John Carter of Mars, Flash Gordon, Doc Savage amalgam is kind of awesome. Sci-fi/science heroes have always been my favorite. Using the Moses myth is pretty great too. A man sent to be raised by another people. Ramses 3 as Lex Luthor etc.

2. He is a well adjusted guy with a normal job and boss. His friends/family aren't all superheroes ie Ma and Pa Jimmy Olsen, Pete Ross, Perry White are regular people though Jimmy sometimes gets powers. I also like that he has a normal dating life. Lana Lang in Highschool, Lori Lemaris when he goes to Atlantis, Cat Grant when he comes to Metropolis and Lois Lane as his endgame and wife. As opposed to being perpetually weirdly single or only having one love interest like most heroes or only dating villains like Bats.

3. He isn't some tortured edgy guy despite kind of having the right to be ie. Doomed planet, sent to live among people that are still learning to be good but are essentially ignorant. Being a god among mortals. Being a helpful guardian instead of a ruler or despot takes some moral character.

4. I always liked that his chief villain Lex Luthor is at times portrayed as a friend that had a falling out. Great trope. Also love that he is a smart villain with no powers. He doesn't restort to trying to punch out Superman but rather tarnishes his public image, tricks him or creates villains for him to get tied up with. Always enjoyed Brainiac as well (a word that entered the english language from a comic book first, meaning smarty pants) for representing the other side of being an alien. Instead of being a friend or helper instead a conqueror a collector of worlds. Also Brainiac is an intelligent villain so another guy that doesn't need to have a fist fight to beat Superman.

Attached: rikered.jpg (223x226, 7K)

I like Hero Academia too but please go back to Yea Forums also All Might is clearly a love letter to Superman and Captain America rather than competing for their place in history like you seem to conflate.

Attached: aww.png (782x435, 552K)

BOOTY

Seriously his Clark is great. I wonder if he'll get his own show since it's not like the movies even know what to do with Supes.

He's the classic comic book hero from which all other superheroes are derived. Auto respect in my book. Without him this whole genre wouldn't exist.

Secret Identity, Fantastical Origin, Colorful Costume, Supernatural Abilities check Fights against Villains check Has an internal moral compass and tries to do what is right even when it's difficult check.

The man of tomorrow is apt. An alien comes to earth to save us and has immense power yet is kind and humble. Doesn't try to start a religion or rule us. He just helps us and defends us without asking for money or for the limelight.

Superman represents what mankind could be like thousands of years from now. Krypton conquered disease, experimented with cloning, alternate dimensions, space colonization etc. While it was a failed experiment, superman lives and carries on.

Because he’s a boy scout hero and boy scout superheroes are the best superheroes. He just wants to do the right thing and raise Jon in a stronger loving world

This. Superman is THE superhero.

LOIS

Superman the animated series made me like him when I was a kid. Before I watched that I had only seen Batman, Spiderman and Xmen cartoons. I still love these characters but Superman was so different. Space faring, comedic yet a nice guy. Also the powers are simply so cool. Eventually started watching Chris Reeves movies, Max Fleisher cartoons and I was hooked for life.

Attached: og team.jpg (550x712, 93K)

In independent stories, he's a man without a true belonging desperate to make one. His home planet is destroyed, and what few survivors there are most of them try to kill him. His home now is a place where nobody can truly stand as his physical equal, and yet he doesn't see anybody as less than equal to him. He's man just trying his best to help the world, and to be an example of others to do the same.

In JL/crossover stories, I find him to be the most human character on the League. He's trusting but not immune to disliking people, he's optimistic but not without reason, and he's more idealistic but without being childish. Wonder Woman is a warrior-goddess, Manhunter is humble but sort of has that Spock overly logic attitude and a disconnect from humanity, GL is more of a human becoming more alien as he takes up the responsibility of the Corps, and Batman is a human trying his hardest not to be. The Flash is probably about equal in embracing his humanity. Half of the team has no problem with killing people or working with the bad guys. Superman works as a strong moral center to both a chaotic team and a chaotic world, unwavering without being unreasonable.

Injustice style stories are fine, but it's always a little saddening when the best writers can do with him is make him evil. It seems to be the only way many writers feel they can make him interesting.

I agree with this assessment.

Just as an example, I was reading the new Legion expecting it to have Superman and it was mostly Thorn Rose stuff that was a bore. The Superman panel shown was just him punching someone. And Supergirl was portrayed as a future Hillary Clinton type. Strange.

Read Supergirl and the way Jon and Superman act juxtapose how Zod is was great. Superman is essentially a nice guy (whose gone 'native') and doesn't remember krypton and isn't weighed down as much as Supergirl and Zod by it's memory.

Loved how he is trying to raise Jon to be thoughtful, helpful kind of guy like him. Ultimately they form a galactic peace accord leading to the Legion. Much more of a legion book than the actual legion book.

Supergirl made a comment I want to vote for Kal even though hes not even running for anything. He's just a sincere guy who wants peace.

Attached: pimpn.jpg (573x654, 190K)

Gotta love McGuiness Supes

Attached: 0A8C8C79-8AB1-42F2-AFF3-8A03FFB9EDC5.jpg (4032x3024, 3.76M)

GREAT PANEL

Attached: et and alf in the senate.jpg (3975x3056, 2.3M)

Love this style. Miss these book so much fun and craziness.

This is so true. While I like some edge characters they are so tiring and cliche after awhile. There is something refreshing about a person who is actually playing paragon.

Attached: antimon.png (500x500, 247K)

Remember that time Hal was thinking of banging Supergirl? Good times.

It's funny. I used to go with the memes and hated this guy because I thought he was boring, but after reading some of his comics I liked how he was a symbol of hope within his universe and the struggles he has for trying to live as a normal guy. Then he became my favorite superhero. That's why I hate when he's depicted all grimdark or as a villain.

I’ll bet he has a huge penis.

I agree with you and was in a similar boat.

I think the grimdark stuff is more a reflection of our current society and has little to do with Superman as a character.

In the 40s he was fighting corrupt politicians, evil scientists and nazis. He was used to sell war bonds and was extremely patriotic.

In the 50s he was kind of a dad figure and got way stronger with more powers (America had won the war and was prosperous)

In the 60s he is more space faring and trippy. Hanging out with aliens, increasingly bizarre covers and things got weird.

In the 70s he was more down to earth and humbled, fighting Cassius Clay and shit. More 'real world.'

In the 80s he was kind of a jock (Bryne) gov stooge (Miller) and didn't give a shit about Krypton because he doesn't remember it. Stopped staying 'Great Rao!'

The 90s killed Superman with a heavy-metal monster Doomsday. Subversion and counter culture were cool. Came black with a edgy black suit and a mullet.

Post 9/11 Superman is all depressed and has existential problems about being alone as a Kryptonian and his responsibility/place in the world.

I think now we are seeing a blend of the edgy 90s version of him and a way to bring him back to the silver age. With Superboy, Supergirl and Krypto being prominent in books. Retro obsession has influenced him likely for the better.

Probably, his cum probably has healing properties or gives your temporary super powers.

Attached: homelander.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I appreciate that Superman is good enough to be pragmatic about not killing. He's willing to kill if he has to, and I'm glad he hasn't lost that trait.

no

Attached: 1504662242691.jpg (1073x1650, 423K)

I dunno if id say best comic character. Being a cape, he's not that versatile a protag. And you can't get too creative with him or the purists will commit hara kiri.

Attached: 1504663945744.jpg (772x681, 102K)

Attached: 1504661399199.jpg (348x338, 20K)

Attached: clarks powers.jpg (1988x3056, 945K)

Attached: 012.jpg (1024x1016, 402K)

Gilgamesh. I guess classic literature don't count? I love superman, but he is a discount epic hero. A tribute.

OP clearly said comic book character.

Yes Hercules, Gilgamesh and Samson predate this but aren't relevant to the discussion.

Attached: oblivion.jpg (529x424, 87K)

There are plenty of creative what-if storylines involving Superman and many interpretations of him through his 80ish years.

Spoken like a true casual.

Attached: santa superman.jpg (630x450, 96K)

Yeah he doesn't complain about killing Parademons or giant monsters because he can't try to talk them down.

But Luthor, despite all his craziness is just a guy and Superman believes he can be redeemed. Which is actually super appealing to me in a hero.

Wall paintings and stone tablets are ancient comics.

They really aren't. Comic strips showed up around 1933 'famous funnies.'

Wall paintings and stone tablets have images and writings but are used to tell religious stories or instructions on how to hunt and shit.
Strict fiction/ humorous comics were invented in modern times.

I love when contrarian summer fags show up pretending they belong on Yea Forums fuck off.

I love when niggers like think DC is classic literature. Me and your ancestors are laughing at you. Superman is just a poor man epic tale.

This needs Mighty Isis.

His moral compass is infallible. That's why so many hack creators make an effort to deconstruct him as a villain with alternate takes. They do it because he's one of the few objectively moral icons we have. His goodness is absolute, which is why so many cynical people find him boring. But but his goodness is why I love him.

Different user but this is Yea Forums we are talking about comic books and no one said that Superman is classic literature like Ulysses, War and Peace or To Kill a Mockingbird here...

Stop bringing up Gilgamesh, we get that you took Eng 101 but go to fucking Yea Forums you slob ass.

I think you mean *The American* epic tale.

This like like going to Yea Forums and saying everyone should listen to African Tribal Drum Beats and everything else is stupid and derivative. Fucking hipsters I swear.

Attached: all right.jpg (193x250, 5K)

Yeah we should tell Alex Ross DO OVER

Reminds me of the time I convinced this girl to swallow my cum because it was "full of nutritious values and vitamins".

I tried that once and it didn't work ahah damn she spit it out on my dick instead

Attached: aye.jpg (480x316, 39K)

Classic. Be a good guy and you are Super man.

Attached: oooh.gif (432x242, 1.56M)

Thats not calendar man.

Supposedly Elseworld was a backdoor pilot for Batwoman AND for this. I think it depends on what happens after COIE but he got cast in a Netflix show or something in the meantime, I believe?

Attached: back to gotham.gif (634x316, 2.55M)

I sees me a Nien Nunb.

I think it makes sense. Especially if Supergirl ratings go down, parts of her cast could end up migrating to his show.

Sounds like Crisis with Arrow is a similar situation. Green Arrow dies. His show ends. Some of the Actors show up in Black Lightning, Batwoman or Legends whatever after Crisis.

If he does get a show it's already got a great set up. He's already Superman and he's married to Lois. They have a kid. Skips past the origin and will they won't they that we have seen frankly too much.

Supergirl and some other Arrowverse people are rotating visiting cameos. Chief badguys Lex, Brainy and Lobo? Use the same ones from Krypton why not? Maybe even cast the kid that played Seg El as Jor El. Give him a beard or whatever.

Attached: alfred call clark.jpg (250x250, 5K)

he's a mary sue in most works which depict him, and the works where he is good he usually is not so good that it overshadows that

Nah Reed Richards is more of a Mary Sue than Superman. Mr. Fantastic has a machine that can do anything in the universe...

Superman can't solve every problem despite his powers which is the whole point of the character. Mr. Fantastic can do anything.

I think Dr. Doom has a similar problem as well. Even though I love him it's true...

Essentially all comic book characters are Mary Sues when they are written poorly. Good writing can challenge any protagonist.
Example: Luthor fucks over Superman all the time by turning the press against him and framing him for shit. Can't 'superpower' that away. Has to use journalism to attack Lex sometimes.

Lots of popular comic characters are mary sues most of the time
But being super really amazing, just not infinitely perfect is not a flaw, or at least not a big enough flaw to take someone out of sue territory

I agree. I think any badly written comic book feels like a Mary Sue situation. Any villain or hero sloppily handled is ridiculous.

Even someone like Jason Todd. Expert fighter, brought back from the dead, supervillain, superhero friends with gods. One could see how out of hand he could be.

The saving grace is that IF he is written well he comes off like an ass, arrogant and people don't trust him. Bat family characters can challenge him etc.

Fucking based holy shit.

That two part episode of Justice League when Superman goes to the future, has no powers, teams up with Vandal Fucking Savage and saves Earth's future.

That's when Superman became my favorite I think.

Is there a list with all the episodes he appears in? I don't want to watch any more Super Girl than I have to.

At first I was in love with the skillset. I always thought it was cool he was be all end all.

Until I actually started reading a few comics and diving deeper into the lore Superman became THE superhero. I'm surprised how much this character has actually helped people irl, it's pretty inspiring to be quite honest. He's a humble dude who wants to do good. And nowadays it seems like every character exists in some grey area or exists just to be a mirror reflection of whatever time period they're in. Which can get boring after awhile. It's nice to be reminded that there's a character who's straight forward, and is there to remind other people that there's genuine good in the world in the mix of all this ambiguity.

I feel the same way

>Half of the team has no problem with killing people or working with the bad guys.

I was with you until this. All of the characters you've mentioned detest killing so much even they've gone out of their way to save mass murderers.

>Childhood: "Spiderman is so cool! Batman is my favorite! I want to be Iron-Man! Superman is strong! HULK SMASH!"

>Adolescence: "Ew. Superheroes... Watch some anime bro, it's way cooler."

>Adulthood: "Guardians of the Galaxy was a great movie. Batman is way cooler than any superhero."

>Based: "My favorite superhero is (insert any C-lister or below here)."

>Cringe: "I like the MCU. RDJ makes a great Iron-Man." *Snaps*

>Acsended: "Superman is THE superhero."

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png (598x480, 79K)

Wondy kills if she has too, Hal literally nuked a city and kills space aliens on the regular

Haha this. Except instead of Iron Man and Hulk it would have been Wolverine and Batman.

He was infected when he nuked the city and he's a cop.

It's more than just killing things like Parademons, since even Batman will do that.

But Superman will kill a villain if he absolutely must, and in a way I find that a more mature take on the "Don't kill" code.

That art styles got to be the best

He's in the two parter that opens up the second season. Both are pretty enjoyable and I would recommend. Then he's in the finale and I believe another episode which is controversial for the fight between him and Supergirl which is supposedly due to him being mind controlled by the Daximites - I've never actually watched it but that's more to finding that season pretty meh and also the entire Daximite/Mon-El stuff to be garbage than specifically that thing which a lot of people found problematic but based on the description, I would tend to agree with the reasons they find it problematic.

He is almost all of the Elseworld crossover from last year and that's enjoyable even without him. All of these are on Netflix or you can probably find them on torrent sites. I would stick to those five (S02E01, S02E02 and whatever the three Elseworld episodes were last seasons).

Supergirl's rating have gone down. I'm not sure any of the cast needs to be migrated. I do like the way Jonn is written for the most part and the actor a lot but he can be used elsewhere, like in Legends for example, if he still wants to work.

I don't like the way they've written Jimmy and I was never fond of the actor - I don't care that he's black, they could recast him and say it's a Jimmy from another Earth and he could be black and I wouldn't care if he was written to do more than be Lucy Lane's boy toy, a boring magazine art director, Guardian and Kara's never boy toy.

Thanks, buddy.

NP

Attached: Elseworld.png (800x1230, 1.81M)

>He's willing to kill if he has to
He's never had to; it's been written that way in a parallel universe situation that's considered as canonical as his relationship with Diana from 2011-2015 is/was. Otherwise, it's hair splitting and not factual. In fact, there's far more canon that indicates that if something is sentient (e.g. something that isn't clearly humanoid for example), he's concerned about how to respond.

Nope

I think Jimmy's actor said he's leaving the show. They could recast after crisis pretty easily.

MM would be cool cameo character he seems expensive tho. I'm not sure how much he can appear in any of the Arrowverse shows beyond a few minutes.

For me, it's pic related. The consummate pop culture icon, superhero, and comic book character.

Attached: STL127331.jpg (1130x1800, 1.55M)

It's a great summary of the decades but I think the depressed Superman started a bit in the 70s with Eliott Maggin doing more philosophical stories like "Must There Be a Superman?"

He killed Doomsday you casual.

Doomsday has no sentience, but you're making it sound like he'll kill anyone but that's not the case at all

Man, what would this Justice League even be like?

He just can’t compare

Attached: Ellison.png (1254x402, 127K)

Who can be added to that now?

My nigga. The episode is called Hereafter.
>Do what you do best, what you were born to do. Save the world.

Attached: hereafter.png (1278x719, 543K)

>non plus ultra = plus ultra
Thank you for proving my point, peasant.

Superman the barbarian was so fucking cool. I wish they'd do an extended comic adaptation.

While we're here, does anyone know if Superman: Up In The Sky #3 was storytimed here? Trying to find it in the archive, but I'm not having any luck.

Attached: 1536557633194.jpg (1041x1600, 529K)

He supposedly wanted to leave as of the second season, which is why they came up with that entire Guardian thing.

Now he's supposedly tired of what they are doing with his role of late.

Attached: batwank.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

no, but thanks for volunteering

you should do the entire run when the last issue comes out:

Superman - Up In The Sky 01 (of 04) (2019) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www65.zippyshare.com/v/S7e56atW/file.html
sendspace.com/file/d4ihed
mega.nz/#!5lAVHAxT!V9grm-hVVP2WH_mxlxRDnoPdbipq3nc59OtAO-q9mmg

Superman - Up In The Sky 02 (of 04) (2019) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
mega.nz/#!m0kHiKBR!_Vt4h0vQujBEuQwxm2hkMiBiNGZydvxlEleF5PfZP2A
sendspace.com/file/dwwuxf
mediafire.com/file/nkju48ztjjyo94n/
www15.zippyshare.com/v/epv3PtdZ/file.html

Superman - Up In The Sky 03 (of 04) (2019) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP).cbr
sendspace.com/file/5rxcsf
www53.zippyshare.com/v/5JQ0LidP/file.html
mediafire.com/file/hghmhhsanx6xctg/
mega.nz/#!fxNTjYQJ!JXkUn0IImPA-zKDLtgoaY9C0fFIN6ihBlD6eOHe85Tc

Thanks for the reply. I'll download them and I MIGHT do it at some point. Real fucking busy lately...

oh and yeah I'll do #3 now.

For me, it's both of them. Different but equally as important in the grand scheme of things. All roads lead to Rome.

Attached: batman-vs-superman-comic-800x491.jpg (800x491, 128K)

here we go

This any good?

First three have been unexpectedly good.

Attached: Action Comics 1000 Fake Variant Luciano Vecchio .jpg (719x1112, 179K)

>Don't tell your mother about that one

Wonder how Superman handled puberty with superpowers.

About that last one*

Probably a little like that show Smallville

Rundown? I feel like I should watch it but never got around to it.

Eh, you know, Superman but Dawn’s Creek. It works.

youtu.be/Hj1-paS7vGE
youtu.be/UxlLHe6zPl8
This is pretty much the show

don't forget the most homo race ever
youtube.com/watch?v=NLYEExrAEJI

That's the most "mid 2000s" thing I've ever fucking seen.

>I love when niggers like think DC is classic literature
get some reading comprehension before you start acting like a smartass or you'll just keep looking really stupid