We can make it better

Post what things you would've changed or add to the movie.

Attached: we.png (1253x703, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8d_EAUEXhXI
youtu.be/pgiDCsNdgsM
youtu.be/b_BX6syVf4k
youtu.be/QxKXN6KwfYM
yt3.ggpht.com/n_hqGbdWTlWtfJtZiHWpZ4DXhIZHYELWy4c69ITpGbjO1uCu6VEjDNdjxRfw9VP3HcWlkJc9VgOFX48=s711-nd-rwa
youtu.be/HcFT_dZ_rOU
mega.nz/#!QegW1IyD!EaK_kBmjf_O-riWjmh-t99RNPCooAb-acViSZ5Hnppc
vocaroo.com/i/s11vNQzsmlsv
youtube.com/watch?v=cGMWL8cOeAU
youtube.com/watch?v=awRbyOM8uJ8
youtu.be/D1I6CyNqu-g?t=60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>More Steg
>Only Steg

5 second clip of Steven going to Jasper for help (and she tells him to fuck off)

Steven and Spinel getting together with Steven moving to Homeworld.

More heartbreaking stuff about how Spinel worried that Pink Diamond never came back because she wasn't playing the game right. Have her be not get redeemed after her first relapse, because she's too damaged. She dies and it's really tragic, and everyone in the audience cries.

>Have Jasper appear
>Have Spinel actually helping in cleaning the planet rather than getting off scot free just because the diamonds adopted her

make some of the songs toward the end mimic the energy of 'other friends' or give it a reprisal

Steven hugs Spinel.

Spinel isn’t shipped off to homeworld.

There, movie fixed.

Extended the duet between Greg and Steven before they fuse.
youtube.com/watch?v=8d_EAUEXhXI

A little more reassurance that the Diamonds weren't just taking Spinel as a memento of Pink and would come to value her as an individual and not just as a court jester that would be expected to play up her tragedy for laughs. Otherwise let her stay on Earth. That's about it. I thought it was pretty solid beyond that.

Attached: 1567485411620.png (2560x1440, 2.69M)

-Crystal Gems B-team get more importance to the plot than just info dumps and then shrugged aside when the actual action came.
-Garnet's return could have had more weight to it than just a single word
-Give an actual solution to the poison. Peridot said if it all gets injected the world will die. It all got injected, but then everything just... got better.
-It also bothered me that Steven just kinda tried to ditch the diamonds altogether. Like, I get that they were overbearing, but dang dude, you have a free teleporter in your house. Just promise to visit them, or let them visit, every so often and they'll probably be appeased.

This, my only problem with the movie is that after the heart wrenching scenes with Spinel the resolution feels too cartoonish and out of place. It would be better if Spinel stayed for a while fixing the town and maybe then the Diamonds take her to homeworld.

How would you have done it? I'm still on the fence about the Diamonds being permanently good now

>Give an actual solution to the poison. Peridot said if it all gets injected the world will die. It all got injected, but then everything just... got better.

Super this, does he not know that the earth is completely fuck ? this nigga smooched a couple of spot thinking he gonna make it better LMAO, maybe this will the plot of season 6 who knows tho

>, you have a free teleporter in your house. Just promise to visit them, or let them visit, every so often and they'll probably be appeased.

lol kinda this bro, plus this nigga steven could of asked for help but he didnt so thats on him

In the ending steven married with spinel and after credits we see steven fuck spinel

Attached: spinel_and_steven.png (640x360, 200K)

I don't know. I guess I was hoping that Spinel would stay on Earth with the gems that could relate to and sympathize with her abandonment, as opposed to staying with the ones that romanticize the one who abandoned her. Especially after what White Diamond did to the original Pink Pearl.

But if they are full-throttle on the Diamonds genuinely trying to be better people, and not just semi-reformed villains trying to please Steven, then I guess that a positive relationship outside of their inner circle could actually be good for them, assuming that they treat her with respect. My opinion might change if we get to see them in season six, and how they're getting along after the fact. I hope Steven checks up on them.

Attached: dapsn80k0mc11.jpg (2250x2700, 193K)

That last fight should've been a bit longer.

This

>Spinel finally reads her old voice mails, which contains thousands of calls from Pink/Rose that she didn't previously know about.

Have Pearl be more useful in the movie, She had some good paralels with Spinel that they didn't take advantage of, both where made for pink, both loved her and where obedient to her and both have some fucked up abandonment issues.

It feels like a waste that they didn't have more interactions with each other. If there was somehow that could have empathized with her and show there was more in life that living in the past was her.

Attached: puverty.webm (1280x720, 552K)

It's annoying that the diamonds are just comic relief characters now and are still running homeworld without facing justice for their countless atrocities, but it's more of a problem with the lazy directions their characters took in the show than just the movie.

Spinel turned out to be the best part of the movie but maybe shouldn't have gotten her memories wiped so fast, it kind of ruined her intimidation factor, her resolution should have involved her learning to become independent or something instead of going off to live the rest of her life as a plaything for the diamonds just like she was with Pink, that really went against the message the movie was pushing about change being a good thing. It was kind of repetitive that she was both another vengeful villain who was a product of Pink Diamond's fuck ups and got almost instantly redeemed (even though it makes more sense for her character than others since her antagonism wasn't based on thousands of years worth of anger and hatred or ruling as an unrepentant dictator, she was just reacting to something she learned earlier that day), it would have been interesting to see a new kind of a villain unrelated to Pink Diamond and I think she could have been an even better character if she met a tragic fate, they could have just gone with one or the other to spice things up. Also she needed an explanation for where she got her injector.

Would have liked an acknowledgement of whatever happened to Jasper after she was healed, and for Lapis, Peridot, and Bismuth to be more useful, because they did absolutely nothing and were pretty much just there for fan service the same as they were in Change Your Mind.

The amnesia plot line kept the crystal gems from going through any new development and everything went back to status quo by the end but I guess it's forgivable since it's supposed to be a standalone adventure.

I dunno, it was entertaining for the most part but there was a lot of stuff that felt sloppy

1. I wanted to know what happened to the original Pink Pearl. Where is she? what is she doing now?

2. Spinel faces the consequences of her actions and is forced to help clean up the mess she made

3. Jasper learning about what happened to pink and being absolutely devastated, as well as having very mixed feelings for steven, but still deciding to stay to serve under him because she knows nothing else but being a soldier (new body gaurd)

4. Lapis uses Jasper as a punching bag whenever she gets the chance

5. NEW GEM/GEM FUSIONS

6. Learning more about the other crystal gems outside the main group

Honestly make Spinel and Steven being the representatives of homeworld and earth would had done it alright. And it showed how Steven knew that he had shit he had to do and it wasn't something that he could had just gave it to someone else like his Mom's Muff Buddy.

Give bad spinel more of a musical motif. The best I can grasp, good Spinel's motif is playful drums that accompany a lot of her scenes. But her bad form is kinda all over the place. I'd especially like if her motif was based on the Electro swing of other friends. I dunno maybe she did have one that I barely noticed.

Steven actually tries to talk no jitsu Spinel from the start with utter confidence that it will work, and continues to make as much of an effort as possible to talk her down throughout the film. Everyone assumes he’ll succeed, and jokes about how once they figure out what Spinel’s problem is she’ll calm down. Play the fake out the same way, with her getting “redeemed” but having her following panic at getting betrayed be more about her own trauma and less about Steven dropping the ball.
Movie ends Disney style with Steven trying to save her as she refuses him and ends up being shattered by falling into the injector and it exploding.

1. I thought the original pink pearl was WD's pearl now, right?

The full-circle beginning and ending thing didn't work. It made the Diamonds seem stupid and undermined Spinel's character complexity.

Some of the middle section "trying to get the gems back to normal in song" could have been trimmed.

Make a conflict that doesn't end with befriending the enemy

Give Spinel some goons. Could be robots, other abandoned gems or whatever. Movie felt a bit flat villain wise, even if her origin was solid.

>chest temporarily grows

Connie and Steven broke up off screen, Connie moved away so we don't see her, movie ends with Spinel staying and getting a hug from Steven

Remove connie entirely

>Ronaldo goes full autist once he sees amethyst, ignoring HE HAS A FUCKING ALIEN COLONY ON HIS BACKYARD AND HALF THE POPULATION OF HIS CITY ARE ALIENS
>FUCKING CASUAL INCEST
>A FUCKING TOY WANTS TO MURDER A PLANET OUT OF SPITE

this is way too much for me to bear.

I would have at least fixed this shit.

Attached: co umblr will defend this.png (682x374, 219K)

Needed a few more glimpses of Blue and Yellow's new job as tv hosts.

Attached: splatfest.png (640x360, 298K)

>pointing out the geometry of the ear-buns
>when the ear-buns were explicitly an ode to the way Mickey Mouse's ears behave
Whatever, spazz.

Frankly I'm surprised that didn't violate a copyright or something.

I would've shown Pink Pearl so we can at least know what the fuck happened with her since CYM.

Attached: pr1550530105379.png (1400x1600, 758K)

and btw, sveg has the face of a fucking anime character.

casual homo incest, at least the literal cheese pizza was a bit more nuanced, god fucking damit

Pink Pearl was retconned and Spinel is her replacement

They needed to punch home how long she waited.

Like a good 60 seconds of this frame. No music.

Part of what made Futurama episode with the dog so incredibly famous and successful is the post credits scene where the viewer is pretty much tormented by watching the years pass on fry's dog in a very long and boring sequence. It seems steven universe crew wanted to mimic this.

I kind of wish that they had capitalized on the fact that they were both abandoned by Pink as well, but I assume that they wanted to limit how involved Pearl's past was with Spinel beyond simply knowing who she was. It was Pink Diamond's relationship and mistake in abandoning her, not Pearl's.

So I could appreciate that they wanted Steven to be the one trying to reach out to her and make up for what his mother did.

I feel like Pink Pearl and Jasper's issues will be brought up next season and that trying to include them all in the movie would have just left them all short on time.

I do wonder where Pink Pearl fits into the timeline though. Did PD lose her and replace her before Spinel?

the common accepted theory is that in the show the vision Steven has in homeworld wasn't White's Pearl juggling and entertaining, but rather Spinel, but since Steven hadn't met her he used White's Pearl as a placeholder during the vision...but then again those visions were always kinda weird, since he didn't know how Pink D looked like...

A better antagonist. Like some asshole human leading an army of gem hating humans looking to genocide the space rocks for being different and powerful. It could end in a perfect message that not everybody is redeemable. Bonus points if Ronaldo and Marty are part of the army as well.

>the common accepted theory
It's been like 2 days

Remember when everyone was saying we would finally get a villain that doesn't get redeemed in the movie? I wish we got that. Spinel isn't a bad character, I was just hoping for a bad guy that doesn't get redeemed despite having a sad backstory, don't understand why a tragic villain seems to be such an alien concept to most people.

Attached: 1562960226875.png (325x325, 139K)

Cut its funding.

Spinel takes a raincheck on the diamonds
offer and tells them she really wants to go but she needs to learn how to love herself first and to apologize for the damage she caused. The diamonds are disappointed but understanding and said they now have two reasons to visit earth and leave. Bismuth comes in and tell spinel she's going to fix her damn scaffolding and she has a home in little HW.

Attached: 1538b9491d4c6ef212be1544dfff9e3a.jpg (1213x1410, 170K)

Spinel decides she's iredeemable for what she's done and uses the Rejuvenator on herself.

Nah, that probably would have just resulted in lower-quality animation which wouldn't have made it any better. Unless you're saying "cut its funding so that its money could be put elsewhere."

Why would you want something that goes against the main tenets of the show(compassion solves everything)? That would be like saying, "Man, I hope in the next DBZ arc the villain gets defeated by conversation instead of being punched and blasted"

>Spinel takes a raincheck on the diamonds
offer
>diamonds now have two reasons to visit earth
>Bismuth comes in and tell spinel she's going to fix her damn scaffolding and she has a home in little HW.
I like this one.

Attached: 1567568822225.jpg (1054x1438, 284K)

But that makes no sense, It was Steven the one being silly in the dream not Pink Pearl.

>" next DBZ arc the villain gets defeated by conversation instead of being punched and blasted"
That would actually be interesting though, since that doesn't usually happen in DBZ. Thats why people want a villain who doesn't get redeemed, its unusual for this show, so its more interesting and entertaining when it happens.

People are redeemable in SU, deal with it.

When Spinel gets poofed, instead of her just smiling, she tears up a little too from how happy she is at what she thinks will be the perfect fresh start.

>"Stop criticizing the show i like"
Would you faggots kindly fuck off already and let people discuss the show in peace?

>Spinel getting a fucking hug fucking damn
>Spinel and the Diamonds staying on Earth and finding somewhere to shack up. Have Diamonds shrink down to amazonian woman size so they'd be able to get around (their Pearls can also find some fun stuff to do on Earth
>Spinel helping clean up the damage she caused in the credits

I'll tell you one thing I wouldn't change.
The Townie involvement. Only one character spoke like a total of two lines.
If only they keep that up for season 6.

Spinel stays on earth. She shows signs of romantic attraction to Steven.

let me introduce you to little show called Tenchi Universe

Attached: tenchi-universe.jpg (1440x750, 330K)

At this point I fucking miss the townie characters.

I hated that feeling of "Just fucking ask questions Steven don't hang out with the mayor or whatever." but at this point we've spent so much time with them to not have them do ANYTHING in the movie felt wrong.

Like not even the new gems living on Earth did anything, nor did Lars.

Th-they kinda swept under the rug the whole "HERE'S MY PLANET-SIZE SYRINGE FULL OF CYANIDE I JUST CASUALLY INJECTED INSide THE EARTH'S CRUST, ALL LIFE WILL PERISH WITHIN HALF AN HOUR, AND I BROKE THE SYRINGE NOW, Y'ALL FUCKED"

Absolutely this user you are me

It would be a nice change of pace yes, but it goes against the established formula that a lot of other fans are already into. I would've preferred if Spinel got shattered or something but had that happened you would've also gotten a segment of the fanbase endlessly bitching about why she didn't get redeemed

Cut its funding entirely so it isn't made.

SpinelxPearl is my new favorite ship. If I was still a drawfag I would all over twitter with my weirdass AU shit.

Attached: 1361265282489.png (200x200, 13K)

am I the last retard on earth to realize Change Your Mind has the same abbreviation as Cyan Yellow Magenta?

Final fight was kind of short and lame, having the diamonds show up and take Spinel away is a really odd conclusion. Would have had her stay with the gems, though I understand the next season couldnt afford to animate her or pay for her VA. Not like I intend to watch it anyway though.

HOLY SHIT

Goddammnit first the Penis Five yesterday and now this

Maybe not have the Diamonds just kind of drop Steven the second they see Spinel? Feels kind of fake, and Spinel deserved better. Like, actually staying with Steven, getting a hug from him, helping him through his problems, and he helps her through hers. Maybe make friends with Lapis and bond over the "stuck in one spot for centuries because of what Pink did" similarities.

Or at the very least make it feel less like they'll just treat Spinel like a comfort toy pink used to have, instead of a person.

>Post what things you would've changed or add to the movie.

Some FUCKING STORYLINE AND ACTION CONTINUITY

For the whole movie, they're trying to prevent the injector from releasing all its poison. It does, and everyone survives anyway.

Attached: other friends.png (628x2060, 744K)

>she dies
that's what everyone was expecting desu everytime there's a movie about a show a new character gets introduced only to die

Lmao this is just sad. Rebecca needs to do her job better or hire better storyboarders.

God I wish this show was more like DBZ.

>People are redeemable
>Marty is still a dick
>Onion is still a little shit
>Aquamarine is still a bitch
>Ronaldo is still a self serving neckbeard
>Kevin is still based

Nah. They wasted a lot of potential going down this touchy feely bullshit route.

Ronaldo's redemption arc is coming when the sneople turn out to be an actual galaxy-spanning empire and the gems were created as a last-ditch effort by some other race to stop them.

>More Steg
>Remove Connie
>Have Steven realize that he’s been pushing Spinel away the whole movie like his mom
>Steven hugs Spinel
> “You’re not alone anymore you’re part of us now”
>helps clean up her own mess
>stays

Spinel gets multiple hugs, and gets shipped to the Barn. Lapis loosens the fuck up. Final shot is Steg in a throne with the Diamonds laid about the base seductively. He reigns for 6000 years of Gigamurdercock.

Something that would have made me feel better for Spinel redemption 2 would have been them finding something indicating Rose/Pink actually felt bad for leaving her behind but couldn't come back to her for X reason, maybe even think she ended up moving on, if not likely. Rose wasn't the best person but she was also suppossed to be a better gem than when she was Pink.

I only noticed the switch of the leg position while watching. Had no idea the gaffes extended this far.

Attached: 1389487638014.jpg (312x348, 16K)

Would have been great if there was like a recording crystal in the chest in lions mane with a message for Spinel.

Looks more like just rule of cool to me, aside from the Steven moving around part. Takafumi Hori did most if not all of that fight.

>I'm still a bit ticked off the chest was open without us.

Teenage Steven's outfit has pink, blue, yellow, and white in it too.

>Have the Diamonds shrink
Where's the fun in that? A montage of trying out Earth things with kaiju-sized friends has a lot of comedic/cute potential.

Gonna be real mad if it was just the pink jacket.

Take the diamonds ending out

Bring jasper in for Steven to ask about the scythe and make it so bismuth did not even know.

That way the tech could be said was new and still in testing, which would explain why is was not used before and why they can still return to normal

More Jesus

Attached: Based and Godpilled.png (725x522, 342K)

They are definitely not good now, they only care about themselves still to the point where they say they gave up armies and shattering(murdering) so they could keep Steven(a piece of pink) near

Replace Spinel with Spinelli

Attached: 14DB20B7-EF36-41F9-A25C-F5EC086C3A3E.jpg (400x613, 36K)

>Jesus
Gay

Unironic cringe

Spinel being real and also my friend.

Shattering Spinel

'Shattering' Spinel.

Attached: 1567560590836.png (813x570, 473K)

where is the rest of this?

NIGGER YOU WHAT

>conny fucks off
>steven kisses spinel

Make your own shit instead of trying to make other people's work "better".

>Spinel shatters herself after Steven's change speech bullshit, thats something he can't change.

Pearl gets shattered offscreen Spinel takes her place in the main cast.

what a great movie thatd be

> Spinel lives on Earth and makes a bunch of new friends
> actually works to fix the damage she caused
> is genuinely forgiven by others for her (impressively destructive) temper tantrum of an evil plan
> becomes a Crystal Gem
> pic related
> usually looks like her old self, but transforms and fights like a demon when her friends are threatened
> fusions with Pearl, Steven, and Jasper because they really get her and it's easy to sync up
> Bismuth crafts her a new scythe
> She and Amethyst bond over their fondness for shapeshifting
> Lapis and Spinel relate over spending thousands of years alone
> Lapis helps her recover and learn to be genuinely happy again, like her
> Spinel lies down on the hill she once damaged, the scars of her assault faded beneath the flowers and grass
> she lies back and stares up at the stars
> she closes her eyes and sighs, singing a soft reprise of Other Friends under her breath
> smiling again at last.

Attached: Hijinks will ensue.png (1920x1080, 885K)

this this this

please let s6e9 be her showing up in beach city crying because the diamonds didnt work out how she expected and then this

>Garnet's return could have had more weight to it than just a single word

There were multiple pieces that brought Garnet back
>fusion
>Greg saying that the red and blue cable were the same
>Independent Together
>truth

If this happens I will go out of my way to buy SU merch to show my appreciation.
Guess they're not getting that money

The script. The concept. And the characterization.

How about having anything other than the recovering lost memories trope. It's like a sitcom flashback episode, so fucking lazy in the writing department, and by the end of it nothing really happened.
Also stop writing characters to not use their powers, act like idiots or be completely useless just for plot advancing.

>Id swap out the Sadie song for a Greg song

>I wouldn't have redeemed Spinel but instead used her "redemption" in the garden as a fakeout for when she goes bad again

>A smidge more focus on the new homeworld gems. The only ones we see up close at all are the beetles and they don't even get speaking roles. I'd have loved to be introduced to the new ones in some way

Biggest one:
HAVE STEVEN ASK THE DIAMONDS FOR HELP
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY THAT HE IS IN IMMEDIATE CONTACT WITH WHITE DIAMOND YET DOESNT THINK TO ASK HER WHEN HIS FRIENDS MEMORIES ARE WIPED
AND THEN HR FUCKING JUST ASSUMES THEY CAN GET THEIR MEMORIES BACK THROUGH EXPERIENCES JUST CUZ. WHY.
So basically I'd add a scene where he calls up white and she essencially says "were too busy to help your little shitty friends but those memory wipe things are imperfect anyway, so you can probably get their memories back yourself"

Attached: 1567586365_tmp_ae9.jpg (540x696, 104K)

This

>Stretching movie action to entire season.
>More popish soundtrack
Other Friends was perfect material for intense glitch hop or electro swing track.
>Reveal truth about Steven's Gem defaults
>Sacrifice self and destroying gem for general good zombie Steven can be included
>Make Spanniel-XJ9 more important for plot
Tl;Dr - Fixing plotholes and make it watchable

It bugs that the gems have the coolest powers and weapons, and Sugar is hellbent on writing the CG's like they don't know how to fight.

this

I noticed it, didn't bother me. i was just having fun looking at the Trigger shit going on

wow....what the actual fuck

DON'T SHIT ON ALL THE TENSION AND CONSEQUENCES RIGHT AT THE END BY SAYING 6000 YEARS ISN'T A LONG TIME AND BY STEVEN FAILING TO SAVE ANYTHING UNTIL IT TURNS OUT HIS SPIT IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO NEGATE THE ENTIRE PLAN OF THE VILLAIN!

FUCK!

That was just Yellow showing she doesn't have that much empathy. The Diamonds arent 100% nice now even after two years.

Also the spit made sense and was funny.

DBZ actually does the talking/redemption arc stuff better that Steven Universe could ever do because several characters have been redeemed through talking and others had to be destroyed.
>Vegeta
The pinnacle of being able to talk shit through what was originally an irredeemable character. Now because he has his two Saiyan-Stevens running around he's mellowed out plus Bulma scare-rouses him.
>Cell
Destroyed because they were pure evil and murderhobo incarnate.
>Majin Buu
Pretty much an eldritch retard but was redeemed by his love of candy, his "friendship" with Mr. Satan, and childlike nature
>Kid Buu
Cell 2.0 and everyone is glad that fucker is toast.
>Android 16-18
All were redeemed for a time but 16 & 18 stayed good. 17 went evil again and had to be put down.
>Frieza
Still evil as fuck but was goaded into helping the party during the Tournament of Power because of Goku pulling a Steven. Frieza justs wants Goku alive so he can be the one to kill him instead of some bullshit cop-out via world destruction.
>Broly (Movie is actually canon now)
Literally Spinel including working all his anger out on Frieza (who caused everything anyway) and now has his own discount Bulma/Krillin to chill with on his own planet.

And half the Tournament of Power people like Beerus, Hit, etc started off as Rivals and were talked into being friends via appealing to their natures. Arguably it's a shaky alliance that could sour in any moment but that makes it more realistic than SU since Steven instantly gets everyone to love him/everyone else. Most people don't even like Goku in-universe, they either find him interesting or tolerate him for their own goals rather than just being a sycophant to him like Steven gets the Gems/Diamonds to be.
>TL;DR
Fucking DBZ/Goku does a better job of being a more believable talk no jutsu character than Steven and that proves how much Sugar doesn't understand anime or good writing.

It was like a blatant effort at the very end to remove all tension after the fact. Literally nothing would have changed if Steven had ignored Spinel entirely.

>pearl picks up a guitar
>piano noises

im not saying there isn't something like a god out there but if there is it most defiantly isn't any of the Abrahamic religions

The talk no jutsu thing is funny to me because the shonen thing where you can understand each other's thoughts and feelings through combat is a hard-coded part of the Naruto magic system, so it actually has a reason to work, and even then it still fails because some people are impossible to come to an understanding with and others have duties that require them to fight you even if you do come to like each other. Steven just does it because and it always works out to the point where he can dismantle a universe-spanning empire in less than two years.

The ending doesn't feel like a proper resolution to what was up until the ending a very well built emotional build-up

>Spinel never learns to be an individual, she still entirely depends on someone wanting her/wanting her around

>The diamonds feel like completely new characters without anything tying them to their old personalities

>Spinel is too cute to be a villain, makes it unbelievable.

Steven should've hugged Spinel when all was said and done. Maybe after the drill exploded and she was holding onto him in the bubble. Just wrap his arms around her for a few more seconds before she let go.

Not really, no. It was more of a bait-and-switch. Yellow laughs, then belittles her, then says she actually likes her.

>1. I wanted to know what happened to the original Pink Pearl. Where is she? what is she doing now?
I only wish to know what the fuck Pink Pearl was up to. Hell Pink Pearl should have interacted with Spinel and be the one giving exposition of her

Your first two points are subjective but I thought they did a fantastic job at making Spinel unsettling when she needed to be. The animation of her googly eyes snapping back into focus even wilder than before paired with Sarah Stiles' delivery (especially in the second link) gave me chills. I thought she was great.

youtu.be/pgiDCsNdgsM
youtu.be/b_BX6syVf4k

My bigger issue was that the earth was pretty clearly full of the poison and "all life including humans" was absolutely not wiped out.
And even if you want to say "well it takes a while to take effect", I'd like to point out how long it would take for Steven to possibly lick every square foot of the earth. It absolutely should have been destroyed

Did anyone get the feeling this movie was trying hard to hint at Pearl x Greg

>without anything tying them to their old personalities
I don't remember the exact lines but I loved white overcompensating and struggling to show the level of genuine compassion Steven expects of her. He even rolls his eyes at one point.

>Spinel is too cute to be a villain, makes it unbelievable
HARD disagree. I thought her cuteness was super unnerving and the intro when she's messing with the main trio of gems during her song did a great job making her threatening and unsettling in a way we haven't seen a gem be before. It astounded me how well she worked as an antagonist

>17 went evil again and had to be put down.
Uh what

Spinel destroys the world and everyone dies. I think somebody made fanart about that.

Pink diamond saying she’ll be back after she finishes her first colony

That would make PD less shitty, so nah.

>DBZ actually does the talking/redemption arc stuff better that Steven Universe could ever do because several characters have been redeemed through talking and others had to be destroyed.

Pretty sure Peridot and Bismuth were destroyed and so was Spinel. Weighing the merit of redemption stories based on who gets killed or not for being unreasonable is not the hill you want to die on using DBZ as an example. The deaths in DBZ mean absolutely fucking nothing because of dragon balls and you're really not driving the point home that it's somehow worse than poofing.

Attached: 1548403180041.png (388x483, 220K)

>steven reassuring spinel that its okay that she tried to kill steven, his friends, and the planet
>jokingly says she isnt the first to try
>steven helps spinel mentally recover
>sometime in the future we see spinel who appears as a mixture of her original and tragic self
>we see her at a night club doing stand up
>shes pretty good at it making the crowd hysterical
>steven is in the crowd
>when it is over steven and spinel catch up
>she tells him her improvements and thanks steven helping her
>the hug it out
>the end

Steve with the help of the diamonds "heals" the earth. As it is it's retardedly brushed off.

Just show Steven either visiting the Diamonds and Spinel or at least calling them on a communicator.

Like Steven said his work won't ever be done, but I'm not confident he understands what that means, particularly in relation to how he brushed them off in favor of his original friends.

Wish there was a mention or a glimpse of the freed Rose Quartz' that were bubbled.

Every fusion has been shown with their updated look except for Stevonnie. I don't know where they would have fit in the movie, but it would have been nice.

I didn't understand why they made a big deal about the poison destroying all life on Earth, when Spinel injected the whole damn bottle and everyone is still very much alive.

Attached: Concerned Tomino.jpg (220x293, 12K)

That would've been cool. I was watching some the earlier somgs yesterday and wondered how theyll appear in s6.

In my opinion Stevonnie is way overused but has also done pretty much everything they need to. As hype as fusions can be, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Steven have a big finale fight just as himself.

What tipped you off the orgasam?

id add about 200 more hours of spinel antics but thats just me

Attached: 1567647934273.png (789x685, 337K)

she resets the diamonds with the rejuvinator, convinces them she's pink diamond and therefore the most important diamond and commands them to fuck up everything steven set up
lots of diamond song, they mommy spinel, she gradually feels genuinely attached to them even though she knows its fake love

then they get their memories back, but instead of shattering her, they're like 'holy shit she's perfect, new daughterfu found' and all live happily ever after

xmen first class style in a montage? i love it

Attached: bad g.png (1280x1078, 654K)

So at the end, Spinel tells Steven she can't be friends because she's hurt him too much. I like this message because you shouldn't let toxic people who have hurt you back in, and he gave her at least two chances.
Steven doesn't even respond when she says she shouldn't be around him due to hurting him, because the diamonds appear in that moment.

Yet, wouldn't Steven have forgiven her? Instead, he lets her go with the diamonds, as if he agrees that she's hurt him too much for him to trust her.
I wish that message was more solidified, because people deserve to know they aren't obligated to stay with someone abusive. The abuser needs to accept they've ruined the relationship (as Spinel did) and find someone new they can try again with (diamonds).

I just wish Steven had flat out said "I deserve better and you've hurt me too much", it's a good message for kids to leave abusive people.

I half-expected Jasper to be the one popping up at the end just to say that after some soul searching she hated Pink Diamond now. Giving Spinel someone to commiserate with.

This sounds like something that would come from Tumblr, user. No, nobody cares about "Muh toxeec abusive people in kartoons". I mean what, you expected someone who was abandoned by the person she was quite literally made to be friends with to not flip out and just go "Oh, that's okay, i have to deal with my issues peacefully' I mean, i'm sure they probably have therapists on Homeworld, right? Also, Steven was pretty damn stupid when he actually decided it was a good idea to say "Yes, that was all i needed you for". I mean, there was no malice, he wasn't actually gonna abandon her, but i mean, talk about bad wording.

How about having the crystal gems actually show some empathy for the villian for once. They've seen Steven work his mojo like a dozen times by now but have learned absolutely nothing from it. They're still completely mistrustful whenever Steven tries to befriend one of their enemies.

its probably harder to find gems who don't hate pink diamond at this point

She already was dealing with her issues, by starting new with the diamonds. Right after saying she'd fucked up too badly with Steven, in swooped the diamonds. That's literally her chance to start new.

I dunno why you're telling me I posted something that sounded like it was from tumblr from a show that's literally tumblr. Lapis's arc was one big abusive relationship with Jasp.

>I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Steven have a big finale fight just as himself.
Agreed.

Attached: steven.webm (720x404, 1.28M)

Presumably it had something to do with Spinel releasing most of the poison at once instead of letting it release slowly.

Lapis' arc was abusing Jasper, getting away with it, then going on to abuse Peridot and getting away with it again.

Beyond my point. You said my post involving relationship abuse was tumblr, and I pointed out how the show has already touched (if not regularly touching) abuse.

will she abuse bismuth?

There's a big difference between watching SU and acting like you crawled out of Tumblr. You're like one of those people who says "X Character is cancelled because [insert something]". That's stupid, and Steven saying "You hurt meh and i deserve better" is not only dumb, it'd be an gigantic hypocrisy. Like, 90% of the Gems Steven knows tried to kill him/capture him/do harm to him at some point.

Why is Steven's hair cut like that? Tht's not really a Christian cut.

>those digits

Attached: 1567713000151.jpg (228x392, 43K)

That wasn't me.

Maybe she's the one who poofed Bismuth and made her reform with overalls for easier access to the bisgoods.

I loved how he turned the bubbles into boxing gloves, and managed to hold his own while simultaneously putting all emphasis into defense as opposed to actually trying to hurt her.

That's part of my problem. Steven WOULD have forgiven her, but instead, he lets her go off with the diamonds as if he agrees she's hurt him too much. (read my initial post, I even point out that Steven would have forgiven her yet still let her go without saying he forgives her. It almost seemed like he agreed with her statement that she had been too abusive.)

Just wait until Lapis discovers Bismuth is the one who poofed her when she was trying to escape during the war and incidentally is responsible for the hell mirror years she lived.

Not that she was too abusive but that she was too damaged to just become friends, she ended time to love again, so she sought refuge with the few people in the universe who could somewhat understand what she was going through.

I guess that makes sense, then. But in my head I sort of equate being damaged to having a high possibility of being abusive.

it'll be good. that's like the only consistent characterisation she has.

you think white was damaged? no, she was powerful and entitled. most abusers are entitled, not damaged, never think of themselves as the bad guy, and their crimes go unreported.

She was powerful, but she had an awful mentality of asserting control and not allowing homeworld gems to be individual. Struck me as abusive honestly

reposting from /trash/, but the resolution was very weak.

spinel going to live with the diamonds made no goddamn sense
All the folks pink had wronged and lied to were on earth, she could talk shit about her with Bismuth and co, make a support group
Coulda gotten a job at funland. Helped Mr. Smiley out, entertain folks, have fun, perfect place for her to be

But no, she tried to kill Steven and tried to destroy the earth, and we all know Steven doesn't wanna hang out with folks like that, right? That's definitely never happened to him before.

Like I understand what Rebecca as trying to do, she was trying to illustrate dealing with (and im sorry for using this word) toxic people, and how its ultimately up to them to change, not for you to change them, but when you compare it to how the rest of the show has been, Steven just comes off as uncharacteristically callous and cold to Spinel.
Nigga didn't even give her a hug. God knows she needed one.
Movie would have ended a whole lot sooner if Steven had been warmer to Spinel after he got her to turn off the injector herself.

Attached: 1567627818347.png (861x684, 520K)

yes exactly. no one made her that way by damaging her. she was just a bad person

also reposted from trash: why do you want her barned? at least if she's with the diamonds she'll get some good characters to play off instead of fucking lapis, townies and background quartz #878

Attached: 1532202738392.png (531x437, 113K)

Right, we aren't disagreeing. I'm not saying that people can grow up un-damaged and be bad people. (I think this is way off topic from my original point, but I'm not the best at expressing myself so I apologize for the autism)

gotcha!

Attached: 1509924679461.jpg (300x301, 23K)

>at least if she's with the diamonds we'll never see her again

ftfy

I kinda see that as Steven under stress. His human and gem half were in ruins, and he was at wits end trying to save the planet. I kind of see it as a slip up. (Initially, all he did was turn from her when she switched off her injector, and a normal person wouldn't take complete rejection from someone turning around. Steven may not have expected that reaction.)

Spinel deserved the treatment Lapis got considering the two. Lapis had her moment several times to be a good person and Barning Blue Diamond doesn't feel like it made up for anything. She never redeemed herself she did one grand gesture and is now pals for life with Bismuth and Peridot.

>"that's all you needed me for? to turn off my injector?"
>"No! .. Well, yes."

they'll bring em back for the finale at least

It's a resolution for the Diamonds too. They were going down a bad road when Pink rebelled, and her "death" drove them further into the dark.

Steven helped them start the healing process in Change Your Mind, and even though it came off campy in the movie, the Diamonds still have a long way to go to get over Pink, and now they can do that together with Spinel.

Okay, yeah. Steven's response was shit. But I still think it was a slip up on his part. Although it's rare for us to see Steven make a mistake like this, isn't it? Bad writing, or a stressed Steven?

Attached: 1470422378709.jpg (399x559, 34K)

I would have made there be less focus on retelling the arcs the main Crystal Gems. We already know each character's arc so just telling them over again doesn't really do much. It's clear the parts of the story that resonated with people more were the new elements like Steven growing older, Spinel's introduction, and getting to see Greg fuse with Steven. I also would have had Spinel stay, but I'm at least happy her character is living a better life now. Hopefully she comes at some point next season. People would really like to see her again.

>I would have made there be less focus on retelling the arcs the main Crystal Gems
I agree with you in principle, but I can't say for sure how we could have gotten Steg out of the movie without that.

>I would have made there be less focus on retelling the arcs the main Crystal Gems.
I heard this was supposed to be an entry tier film for new fans. I guess that's why we had to deal with recapped shit.

I kind of agree, but I also loved the different musical numbers we got out of it.

most films are entry tier shit
mlp movie pulled that shit too

Do they expect people to watch the entry tier film and then jump into a series at its midway point? Weird choice

because there will be other people who didn't watch steven universe before, user. In case they do watch the movie

who gives a shit about those people

I believe the movie is created to make money, user? You are not the only one in this universe

if theres five seasons of it, all a movie needs to do is not be completely nonsensical to outsiders. it doesn't need to literally recap every character arc

Option C: Rose's/Steven's charisma ability faded at the worst possible moment

I believe the movie is created to temper the rabid fan backlash of there not being a season 6. Just because they say the story of the crystal gems isn't over doesn't mean that Steven Universe isn't over, there's still comics.

user there is a s6, just accept it and stop seething

>of there not being a season 6
doubt it, and with people wanting Spinel to return I'm sure they'd want to do something in order to have more cash in their pockets in the future for Steven Universe

Who doesn't hate Pink Diamond? She took the worst possible decision every fucking time.

For fuck's sake, she almost killed baby Sour Cream! It's like she was designed to make bad decisions.

Killing herself was unironically the only good thing she ever did. The only reason Steven is good for the galaxy is because he's not like his mother.

Attached: 1560789071268_1.png (736x1153, 1.77M)

>because he's not like his mother
for now, but he's slowly turning to be like her

>Steven wakes up, it's his 17th birthday
>he now has gigantic tits

I disagree. Chances are, she's just going to turn back into being the Court Jester. The Diamonds like her because they remind her of Pink. The best for her would be actually ending her mindset of being just the "Jester"

guess it puts stevonnie to good use :^)

I think hes talking about GT.

i think she likes being a jester
she needed to learn that it's ok to walk away from a situation if it's not giving out what she's putting in

Ehhh. Being an Jester for a bunch of lonely old ladies isn't exactly what i'd say is an good way to live. The diamonds like her because she reminds them of Pink. Spinel went with them because they, like Pink, are people who she can just be a Jester for. They're not evolving, they're just going back to their old ways. It's not really something that's going to be good in the long term.

Have Bismith hang out with her old gem pals.

You can’t heal in the environment that made you sick. All of the Diamonds, and Spinel, need to be out of the entire Homeworld environment.

Spinel especially would benefit from being on Earth where she can make friends with people who aren’t Gems.

>being a queen who lives in a palace is a bad way to live

That's the part that bothers me the most. I WISH I could think they had a great time together, and manage to slowly get over their Pink problems together. But with the reprise of Let Us Adore You already being kinda unsettling with how actually uncaring it sounds, plus how they instantly go form "Steven we can't stand being without you" to "OK fuck off Steven we found this funny thing of Pinks" makes me think of the three of them abandoning Spinel again leaving her thinking more than ever that no one will love her. Like Spinel's gonna hop back in the warp and run back to The Garden crying her eyes out.

Just make the Diamonds seem less like uncaring freaks who from the start only wanted Steven to stay because they thought he was a funny thing, or at the very least have them laugh together and really bond with Spinel over how Pink left them behind and it'd feel less like she got fucked because Steven didn't want to deal with her.

That's what i've been saying about Spinel. But i mean, i don't know about the Diamonds. They still have to run the Gem authority, right? They'd have to install some sort of regent for that. Or just rule from Earth. Both sound interesting.

>she can make friends with people who aren’t Gems
thats a terrible idea for her and you know it
Whats Spinel gonna do when her human friends end up dying from being human?

I was wondering why she changed direction during the Gomu Gomu no Rocket

They're not going to turn Spinel into the new Diamond, user. She's just going to be the Jester. That's it. That's why they take her- she reminds them of Pink, and she can go make her funny tricks.

spinel's reaction to betrayal isn't tears, it's regicide

Regicide THEN crying because she doesn't know what to do after.

the show is optimistic, so probably not

Hopefully she’ll have learned to deal with loss by then. Like a being who can healthily deal with their emotions. Or Steven can Pink Zombie her favorite. Like in the self insert fanfic I have to stop myself from wanting to write.

That sounds like an long-term problem. By then, she'll be ideally good enough to not go completely ham. And if they die by getting hit by a car on the middle of the street, just fetch Steven the Spit Necromancer to revive them.

>spinel wept for there were no more friends to kill

>Whats Spinel gonna do when her human friends end up dying from being human?
Hook up with Lars.

>Spinel backstabs Steven in the garden and knocks his ass out cold leaving him to rot there
>She then repoofs Pearl and Ameythst and throws them over the horizon while fooling Garnet into thinking its a game
>At this point the entire continent Steven lives on is now unlivable for organic life

Probably deal with it better than literally being told "wait here I'll come back." unless, like, the new friend's a dick to Spinel and says "i'm going to sleep. I'll wake up in a bit" and she's left waiting for them to wake up.

Id have Spinel try to kill Steven when the diamonds show up only to get instant poofed by YD, then shattered by white diamond.

Rule of cool bitch

I'm was worried about the jester thing too but under era 3 I doubt she'll will be limited to that role. The diamonds realized they fucked up with pink so they see spinel as a 2nd chance so I guess they plan to pamper and smother her with affection. Maybe she can become the new party planner and we get another hw ball episode.

Have Steven return Connie's kiss at the end. Seriously I thought they were building to that. Hell it didn't even have to be on the lips. Just a peck on the cheek woulda been enough for me.

>hw ball that isn't shit
>led by wholesome loved spinel
oh this would be so cute

>Steven and Spinel fusion and their fusion fixes the whole Poison issue
>Connie helps Steven get his powers back more actively rather than just be on the sideline. Have her mention how much he's changed and how much he's helped her change.
>Steven and Connie fuse to battle Spinel and give the whole "Change" song
>Lapis and Peridot fuse to slow down the poison with a combination of Metallic and Water powers
I would have liked someone to get shattered, but overall I don't think this was the right villain to do it with as Spinel is the perfect type of character who should be redeemed.

Attached: tumblr_a319cff3f7418daebd85d018349687cc_64ea6bdb_400.jpg (283x199, 11K)

Well, she did liberate the crystal gems and lit the fire that eventually reformed the empire. Steven had to be the one to finish the job and clean up every mess his mother left behind, but I wouldn't say that she did zero good things in her time as Rose.

Attached: crystal gems.jpg (1280x1536, 290K)

>Steven and Spinel fusion and their fusion fixes the whole Poison issue
could be neat
>Steven and Connie fuse to battle Spinel and give the whole "Change" song
she had nothing to do with the conflict in the movie, having her there would be odd
>Lapis and Peridot fuse to slow down the poison with a combination of Metallic and Water powers
this is the one piece of lapis character development they absolutely cannot just handwave off as fanservice, since shes a rapist.

"Hey Jasper/yo what up sis"

Go fuck yourselves.

>she had nothing to do with the conflict in the movie, having her there would be odd
I thought she was actually try to jump in when steven was climbing up the injector. It would have worked just fine imo. She and Steven fight together all the time and having her not do anything was fairly strange. They could have had them fuse when steven got dropped or even before he got dropped off the injector.

>this is the one piece of lapis character development they absolutely cannot just handwave off as fanservice, since shes a rapist.
It would have been a neat way to show that she's grown in her relationship with Peridot to a point where they are comfortable enough with fusing even temporarily. It would be more than fanservice for both of these characters depending on how they handle it.

>She and Steven fight together all the time and having her not do anything was fairly strange. They could have had them fuse when steven got dropped or even before he got dropped off the injector.
then spinel would have been like '...who the fuck is this' it would just have been awkward

>It would have been a neat way to show that she's grown in her relationship with Peridot to a point where they are comfortable enough with fusing even temporarily.
...yes? showing that casually is like pissing on enough material for several episodes. id be like if they showed jasper getting over rose offscreen or some shit

>showing that casually is like pissing on enough material for several episodes.
To each their own I guess? I think it would have been neat to see considering its been like 2 years and some stuff's bound to have been changing.

Attached: 346.png (569x615, 581K)

All I know is, in the unlikely event of a sequel, Spinel better throw a "That's all folks" while draped over a production logo in the credits.

>she had nothing to do with the conflict in the movie, having her there would be odd.

Not that user but having Connie fight with him can help drive home the idea that her actions are pushing people away from her and it's not going to give her what she really wants.

youtu.be/QxKXN6KwfYM

>yt3.ggpht.com/n_hqGbdWTlWtfJtZiHWpZ4DXhIZHYELWy4c69ITpGbjO1uCu6VEjDNdjxRfw9VP3HcWlkJc9VgOFX48=s711-nd-rwa

Could have had her drift in on Lion or teleport to him.

Should have had a tidier resolution for the injector and MAYBE some small allusion to where Spinel got it in the first place. They could have made the explanation of the 'rejuvenator' make it a bit clearer that their plan to help the Gems SHOULD work, rather than casting it so strongly as a totally random guess and long-shot (eg. explain that usually gems were subjected to multiple repeated 'treatments').

yeah best song lacking a refrain is stupid

this for sure

I had this exact thought, and really think it might be true, that this whole concept for Spinel, and her seeking revenge as a Special / Movie, was originally the plan for Pink Pearl. Makes me curious what the new plan might be, if any.

yeah, some stronger inference that Spinel was very happy to get rejuvenated as a kind of suicide, would have been good.

this is as hilarious and sad as ever for this franchise, but I honestly didn't notice any of it until you pointed it out to me. definitely the disappearing/reappearing Steven and the disappearing/reversing legs should've been better, but shit like changing direction and all action magically gravitating to the drill is kind of meh IMO.

GT isn't canon. 17 had a different ending in Super.

It was a nice bit of background storytelling to see the Rose Quartz portrait moved to a less crazy worshipful position. Would be even better if it continued to the next season with it being straight up gone, and maybe one day we see it half under a sheet in storage somewhere.

Steg was like a supernova. Once in a lifetime, gone too soon. All the more beautiful for it.

Attached: Inconsistent.png (628x2037, 865K)

Vegeta has also been getting his pride and ass shit on since Goku first throttled him.

Scene where Spinel needs to take a fat shit from all the food she ate on Earth but is unable to because there are no bathrooms on homeworld and the diamonds won't let her leave because they're too busy adoring her, thinking her newfound intestinal distress is just an entertaining act.
After narrowly splattering her knickers all over Whites pristine floor she manages to grab a warp to earth and runs over to Steven house and barges in, begs Steven and Amythest to help her.
They oblige by sending her to the bathroom with instructions on how to poop, with a children's book as supplementary help
Spinel then spends an excruciating 3 hours in the bathroom blasting ass, it sounded like mix between a giant whoopee cushion and a pig slaughter house
Spinel contemplated her existence, she thought of pink and all the pain inside herself, was this going to be her last moment?
As the last of the diarrhea dump dropped from her quivering pink bunghole she sighed in relief, following the instructions of the book they gave her she wiped, flushed and left the bathroom, she saw Greg and realized she needed to wash her hands, and did so before leaving.
The Diamonds went through the same thing after Spinel told them of her experience, she told them of food but forgot to tell them about what came after it.
They had visually stunning and pristine brightly colored diamond dumps, their amazing look betrayed their sub optimal smell.
Little Homeworld was actually elated to have the extra methane gas and fertilizer.
Thankfully white and blue were too traumatized from the experience, leaving Yellow as the only one that still eats, it was actually a guilty pleasure she hid from the other diamonds after that.

if you're going to nitpick something, nitpick something that looks bad. that sequence was great

>final standoff
>Spinel blocks talk no jutsu
>beats the shit out of Steven (more than a bloody nose)
>she gives speech that cements she is irredeemable
>Steven knocks her off the drill
>her stretchy arm/leg get caught in the drill and she is pulled in, shattering her gem
>Steven and CGs cry/mourn her
>ends with Steven having a flashback to the happiest time Pink had with Spinel
>Steven cries and sings a mourning song that ends on a happy note

is this about what anyone else expected?

Attached: 1418613406616.jpg (286x176, 23K)

Steven suddenly remembers that what he's saying sounds bad to Spinel when she turned off the Injector and doesn't suddenly turn into a braindead autist just to keep the movie going.

MORE ACTUAL FIGHT SCENES
AN EXPLANATION OF HOW THE FUCK SPINEL GOT THE BIOPOISON AND THE REJUVENATOR

Have the Diamonds show genuine empathy by being able to relate that the loss of Pink hurt them and they also took that hurt out on Steven. Show them realize Pink treated Spinel in the same way that they treated Pink (infantlizing and ignoring her when it's convenient) and make them realize this is a chance to "do things better" with someone who's actually much more like Pink, rather than Steven who is clearly very different from Pink.

The inconsistent fight choreography is bad, user

you must be retarded, that's ok

it looked good in motion and that's all that matters

>2. Spinel faces the consequences of her actions and is forced to help clean up the mess she made.
Although I do agree that she should help Steven and the others clean up the Earth, I would prefer it if she decided to stay with him herself to do that. She already spent so much time away from Pink Diamond and it looks like she regrets doing what she did to the people she met so I think it would make sense for her to stay with Steven while she tells the Diamonds that she'll eventually come back for them. It would mirror what Pink Diamond did to her but she would actually come back the other Diamonds when she wants to instead of abandoning them. It would be her first steps into redeeming herself for what she did and improving herself. She can also learn how to treat other people better if she has more than three people to talk with.
I agree with you. I was hoping that she would have an electro swing motif, too.

I like this.

This
Stop fixating on spinel so much there were countless other issues

I would have liked to see gems and humans interacting slightly more than they did, but otherwise it was pretty on-point for what it should have been.

Would've loved to see Spinel kill a human, just to see how Steven would try to process it

The bismuth thing is nice

First episode:
>"Alright Steven, are you ready for an adventure?"
>"Yeah-"
>They froze as they heard a microphone boom out, "this is the police. We have your house surrounded. Come out with your hands up and nobody gets hurt." They looked out the window and saw masses of police cars, a SWAT team, even a news helicopter circling over the shack.
>"Well girls," Pearl shook her head, "looks like we gotta scare them again."
>"Uh, guys-" Steven was nervous, "I don't think that's a good idea-"
>"Oh Steven, they're just little humans. What could they possibly do?" One by one the Gems left the shack with Steven watching nervously out the window.
>"You ready girls?"
>"Yeah!"
>"Lets-"
>"She's got a gun, she's got a gun!" Before they could fuse, bullets ripped across the beach, tearing into the three like mince meat. "Go, go, go! Git da kid outta heah!" Officer Ruckus shouted, his gun still trained on Pearl or rather what was left of her: a vaguely humanoid shape with a torn mouth with little gem stones sprinkled around her.
>"No!" Steven cried, "WAAAHHH!"

Attached: Steven finds his life purpose.jpg (1106x1347, 488K)

> Final Battle with Spinel,
> During the fight the gems get poofed again,
> Steven partially destroys the Injector. But is badly wounded in the process.
> As the smoke clears a wounded and cracked spinel even madder reveals she has the gems bubbled.
> She glitches and limps into the top part of the injector which detaches like a ship and blasts into space with the bubbled gems.
> Bismuth, Lapis, Pdot, Connie and Lion show up.
> A reprise of...

youtu.be/HcFT_dZ_rOU

>...begins, now with updated lyrics. As the song goes on the credits begin to roll.

> take over the network, restructure it from Teen Titans the Network.

> give them a budget for 2 seasons of "Steven searching for the gems in Space"...

> THE PLOT WRITES ITSELF AND PRINTS FUCKING MONEY.

> make the reprise of "who we are" the intro for seasons 6 and 7

>Ronaldo goes full autist once he sees amethyst, ignoring HE HAS A FUCKING ALIEN COLONY ON HIS BACKYARD AND HALF THE POPULATION OF HIS CITY ARE ALIENS

That’s something he’d do. The guy’s an idiot.

Second Episode:
>Greg had gotten arrested for child neglect and sentenced to seven years in prison. Onion continued his domination and takeover of Beach City, Ronaldo as his buttboy. Peedee never got over his fear of Mascots and killed himself after seeing a Ronald McDonald actor at a birthday party. Pearl tried to find Steven but gave up, eventually returning to homeworld.
>Steven meanwhile... "WAAAHHH!"
>"Boy, you're goin' work and you goin' ta work hard. Or," a lash hit the ground. Steven's back was already covered with scars and his eyesight was weak from being exiled to that hut the Dunbars had stashed away in the forest. He knew damn well what Roger had in store for him. Steven was unresponsive, the light still blinding. "Boy, what did I say?" As the lash hit the ground, Steven remembered the horrible man's left eye which had some kind of fungoid growth.
>"Yes Papa sah, dun whips me again!" Steven pleaded.
>"Gud, now get pickin' BOY!" Steven immediately fell to the ground and stated tending to the tomato patch. His fellow kids glaring at him, one even throwing a dirt clod at his face.
>"Ow!"
>"Das what ya get," Rahem snarled, "you gettin' us in trouble again."
>"Yeah!" Snarled Lila, her beauty doing little to hide her vile dark eyes, "Every time you fuck up, Papa fucks all of us!"
>Another dirt clod hit Steven, making him cry: "STOP!"
>"Eh boy," 'Papa' came riding on a horse, "what did ah say 'bout startin' a ruckus?"

>you taste like dirt steven!

Where’s Lila from?

Third Episode:
>Steven managed to make enemies of everyone at the farm. Becoming the victim of many practical jokes and forced to hold the worst pen in the entire farm. Nobody wanted Steven so he had been placed in foster care, ending up with the Dunbars who ran an ailing farm out in the county. So Steven went from the half Gem hero to a slave in all but name in backwoods Mississippi.
>One day while cleaning his mess, he saw something through the chain link fence. He blinked, his eyes still weak, vaguely making out Papa and his terrible junkyard dogs he turned out on any who tried escaping. The figure got closer and closer until, "Ronaldo!" Steven cried, "help! Connie help!"
>Connie stopped with Kevin and stared, "who is that?" The two watching the filthy kid with the torn striped shirt jumping up and down like a maniacal monkey.
>Kevin gave the wickedest grin, "I have no idea. C'mon Connie," Connie moved beside Kevin, "let's leave that psycho fuck."
>"No..." Kevin slowly moved his hand to Connie's behind and winked at Steven before entering Papa's farmhouse. "NO!"
>"Hey fatfuck," one of the other children who was knee deep in pig droppings snarled, "shut the hell up!"
>Later, the back door opened and out stepped Papa with rage in his eyes. "WHERE'S FATTEH!?" The two dogs barking and diving into the yard, Kevin's laughter echoing as the man bought his fruit and drove off with Connie. Steven tried to run but slid in the mud and didn't have time to react as the dogs ripped into his arms.
>"No-AAAAHHHH!" The Dogs were relentless, Steven shrieked as he felt the jaws rip into his skin. The dogs dragging him through the mudwater which was quickly getting mixed in with blood.
>Papa watched for a few minutes before whistling and calling his dogs off. "Let that be a lesson fatteh, Stinks? Drag this piece o' shit into tha barn."
>"Yes sir." The taller kid walked over and kicked Steven in the guts before hauling him to what passed for their infirmary.

Hot

> Teen Titans the network

I second you, but changing the status quo is dangerous for show runners. The promise of setting the rest of the series in space and getting rid of all the townie shit is pretty good though.

Attached: 1377631637204.gif (185x200, 1.79M)

Steven and Spinel go full MGS4 and fist fight on top of Metal gear until they both collapse and have to talk because neither really has the drive to keep fighting.

Drop a "You're pretty good" in there to really drive it home.

Pearl's attachment issues are at such fever pitch that she'll fuck greg just to do what rose did.

Thats kinda hot? I wonder if Stegs flirtiness with her was the result of Greg?

Greg needs to get back into the Gym.

That implausible shipping shit is one facet of autism that I will never understand.

Fourth Episode:
>Steven has to go to school. Papa did everything in his power to fight against it: claiming he was sick, claiming he was ill, claiming he was retarded and forcing Steven to get a low score on his IQ test as proof. However, the State of Mississippi eventually wins and Steven watches Papa in his dirt stained coveralls growing smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. You would think that he felt relief but Steven didn't, still shivering at the image of his caretaker's disgusting left eye.
>But school wasn't great either, "hey fatshit!" One of the big fifth punched him right in the nose. "I hear you're in retard classes!" Steven had been thrown into special ed and the whole school knew about it. Making him the laughing stock of the entire student body. Not helped by Lila and Rahem telling everyone about Steven's fuckups.
>"Stop hitting me!" Steven cried, "WAAAHHH!"
>"Dah, look-" Steven felt the kneecap kick right into his chin, tasting blood as he fell onto the ground, "the little bitch is crying! AHAHAHAHA!" The school roared with laughter. Then the bully started stomping him, and the entire thing turned into a circus. A teacher stood watching, having gotten tired of Steven and needing someone to 'train' him into fitting in.
>Only stepping in when the bully started crushing Steven's left hand. Shouting, "THAT'S ENOUGH!" The kids backed away, "you had your fun. He's broken in now. GIT!" The bully gang left grumbling and the other kids snarled.
>"FUCK!" "I HATE THAT KID!" "Bro, we should throw rocks at him!" "Yeah, the little queer won't know what hit him. AHAHAHA!" Steven heard all of it, shivering in terror, knowing that these kids would tear him apart in a heartbeat if it meant even a brief respite from their shitty life. Or if they had that shiny 'white stuff' on the line, stuff they sniffed in the school bathroom during recess.
>Steven dusted himself and went to find a corner to cry in.

Steven says he's not his fucking mom and that he would care or her. Spinel stays on earth and becomes part of the main cast. Mostly in B team with lapis and peridot at little homeworld. Eventually Steven and spinel become a couple in the future.

Fifth Episode:
>Steven overhears Lila and the girls talking about him in school and it's not pretty. "Hey, you know Steven?"
>"Yeah, the faggot?"
>"Yeah, did you know he was raised by a commune full of lesbos?"
>"Really?"
>"Shit."
>"No wonder he's so queer."
>"Not only that, they made him stick a dildo in his ass everyday, saying that it made him closer to Jesus?"
>"Really?"
>"Oh shit!"
>"Damn, no wonder he's so queer. All he knows is cock. Cock sucking, cock riding, cock fucking, hell bet that cock lovin' sack of shit was a total slut."
>"And you know what they do to sluts?"
>"What?"
>"Well..."
>Later that day the mean fifth graders cornered Steven with Lila in the forefront, her vile eyes looking down at Steven and smiling. "Hey slut, we hear you was pretty dirty."
>"LEAVE ME ALONE!"
>"Get 'im, boys!"
>"NO! AHHHH!!!" The fourth grades held him down, the girls grabbing tuffs of his hair and tearing. Steven screaming as he felt the girls ripping out of his, droplets of blood falling onto the cement. Then, RIP, it was over. "AAAHHH!" Steven felt like he was scalped, the kids looking down at him and laughing, their trophies held in their hand.
>"That'll teach you." Lila smiled as she walked away and threw her tuft of hair right into Steven's face.

fucking a user

people can run in different directions and her leg can bend

>first the Penis Five yesterday
What?

Sixth Episode:
>Steven walks up to the chain link fence in the middle of the night, collapsing on his knees, and cries. His hands holding his head, weeping endlessly as he sees the stars in the great wide beyond. Twinkling, seeming so close yet so far, and all he wanted to do was go up there and leave this terrible world behind. One of his ears had bandages, having lost it from frostbite.
>He was missing three fingers, one on his right, two on his left, and somedays he woke up coughing blood. Apart of him knew his time was coming to an end. Papa refused to take him to the hospital, the other kids joined in the beatings, always blaming him for their fuckups, and his star shirt was gone. Instead of he was wearing a second hand rainbow fag shirt he had gotten from salvation army. But all he wanted was to see one person one more time, one person that he cared for...
>Then a car pulled up, out stepped Kevin and... Connie. "Kevin," she looked at her boyfriend, "I'm not entirely sure this is a good idea."
>"What do you mean, Fatima?"
>"Ya know..." Steven craned his last remaining ear to hear. "Farmer Dunbar might see us and..."
>"And..." Steven tried so hard to hear.
>"And... I'm not really good at this, ya know?"
>"Please," Kevin looked at Steven, smiling. "They called me the Pussy Slayer back in College."
>"Oh? Ok. Hahaha!" Connie giggled as she excitedly went back into the car.
>Kevin remained outside for a moment longer, grinning as he flipped off Steven before getting back in, the car turning off. Then it started rocking back and forth, Steven hearing Connie giggling, screaming, and giving sounds of absolute delight. "No..." What was left of Steven's spirit died, now his body...
>Blood started pouring from his mouth, "No..." Steven fell to the ground, sliding into the mud, coughing up more blood stuffed mucus. He felt his bowls give way. When they found in the morning, the Coroner decreed Steven died in a pile of his own blood, shit, and piss.

you can't keep being a child forever you know, so she is gonna have to deal with losing someone she cares about, only thing she can do is make as much memories with them as she can before it's their time.

OTP

Especially during the song when they talked about EVERYONE being there, and not having Jasper was just a bit of an insult to her.

I would have settled for a simple gag right at the end where she warping in carrying armfulls of stuff like she had been in the forest headbutting lumber for Nu-Homeworld and just asking what the hell happened while she was only gone for three days.

I'd liked to have seen a little more from Bismuth, Lapis and Peridot, especially since the Injector-based weapon should have been right up Peridots alley other than sayin "Yup, worlds dead yo."

And a slightly better resolution to the poison/Gregs arm without it just being "Steven kisses a lot.", even if it was something as simple as Greg's arm isn't quite 100% healed right or they have to crack open the Rose Fountain to counter the poison.

Other than that, the movie genuinely smashed my expectations on pretty much everything except wanting to see Jasper, following the last few episodes of the Diamond Arc i was very dissappointed and disenchanted with the series so this was a very refreshing sight. Emotional scenes, great music with every single song, good humour and fantastic expressions all around. The antagonist was one who Talk-Fu might actually work on without it being a massive cop out, somone having an emotional outburst is exactly the kind of character that talking them down can work with, unlike "Haha you're being childish White Diamond" "You're right Steven, I'm sorry I'll be good now.". Spinel genuinely seemed like the kind of character who needs a comforting few words, and even that didn't work she eventually turned herself around after wearing out her tantrum and realising how trivial she was being.

f

>papa
stopped reading there you cant be serious like i dont know what the fuck this is it even serious?

how did the gems start as a species

Man, are you seriously responding to a trollish greentext? Really bruh?

>You can't solve all your problems with friendship
Hooray!
>They solve the problem with friendship
Booo!
>Friendship didn't actually solve the problem
Hooray!
>Oh wait yes it did
Boo!

I was really hoping Spinel would've just, I dunno, STAYED EVIL. The super-confident stretchy genius that is Spinel during Other Friends was objectively the best Spinel, and it would've been an important lesson about, IDK, the Real World

Attached: spinel.png (537x242, 146K)

More Peridot
More Bismuth
More Spinel being adorable.

What a delightful story about Steven learning his life purpose.

The real world? What show do you think you’re watching?

But I mean, it didn't.

What solved the problem was Spinel going "Fuck, what am I even doing, why do I want to hurt you so bad.". Steven had nothing to do with that, that was all her own self discovery and nothing to do with the power of friendship or talk-no-jutsu.

Hey, anyone got a mega link to the movie? I wanna it again.

Someone needs to save this.

Lars getting a single line of dialogue.

>had nothing to do with Steven
>he explicitly tells her she has to be the one to change
Did you even listen to the song.

mega.nz/#!QegW1IyD!EaK_kBmjf_O-riWjmh-t99RNPCooAb-acViSZ5Hnppc

Anyone can say some vague shit and then take credit when something happens. People do it on the internet all the time.

Spinel won, she ended stevens happily ever after.

vocaroo.com/i/s11vNQzsmlsv
There, I made it better.

There never was one. Not as long as Rose’s fuckups still existed.

>think about starting to watch anime to bridge the gap for the season 6 hiatus
>see this clip
thanks for the wake up call, that would have been a mistake

>vocaroo.com/i/s11vNQzsmlsv
That was kind of a mess, user.
It fought against itself rather than combining.

Yeah it's my first time doing something like this and lo and behold it's not as easy as I'd assumed. I still need to rework some of the transitions in the earlier sections but I dunno, I feel like halfway through it starts to work.

Fucking this. Such a nice scene but so much shit is off

Lapis/Peridot/Bismuth fusion after Alexandrite showed up

a kinda "hey good idea lets do it to" kind of thing

also Steg announcing himself as "Mr. Multiverse" would have been hype

I know the show doesn't remind you very often but the Diamonds spent most of the show trying to murder Steven. Even if they didn't understand that what they were doing was wrong, even if they needed resources, they have still killed billions, including humans. He is going out of his way to completely forgive them for everything as long as they work towards making shit better, it's understandable that he might still be a bit cold.

GT.

Attached: Super 17.gif (400x300, 1.05M)

Interesting observation! It's pretty clear to me Steven was the true villain for:
>He refused to grow up.
>He antagonized his fellow foster kids with his obnoxiousness.
>Papa was trying to make him learn, but Steven refused to.
Take for instance Papa's lessons on self reliance that Steven just ignored and threw right back in his face. Papa shows remarkable clarity and patience when he disciplines Steven after Kevin showed some concern. Creating a bigger barrier between him and the foster kids. In fact, Steven's refusal to grow more mature and show even a lick of empathy towards others in similar circumstances showcase signs of mental retardation, a lack of empathy, and a drastic case of ADD proving that, yes, Papa was right to keep him out of the public education system.

In fact, we even see evidence of the teachers struggling to teach Steven due to a mental incapability to learn the material. Instead Steven chooses to be immature and keep obsessing over Connie showing signs of hardcore obsession disorder. Furthermore, I'd like to point out that Papa:
>Clothed Steven.
>Taught Steven a skill.
>Gave a roof over his head.
>Fed the fat fuck to the point where he died from a liver infection.
It's pretty clear to me that Papa cared about Steven but the little autist, in a classic case of sociopathy, mistreated him. Creating a rather tragic, but accurate, observation of Steven's character.

I feel it would have been more impactful if Connie was aware of Steven and had sex with Kevin to spite him while he watched. But just an observation

Super is no more canon than GT

Man... Why didn't I think of that? It's like that moment Stephen King gets where he sees an exploding killer vending machine or something.

this scene, but with spinel/jasper/steven

Attached: source.gif (500x213, 977K)

It would show him how he wasted his life being a gluttonous immature piglet instead of maturing, by watching a girl he lusted after be taken by a strong young man as she teaches him shortly before he goes to hell for his depravity.

Jasper and Spinel going to therapy together

Attached: disgusted otis.jpg (1014x783, 49K)

Steg is proof that Greg loves Pearl enough to fuck his own son in front of a third of the town for her well being.

Spinels are specifically made for just that purpose. She'll be happiest with an appreciative audience forever.

Why would there need to be a season 6? The show has had 2 finales now. Is there a better way for it all to end than the curtain literally closing on Steven singing and crying?

After all the emphasis on little HW and gems wanting to go there for a new start, It felt kind of lame that it wasn't what Spinel ended up doing, too. Plus, an ending where she helps fix the damage she caused in her new home and around the town would have been nice. Something to do at all times as opposed to just standing or clowning, good people all around her.

Epilogue:
>It was a warm and sunny day when they found Steven, a terrible day to die. Papa could barely hold back tears, looking at the chubby boy, slowly getting zipped up in a bodybag. "I loved that boy as if he were mah own son," his eyes were watering, "poor kid. Ah gotta go..."
>Papa walked away, his head down, his two really friend dogs trailing after him. The other foster kids watched Steven leave the farm in silence, Rahem shaking his head. "Man, that Steven was like a brother to me. Like he was there in the streets but when the time came to get real, he just couldn't do it."
>"Yeah," Stinks agreed, staring dejectedly at the sky. "Poor Steven. The pigs loved that kid." Stinks noticed Lila crying her eyes out right next to him, the tall boy gently laying a hand on her shoulder. "There, there, Little Lady. I'm sure Steven is in a better place now."
>Lila looked up, her makeup washing down her cheeks and her nose completely stuffed. "He was so..." She started crying again.
>"There, there..." Stinks hugged her, then Rahem.
>Steven however saw one thing and one thing only: a flaming gate with devils whipping and tormenting the damned, shepherding them inside. One of them pranced up to Steven, it's genitalia replaced by a horrible face that went: "WELCOME TO HELL, FATTY!"
>"No... WHAAAAHHHH! I DON'T WANNA-I DON'T-" He turned and saw an image from the mortal world.
>Kevin and Connie sitting in bed together, Kevin inspecting Connie's rather volpatrous lingerie while Connie was barely able to keep her eyes off Kevin's well sculpted muscles. "Hey Kevin..." She tenderly moved his right cheek. "I'm open to experimentation. Wanna fuck my ass?"
>"Sure babe. But... Kind of feel like we're being watched ya know?"
>"Oh, but that's the thing..." Connie turned and looked directly at Steven. "We are." She then leaped upon Kevin.
>"No.... WAAAAHHHH!"
>The Demon picked up Steven, staring at him with it's horrible reptilian eyes, before tossing him through the gate.

Delete the movie

Perfection

Made it a two parter. Feels rushed

this shit was glaringly bad. how do you fuck up that hard? surprised so many people seem to have not noticed it

Wow, what an edgy faggot you are.

Hi Sugar!

Attached: 7b2.jpg (1211x1000, 346K)

Can’t wait for the sequel where Steven is revived only be in servitude of Kevin and Connie and raise their child whenever there fucking.

Retarded, too! Perhaps you should go to the fluffy pony threads on /trash/ if you want to write grotesque tripe?

Awfully hypocritical for someone who drew underagers going at it.

- Removed the whole injector threat, was too high stakes for the kind of story it was and ended up being a detriment to the narrative. It's only good point is springing everyone into action fast, but that was already done by the gems getting poofed. Restoring everyone to their original state should've been the main stakes of the movie, not some dumb world ending "threat" that amounts to nothing because the writers didn't take it seriously.
- Replace it with more focus on the damage that scythe does to gems' psyche. If the damage Spinel does is more personal to the gems, she's both easier to redeem and easier to empathize with. The entire could have been that she's trying to inflict the kind of pain she went through to the people she's envious of, not "lol i kill ur planet"

That shut her up. Damn.

this is art

drawfags get in here and commemorate this

he literally used times 3 talk no jutsu, it's his signature move

but breaking Steven's nose was refreshing

Second

So GT?

Fucking based.

Thirded.

Fourthed

Remove the amnesia plotline.

The whole fucking point of this is that they can retry a relationship knowing the pitfalls of the old one that they can avoid. The original one had flaws but that doesn’t suddenly means you scrap everything away

I don't know, I kind of like the fact that the Diamonds are being "Good" now but doing so not because it was the right thing, but because they were asked with no concept or perception of what why.

They clearly don't give a shit about it but are willing to comply because they want pink back, or at least their connection with her back. Yellow dismantled a bunch of her outposts and White is parroting sunday school lessons about "Lesser bein- I mean. EQUAL beings, right Steven?" but it's all clearly forced, not in a writing kind of way but in a character way as they are forcing themselves to play along with what is possibly to them, just yet ANOTHER one of "Pinks" fun little games that they are happy to comply with.

It all seems so hollow and that is perfectly the kind of way I'd imagine the Diamonds embracing being "Good".

Attached: 0-StevenWas.png (960x530, 101K)

The vibe I got is that they are learning to adapt rather than playing along

we now know Steven was not for sexual. That's Steg's job.

I know some of these points were already brought up but:

>Spinelle having more of a presence motif-wise (you can hear it a little bit in the first Pearl song)
>not just carting her off with the diamonds to not be plot-relevant in Season 6
>A reprise of Other Friends at the end
>Connie doing something rather than showing up and immediately disappearing OR Connie not being in the movie at all
>ACTUALLY USING THE CRYSTAL GEMS LEITMOTIF

I love how suddenly they all loved Steven, or if it's an act for the authorities, which makes it even better.

It was to toughen him up like Master Shake does for Meatwad.

The whole point of Season 5 was Steven showing how flawed the Diamonds and their way of life were, I think pink is fuel but the diamonds would still slowly become good or alteast better if Steven wasn't pinks son

>first 16 minutes of the movie actually show how steven and the town have changed
>after showing how the town has changed, have the "perfect day" close out with sadie and the ladykillers' concert, which spinel crashes
>steven and the gems chase her, and THEN we get Other Friends to play
>make the animation in Other Friends feel less choppy, they definitely were trying to save money while animating that scene and it fucking SHOWS
>remove the rejuvenator
>steven goes to get help from little homeworld immediately after the gems get poofed instead of going home, sitting, and stuffing his fat fucking face while waiting for the problem to sort itself
>change spinel so that part of her anti-steven plan also involves going to the moon and shit, make multiple threats
>with all the time you save from the rejuvenator subplot, make Lars and the Off Colors take care of the other threats Spinel has set up
>No Opal unless Nicki Minaj agrees to come and voice her (long fucking shot, especially since she retired today)

Because Yea Forums is bitter

What's next for SU is some kind of gaiden series. They're probably imagining it as 'Steven Universe: Z', but it won't end up actually anything like that, both for lack of vision (will be of essentially the same tone and same exact styling as the first series) and resources (would probably be budgeted and laid out all in one go). It also might be to just continue with more TV movies.

Someone should screencap these.

what's next for SU is cancellation

Okay, so, I haven't watched this show since "Gem Harvest" thus I'm pretty behind. Will I still enjoy the movie?

Dumbasses not knowing the Spinel let go of the drill to act as a sling with the force of the stretched pull and crystal gems had a "oh shit" moment and tried to run from getting sliced.

The whole thing was a non canon stage play, why would standing there have any effect on a gem

even if she did how would that magically propel her legs and feet from behind the crystal gems to behind her ?

It's a movie! There is two years missing anyway
I hadn't seen seasons 3-5 except for the last episodes where White Diamond pulls his gem out

How about take them all off planet for something new, like introducing us to whoever the diamonds build armies to fight.
Then maybe Spinel is a traitor and is helping the enemy then she does her shit to the main gems in the middle of nowhere, leaving the CGs stranded.
Then Steven has to co-op with Bismuth, Lapis and Peridot; allowing them some more screen time and development.

Steven hugs Spinel. That's all I wanted.

>tfw you wish the injector poison had actually worked and just put this wretched planet out its misery

Attached: 139205.png (498x594, 121K)

This. Just because Rebecca made a cute new jester waifu, that doesn't excuse that whole fucking scene

More rubber band electro swing song numbers. The only good songs in the whole thing were Other Friends, and Independent Together. The rest were fucking cancer and they lasted way too damn long. Pearls brainwash song describing things I don't think really counts as a song though. Either way there could have been a lot done with an old style electro swing musical. The earth poison plot was dumb, it should have just been a bomb. The whole world was supposed to be killed when that stuff injected into it. It got like 99% and nothing fucking died. Or if they really wanted to use the poison they could have had it have affected the Cluster which is still down in the core of the earth because I don't think the diamonds were able to fix that.

A longer runtime? The movie was perfect outside a few pacing issues that a longer runtime would fix.

STEVEN GIVING SPINEL A FUCKING HUG!

>bio-poison isn't world ending
>will still fuck up immediate area
>recoloring it to yellow to tie into the fact that dismantling an inter-galactic war machine like yellow diamond's forces so quickly likely had negative consequences while also having a neat callback
>the time limit is still taken more seriously so the townies don't get super cancer
>spinel still has the "what am I doing this for" realization but instead of apologizing she fucks off
>maybe switch the injector to succ mode before leaving or have peridot 'hack' it
>Steven and friends and the audience learn that some people's trauma's are so easily fixed while also having a happy-ish ending for the kids movie
>end scene is spinel and jasper talking about their diamond and forming a bond
I don't know if this makes it a better movie, but I'd like it better personally.

There's not a lot to find fault with. But yeah, the big poison thing happens and nothing happens? They could at least have killed off a few townspeople. Then, there was at least one wrecked section of houses. That's a lot of stuff destroyed. Lives ruined, etc. No fallout from that. Just a paint it over montage? White D doesn't wave her hands and neutralize it. They don't freeze it. They don't run an electrical current through it, etc. They don't draw it back into the injector, which was the easiest thing to do. They don't even go get one of the Kindergarden machine cylinders and do that.

By letting go.

>no hug
Spinel was shafted a good ol hug MULTIPLE times. Spinel needs many more hugs to make up for this.

BASED and HUGpilled!

Attached: 1567566209315.png (1280x720, 388K)

Attached: no more hugs will.gif (187x220, 610K)

that would propel her away from the injector retardo

>thinking Drift Away and Let Us Adore You is bad and too long
Opinion discarded

We will never understand looney toon physics, the only real complaint is her legs weren't drawn when the crystal gems were running because they probably thought it look less cool with spinel's legs taking up half the screen.

Attached: judge doom.gif (450x270, 997K)

GIVE ME THE GUN, CARLTON!

No songs, main group are all now competent martial artists, and weapons are used only as a last resort. Keep the "Damn, man, I'm just sick and tired of this shit!" Steven radiates, but man him the fuck UP. No crying unless he's injured.. What is he, Caillou in his teen years?!

>Spinel doesn't jab her injector into Earth at first. It floats there, but because of it's contents Peridot says it's better to have Spinel move it away then move it by force. It's when Spinel has her second breakdown that she jabs it into the Earth and inject it.
>Show the citizens of Beach City and Little Homeworld interacting more. Maybe have Videl painting portraits of the Gems there.
>Have a scene between Pearl and Spinel where she explains that Rose always wanted to go back for her, but one thing or another kept stopping her (the war, warp breaking)
>More Bismuth, Peridot and Lapis being useful. Perhaps Peridot could help Steven restoring Amethyst back.
>Spinel helps clean up the damage she caused at the end. It's when the Diamonds show up a few weeks later that they offer her the chance to come with them that she accepts.

>No Songs
You’re so gay

Jasperfags still seething about their background character

Ronaldo’s existence is a complete contradiction to the world of this series. I literally see no reason why Sugar thought that his character was a good idea.

People cry when they think the world is gonna end or when their close relatives have Alzheimer’s

well...yeah...doesn't Sucrose copy every anime she's ever seen?

The songs could be more than the title repeated 30 times.

What bothers me the more I think about it is that Garnet and Steven kinda got these single words of 'Truth' and 'Change' as kind of these sum of their characters and their arcs, but going back to Amy and Pearl, you get 'pew pew' and 'four armed human dick' as their main motivators for remembering. Would have been a lot better if there was similar scenes with the words 'friendship' and 'independence' for the two of them.

Meh, songs worked.

If she's a background character then why does she take center stage in every episode of Jasperdemptionseason6 hmmmm?

I hope you got that out of your system.

Not until someone immortalizes, crystallizes, the image of Steven dying in his own feces's. Knowing he had gotten cuckolded by Kevin, a superior male. A renaissance tapestry in the making, really.

Maybe the show is fundamentally flawed then.

Your opinion is hardly fundamental

don't make it a recap.

build spinel up and ensure she has an actual presence as a villain.don't have her randomly appear after a musical number. have her wreck the gems around an hour in, including resetting herself, and then have the moral dilemma about bringing her back.

If it were say a Red Diamond who was so irredeemably cuntish and joyous about the fact, then yeah. But Spinel would never have deserved to be shattered as it effectively drives home the point that people with shit pasts can never come back from it. And of course, Spinel never took glee from the act itself, only what it represented to Steven. As in, she was glad the world was ending because it was hurting Steven. As soon as she realised Steven wasn't a bad guy and she was needlessly being destructive, she was more than willing to stop her engine and was remorseful.

If a Red Diamond never had a shitty past because she was shitty from Day 1, then yeah fine, shatter that bitch.

I was expecting Spinell to hide from the diamonds because she stole a planet-destroying superweapon, but it looked like in the end she hid because she looked messy. I'd have it end like this:
>The diamonds show up looking for Spinell
>She hides because of the stolen weapon
>Steven tells her it's okay and that the Diamonds will be happy to see her
>They take her with them to live in the palace
The diamonds have Spinell shattered so this never happens again

>all these subhumans saying Connie should fuck off so Steven can be with Spinel
>connie boring and old gem new and exciting leave old for new ooga booga
You will never find true happiness in a long-term relationship, your life will always feel unfulfilled and hollow, and you have only yourselves to blame

Attached: 1567721693906.jpg (800x592, 42K)

I would have added a 30 minute hardcore sex scene between Spinel and Steven.

Connie is unironically the vanilla choice. We like Steven with other people. Personally I go for Kiki Pizza.

I always hated Connie tho

we just want to see a spinel fusion

Nah, Steven and Connie are good together. I don’t want Spinel to hook up with Steven so I can imagine having her all to myself.

>fewer songs
>better songs
>no recapping
>different fix for memory issue
>more evil and less "opsy the world is dying"
maybe give Spinel an army of other unhappy gems so even if she changed her mind they have to be stopped by force.

Stupid ideas

>movie starts normally
>infact all of it up until Spinel shows up is the same
>after Spinel poofs the Crystal Gems she just keep going on Steven
>finally Steven poofs Spinel
>he's utterly destroyed
>when all the gems reboot something happens to Steven
>Pink Diamond reboots
>the gem rips out of Steven leaving him dying as Pink reforms
>Pink actually has all of Stevens memories
>she takes all the crystal gems and spinel to homeworld
>Diamonds are so happy to see her
>Pink uses this to manipulate them into giving her all the control
>sets up whites fall and gets her poofed while making sure that Yellow and Blue won't usurp her
>slowly she reverts everything
>Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Spinel are the "New" Crystal Gems, a hyper competent military force Pink uses to take over the universe
>the oly Crystal Gems tries to fight but are severly undermatched
>movie ends with Pink on her throne looking at a photo of Steven, laughing and destroys it
>It's Pink's Universe now.

Attached: ambrea-wright-pink-brat.jpg (1920x2484, 539K)

Cut this shot. This fucking shot makes Spinel´s character make no sense. She got all she needed to kill Steven and travel to Earth from far away in the galaxy in less than 10 minutes.
If they had cut this, then that wouldn´t be a problem. 2 years is long enough for a gem to get all she needed and have the built-up rage to murder someone.
>I heard the story over and over again
One of the most famous lines from the movie and it makes no sense. The time span from went she heard the story and went to earth was like 5 minutes.
Also, they should have given Jasper a cameo or something.

Attached: spinel foreshadowing.jpg (1182x714, 94K)

it is an army boy cut.
really feels like a kelly strip

She had it on a loop

>I'm still on the fence about the Diamonds being permanently good now
They are clearly not good and only do shit to stay on stevens good side so he will cuddle them or whatever. depending on how steven dies they might go back to their old ways

elaborate

I read it in revers. The character change seems out of nowhere.
When I read Pink's Universe, I assumed it would be about the injector turning everyone into pinks servants like larz and lion

t.Connie

Pink was always an evil bitch, and being trapped inside of Steven would make anyone hate everything

Loop for 5 minutes? And how did she get it in a loop if they cut the transmission? She couldn´t have recorded it, the thing is like a skype call.

She's not trapped. She figured out the only foolproof way to gemsuicide.

you want fewer songs from a musical?

I used to do storyboard for a Barbie cartoon and changing perspective/location changing was one of the number one things we had to consider (together with charactor height); They would send it back to us if the animators weren't sure where is what.

I just wanted them to have a normal fucking kiss for fuck's sake. They've been dating for over two years and you really expect anybody to believe they're not past the fucking peck on the cheek stage? Like they're fucking seven?

Happily Ever After is a montage. Might have taken place over a few days or even weeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGMWL8cOeAU
Holy shit...

It's more a change I would make to the series itself, where Spinel was along for most of the series, like Steven accidentally warps to the garden and brings her back to Earth. Think of how Steven maturing might trigger her psychotic break. First by mirroring Pink in slowly tiring of her clownish antics, gravitating towards the other Gems, and running off at the reveal of Pink's plot. She'd know Steven isn't Pink, but doesn't care, just another person abandoning her, and there would be much more weight to her killing the Earth.

>fewer songs
lots of songs are what make it a musical
>better songs
write some songs then
>no recapping
necessary for a stand alone peice
>different fix for memory issue
write some scripts then
>more evil and less "opsy the world is dying"
this gem's cut has too many edges

youtube.com/watch?v=awRbyOM8uJ8

How can you tell? All the events happen simultaneously. Steven asks Pearl where Amethyst is, and then goes to Garnet and the off colors. It´s not a montage of a couple of days, it´s showing what a normal morning is in Steven´s life now.

See, when you sing it then it´s not as good.

The transmission need not be instant

Honestly?
Fix the really, REALLY bad animation continuity in this part onward
youtu.be/D1I6CyNqu-g?t=60
First off
>Spinel instantly jumps from one pose to the other
Then 1:23 onward
>she wraps her legs around the drill
>and then the rest of her around the lighthouse
>to then spring back, all fine so far
>except at 1:30 the CC runs towards her and Spinels legs are gone, no indication they followed her
>her going backwards implies she's getting pulled
>then when she lunges at CC her upper body passes??? her feet
>1:38 CC are turned AWAY from the Lighthouse
>obviously they wanted to do an anime af shot where Spinel went past them and cut them
>but somehow everyone did a 180
>Gems still in mid running so they clearly kept running
Like holy shit, this is autism at max level but it's so fucking bad

Nah it is pretty jarring and others have noticed

So that´s why I´m not so crazy about that scene.

Spinel goes to therapy instead of going to live with gems that also have issues.

Jesus it's worse then I imagined, shame because the song is good, but fuck did they not have story boarding? This is suppost to be a big event thing for CN and this shit goes? why even bother doing that in other cartoons if CN will not care

I wonder if the drill behind steven was meant to be some support leg but something fucked up and they just used another drill?
Either way, woof

>This was wrong!
>That was wrong!
>That should've been this!
>This should've been that!
It's literally the best piece of 2D animation to come out this decade. So just can it will ya?

Okay

>it's literally the best piece of 2D animation to come out this decade.

Attached: source.gif (288x198, 1.23M)

The movie essentially proves that the crew is better at making an action musical than writing a cartoon

I just love Tale of Steven so much. Reminds me of the Chordettes.

Attached: who did this.png (953x518, 441K)

Pearl reboot song for Peridot, Lapis and Bismuth, who also should've been brought in once all the CGs were poofed; There's a warp pad right fuckin there.

Steven saying "Im not gonna cry anymore"

Even though I loved Spinel and could appreciate some of the animation and art direction I think most of the movie was bad. Taking the weakest aspects of the show and just magnifying them with worse music (I understand why more songwriters were brought but the best songs in the film are written mostly if not solely by Rebecca).

Other than that I was glad to see an older and slightly more mature Steven. His reaction to when Spinel turns on him again and the moment of hopelessness he shows was great.

I would change almost everything else about the movie though.

Injecting it slowly would have cause everything on earth to wither away, injecting it all in one go turned the city in a pool of lava.

Puberty makes you an asshole, Steven child like innocence and optimism is just going to go down not that he is growing up. Maybe he becomes wiser and a better fighter but ironically is getting worse at the thing he does best.

To put it in simpler terms, I don't think Movie Steve would have released Lapis from the mirror or give Peridot or Bismuth another chance.

she sploodged instead of injecting it, the sploodge demolished beach city but didn't kill the planet.

this is mostly it; Spinel is high-maintenance, needs and craves attention and love. She was made to and--more importantly--likes feeling that way.Steven's empathetic, but he both has too many friends and too complicated a history to really dedicate the time to Spinel she'd want.

The Diamonds, on the other hand, are looking for someone to adore, and Spinel is looking for people to please. Individually, these can be recipes for unhealthy or lopsided relationships, but together Spinel and the Diamonds meet each other's needs and wants.

>Rebecca as trying to do, she was trying to illustrate dealing with (and im sorry for using this word) toxic people, and how its ultimately up to them to change, not for you to change them, but when you compare it to how the rest of the show has been, Steven just comes off as uncharacteristically callous and cold to Spinel.
>Nigga didn't even give her a hug. God knows she needed one

Boys like Steven need affection , not someone trying to kill your ass.

Attached: 1563383899281.png (1920x1090, 1.02M)

Loved the movie. My only beef is that I would have just enjoyed Spinel staying put on Earth to live with Steven and co. or living in that new gem town. But, since her VA is an expensive Broadway performer, we'll probably see her again when flying pigs emerge from a flash-frozen Hell... goddamnit...

Something I've realized about Spinel is that she doesn't even seem that bitter towards pink for leaving her. She's bitter at being left, she's bitter at the people she befriended and took with her, but we almost never hear her badmouth pink. Hell she mentions "you know what it meant to love her and you remind me so much of her." I think at her most upset she can't bring herself to hate Pink. In her own words she's just lashing out at a bunch of strangers. Had Pink/Rose still been alive she might've been easier to talk down. I mean she'd still have been pissed but it wouldn't be the utter feeling of an empty existence as the knowledge that the only person in the entire world she loved is gone and can/will never play with her again.

the animation is fine it's a background issue not even a big one

Attached: 1567799251070s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

dark thought, but given her programming is she even capable of hating pink? even if she wanted to? she was specifically created with affectionate feelings in mind, instead of generic servitude like a pearl

Attached: 1546633126966.png (1100x1400, 526K)

Probably not. She's probably most upset that Pink ended their game in the most unsatisfying way ever. Pink can never come back and find her. Pink can never even apologize because she no longer exists. She is a Spinel robbed of literally the only thing that gave her life purpose. It's also sad when you think of how recent, relatively this is for her. She lived 1,000s upon 1,000s of years but Pink has only been well and truly dead about 16 years. That's like spending your entire life working in the catacombs so that you can finally have enough money to go see Notre Dame the day after it burns down.

Because I didnt care at the time, and I still dont now.

>mentions Connie
>calls everyone else subhuman
Mmkay.

The Crystal Gems turned around to get out of the way when they realized Spinel was doing an attack.

Christ you people will scrutinize anything

Attached: 1518392433145.jpg (320x240, 14K)

How about no cop out ending that doesn't go back to the status quo leaving out a potential addition to the main cast?

It was dumb as shit that Spinel basically just walked away from her problems at the end and this is seen as a fucking happy thing.

>leaving out a potential addition to the main cast?
user that never happens. just be glad she isn't rotting in a barn and written by zuke

Attached: SS_2.png (1366x768, 647K)

FUCK YES

Its the same problem I have with Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth. Can't disrupt the status quo enough that they move in and join the group. They've got to move away to side character farm.

Sadie and Lars deserve to be forgotten they're both trash

>DBZ actually does the talking/redemption arc stuff better that Steven Universe could ever do because several characters have been redeemed through talking and others had to be destroyed.
>others had to be destroyed

Literally only Perfect Cell and Nappa at this point. Everyone else has been fully or partially redeemed, Freeza even has an empire, and that's just fine. Also

>Shitting on Buu, while praising Cell
Fuck off, at least Buu's gimmick of not being defeated by pure powerlevels was there from the getgo, Toriyama just made shit up as he went along for why Cell didn't die several times.

I think Lars was the guy who said "Wait What" when Sadie said "Who's here because it's the end of the world!?"

this was a big pet peeve for me as well

ah nice catch

I don't know user I was like that with my future wife 8 years and we both were friends from 8th grade.
The movie sets Steven at 16 so Connie should be about early 14 I think...

Connie is fifteen months younger than Steven, so she should be a young fifteen.

Connie was 12 in the TV show and Steven was 14
so she should be 14 1/2

She was 12 3/4 on his 14th birthday.

Okay makes sense, I remember that be case some faggot was making a big deal about the age gap saying they didn't like a teen Steven hanging out with a child Connie. LMAO

your first point really stood out to me while watching
>"if all the poison goes in, it'll kill all life on earth within 41 hours!"
>all the poison goes in
>"well let's all stand around and chat instead of trying to fix the earth ending poison i guess"

i was shocked when the diamonds just left without fixing everything. they commented on the destruction and I was waiting for white to just shoot some sort of cleansing beam or something. instead they leave, cut to a montage of everything just... getting better? somehow?

i liked the way she laughed as he cut her down. she knew what he was going to go through, and was robbing all her Other Friends of the time they got to spend with Pink.

i think they wanted to make it accessible to people that didn't know the show very well, or maybe hadn't seen it at all. it was still a cartoon network movie, and they normally don't need you to have done much homework for you to enjoy.

People bitch about the stupidest things I can see if Steven was 30. Classic internet faggots!

legitimately should have pushed a baby into pearl during the music sequence

they're still pretty young dude, in some parts of the country teen couples start banging at like 14, but in some places believe it or not it's still normal to wait for prom night or graduation. or marriage in the really christian places.

either way from the way she hesitated and his reaction to being kissed it seemed like they only just recently transitioned from being childhood friends to a couple, so a little innocent peck makes more sense.

We don’t when know they’ve made it official. He’s in space a lot.

I fucked my wife after the wedding but many of my buds stated fucking or try fucking between high school grad or college.

also holy fuck, sadie is still short af after the timeskip. shes shorter than steven now.

I know she looks like a nub now
It's a sad cold day user.

More background characters making an appearance, like Jay and the watermelon Stevens. Where did Spinel get that Doomsday device and why is her power level so high? Gem purity?

Diamonds should have stayed on Earth. S6's dynamics would be infinitely more interesting if they stayed that course.

Have the writers stop shitting on PD.

Early Season Steven and Mindwiped Spinel would have had a lot more in common behavior-wise.

You're 100% right and it's laughable how spergs will drink gallon of piss and vinegar before admitting so.

No

Legit autism

Imagine being Steven and having a smorgasbord of space rock pussy before you only to choose a boring humie

>A bike horn honks each time you thrust into her gum gum puss

Super 17 isn't canon and Freiza's heel-turn still is mind-boggling. Hokuto no Ken would have been a better example with Jaegi, Souther, Raoh, etc.

Tl;Dr
Edge and cringepilled

I literally can't. He's clearly irrational.

Attached: 1548311740393.png (1436x786, 1.03M)

Seems pretty legit to me. Pretty in character too, btw

Stick to your day job

>Have never watched SU
>Have never cared to watch it
>End up watching the movie purely due to the villian

So does Stephen usually solve his problems by crying and whining untill shit goes his way or what? Is Pink supposed to come across as a selfish prick? Why does she go from attractive to "thicc"? I guess 6000 years on earth isn't very good for mineral lesbian aliens.

Attached: 102169.jpg (225x350, 37K)

So was Steg voiced by Chance?

He also sings. And well she was good at the end, more shit just got revealed after she died. And she switched her looks as a disguise.

Criticisms are 6 years too late

Yes.

Graphic rape scene

Wouldn't know, didn't read anything more than 6 words.

>Spinel jackhammers Steven's dick with a brutal handjob until he's firing blanks
>"Lemme put a load back in the barrel."
>Proceeds to milk his prostate in front of all the poofed gems and townies

She better give him cuddles afterwards.

BASED

I personally found the character 'Papa' to be extremely well conceptualized and written. He cares for Steven and is trying to prepare the sheltered kid for the real world but Steven refuses to learn and frustrates the man. Resulting in very light discipline that Steven overreacts to, treating like the worst thing in the world.

>(together with charactor height)
Oh, well, now it makes sense why that fight scene was all over the place- no one on the SU crew gives a fuck about that.

Don't make it like a musical. Don't open up with curtain opening and close with curtain closing. Shit just takes me out of it.

I wish Steven wasn't kinda a dick the entire movie. I mean, I get he's a teenager more now, but like... holy shit steven, what happened to patience and actually hugging hurt things?

Didn’t Spinel only stop standing still afrer she got the news from homeworld That was literally morning. How did Spinel get the injector and rejuvinator so fast? Along with getting to Earth and changing her look.

Who knows what was still in the car park there? There might still be a taxi cab waiting.

Still, as solid a story as they got out of her, Spinelli was basically Jessie from Toy Story 2 given toon powers.

Those curtains and the flowers ending were all callbacks to old 1920's/30 movies and live stage theater stuff. It's not bad, you just don't know the underlying history. It's classy and has a good level of effort put into what is clearly a "It's over now." nod for the fans. It's much better than current "we could do this right, or we could go get a beer" level of effort movies.

let's just say that it was meant to add to the over-the-top wacky nature of the scene.

Car park? Taxi?

But supernova happen all the time. We can look almost anywhere in the stars and see them.

His patience was more like a 24 year old

I just saw a corruption infection rape comic. I think I’m gonna vomit.

Attached: 6C1761F9-E965-406D-AB0C-B10547D196BC.gif (400x224, 185K)

Bump
I cankt live in a Yea Forums with no SU.

Bump

Bump

Why does Steven look so shitty?

Is that bird cumming? I’m scared.

It's past 500 posts user, time to go.