First look at the cowl of the new Flash suit

First look at the cowl of the new Flash suit.
The quality of the picture isn't great but it looks good. Hopefully he gets the yellow boots soon.

Attached: yr1zkvkqwmk31.jpg (620x420, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aF_Ijr621tM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't stand you traditionalist DCfags.
>No want change, keep the same costume they had 50 years ago waaaah muh superman panties

This is one of the many reasons live action DC is so lame

Chinstrap is back.

Better quality (but still small) version of the picture.

Attached: flash-season-6-preview-photo.jpg (620x420, 97K)

All the live action costumes have been shit though.

New look of the new Team Arrow costumes.

Attached: arrow-8x01-laurel-diggle-oliver.jpg (620x421, 248K)

The issue isn't that the yellow boots aren't there, it's that the live action costume is shit. Anything resembling the classic one which is actually good might be an improvement.

The reason why people don't like changes isn't because it's different, it's because they often fuck with stuff that didn't need fixing in the first place. It's not a DC thing.

With everything thats happening, with everything thats about to come to light. People might just need a little old fashioned.

You see a lot of anons have this "if it's new, it must be cool" dumb mentality. But admittedly on the other end of the argument, people often do tend to get narrow minded over this shit. HOWEVER in the case of The Flash's design it's a lot like Spider-Man and Superman; you just can't reinvent the wheel here. Granted Spider-Man has had some great alt looks, but the original is arguably still the strongest. In the case of The Flash there's not really much you can do to improve the base design. Simplicity often makes for the best designs. New artists and costume designers for shows naturally want to put their own spin on these designs because it's their "signature"

Attached: Flash paint.jpg (1107x1681, 303K)

Quit this shitty show after season 3.

I find a lot of Superman's no-trunks outfits to be very good, as appealing as any of the one with trunks. Spider-Man has a lot of very good redesigns, more than he has any right to. The Flash's costume is so fucking perfect nothing has ever improved on Barry's outfit. He's not like Daredevil where he can get away with an all red costume. Jay's outfit looks great too, but most attempts at "improving" either of their outfits have failed miserably.

Unfortunately the live action Flash outfits have often been cheap looking or weirdly busy. Gustin will never look good in a Flash outfit because he just doesn't have the personality or looks of a great Barry Allen. There's a neat concept behind Ezra Miller's costume, but it doesn't fit as the Flash. The 90's Flash show was the closest we got.

Best costume yet

Ehhh personally Season 4 suit was better, but this one is okay too.

Yikes

Why do they keep changing suits when BL only has 2 suits and one of them was a flashback only.

Damn, Laurel is looking rough.

>wanting to fix something that isnt broke

Attached: file.png (403x389, 215K)

jesus this is god fucking awful how can anyone stomach this?

Flash had a near-perfect design when he was (re)invented in the silver age. A symmetrical belt, ring around the insignia, and the chin part have made it essentially perfect.

At this point I basically fastforward through 80% of the scenes he's out of costume to avoid the soap opera shit, but I'm glad the chin piece is back.

Was that so hard? Was that really so fucking hard? I don't even know why they had to go through any trial and error when they knew Gustin would look goofy without the chin guard.

Everyone always dunks on that costume but I unironically liked some of the concepts.
Curious to see how it gets redesigned for solo movie.

Attached: flash suit5.jpg (1200x1920, 644K)

Same with Hal and his GL uniform. The thing has has had maybe 1 minor change since the 50's and it still looks fantastic.

Attached: 1308795827379.jpg (334x299, 28K)

bring back patty.

>Laurel looking like she wants to call the manager
>Diggle (?) still looks retarded
>Shitty season 1 GA suit again

Glad I stopped watching a long time ago.

>I find a lot of Superman's no-trunks outfits to be very good,

nah it looks weird

Iris is also getting a new look.

Attached: Iris West.jpg (1200x1200, 172K)

Attached: 1555534791932.jpg (576x717, 144K)

I just realized that his suit looks like something out of Spy Kids 3D, only uglier and busier.

Attached: film__10586-spy-kids-3-game-over--hi_res-093800f8.jpg (970x546, 183K)

Why does he look like he smashed into a chain fence

Smallville?

Attached: 1554214225394.jpg (5120x3840, 1.31M)

The stupidest thing about it was simply the wires. I get why they are there, but they're still stupid.

Personally the scuffs to me look more like someone attacked it with a lawnmower

They should really take a note from the MCU and just ripoff Captain America's costume material

Wait, is that the film with Frodo wearing that weird chest piece?

Attached: 1561467684286.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

>Curls
That's not enough to convince me to watch this show again but damn is it close

Attached: 1563074854055.png (691x597, 16K)

God he has such bitch basedboy hips

Good taste.

The only good thing in The Boyz

And Karen Fukuhara.

Attached: 1560429591627.jpg (1080x1350, 139K)

She only ever looked good as Black Siren

I see we've already hit the "I'm tired of changing my hairstyle for my character" phase...

>I find a lot of Superman's no-trunks outfits to be very good, as appealing as any of the one with trunks.

I would say some work. I liked the Rebirth-era costume, and I thought the New 52 Earth 2 one and even Man of Steel was okay, too. But I think many suffer from too much blue. And the worst ones are overdesigned (New 52 plated suit, Injustice).

But I agree on Flash. I've never been happy with any of his new designs from new 52 onwards, Manapul did nice effects with it, but without the effects it just ends up looking like an overdesigned costume.

why are they there?

Remove the wires and surprise it doesnt look that bad

Attached: dbiliv3-2ff8c317-b4f4-490a-a05d-3c2939cb9762.jpg (919x919, 105K)

mama milkies!

/pol/ is that way

wut?

If I remember correctly, they're supposed to help contain the lightning or something to that effect.

It looks shit however you try to rearrange it.

Nah.

He looks silly. That's kind of the trouble with being comic-accurate: it's hard as fuck to pull off IRL. That's why movie and TV guys are always trying to find workarounds. Why do you think it took so long for Batman to just start wearing grey tights again? Because a grown man stalking the night in grey tights looks silly as fuck in real life.

It isn't Frodo, it's-
The Guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=aF_Ijr621tM

If he had a physique it wouldnt look so awkward.

Looks decent for a tv-series. Also, it's probably better than the Justice League one.

I mean it's BETTER.

This but unironically

IMO the best the costume has looked all show long. I might actually trudge through the last couple seasons.

Maeve?

Person in thr middle lools like they came out of Captain Marvel.

Why are you posting a picture of my wife?

>Chinstrap is back
Thank god

>Curls
Ah shit, Penis, here we go again my boy

>I can't stand you traditionalist DCfags.
I'm not opposed to change. I'd just prefer change is an aesthetic improvement.
I preferred the Rebirth Superman suit to the OG, but I also prefer the OG to Bendis' OG with bullshit pointless cuffs.
With that said, I thought Earth 2 Superman's costume had the best implementation of cuffs, because they matched the design of the boots. Change is not inherently a bad thing. Unfortunately however, more aesthetic change tends to look more like dogshit than what it is replacing. It isn't blind nostalgia that compels everyone to wants things to look like they used to. It is simply a preference of what looks better over what looks worse.

So in the case of The Flash, the far right of this image is the official style guide for how he was meant to look during the Silver Age.
Middle is a mock up of how I prefer he looks, and the Left is Doc Shaner's take on his contemporary look. I don't need the wings on the boots. I don't need the lightning bolt belt going in the same direction. I like a lot of what we first saw done in Wally's Flash costume. I think Barry looks better with those details incorporated in his costume. Now if we ever got back to a point where Wally was THE Flash again, and Barry was off the board, I want Barry looking like his Silver Age self, because in the case he shows up, the differences in costume design become the detail that fans recognize that identifies who they are looking at, similarly to how Jay has retained his Golden Age look.
As Barry is THE de facto Flash however, I'm okay with his incorporating some of the new with the old, because I think the combo looks better than the original. With that said, excessive etched in lining has been shown to more often than not look busy and bad. When it is done modestly like Doc did here, I don't mind it. When it highlights while Barry is running, speedforce_I_dont_need_to_explain_it.jpg, fine, but it doesn't need to be like it was in the early New 52.

Attached: New v Old.jpg (1530x830, 327K)

why they dont make him squad for fuck sake

Reminded me of this from day one and still does.
At the rate were going however, as DCEU's Flash was still learning how to run without tripping over his own feet in JL, I feel WB will give up on solo movies well before he is ever written to tap into the Speedforce to make a costume, or protect the world around him from the unintended destruction of his Goes Fast.

Attached: iu.jpg (1920x1200, 310K)

It’s not his fault he’s a thicc boi, there’s a lot of junk to fit in that trunk.

Attached: B8F2285E-AB53-41BF-B0A4-9DB630A0A29C.jpg (398x913, 90K)