New profile of Tom King...

New profile of Tom King . He discusses his experience in the CIA and anxiety and depression and how they influence his comic writing.
What do you think of his work?

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-132820_Chrome.jpg (1080x1990, 1.04M)

>I'm depressed x infinity

We know, Tom.

Meh, seen hotter

The very definition of a one trick pony.

>the top of the comic book world

This what we get when casuals report on comics.

What this article really tells me is that Melissa Leon really wants to write for DC. Specifically, she wants to step stone over the comics and ultimately write for a CW show, or write a screenplay for a DC movie.

He's on Batman one of the top selling ongoings. Hes won 3 Eisners in a row and he's writing a DCEU film

>What do you think of his work?
Anxious and depressing.

And already almost bumped it off the top ten.

It's what all of them want, no one gives a shit about comics outside of IP farming and networking.

Fake CIA man

i have depression and anxiety and still think he's full of it

>he's writing a DCEU film
What's he writing?

>CIA
Did he survive the fire? Is that why is so depressed

Since this guy is a fed, has he ever used comics as a platform to push his political views?

New gods

>New gods
I keep forgetting that's somehow happening.

legit gay ops to make US depressed
Ex-CIA .... right.

co-writing New Gods with Ava Durvenay and I'm sure he only got that spot because of his Mister Miracle comic and no one else at DC right now gives a shit about New Gods.

Also his mom was a Hollywood Exec so he might have a few connections.

You didn't dump it to read, shill.

Let me paraphrase the things

>abloo bloo bloo
>wah wah wah
>sniffle sniffle
>Batman's dumb but makes me feel better

I am reading Vision right now and I rather like it. Other than that I really don't know anything about the guy other than Yea Forums's overall dislike of him.

Read his Batman and Mister Miracle if you want to see why people don't like him.

It's a combination of people who want stories that are less depressing and more fun and Yea Forumsntrarianism.

Oh. So he's another person that says he has depression and anxiety (when really he's lazy and just wants attention) like everyone on fb who posts about it who helps to dis credit people who actually suffer from it.

>muh depression
fukc off.

Attached: 1567291837604.jpg (241x209, 20K)

His work certainly sparks anxiety in dc stockholders and depression in readers.

Has he even used his CIA experience in writing a book? Never felt like it when reading his work.

In The Sheriff of Babylon which honestly doesn't get enough attention here.

I think the fact that he worked for the CIA makes me hate him more than any of his terrible comics.

>Worked for the CIA only to move on to major influence in pop culture

What an interesting career.

Attached: file.png (789x460, 429K)

Based Skoodge

It's more a combination of seeing him as the one trick pony he is and noticing that everything he wrote since Vision has been shit. I enjoy sadness but that doesn't make his Batman or Miracle Man any less good.

>Eisners
Those are as meaningless as every other Hollywood award that they love to give out at the award shows.

Literal cia nigger

>hottest
not with that hairline

You'd think Warner Bros would learn their lesson & not let their films be dark & suicide inducing.

Omega Men was inspired by Middle Eastern geopolitics. Also Heroes in Crisis is about PTSD

One trick pony. All his shit is focused on the same two subjects. Anxiety and depression. And as someone who has suffered greatly from both for 20 years, I still find it tacky. Write one story about it and be done. Letting it define you let’s the illness win. He’s letting it win. There’s no encouragement or helping others by writing fiction in comics dealing with these things. It’s it noble, it’s not brave. It’s a schtick. As long as he stays at DC and doesn’t bring bipolar stories to Marvel I’m good.

Can someone explain why The Vision has such massive acclaim? It's pretty much mediocre. It put me off from checking out any of his other work, since it's considered his best and it's not very good.