Landfill Indie is fucking back

Attached: wet.jpg (500x500, 77.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y8rQuNHRqA4?t=438
desuarchive.org/mu/thread/109756821/#109770773
youtu.be/Y8rQuNHRqA4?t=0
diymag.com/2022/04/06/wet-leg-self-titled-album-review
nme.com/reviews/album/wet-leg-wet-leg-review-radar-3196323
theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/10/were-just-little-country-bumpkins-2022s-hottest-band-wet-leg-on-songs-silliness-and-their-surprise-success
blackartspr.com/artist/wet-leg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post link

forgettable stuff that only middle aged NPR listeners think is good

This is absolutely getting a 9.0 bnm

I listened to that ur mom song and I forgot what it sounded like 5 minutes later. literal nothing music

Incels will be fuming. Can't wait.

9.5 on pitchfork if domino shells out the cash
(Protip: reviewers are bribable)

>literal nothing music
Possibly the point
>Incels
Go back. If anyone here dislikes them, its because their rise to fame is sus, not because they're women. I'm personally like their music, I'm just confused how a band gets signed before technically even forming.

Chaise lounge is catchy as fuck and their ‘super cool’ girls. That’s why they were signed so quickly. Simple, catchy music is all you need.
They sounded like they have the potential to be really good. But it could totally go wrong if the music starts to sound forced, and your mum was a little weak imo. Its missing that weird, slightly uncanny, repetitive, almost psychedelic sound. Sj4

You will never be female. Cope and dilate.

Has this leaked yet?

They would benefit from a drone guitarist and noiseyer pedals on the lead.

>Female
>implying XX chromosomes
It's funny how there are trannies out there who mess up the definitions of Gender vs Biological Sex and think they will change their genetic code. It's funny that doctors still call it male to female transitioning. It's kinda sad too. Bunch a mentally ill autists getting taken advantage of by a greedy medical system.

Idk of the download codes are working, but some people already have the vinyl. Some based boy should upload a vinyl rip.

>Its missing that weird, slightly uncanny, repetitive, almost psychedelic sound
No it's not. Relisten to it, or listen to it live here.
youtu.be/Y8rQuNHRqA4?t=438
There's the little breakdown part where things slow down that's got a psychedelic wah type guitar sound. Plus the bits where they go "up up up up up up up" has elements of the uncanny. I also can't remember is this is the song that has the bit that goes "Good times all the time. Good times all the time."
Not an official leak, but the live video I posted plays nearly every song from the album. It's only missing the one with Hester on lead vocals.

Why didn't this work for RHCP then? or Machine Gun Kelly?

>I'm just confused how a band gets signed before technically even forming.
Inform yourself. Let me link you to some posts showing you're a retard spreading misinformation because you're too lazy to read a fucking 5000 word interview article.
desuarchive.org/mu/thread/109756821/#109770773
Read the articles before reading the post.

>its because their rise to fame is sus
who cares if they are plants or not
their music is extremely corny and bad
they feel like industry plants because they make the kind of music that a 45 y/o man who wears skinny jeans and biker jackets would make

and bracelets

Just to spoonfed the guy I'm replying to some more
>Wet Leg formed in 2018
>That version of Wet Leg specifically only formed so they could get into Isle of Wight for free
>They weren't even playing any of the songs for their current debut album. None of them had been written yet.
>Then in 2019 when the pandemic starts Rhian and Hester find themselves on the Isle of Wight bored.
>They decided to reform Wet Leg
>This version of Wet Leg is more serious than the "let's just write some bullshit so we can have a set at Isle of Wight festival so we can get in for free"
>but they are taking it less seriously than their other past serious music projects they had been in independently
>Over the course of 2019 Rhian and Hester write the majority of their debut album
>they make some demo tapes
>and also film the music video for Chaise Longue during this period
>according to NME or one of the articles I linked they made 4 demos
>through Rhian's boyfriend at the time they get a manager
>the manager sends the demos out to different record companies
>the record companies are interested
>Rhian and Hester meet with a few
>they ultimately sign with Domino in November of 2020
>Note: November of 2020 occurs after 2019, and 2019 is when they wrote the majority of their debut album
>they had only played about 4 gigs with their new material before they went to the studio to record with Dan Carey
None of this is "sus". They just had a really good demo, because as you can tell all the singles they've released are really fucking good.

Dilate and sneed, domino intern. Nobody cares. A real user wouldnt take the time to link all those articles or have that archived thread bookmarked and ready to go any time someone says something wrong about your artist.

Get a real job.

>YOU TOOK THE TIME TO PROVE ME WRONG AND NOW THAT I REALIZE I AM WRONG AND LOOK LIKE A /POL/ CONSPIRACY RETARD I AM JUST GOING TO CALL YOU A SHILL
>ONLY A SHILL WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO CALL OUT BULLSHIT
>WANT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW YOU'RE A SHILL BECAUSE YOU FOUND OUT I WAS LYING
sneed cope dilate feed copium chuck rent free suck chud fuck /pol/cel Yea Forumsirgin incel

SeeYou guys are transparent. Real anons wouldn't put this much effort in posting. Go back to plebbit where your "social media expertise" (bullshit you wrote on your application) can be put to better use.

>sneed cope dilate feed copium chuck rent free suck chud fuck /pol/cel Yea Forumsirgin incel
Thanks for posting the list of words they gave you.

See >I MAKE UP BULLSHIT BECAUSE I DISLIKE WOMEN OR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC GROUPS AND THEY MAKE ME FEEL UNSAFE IN MY MUSIC TASTE
>WAIT WHY ARE YOU CALLING OUT THE BULLSHIT I MADE UP
>STOOOOOOP STOOOOOOOP NOOOOOO
>YOU LITERALLY CAN'T DO THAT
>ONLY A SHILL WOULD DO THAT
>WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME LOOK STUPID
>STOPPPPPPP
>thanks for posting the list of words they gave
>proceeds to ignore he used the same list of word

Why do you care if I'm wrong? Why post an entire dissertation about why I'm wrong? Nobody cares. Move on. Make a new thread.

Why do you make up bullshit? Why do you care if someone points out you're wrong? Why can't you accept you're wrong and a liar? Move on. Get a life.

>A real user
jesus christ

>Seething this much to defend a band with 5 songs
How are you already such a big fan? Wait for the album to come out before you start stan-ing. You really seem like your paid to be in all these threads...

The thing about Wet Leg is that they wouldn't be getting any attention if they weren't two pretty girls. The music is mediocre as fuck and it's just another fashion over function band meant to pump out a viral song or two and tickle all the social media algorithms. I don't necessarily hold it against them because they're probably having a good time but fuck the industry "taste makers" who keep throwing millions of dollars behind low hanging fruit.

Who cares? The sole purpose of this music is to generate drama on social media. No one will actually listen to it.

>Uno reverse cards work on Yea Forums
Lol. No they don't. Try again.

Utterly forgotten within 2-3 years. Book it.

>pretty girls.
Stretching it a bit there, user. They're mildly attractive, at best. One of them hides her face most videos...

2-3 months, honestly.

>wait for the album to come out
Are you a child? Have you never heard of fucking live shows? I've watched their live shows where they play the majority of the album. It's fucking good. The live show is already posted in this thread. It may be hard to believe but artists play their music live before the album comes out.
I can't believe you're coping this hard. Pointed out you were wrong and making up bullshit. Then you resort to shill. When pointed out how much of a cope that tactic is you resort to playground shit like this. Grow up dude. Just accept people like this music and they aren't fucking industry plants who were created in a lab by Domino.

Also want to know how predictable you are in your childish tantrum? You're going to reply with "not reading all that shit" or something like "wall of text" or "reddit wall of text".

>Caring this much
Why? They're not going to sleep with you, user.

This has been on red for like 2 hours, someone post it so I don't have to use the ratio

user, the album isn't even out yet. The band isn't even a year old (formed in 2019, gets signed to big "indie" label, gets spots on late night talk shows, but didn't release anything til 2022) . Calm down.

it is out

Yes, it's on all the major download sites. What the fuck happend to this board?

>implying this album won't be on all major year-end lists

Gen z doesn't know how to pirate.

>Implying albums of the year aren't forgotten a year later
ngmi
I bet you think Grammy's best new artist award isn't cursed either.

>The album isn't out yet
Whole album minus one song played live here
youtu.be/Y8rQuNHRqA4?t=0
This video has been available since December. Stop trying to pretend I can't possible have heard the album.

>all the major download sites
i only see it on red and ops

It's starting

Attached: WL.png (1266x604, 71.9K)

glad to see we already have a Dry Cleaning rip off band

Which mag? It's a decent listen but 5 stars is mental. It's like a 3.5

DIY mag. They give five stars ratings like it's free candy.

this honestly looks like an Illustrator edit psyop

gowon pinky coinslot

Back to /pol/ with you.

NME gives a perfect rating as well lmao

nme.com/reviews/album/wet-leg-wet-leg-review-radar-3196323

im gay

Hahaha. Boomers are fucking DESPERATE to save rock. This is embarrassing.

Keep taking those HRTs, user. You'll achieve your dream yet. We believe in you. (^:

I don't say rock is saved until we have some actual dudes (not grils) playing actual rock (ie. not Imagine Dragons).

Nickelback should release a new album soon

>Imagine Dragons
Honestly what's wrong with Imagine Dragons. It's good for what it is, which is hype music. Their sound was also novel at the time.

just look up who their publicity company is. that will tell you a lot. no band just starts and gets signed to domino immediately.

>British publication gives British shill band perfect score
They're bad at this. Don't buy perfect tens if yore trying to not look fake, Domino. You're doing this so wrong. I'm glad I didn't sign with you.

some fresh young guys not 50 year olds would also help

Leave.

>no band just starts and gets signed to domino immediately
You're right. They make demo tapes and send them out to record companies. They made four demo tapes and had a manager. Are you saying you can't get a manager to help you have an in with record companies??? It's kind of why people in other artistic fields have agents...Not sure what your point is except wanting to demonstrate to everyone that you're a retard who has no idea how you make contacts in an artistic field.

>just look up who their publicity company is. that will tell you a lot.
Who? I've dug into this band and didn't find that info.

He doesn't know either. He's just making up bullshit and hoping no one calls him out. Surely if he was able to look it up, he could share the link where he found it, right?

I kind of like the idea that they sort of have some edge and aren't just more boring dreampop.

The "manager" was one of their boyfriends who went to school with friends working in A&R at domino. The demos were just solo accoustic stuff (accoustic drivel and covers that every girl with a guitar does). Nobody gets signed with just a demo anymore, anyways.

I FEEL IT IN MY BONES
TO MAKE THE SYSTEM BLOW
WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
TO THE NEW AGE
WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
TO THE NEW AAAAAGE
WOAH OH OH OH OH
WOAH OH OH OH OH

Just because your shitty band didn't get signed doesn't mean it's not possible.

so was ABCDEFU?

>The "manager" was one of their boyfriends who went to school with friends working in A&R at domino. The demos were just solo accoustic stuff (accoustic drivel and covers that every girl with a guitar does). Nobody gets signed with just a demo anymore, anyways.
Nope. Just more bullshit you're making up again. The manager wasn't the boyfriend. The boyfriend found the manager. Boyfriend did not work at Domino A&R, just another one of the lies you're peddling. If you didn't make this bullshit up, which you did, surely you can link me to the article, or the video of the interview where this was mentioned.
You see where you're getting this information you've warped from is this Guardian article.
theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/10/were-just-little-country-bumpkins-2022s-hottest-band-wet-leg-on-songs-silliness-and-their-surprise-success
The passage you're referring to.
>They were, nevertheless, “productive by accident”, Chambers says, working on demos, making the Chaise Longue and Angelica videos, finding a manager via Teasdale’s then boyfriend, who sent their demo to people at Domino Records, who wanted to meet them. But “we were just absolutely silly”, Chambers says, not without satisfaction. “We were like: ‘Sorry, we don’t have time – we’re just rolling around in the grass doing teddy bear rolls with the guitars.’”
>A couple of other labels did manage to persuade them to meet; the pair took them to the Spyglass pub in Ventnor, on the south coast of the island. No offence to the town, which is the indie centre of the island, but this is a brutal way of saying: “We’re not really fussed whether we meet you or not” – it doesn’t even have a train station. Lovely boozer, though.
>They ended up meeting Domino in the end, and signed with them in November 2020, but it wasn’t until they played Latitude, one of only a few major festivals to go ahead in 2021, that they realised they were now a legit band.

>make demo tapes and send them out to record companies
what fucking year do you think it is? no one has done this in 20 years.
>had a manager
already sus. why do you have a manager immediately after forming? what exactly is so unmanageable that they need one right away? you CAN hire a manager to help you get an "in" with a record company, but having the financial ability to be paying for that immediately is extremely suspicious.
>Not sure what your point is
you are doing a lot of weird mental gymnastics going out of your way defending their suspicious career choices. do you have some sort of relationship or investment with this band? you're replying to everyone immediately like its damage control.
>how you make contacts in an artistic field.
I do know, and it doesn't happen like this. not this fast without some sort of shit going on behind the scenes.
wrong again: blackartspr.com/artist/wet-leg
take a look at their other clients. that's an extremely expensive company to hire as soon as your band forms, and would typically be odd for a PR company to take on this band as a client with no history, unless there was some other reason to...

Black Arts PR, who have a pretty big and impressive client list