Thoughts about The Flintstones comic?

Is it true that this is shit is full with "le current year" propaganda?

Attached: 31qwlCa.jpg (790x988, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1069640/This_Land_Is_My_Land/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was 90% good
10% hamfisted
so really ...not bad. Also they wrote Fred as being too nice instead of a HOT HEAD like in the cartoon.

Read and find out you illiterate ESL

Everything is. so why wouldn't it be?
The powers that be have every reason to want to preserve the status qua, so paying to promote it is just natural.

Yes, it's very scary! You shouldn't read it, and remain forever in the dark.

Yeah, but is was handled very well.

>it's etching their cartoon forms
That's a cute detail

Hmm, I see... I saw a bunch of articles pop up in the past like
>"The comic that america need right now!"
>"When the stoneage was more progressive then most of our states"

But 10% is not that bad I guess, thanks!

Attached: 1561756782039.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Is it true that you're a whining gaping vagina that get's offended by literally everything?

>holding candle at an angle
>flame is parallel to the candle instead of pointing up

What are we to believe, that this is some sort of magic candle or something?

No

Maybe there was a wind

This. Grow a thicker skin.

Attached: 9865965.jpg (720x459, 31K)

Sure thing you buttfucking retard

Attached: 21014209_1779801782060207_4610423961350727612_o.jpg (1200x842, 163K)

I did NOT like this comic at all. The Flintstones were great because its characters were not just "real" but histerical as well. In fact, Fred Flintstone is one of the gretest characters ever created: he can be heroic, oafish, admirable, detestable, a stand up guy and a gaping asshole; and never act out of character! And the entire cast worked wonders both with him, and eachother!

But this comic is some of the most soulless, passionless, sterile, boring shit I've ever read outside of a Batman comic. Yes, it does smart satire about modern life but at the cost of the actual characters. Not a single character in this comic has anything resembling a personality. It's not that they're not the characters from the cartoon: it's that nobody in this comic is a character at all. They're just dialog dispencers and might as well have no relation to eachother.

I know the guy who wrote it is better than this, Prez was pure genius on every page. But this is one the biggest misfire in comics this entire decade.

The writer thinks he's more clever than he really with the "heh heh i'll sneak modern politics into this but it will totally work because im such a great writer"
it doesn't work and comes off as awkward but its a real minor part of the comic which is largely a "stone age sitcom" with some adventuring in it.
The art is nice and the jokes usually work rather well.

>posting about how internet shitposts are real life on fucking Yea Forums

Attached: 8750.jpg (571x460, 27K)

>Falling for clickbait
That's you're problem.
A while back there was these thread on Yea Forums about this new vidya coming out where you play as a Native American defending himself from colonists. The article wrote it as if this game was one big "fuck you" to white people and America and was very aggressive with its writing about how "This is the game we need to make white people feel bad" and so on. Of course the whole thread essentially became a shitposting and complaining about SJW's.

When you looked at the actual store page and the creators description of the game it's not nearly as aggressive. At no point he said "fuck white people" or said they were evil or anything like that. He just said he wanted to make a vidya on a topic that's never been done before and thought it was a very interesting setting both to play and to make a narrative.

Most things in life aren't black and white and often times when people try to paint it as such, those people are trying to fool you.

Stop falling for clickbait.

>Everything on the internet is just a shitpost and there is absolutely no agenda behind anything

Attached: 21433238_779853012198467_799280145169673094_n.jpg (714x960, 162K)

pretty much.

>I know the guy who wrote it is better than this, Prez was pure genius on every page.
Mark Russell is incapable of writing anything that's not hamfisted political bullshit.

Attached: Catwoman - Election Night (2016-) 001-033.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

Wake up normie

Attached: 21430150_1982925098650728_2828149329033814388_n.jpg (726x748, 70K)

More high quality content from /pol/ tourists. Bravo mods.

lmao dat font, and christian man bad

What the matter faggot? Your pea brain can't handle being out from an echo chamber?

I'm actually intrigued now, what game?

MODERN STONE AGE FAMILY.

Of course there's "current year" stuff. That's literally the whole premise. It was when the original show came out, and every iteration of the characters since then have been a reflection of the time in which it's come out. In that sense it's no different than what's come before. It's only that the actual execution is more heartfelt, more earnest, way darker, and more genuinely funny than any previous version of the Flintstones that makes it better.

>Is it true that this is shit is full with "le current year" propaganda?

No, that was Snagglepuss.

>Is it true that this is shit is full with "le current year" propaganda?
Apart from the hamfisted gay cavemen marriage is OK in the marriage vs breeding cave story, it was good.

store.steampowered.com/app/1069640/This_Land_Is_My_Land/

Just report it for being off-topic and/or trolling and don't otherwise respond to it. It just encourages them.

Fuck off, just the idea of Sickstarter is deeply twisted and seems genuinely inevitable.

Attached: gayy.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

like most modern comics it can be summed up with
>men are all stupid and ruin the world
>women are so much smarter and should run everything
>men should all act like pussies and let women be the man of the house and run the show
the insecurity modern writers have with their own masculinity would have even shocked sigmund freud.

There is nothing hamfisted about that, that is literally how this matter is settled in America today.

It was unironically full of cuck fetish.

Oh yeah, that looks really promising!

>out from an echo chamber
>said the guy stepping out of pol
Okay.

haven't heard of people IndieGogo'ing their cancer treatment?

Snagglepuss was Russell's attempt to write a "serious" book and boy it just did not work. Maybe it was the art.

I love how the quality of the jpeg is so decayed. As if it's a precious artifact passed down from one /pol/tard to the next.
"Take this my son, it has served me well in prolonging my paranoia. Hopefully it will do the same for you."

I wish you can look at your posts one day and realize how much of a fucking faggot you sound like.

user I think you might be projecting a little bit there

Did you feel proud when you wrote this cancer of a post? Yep, this will show those ebul alt-right trumptards (I don't even like that guy)
>not wanting to have my brains blasted with pozzed kike shit all the time from all types of entertainment
Must be cool to live like a clueless mongoloid

I don't even think he's a bully. I think it's pretty reasonable for white people to feel like they're under attack these days.
But that doesn't stop me from finding a jpeg that's clearly been screenshoted to the point of being illegible is hilarious.
If this was a handful of aged Yea Forums screenshots being used to illustrate how 'nazi's had taken over america' I'd find that hilarious too.

Personally I'd say it's more 60/40 than 90/10. Every issue after the election one was pretty heavy on the Hamfisted soapbox shit.

No. It's extremely well-written, is funny while still approaching topics with maturity, doesn't take any political sides, and is genuinely a good read.

>I read all these clickbait articles and they told me a lot of hyperbolic bullshit about things.
Shocking

Attached: flintstones - science and faith.jpg (4000x1230, 1.42M)

why don't you read it and form a judgement for yourself, it's only 12 issues

Attached: loneliness.jpg (1983x831, 599K)

>no u
brilliant repartee

>Just report it for being off-topic and/or trolling

Or I could keep practicing sucking my dick if I want to waste my time.

>responding seriously to shitposts

this, really wish more people would just fucking read stuff that they're interested in instead of constantly coming to Yea Forums to ask for their approval

No, the art was just fine. The writing was everything bad about Snagglepuss. The main villian's motivation was entirely "I hate gay people", was fine with gays getting killed, then SUDDENLY felt horrible about what she did because one gay guy committed suicide. Her entire character was a strawman, no nuance or any justification as to WHY her motivation existed. And that was the standard for this book. Everyone who wasn't the hero or Huckleberry was a strawman or merely existed because the writer needed someone else for a scene.

Hamfisted preachy shit, without even a decent plotline to save it.

the main villain's motivation was "I hate communists," though. She was explicitly gay herself.

And the art was "fine" in that it was adequate. But it was very bland, which detracted from the story.

Kalergi plan

As a catholic, not very much how I feel, but this is a pretty good answer

It's great, other than a few panels. What politically relevant comics can be if they weren't written by demagogues.

It was pretty damn boring honestly, and whenever the political stuff comes up it's just hamfisted into it not fitting at all. Or it's trying to appeal to people's feelings with the most generic drama shit.
It's clear the writer wanted to get his opinions out to the world more then anything else.

is that the squirrelgirrel artist? Because the style just pisses me off already

>The Flintstones were great
No they weren't

I thought it was pretty smug and every issue was written to be Eisnerbait and not much else.

Russel IS a good writer I suppose but guys like him and Tom King need to just do their own creator owned shit and stop using other characters as narrative mules.

Do you even have eyes or are you just blind with rage?

>being upset that a comic about a MODERN stone age family reflects modern life
Jesus fucking christ please be trolling. Please tell me there aren't people this stupid. It's the third fucking Line in the theme song

This was a view he explicitly expressed through a comedic self-insert. Flinstones was genuine propaganda, though entertainingly written which is rare.

Attached: Flinstones 8 21.jpg (1800x2767, 1.24M)

The one problem is that science isn't actually about "looking harder", it's about falsifiability. If you develop a theory that is impossible to prove wrong, then it's not science. It's pseudo-science.

>The writer thinks he's more clever than he really with the "heh heh i'll sneak modern politics into this
>sneak
Yeah, he sure was trying to be subtle about it, definitely

We committed a genocide, barney

Who hurt you user?

Using common sense might get in the way of being outraged user, you know this

Is ok

Attached: 1546608023274.jpg (796x1223, 461K)

>bara fred and barney
>sexy wilma and betty

and this got MADE? i thought this would get destroyed because of I HATE THINGS sjw fags!

Are you really 18 or older?

>The only other woman

Excuse me? These look like two teenage girls who came right from school and stumbled into a meeting.

Sure

I kekd

He's a poser who's never even seen Squirrel Girl and just pretends to know what it is.

It's good shit.
Russel's liberal politics shine through in places, but not to an annoying degree like the last Prez story he did.

Also goddamn, that Pebbles.

Well yeah, they're both teenagers. But using the word "girl" is sexist so Russell doesn't do it even when it's appropriate.

>But using the word "girl" is sexist
Isn't using "girl" only sexist when it say it in reference to an adult woman, and it mostly stemmed from the feminist movement of the 70's who felt it was a putdown that a man their own age would say that but never call other men "boys"?

the outline on those teeth bothers me.

>Pebbles' mentor is a man who is regularly portrayed as the smartest person in the book
>Fred is never portrayed negatively, and is often the source of the preaching
>even Bam Bam isn't shown to be dumb
you're taking offense to something the book itself doesn't support. That issue specifically even pulls a #NotAllMen just for whiners like you.

well they are literal cavemen, to be fair

>Christianity BAD!
>Ignore Islam holds mostly the same exact views but 10x more extreme
>Islam GOOD!

First post nailed it.
It had actual interesting things to say for most of it's run with a side of le current year. Thankfully the last bit was never the major focus of it's points or stories.

I hope someone got fired for that blunder