Imaging quitting your day job at Studio Trigger to go work on Steven Universe the Movie

Imaging quitting your day job at Studio Trigger to go work on Steven Universe the Movie

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=takafumi_hori

Attached: 720dd461f3303ceb5fa653dfb1d353b0.mp4.jpg (854x480, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/anime/2019/09/03/steven-universe-the-movie-fights-rebecca-sugar-takafumi-hori/
youtu.be/qoKsY8PYUt4
porigoshi.tumblr.com/post/180189077234/goodbye
m.youtube.com/watch?v=REOf3xfamzM
youtube.com/watch?v=_3zqza91fYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine ridiculing someone for following their passion ;^)

Imagine thinking you know better about animation than Takafumi Hori.

Trigger is a terrible studio

At least ya don't got to worry about a waifufag burning down your work and killing everyone.

>get treated like shit by nips
>get treated like slightly less shit by mutts

Imagine seething so hard about a Japanese animator having the passion and opportunity to work on a Western franchise he likes twice.

Attached: IMG_20190904_074041.jpg (1920x1301, 226K)

Attached: lkSajV3[1].jpg (1200x400, 213K)

First and second posts are best posts

Imagine quitting your day job at Studio Trigger to give Pearl a defined ass in Steven Universe the Movie

Attached: file.png (1090x743, 704K)

>Miki Brewster + Takafumi Hori
Is this... Is this perfection?

Attached: ga70hPcR71tqb9zi_540.jpg (499x557, 36K)

You know what, Trigger is already full of Westaboos. Just give them a western property to work on already, they are dying to do so.

Attached: a8e81cf403bad746975b36f92007e2b7.jpg (500x711, 73K)

Oh, that explains a lot.

LOL as if he would be making something worthwhile at fucking trigger

Imagine seeing a toony character doing a toony sight gag and thinking its an error.

Might be part of what made him make the final leap into doing this.

Attached: ohymgod.png (569x720, 475K)

copied from user metaking64 from another post:
comicbook.com/anime/2019/09/03/steven-universe-the-movie-fights-rebecca-sugar-takafumi-hori/

"The Other Friends and Change sequences are incredible because we got to collaborate with Takafumi Hori. He did the animation for those sequences. It's just phenomenal. Miki Brewster boarded Other Friends...Change was the last song we wrote for the film at the very, very end, and so I worked on that with Jeff Liu as he was storyboarding that sequence."

lolololol why is steven universe only good when it's people that don't make steven universe making it? these scenes really overshadowed everything else in the movie

>Imaging quitting your day job at low income studio that can barely keep itself alive to go work on feature film that is being funded by a stable multi-billion dollar corporation
yeah bro, crazy

Attached: UUft7lks_400x400.jpg (600x552, 196K)

Technically, Transformers is Japanese.

He saw those dollar signs.

He was doing fan animations for SU before getting invited to officially collaborate on Mindful Education. It's definitely more than just money.

Technically, Machine Wars is a Western part of the franchise

I know, good for him. Hopefully he comes back in S6 so we can see a real Jasper fight come to life.

Pure westaboo at its finest.

Attached: cae99c58af0456a4b52041e904041564.webm (852x480, 1.2M)

Yeah like when they made Superhuman Samura Siber Squad anime and filled it with transformers references.

Oh so that's why Spinel's fight scenes were so well animated

God that is beautiful.

>All the good animation was done by a Jap

It's getting sad at this point that the only American they can call on for special animated shots is James Baxter. Surely, there must be other good American animators out there hungry for work?

Animation isn't well respected in America

> factions of shape shifting ""genderless"" aliens fighting over earth's resources

Steven Universe is already Transformers

Only Lapis is having fun... AS IT SHOULD BE

Talent isn't respected in America

Maybe not by studios, but people out there still want to be animators and teach themselves.

That reminds me, I should really write down the Transformers x Steven Universe fanfic that has been bouncing in my brain.
Maybe tomorrow.

Also true
There are plenty, but many of them are still young. I feel like there might be an animation renaissance in the future if cartoons and anime stay at their current popularity.

>Imaging working on Steven Universe
that sounds worse

>have steven's face cut off by spinell's head when his head goes to a front view so you don't have to draw steven's front view nose
takafuming

Attached: firefox_2019-09-04_09-18-50.png (852x480, 169K)

I dunno, imagine being able to that you worked on the most “progressive”, “woke”, LGTBQXYZ positive show of the decade on your resume. That shit is almost like a golden key to any job in the industry.

Only 40% of all trannies aren't known for making smart decisions

Is the pay better?

I... Is there supposed to be a point to your post? Trigger is probably the most overrated studio around today. Their failures are totally excused by their fanbase and brushed off and ignored.

Who animated this part?
youtu.be/qoKsY8PYUt4
Was thinking James Baxter

James Baxter's animation has never looked like that

Hori did. Baxter uses way more frames than that and his animation is a lot smoother.

Attached: 1548130286368.webm (960x540, 3M)

Trigger is dying anyway

Attached: 1523141514732.jpg (850x697, 139K)

Attached: sweating_tron.gif (245x172, 725K)

>uses way more frames than that and his animation is a lot smoother

isn't all animation done at 24fps?

No, that's just industry standard.

>The only way western cartoons get good animation is by hiring outside help
that's embarrassing.

>pedo universe

>Westaboo gets to make sakuga for his favorite western cartoons
>you will never know this feeling

Attached: 1567471564777.gif (1109x616, 3.32M)

nope, standard in tv animation is animating in 2s, meaning 12 frames per second, where every drawing is held for 2 frames.
Baxter in the show animates in 1s, which is rare for production shows because it basically doubles the workload, but it does look very good.

You could pick one company to do a SU side story. It wouldn't need to feature any of the cast or even be set during the same time of Steven Universe. What company and what would the story be?

probably a hundred fold better

What's your point? Steven Universe sucks, but so does Trigger. Even more so, I'd say.

Space opera with the off-colors stealing the sun incinerator after infiltrating Emerald's ranks.

It is, but you also gotta consider if the animator works on 24 drawings for every 24 frames, 12 drawings for every 24 frames, or 6 every 24 frames. Working on 1s, 2s, and 4s respectively. Baxter's shit is so smooth because he works one 1s, it's very cinematic- but that's fitting of a Disney giant.

I don't think he quit working at Trigger, unless I'm not getting the full picture here. Animators, especially in Japan are mostly freelancers. He isn't contracted to work for Trigger, they just have a relationship with him so they use him a lot. It hasn't stopped him from working on other things like Lupin.

Science Saru, just make something like a Nox origin but for a new Steven Villain.

Why is it that almost every piece of good animation in American cartoons is actually some Japanese nigga?

Having passion at all is cringe on this website user.

Attached: 4chanNPCs.png (500x496, 153K)

Because they're actually making the whole thing themselves. Nearly all major US shows only make storyboards and then get exported to south korea for the actual animation.
If the boarders followed through and made the final lineart, only to be cleaned up/inbetweened overseas, it'd look better.
The talent might be there, but we can't see it because of how the production pipeline is set up.

He was a staff animator, but went freelance in Feb. It doesnt seem like he burned any bridges on the way out, so He's still open to working on Trigger projects on a freelancer basis.

porigoshi.tumblr.com/post/180189077234/goodbye

When are analysis of this movie coming out? The animation was tasty spectacular

Ahh, thank you for enlightening me. Hori's definitely got enough talent and name recognition to survive well enough on freelance. All the western work he's been getting is gonna help him a shitton too.

Yeah but he's in America now he has to worry about being shot by niggas

Lol, the best parts of the movie were done by a nip.

>All the western work he's been getting is gonna help him a shitton too.
Anime animator is actually getting paid for his work for once

So Baxter wastes a lot more money?

This image is retarded because you're posting a shitty npc meme too except it makes you look triggered indtead of an arse.

jan is deleting SU threads watch out

Janny please delete this one too

Yeah that's definitely a benefit, the pay. You also gotta consider the recognition though. If you're a Japanese animator working on western shit, you're an item, you're exotic. You'll get more pull in the western market working for Steven Universe as opposed to working on Little Witch Academia. It's easier to rise up the ranks here than it is over there.

>He does it for free

Attached: laughing Pinky.gif (340x340, 878K)

So Spinel's VA and Takafumi Hori pretty much carried this movie on their backs.

Attached: rebecca_dib.gif (326x252, 72K)

Blizzard's cinematic team

>tfw banned from /trash/
Gonna suck if discussion gets forced there.

They were supposed to overshadow...because they were action scenes and they were designed to be visually impressive and sit with everyone.

Studio trigger has gotten to a point where their sheep fanbase will praise everything they do even if its a complete disaster. I would rather have proper critiquing than to have people just lap up even a crumb of your turds. also better pay.

Baxter costs more money, period.
He's an industry vet and a master of his craft.
Which is why western animators of that caliber don't work on US shows to that degree. Animating at that high a frame rate is usually reserved for motion picture feature budgets. Good western animation is prohibitively expensive so studios prefer simple bean face designs and outsourcing the grunt work to keep costs and skill cap low.

Don't forget the benefits. What's the animation worker's union scene look like in Japan vs. the US?

how the fuck did you accomplish that, you turboshit??

this.
he probably made more money from this too, they barely pay shekels in the east despite the top talent there

Of course there are a lot of great American animators. However, they are much harder to get as they are tied to a studio. So people from Titmouse aren’t accessible in comparison to guys who work at studio trigger.

Posting shota/loli one too many times. Pretty basic, but it was enough.

any newly featured temp show off of adult swim says otherwise. most cartoons that disney puts into the trash says otherwise.

this.

James Baxter is a britbong

>that lapis

my heart can't take it

Everyone is an NPC, prove me wrong.

Eat this link: m.youtube.com/watch?v=REOf3xfamzM

Why can't he stop stuttering

that's what a real hero does

Whats the difference between working at Titmouse or Studio Trigger? Aren't they both animation studios?

hot dogs.

> su
> passion

HahHa, good one, user. But if Su is anything is lazyness

>Cartoon with some solid animation for once
>It's by a Jap
How fucking sad, the absolute state of the west.

Attached: 1380264618313.jpg (345x263, 79K)

Who said?

Are you guys fucking around or do you actually no know Trigger just released a movie in theaters?
youtube.com/watch?v=_3zqza91fYI

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF Yea Forums

Attached: laugh tear.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>tfw freaking out about bump in animation quality
>friends I’m watching with have no idea what I’m sperging about
I need new friends. Shit was incredible.

anything that Rebecca storyboards herself looks amazing. A good chunk of their staff is pretty subpar though.

>anything that Rebecca storyboards herself looks amazing.
lol go away rebecca, no one likes your blocky sausage fingers and autistic facial expressions.

Oh, good, someone else has realized the potential of a crossover story between these two properties.

Attached: d3778373f8075fc81e61b2d027bb7174.jpg (643x960, 58K)

instead of posting lazy memes you should go look at any of the Blue Diamond scenes she's done, compared to anybody else's.

>compared to anybody else's
I mean when you're comparing shit to shit, it doesn't mean one shit is actually good, it's just slightly less smelly.

>frogposting
>good
>wojak
>good
neck yourself.

Hasbro has already said multiple times that they've never met a single hand-drawn animation studio willing to do Transformers well for a sane price.

Which makes sense, Drawing full episodes of detailed robots that transform in various angles and emoting and shit is alot harder than "here 16 minutes of people mouth flapping with robot action on the side" that Mecha anime often does.

>smooth is better
Baxter does floaty as fuck animations.

>quitting

Hori doesn't quit he just likes visiting these shows.

How do people watch this complete and utter pussified faggotry and not feel an ounce of disgust/shame?

>My dad was unemotional so I'm going to be overly emotional

Promare sucked.

Probably thought he'd have less of a chance getting fire bombed.