Despite being financially successful and winning the hearts of animation fans and adults all over...

Despite being financially successful and winning the hearts of animation fans and adults all over, why has the planned sequel to Sausage Party been shelved and forgotten?

Attached: sausage party.jpg (1920x2560, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/108145019
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105890071
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105209173
desuarchive.org/co/thread/104478875
desuarchive.org/co/thread/103784084
desuarchive.org/co/thread/103012342
desuarchive.org/co/thread/102235021
desuarchive.org/co/thread/100859550
desuarchive.org/co/thread/100267029
desuarchive.org/co/thread/99268938
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98311156
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97579475
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didnt it get a bad rep in the animation cum mutiny due to how the animation staff was treated

that's just an exaggerated thing in the big picture. The anime industry still exists after all.

>winning the hearts of animation fans and adults all over,

No, not really. The only noteworthy thing about it was the bad time they gave the animation studio and proving that there was a chance to make a profit with a nonDisney CG film.

>winning the hearts of animation fans and adults all over
Let's not exaggerate, it was okay at best

Attached: annoyedrocko.jpg (357x402, 14K)

It only got finished because of literal slave labor

what are you smoking? Literally the best possible review you could earnestly give it is "it's your typical juvenile seth rogen joint"

Yes. They badly mistreated and underpayed (and refused to pay) many animators and crew.

Were there any lawsuits?

This movie's primary gag was stolen from The Annoying Orange

Attached: temp.jpg (224x175, 6K)

That's not how it fucking works.

I mean it kind of sucked, and I rarely say that

>The 2 hour long sex joke that ends with a food orgy and some jokes about themselves

Stop remaking this thread

Man I'm glad Salma Hayek looks hot at 53 because I lost all respect for her after hearing her whine about women in the industry and then play a lesbian taco in a seth rogen movie.

Shut up fag

Shut up fag

Attached: 1550817105212.jpg (532x783, 50K)

Cry me a river, bitchface

yes it does. If big boss man is pushing you around and you're on the verge of objecting and he screams "you're gonna fucking THROW ALL OUR WORK AWAY and your career away?!" will you leave or just lower your head and get back to work?

I liked it! In fact, I consider this movie a bit of a guilty pleasure viewing. It’s funny and entertaining. Also, I screamed when I saw the used condom character lol good lord. Took me by surprise.

Attached: 5A1F79FD-DB0E-4E45-B484-59BABEB18DF2.jpg (600x372, 75K)

Shut up, fag

In my opinion, the movie was fucking boring,not even funny, just using the nigger language every 5 seconds. Also fucking and more fucking, not even sexy tho

desuarchive.org/co/thread/108145019
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105890071
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105209173
desuarchive.org/co/thread/104478875
desuarchive.org/co/thread/103784084
desuarchive.org/co/thread/103012342
desuarchive.org/co/thread/102235021
desuarchive.org/co/thread/100859550
desuarchive.org/co/thread/100267029
desuarchive.org/co/thread/99268938
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98311156
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97579475

Maybe it's time to stop.

NO. THIS MOVIE IS GOOD. GOOD I TELL YOU!

Maybe they're waiting for somebody to write a thesis statement on the film's atheist subtext and postmodernist metafictional elements.

Yeah, yeah, it's really clever.

Attached: opvirgin.gif (480x301, 365K)

I liked it when the Hitler Sauerkraut said ‘exterminate the juice’ becuase it soundscape like ‘juice’ LMFAO

Attached: 7A536305-010D-4DB9-A95A-1746ABB0CEAA.png (1920x1920, 120K)

It actually wasn't that bad and it made me laugh a few times. The movie isn't quite as smart as it thinks it is though and layers on the religious subtext a little too hard.
If the sequel ever comes out I'll see it, but the ending really didn't warrant a continuation and it works better as a stand-alone.

Attached: tumblr_obu490CkVl1rpjp15o1_1280.png (1280x1851, 1.17M)

It's bizarre how the people behind this movie were marketing it to be memorable in the sense of being unforgettable - and yet, people have forgotten it or try to pretend it doesn't exist.

News of its animators being exploited damaged its image and became memoryhole’d

I enjoyed it, but the orgy sequence was fucking terrible.

At first I thought it was just shocking
Then it was sorta funny
Then it went on for too long

Because Seth Rogan can’t commit to anything

>The jew and arab fuck each other
Now we know why the sequel will never happen

It is a Robot Chicken sketch stretched out to two hours. There is nothing noteworthy to remember or really care for.

The only people who said otherwise were the idiots that kept saying it was “going to bring back adult animation”. Which even if had succeeded (and wasn’t exposed as a project where the animators and workers were abused, mistreated, and not paid) it would have just been more braindead stoner comedies.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!

>Script leaks
>Appears to be a shitty stoner comedy with tired humor that attempts to make a deep, meaningful commentary on religion with all the whit and subtlety of an edgy 15-yea-old
>Film comes out
>Several critics claim that, in spite of the awful script, the film was actually pretty good. In fact, it was hilarious, surprisingly deep, and astonishingly profound
>Call bullshit
>Years pass
>Finally decide to give film a chance
>It's a shitty stoner comedy with tired humor that attempts to make a deep, meaningful commentary on religion with all the whit and subtlety of an edgy 15-yea-old

It's like if Robot Chicken tried to write "Life of Brian"