As much as it pains me to admit it, it was better than the zim movie

as much as it pains me to admit it, it was better than the zim movie
and mind you i complained and bitched about seven universe non stop as it was airing
goes to show they can actually make something good when they are trying, i just wish they tried more before

Attached: the-new-steven-universe-movie-is-out-so-here-are--2-394-1567540671-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

watchcartoononline.io/steven-universe-the-movie#
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhlATq0djU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That’s why we Believe In Steven

Attached: dibflip.jpg (640x624, 54K)

Eh, it still had the same issues as regular SU. The only thing that made it better was Spinel and the fact that Steven fought the antagonist physically for once.

this

the movie is way better than the show people should just recommend others just watch the movie and not the show ever

Attached: 1567536113396.gif (540x304, 2.43M)

the strongest thing about steven universe were always its villains, its not fair to say it was only good only because of the bad guy, it would be like saying samurai jack was only good for the action sequences

It's a better movie, but Enter the Florpus brought me more joy. Probably because of the return of something that was gone for 10+ years, in contrast to SU which is still getting a new season

if someone who hasn't watched the show tried to watch the movie they wouldn't be able to sit through the first cringy song

i've never seen the movie and never will, what makes the pink clown a good character?

Story direction? Maybe, and that's a hard maybe. Art? You're out of your fucking skull. The Zim movie was an animated labor of love, and the opening sequence, as well as the fight and chase scenes show that.

I dunno, Spinel was awesome, but there are a lot of good little character moments from everyone else that kind of get ignored in her hype.

> The B-team joking about how they all tried to murder Steven
>Bismuth's take on the Crystal Gem theme
>Amethyst being the only one Steven could reset on his own because they're the tightest of siblings
>Everything at the concert

Fucking same, this was so good

the only really cringy song to me was the one with bismuth as her va really doesn't know how to sing

Despite going overboard on the songs and the whole erased memories shit being a literal mlp plot, I also enjoyed it if just for Spinel and Chad Fusion.

has an actual motivation thats not stupid or could be fixed with a song and you do feel bad for her, plus is mentally ill and it makes sense and doesnt come off as edgy
plus steven acts like a 16 year old teenager and not a retarded boy

Rubber hose animation
Genuinely menacing/emotional lines
Super legitimate reasons for attempting a murder suicide pact on the planet
Punches the fuck out of Steven

some of the animation was really good
there were some weird cuts tho

Bismuth's singing sounded way better than Amethyst's VA trying to choke out a song

This is an interesting theory. I think I'll go ahead and test it out on some people.

No?
Regular show, hey arnold and zim were much better.
Hell Bismuth, another SU special was better

>buh me waifu saved IT XDDD she cried and is lesad!!

Steven have no conflic, there is no real change, 0 stakes, all flash and zero substance.

Clowns are almost always good characters, even if the show itself is bad

Bismuth being the most gunho of the gems and revamping the anthem to be harder was awesome. The only bad part was Steven's shitty moping.

i can take seriously someone who enjoyed the jungle movie, sorry

the only thing SU movie did better is the animation consistency, keep seething

Attached: IMG_20190831_194841.jpg (261x327, 48K)

>Hey Arnold

Nah, I love Hey Arnold as much as the next guy, but that was a pretty mediocre movie for a project that was over a decade in the making. None of the emotional cues resonate as well and some of the humor is really unpolished.

>the strongest thing about steven universe were always its villains
Yea, untill season 5 where the villains bocomes a joke
look how they ahve portraied the diamonds in this movie, like some braindead morons that just whanto some pet to pass the time.
Where the fuck is the old yellow diamond that was menancing as hell?

You forgot
>she has the best best son of the entire show.

Rocko>Zim>Steven

>like some braindead morons
but user, thats what they have always been

Best song*s of the entire show. I know sad songs are a dime a dozen in SU and people wanted a proper villain song, but Drift Away is fucking soul crushing.

Hit me with a link. I've actually never watched Steven Universe.

>it was better than the zim movie
NOT SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE!

Attached: not_scientifically_possible.png (938x528, 613K)

Yes and no, there are many different type of morons, like the petty arrogant one and the dumb braindead
they were never braindead dumb before the movie.

watchcartoononline.io/steven-universe-the-movie#

Mh, yea, thinking like that, yes, agree, both of them are the tops os SU songs.

Yeah it was definitely better than enter the florpus. Surprising too

SU only has one good villain in the seiries and that Jasper. Spinel was good but no the villains in SU mainly suck

THIS

Same
Did not care for the finale of SU but had a great time with the movie, though all the singing got pretty tiring

Like it or lump it, Steven Universe would be in the top ten of most influential and respected non-comedy American animated series, up there with BTAS. Possibly even in the overall top ten, although on the lower end under the likes of The Simpsons and Flintstones.

Nope. Zim´s movie took everything from the show and made it even better. Not to mention how it proved it´s worth by doing insane things that they could never do in the show.
The movie is nothing like a regular episode of Invader zim. The stakes are higher than in any other episode, it has actual emotional conflicts and has a finale that brings every main character together to clash in an insane and outstanding climax.
The SU movie is just...more SU. The characters end the exact same way they began. Animation wise, sure, it exceeds the show. But plot wise? It´s not even close. It´s a predictable, basic story that doesn´t do anything to surpass what has come before. It´s basically a season-long arc condensed into a movie.
The story is really what sets it back. Visually it surpasses Zim in some areas, but the lackluster story takes away a lot of the emotion and tension the movie pretends it has. Florpus never pretends that the main characters are in serious risk of dying for real and that it´s the big finale of the series. It just wants to be the ultimate Zim experience and succeeds.
Zim is superior.

Attached: invasion zim.jpg (1045x551, 183K)

>the flattest, bland and boring villain
>the one good villain
Fuck off, Pink is honestly a better villain than Jasper

I disagree but respect your opinion. While I didn't dislike the Steven Universe movie by any means, but it was literally nothing happens the movie.

>the flattest, bland and boring villain
bullshit, Jasper brought so many people into SU with her introduction episode.

Are you on drugs, user? Its the same formula of every SU episode and even has bad writing as usual, Its probably just the hype hitting you hard

They didn't come for Jasper herself. They came for a lot more shit

Kek, and the invader Zim movie mixed up it's formula so much, right?

I needed to fast-forward through parts of the SU movie just to enjoy it. Sure I like some of the musical numbers and watching Spinel's rubberhose animation, but the Zim movie was better in every other way.

Attached: 1443575271589.jpg (750x800, 292K)

that ending was so queer good god

Zim doesn't have 160 episodes of the same shit and It was more interesting to watch that SU just doing the same old

>soft jazz plays while the planet is consumed by poison

Attached: 2825380377.png (1365x768, 779K)

innocent!garner was the best part, especially her interactions with spinel.

The chase between Dib and ZIM trying to get Minimoose near the end of the movie is a more exciting action scene than anything SU could dream of.

To be fair, Enter the Florpus should have been a 30 minute special. Absolutely not movie material.

Jasper's the only villain with any real complexity, the only one that offered any lasting threat, the only one that had motives for wanting to kill Rose/Steven beyond doing her job or being sad pink died, the only one that faced consequences for her actions, the only one that stuck to her beliefs instead of bending over and sucking Steven's dick when he started talking to her about feelings despite being a victim of Pink Diamond and homeworld herself and having her own tragic backstory that make her sympathetic. Her introduction and her fight against Garnet at the end of season one provided the best moment of payoff in the entire show, she was the source of most of Amethyst and Lapis' existing character development, and was the best rival Steven has had. The themes and conflict her arc provided were a lot more gritty and mature than a lot of the show's later material, she's what made people hope that everything in SU wouldn't just be dumbed down and solved with friendship and talking.

Spinel is finally another villain with understandable reasons behind her actions but she went from threat to non threat within minutes of being introduced, her redemption was also pretty rushed even though her circumstances make it a lot less stupid and offensive than when it happened with the diamonds. Pink Diamond had her complexity but would be a better villain if the fallout of the twist wasn't handled as it was and everyone didn't excuse her for being ignorant and retarded, she was terrible to so many gems that loved her, is responsible for all the deaths that happened in her war, and is the reason for most of the turmoil many characters suffer through but this movie felt like the first time she was actually held accountable and the show didn't try to backtrack on how shitty what she did was.

Comparing Apples to Avocados there, user?

I'll have to side with you, what a fucking waste. I'm glad it's finally over.

Hey, remember when Steven had substantial worldbuilding?

I dropped SU right after Lars turned into a gem. Is it worth watching the movie or will I have missed anything?

That stopped after the first season

I have the theory that the suits told them to tone down the entire show either after they killed Lars or after the fight with Bismuth. It's very noticeable.

it's definitely better than the simpsons, way to dilute your brand, assholes.

I haven't watched SU and i liked this movie.
It had some retarded stuff but it did many things right and it explained what the characters where all about.
Is the show worth watching? Because i decided not to watch it since it looked like it would be boring shit. But this movie was so good i might give it a chance.

That's where I started disliking this show, it used to be nice

They had leagues of set up before they stopped half-way through series run because they realized they'd actually have to answer all the questions they posed

that part felt very end of evangelion. Im sure there was some inspiration there, considering most of them are weebs

that was a very poor choice to put the song there, it worked when they were fighting back against Spinel but then the cheery pop music over the destruction was just jarring

oh sucrose and your anime (((inspirations)))

Why didn’t they hire this guy for a couple of lessons? m.youtube.com/watch?v=XrhlATq0djU

I'll give them both one thing at least, they both made emotional.
Zim had the scene where Membrane said he was proud of his son.
Steven had the Spinel.
But the SU movie is a glorified clip show where everything cool happened in the time skip, and a good villain.
Zim actually got a laugh out of me.

Spinel was cute.
You have to admit it

>Left a potential ally for 6000 years despite having a useful as hell reboot weapon

What the fuck even is this movie

It's okay I was desperate for any Invader Zim content too. I got the whole dvd boxset that looked like Zim's house, and when the movie was up I laughed at every joke. Eventually that dissatisfied feeling I had on samurai jack season 5 episode XCVI started to come over me once it was finished. I realised I was better off watching the gravity falls finale.

Attached: dib1.jpg (1200x669, 142K)

I think you mean Sadie's song

>Spinel is a gem apparently made only for companionship and clowning around
>Spinel is also the only gem that can knowingly and effectively operate a planet-killing bioweapon
wat

Attached: 1497673365146.jpg (500x265, 90K)

>Zim's Tallest aren't coming
>Spinel's Diamond isn't returning
>Rachel's parents don't accept her

Why all the parental ditching, nostalgic movies? You ok?

Attached: WhyYouGottaBeLikeThat.jpg (1045x959, 154K)

Really? But the Invader Zim movie was nothing like Samurai Jack Season 5 in the fucking slightest. The only thing that felt weak was the ending, but it was expected that Membrane would consider the world ending event as fictional while Zim continues to be delusional about the tallest’s mission. Samurai Jack season 5 actively ruined everything about the entire series, shoved in a forced romance, and a shit conclusion that completely contradicted Jack’s efforts and character.

where exactly did they try
the movie had just as many writing issues as the episodes themselves

there's always zero fucking tension when steven would much rather recreate memories and retread the same fucking things we learned in the show instead of actually dealing with the threat in a way that's not "DUDE, EVERYONE CAN LEARN HOW TO LOVE"

the songs were tedious if not forgettable outside of garnet's fusion song, spinelli's song, and the song that played during beach city being drilled apart.

it's nothing but more of the same and not even in a good way. with the complete and utter lack of any sort of development in steven's character in this movie, you might as well not have even aged him up.

like another user said, the zim movie actually elevated its characters (save for the ending) and pushed the envelope from its usual formulaic approach. for once, zim really 'won,' and for once, dib's father actually believed him. that alone easily makes it more of an experience worth watching than the steven movie

Attached: gir.gif (167x179, 238K)

At this point, I'm putting it down to Pink thinking that would be funny.

>I told her to stand there for 6000 years
>I can't believe she actually did it the absolute madgem

I really like the Ruby and Sapphire scene, but I feel like Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were otherwise completely wasted in this movie. Reset Pearl was fun, but her character arc kind of got overshadowed by the Steven Greg fusion. And Feral Amethyst was just nothing. Plus there was that whole bizarre thing where Garnet goes back to normal by hearing the word "truth", then a fight scene that felt tacked on because the writers remembered people like Jailbreak.

The Ruby and Sapphire scene was a lot of fun and reminded me of the humor from the earlier seasons. I wish they had done something more with everyone else that allowed them to have better character moments. Like, I dunno, maybe some extra interaction between Pearl and Spinel? Maybe have Amethyst jump straight back to immature season 1 Amethyst as soon as she sees the paintings and have that be the form Steven has to figure out how to fix (Steven being in the big brother role might have been interesting)? What if instead of rescuing the people, Garnet gets to do something cooler like tag teaming with Bismuth to pull the injector out of the ground?

>as much as it pains me to admit it, it was better than the zim movie

I didn't realize that sucked so badly.

The only thing that came out canon from the movie was Pearl's fine arse..

>Even Garnet couldn't keep her eye's off it during the fight.

Attached: Steven Universe Pearl's sexy bum_02.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Don't forget
>Onion being at literally every location they where looking for amethyst
>pearl learning bass + reset pearl guitar storage payoff
>Overbearing Diamond Aunties

On an unrelated note, how did one forgotten gem get access to a stockpile of deadly poison and ship it to earth in under 24 hours?

That's pathetic ass. One level away from being an ironing board.

I've watched more cartoons in 2019 than I have in the past 5 years. I'm happy there are so many cartoons I genuinely enjoy.

How does she not poof every night?

Attached: 2018-08-23-mindfull.jpg (1000x1533, 633K)

People keep giving an answer to this question, it was either in an armory that wasn't disposed of yet or it was leftovers/ the third answer people give. It's too late for me to find it, but this question has been asked in just about every SU thread I've read today.

I wished that artist did more with Pearl..

Attached: Steven Universe Pearl's sexy bum.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

JLullaby vanished, so I doubt he'll ever do more

Really?

All of Pink's ladies-in-waiting probably have access clearances.

Destroying planets and watching all life die on it is funny for Diamonds. Isn't that why pink diamond even wanted a colony in the first place?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 10.54.27.png (891x567, 526K)

Think his Patreon got taken down and he quit or something, but I'm not completely sure. I just know that he doesn't do art anymore.
Too bad, he scratched that "raunchy" itch I got occasionally.

It was soooo good, and I'm sooooo mad the whole series wasn't like this.

Attached: 56d713e2dd0895260c8b4622-1136-568.jpg (1136x568, 30K)

>have to deal with more seasons with connie

the future is bleak

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.720p.HDTV.x264-MADRiD.mp4_snapshot_01.21.55_[2019.09.04_03.19.41].png (1280x720, 1.23M)

Stopped lurking just to point that Jasper is what brought me in and kept me in, didn't knew the show before her intro episode

cope

SU is shit and no one will remember it, no cultural impact and no originality
decades from now zoomers will not reminiscence about watching a fat sissy bitch boy who cries, bitch and moan every episode

even its audience will not remember it since their attention span is so short they will latch onto another cartoon with "lore" weeks after this

Attached: 1566187030842.jpg (700x456, 171K)

Cringe: the post

Seething: the post

I seriously have no clue how people can say shit like this. The Invader Zim movie is close to nothing like Invader Zim, like have people saying this even watched the show? Not even going to mention Gaz being an ABSOLUTELY different character, and her having like 33% of movie focus, the humor just isnt the same, and god the design and bright coloring choices.
You cant say simultaneously admit
>its different because its closer to the comic and jhonen is out of his edgy phase
and say
>wow its the same invader zim its always been
It took virutally nothing from the show except the plot and premise. From artstyle, Membrane and Gaz are not from the show, only some of the humor is from the show (shit like the anime reference is an absolutely modernized as fuck joke) shit was closer to gravity falls with extra Mabel in humor than the Invader Zim show.
In the end he tells him hes proud of him... For what? Even if we conveniently pretend the show doesnt exist where he is absolutely not proud of Dib in any way, he still spent most of the whole movie gone and spent ever other second still deriding Dib for his paranormal beliefs even after the proud scene. Shit has no impact to it.

It'd be best if you only watched certain episodes. I wonder if anyone's made a list of all the plot relevant episodes in Steven Universe

Imagine a world where the entire rest of the series was animated like the movie.

There is no filler in Steven Universe

Imagine a world where the entire rest of the series had Spinel as a main cast member.

have you seen steven universe?

Attached: confused and angry spinel.png (640x360, 153K)

I love Steven universe just as much as you do user, but let's not be silly.
Just because an episode squeezes in some townie """character development" doesn't mean it isn't filler.

The show has filler. Just not as much as everyone says

>how did one forgotten gem get access to a stockpile of deadly poison and ship it to earth in under 24 hours?
most gems are well under 6000 years old because most gems perished during earths gem war
there are probably tons of unguarded forgotten weapons seeing as they turn asteroids into playgrounds and shit