Does Rob Liefeld deserve his bad reputation?

Does Rob Liefeld deserve his bad reputation?

Attached: Rob Liefeld Name.png (1043x701, 551K)

Yes

Mine's Overrun!

What's yours, Yea Forumslads

Attached: Fren+acquired+good+story+hep+_09a72f3f2a378af0e941d60c1a07192d.jpg (1000x800, 78K)

Black Shard signing in!

Shadeshade

yes
t. Crowforce

Crowblade here. What’s the damage?

Yes and no
He's too much of an outsized character for such a binary system. Like Stan Lee.

I’ve only seen his bad art but I don’t think I’ve read anything he’s done.

Better than endless CalArts Tumblr shit

Blade blade here.

Attached: D89D0F23-0C59-484B-B8D5-90D325FBE13E.jpg (828x470, 165K)

not really

>Blastblaze
Fuck this. That doesn't even roll off the tongue. I'm reversing my my initials. Shadewhip is better.

Bloodblaze here. Let's rock boys.

Overblaze, nice

BLASTFORCE

HELL YEAH TIME TO GET MY 90S AS FUCK NAME
>Ice-Fire
Oh, that's awful.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day so Rob got some shit right and deserve some recognition
The man just loved comics

>Good?
>Bad?
Liefeld Is.

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1600x1217, 627K)

Blade strike

Gun Strike, but my friends call me pistol whip

The fuck is a crowsiege

Bladeblaze here! Liefeld's art is pretty ugly, but I like most of the comics he's worked on.

Absolutely. As an artist his skill level is fairly amateur with a tenuous grasp of anatomy at best to the point he can't even draw feet. As a creative his concepts are incredibly one-note and most of his characters are so similar they almost blend together. As a writer his stories are nothing more than edgy Xtreme garbage an adolescent boy might come up with. I'm astounded that a black hole of talent like him was at one point one of the foremost comic creators in the industry, it's like comic readers collectively became retarded for a short period in the 90s.

>Black Razor
CRAAAAWWWWWLLLLLIIIINNNNGGGG IINNNNN MMMMYYYYY CRRRRAAAAWWWWLLL

Attached: 1563331856494.jpg (600x706, 44K)

I don't understand how a guy who makes most of his characters use guns doesn't know how to draw them in the slightest.

Nice digits bruh

>Black Steel
>”don’t make me kill you sucka!”

CABLERAZOR HERE
WHAT'S THE GROOVE, MINCEMEAT? I GOT TEN DOZEN MUCKERS TO SLAG HERE, SO MAKE IT QUICK

>Iceblaze
better than icefire I guess

I'm ........ Doomdoom? Is that, like, really ... doomish? Do I double down on the Doom?

No. Obviously not.

>Black Hunter

Anyway I don't think he's the worse comic artist ever, there is a sort of goofy, over the top edgy charm to some of his stuff. I find a lot of criticisms online to be very over used, like the can't draw feet thing. But in general he is pretty bad, not just in drawing skill but in storytelling, character and prop design, writing, pretty much every other skill a comic creator should have he was subpar at. Even compared to the other Image guys he was lame. I've also heard many damning stories about him as a person and business man, so I don't have too much sympathy for the guy even if Liefeld hate does feel like a painfully old meme at this point.

>Black Force
wew

Attached: 1542254808434.jpg (639x576, 81K)

BLACK STRIKE

Based purely on the Brigade Kickstarter debacle, yes.
But he paid Alan Moore to write a bunch of comics, so that's cool.
But many of those comics (Warchild, Youngblood 4-6) were never even drawn and published, so that sucks.
Rob's reputation would be a lot better if he hadn't made SO MANY terrible business decisions despite making $27 million between 1992-1995, and just produced an Extreme comic roughly once a month with the best talent that he could afford and DID AFFORD at many points (Kurt Busiek, Jim Shooter, Michael Turner, Alan Moore, Rick Veitch, Brandon Peterson, Gil Kane, Brandon Graham, Steve Skroce, etc. etc. etc.) so that tomorrow we saw the release of Youngblood 300 along with Spawn 300.
But now he doesn't even have Youngblood's rights, and technically hasn't for 20+ years, and somehow lost them to a complete retard like Andrew Rev...
It's mind-boggingly how stupid Rob is, just mind-boggingly considering the opportunities he has had in his career.

Attached: Badrock2.jpg (454x705, 150K)

DEATHRAZOR, BITCHES

BLADECLAW, FUCK YEA! IM SO EXTREME THAT I BLADE AND CLAW BECAUSE IM BLADECLAW

Attached: bladeclaw.png (800x1100, 84K)

Iceclaw reporting in.

Stay frosty.

>Black Hunter
I mean it speaks for itself.