The Batman

Battinson talks about the movie
variety.com/2019/film/features/robert-pattinson-batman-the-lighthouse-1203319866/

Attached: IMG_3415.jpg (1141x1230, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nFA6Ycch1EM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't have to read it.
It's going to be bad.
The Joker movie is going to be the only good thing about this.

Finally, Cedric gets his dues.

And of course, despite his concerns, he was cast in “The Batman,” the Warner Bros. tentpole from director Matt Reeves that will start shooting this winter and debuts in June 2021.
Growing up in England, he watched the Tim Burton “Batman” movies. “When I was a kid, it was the only outfit that I had,” Pattinson says. But he won’t reveal where he used to wear his Batman costume. “If I actually said it in an interview, I would definitely have a lot of abuse afterwards,” he says with an outburst of nervous laughter. “If I successfully play the character, I can say it at the end.”
When Pattinson was named as the front-runner for the role, the backlash on social media was intense — a petition even surfaced on Change.org asking WB to reconsider. “This will ruin my childhood and my dreams,” one commenter posted. But Pattinson is surprisingly upbeat about the mixed reaction. “To be honest, it was less vitriolic than I was expecting,” he says. And he’s not deterred by the doubters: “It’s much more fun when you’re an underdog. There’s no expectation of you.”
Yet times have changed. Many movie stars have been crafting career trajectories similar to Pattinson’s, swinging from independent films to blockbusters and back. And indie directors such as Ryan Coogler have infiltrated the superhero world. Pattinson reveals he had an informational meeting with Marvel around the time of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” but nothing came of it. “I don’t know what I would really be chasing,” Pattinson says. “The idea of trying that transition after ‘Twilight,’ I never saw a road in that direction.” Batman was different because he was the only comic book character Pattinson always loved. “It’s actually an interesting part,” he says. “I think it’s because he doesn’t have any superpowers.”

Is it in the same universe?

He’d been chasing Batman for much longer than anyone knew. Pattinson had heard that Reeves was working on a script that reimagines Bruce Wayne in the younger years of his life. “I’d had Batman in my mind for a while,” Pattinson says. “It’s such an absurd thing to say. I sort of had an idea to do it, and I’d been prodding Matt. He didn’t accept any prods. I kept asking to meet him.”
When Reeves finally finished a script, he relented and agreed to a meeting in Los Angeles. “And then I had to kind of try to imagine what he’d written, and I hadn’t even read the script,” Pattinson says. “I’d come with this pad full of notes.” As discussions continued, Pattinson arrived in Cannes in May, and all hell broke loose in the press. “It was terrifying,” he says. “I was like, ‘Oh f—! Does that screw me because they are so intent on secrecy?’” He found himself attending the “Lighthouse” premiere in the middle of reading the script pages that he’d just been sent. “I’m literally in Cannes in my hotel room [rehearsing],” Pattinson says. “The whole thing was a lot.”
After “The Lighthouse” screened to a rapturous standing ovation, Pattinson promptly flew back to L.A. to try on the Batsuit for the final phase of the high-stakes audition. “It’s maybe the craziest thing I’ve ever done in terms of movie stuff,” Pattinson says.

I mean the only good thing about this bullshit is that the Joker is being rebooted.
This new batman is another poorly cast dumpsterfire in the making.

“I put it on. I remember saying to Matt, ‘It does feel quite transformative!’ He was like, ‘I would hope it does! You’re literally in the Batsuit.’” Pattinson describes what the moment was like: “You do feel very powerful immediately. And it’s pretty astonishing, something that is incredibly difficult to get into, so the ritual of getting into it is pretty humiliating. You’ve got five people trying to shove you into something. Once you’ve got it on, it’s like, ‘Yeah, I feel strong, I feel tough, even though I had to have someone squeezing my butt cheeks into the legs.’”
Although he had a clear take on how he’d play Batman, he had to adjust his movements to his new latex body. “You’re trying to think of the way to balance, how to bring something new to it and not want to scare people off,” Pattinson says. “And work in the confines of the costume.”

Five days later, he officially became the Dark Knight. “I was absolutely relieved when Matt called,” says Pattinson, who got the role over actor Nicholas Hoult. In fact, Pattinson received the career-changing news on his first day on the set of Nolan’s film. “It’s so bizarre,” he says. “I was like, ‘What a coincidence this is happening. It’s absolutely crazy.” A surprise benefit was that he was able to pepper Nolan, who made the “Dark Knight” trilogy, with questions. “I was talking about things to do with the Batsuit,” Pattinson recalls. “How to get more movements in it.”
Pattinson won’t say whether he’s committed to additional “Batman” movies. “I don’t know anything,” he says. “I’ve got an idea how to do about four scenes, and then I’m working on the rest gradually.” At one point in our conversation, he offers a mundane comment about Joaquin Phoenix, who stars in “Joker” (a movie he hasn’t seen yet), before asking to retract it. “Oh s—,” he says, adding that he’s not accustomed to thinking about spoilers. “I definitely should not say that. I’m so used to pretty art-house movies, where you can watch the movie three times and still not know what it’s about.”

Yes

Yep see here

Now you have my attention

Attached: B8ECDBA2-49A7-4110-A939-CA9934084DFA.jpg (1100x600, 101K)

I think he's be great. But a crucial factor of all these films is a proper script. Even a great actor can be bogged down by such things

Sounds more like Joker will be part of DCEU since Matt Reeves said that his movies will be part of the DCEU universe

remember when Affleck killed the franchise

good times

the Joker movie is literally nothing to do with Batman or the DCAEIOU or superheros

it's just some asshole clown

user, who in gods name wanted the dude from fucking twilight as batman?

This is without a doubt the most horrifically stupid casting decision in the wb. And that's fucking saying something.
Who is this for?
Nothing against the dude, but he's the nigga from Twilight. That will never go away.
And being brucewayne batman is not how you do it. Goddamn.

Are you from like, Myspace or Reddit circa 2009 or something? The Twilight meme is a very long time ago, since he's turned in impeccable performances in a variety of good films.

I'm so grateful for threads like this because they're great at showing just how gullible and retarded DCucks really are

Why the hell not? He's more than proved that he is a good enough actor, in other work.

You know if BOTH movies are successful though, they going to cross them over. You do realise that don't you?

Pattinson is a really good actor (though he'd have to bulk up for the role)

I'm falling back on what they said about Burton's Batman: You don't cast for Batman, you cast for Bruce Wayne and then Batman.

Who talks like this?

Attached: twilley.png (309x315, 146K)

user, what has he actually done since twilight.
What has he done to cleanse the publics palate of him being the shiny twink.

They won't.

Fuck off faggot

This is probably sage advice, but he may cut a fine figure in the suit as well. (from Jorge Jimenez)

Attached: 4E8FFAEB-F001-4B79-BAAB-DC5F48C50ACF.jpg (1052x2048, 177K)

incredibly stupid people

>Jaoquin Pheonix
>Doing franchise sequels

Attached: 1384395184693.png (505x477, 270K)

Maps to the Stars, The Lost City of Z, Cosmopolis, and Good Time, turning in one of the best performances in modern kinema. Cosmopolis is pretty much Bruce Wayne drives around Gotham: The Movie.

>Good actor is hired by a movie of a great director
>hurr durr this is baaaad

Attached: u.png (732x676, 146K)

>Good actor is hired by a movie of a great director
It this guy a Poo?

Not that user but it's cute you buy into the "one and done!" joker thing. Phillips milked the hangover for 2 sequels, Road Trip....
They have two great actors playing likely acclaimed "serious" takes on their biggest property- if there's money to be made they will cross these sons of bitches over for sure

They want that cinematic universe money, and 2sides of The DCEU Trinity have said "Adiós".
I guess an elseworld's one could work.
But, if the writer and director is someone he wants to work with, and the script is good...

>My tiny brain can't handle the fact that separate movie universes can exist so obviously they'll force them together just so my brain can no hurty like my arrowverse

>“I think it’s because he doesn’t have any superpowers.”
Actually its the same reason Batman and Iron Man got pushed so hard: Rich Hollywood producers relate to the fantasy of a rich guy using his money to "fix" society, by force

Phoenix will barely show up for interviews. He got into this movie in the first place because Scorsese was attached to it, and it was a remake of King of Comedy, a strange, acclaimed movie from the 80's.
Scorsese fucked off to do something else, and JP made the best of it.

You are an utter buffoon if you think he's going to start starring in PG-13 Capes and Robbers flicks. Maybe next they can get Daniel Day Lewis as Ras Al Ghul!

Attached: 1387798155447.png (293x201, 139K)

WB is literally throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks. If Joker, Batman AND Lex are successful, I can honestly see movie executives trying to draw up a plan. Even though I think they would be better stand-a-lone.

A lot of DC fans on here have English as either their third or fourth language.

You are an absolute moron

Go back to where you came from ladder.

DDL is a really inspired casting choice. But hasn't he already retired?

>AND Lex
You know that's just Yea Forums bullshit, right? Please for the love of god don't tell me your retarded ass actually fell for it.

Do you think Boyega is doing a Bloodborne show for Netflix too?

If he weren't, he wouldn't touch capeshit with a 10' pole.

Ironic since DCEU movies box office domestic share is way higher than MCU.

Exactly. Whether Joaquim Phoenix is actually going to play ball is anyone's guess, but that doesn't mean to say they're not gonna fucking try.

Oh Lawd, I can't wait to here more about this new form of Special Math.
Do go on.....

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

but they end up putting on a suit because throwing money at problems doesn't always work

Dude it's capeshit. I love Joaquin, I love cinema, I get your angle here but he took a capeshit role. And that's fine, a lot of the best actors do, but you're still acting like he's still somehow so hyperbolically above it. He needs to eat like everyone else, and that's fine, 3 of these films will pay more than two dozen Indies.

>DCEU movies make less domestically AND overseas, and that's a good thing!

I'm obviously open to it being a lie, because there was no source, but if the Joker is successful it wouldn't surprise me if they try to take on Lex, especially in the era of whole big business President Trump.

He took a role in a Scorsese production remaking a Scorsese film from 30-something years ago.
WB painted it up to become a Joker movie.
It has absolutely no capeshittery, he's not even the "Joker" until the final act. Just stop.

Oh this is going to be great

I hope you show that picture comparing the first six DC movies to the first six Marvel movies next while pretending like Shazam doesn't exist so you don't have to add Iron Man 3

lmao SCORSESE
bruh
It's capeshit. It's not a Marty picture.

Even though Scorsese fucked off, he can still tell himself it's a remake of a Scorsese film.
Contracts be a bitch. But he ain't signed for no Batman shit.

>Le smug cartoon dog poster

god you're dumb

They got the suits with the money. In these guys minds, Batman snagging himself a military prototype for the batmobile in the Nolan movies is no different from how they get exclusive medical treatments or their new Yacht. Obviously the comics can play up Bruce & Tonys intelligence and inventiveness all they want but when it comes to film that's doesn't matter when these bourgeoisie literally believe that poor people are poor because they're not intelligent, and that rich people are rich because they're mentally superior

It is literally a remake of King of Comedy from 1982, where Robert DeNiro played the character JP is this time, and DeNiro is playing the role Jerry Lewis had in that film.
It's the same damn movie.

It's a capeshit movie! Fucking deal with it, Mousedrone

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Please comment redpill me on king of comedy.

Ah, the usual suspects

I feel bad even goofing on you at this point, but is the Dark Knight like a remake of Heat too? Winter Soldier, Three Days of the Condor?

Just watch Joker it's a remake, if you like it go back and watch the original

So it's just about a comedian losing it?

>remember when Affleck killed the franchise
No, but I remember when Snyder killed it.

Attached: legosadfleck.png (1024x581, 485K)

Yeah he just wants to be a gameshow host and kidnaps him to do it. In the original it's Jerry Lewis, here it's DeNiro same thing.

You're so fucking mad

Attached: 1557669088416.png (783x334, 185K)

The important question is who gonna be Alfred? I vote Jason Stratham.

Affleck Batman was the best thing about BvS, for the first time in a movie Batman actually looked Batman and not some rubber-armored freak.

He was great. It'd be cool to see him come back down the line.

Why is it going to be bad? It has a good director and a good actor as the lead

Davos from GoT

user, who in gods name wanted the dude from fucking beetlejuice as batman?

This is without a doubt the most horrifically stupid casting decision in the wb. And that's fucking saying something.
Who is this for?
Nothing against the dude, but he's the nigga from Beetlejuice. That will never go away.
And being brucewayne batman is not how you do it. Goddamn.

Ok, apparently critics don't like it quite as much as King of Comedy.
Even the Joker's suit is a midway point between Joker's traditional purple and this red.

Attached: King of Comedy.jpg (932x751, 157K)

Bruce/Batman is probably the easiest role in Hollywood. As Batman, all the audience can see is your mouth. They can just have a stuntman do 99% of the role for you, while you sip latte.
As Bruce, you have to do that "moody look" you've been practicing in the mirror since you were 13, and deliver a few throwaway lines.

The villains do all the heavy lifting in Batman movies.

>user, who in gods name wanted the dude from fucking twilight as batman?
me, he's great in most of his movies
Cosmopolis, Good Time and The Rover are great examples

Who wanted the gay cowboy guy to play Joker? Who wanted the kid from Home and Away to play Thor? Who wanted Mr Mom to play Batman?
You're a fucking moron

People also petitioned for Keaton and Affleck to drop out, but surprisingly not for Kilmer or Clooney when they were casted as Batman. They don't have a fucking clue.

Your post just reads as the kind of thing that'd also suggest some wrestler dude like Triple H should play as Thor or something.

He should be constantine

Is official?

Yeah, Winter Soldier even had Robert Redford.

Isn't bruce a brunette?

>finally, a thread about "The Batman"
>it's already shit up with ladderbro's autism

Attached: 1450302122516.png (736x736, 154K)

Batman is Austism

Jason's the one with autism, not Batman.

They’re all austists, it’s required to be a embeber of the Batfamily, that’s why Cass Cain is the Queen of Yea Forums.

Attached: 0545DD94-8422-4EE7-9D18-E05A653EA3DE.jpg (846x1200, 458K)

Is this one of those embarrassing interviews where the person is forced to pretend he gives two fucks about the character and source material and the fanbase?

You're retarded, just so you know

Batfamily beyond Dick and Babs is stupid

I was really hoping for a batfam film instead of another bruce adventure

and isn't bruce young in like 6/8 batman films?

the only times he's old are in TDKR and BvS, every other film is the start or the prime of his career
>Batfamily beyond Dick and Babs is stupid
kek
retard

>it's cute
once again...who talks like this?

Supreme gentlemen who want to talk down people do.

PIERCE BRONSON

Someone laughing at naive marks

Reeves Batman and The Joker movie are not tied together no matter how many articles from Collider, Screenrant, & Screen junkies will try to say otherwise.

Ok ;)

>
>Jannie deleting joker and Matt Reeves Batman threads
Why ?

Attached: CollageMaker_20190903_191701137.jpg (1920x2400, 1.62M)

Is Nikki Minaj still Catwoman? Because as long as she is this movie will never be taken seriously.

Yup

If this guy's going to be Batman, then he needs to BE BATMAN, not just Robert Pattinson in a costume. BTFO the nay-sayers by giving them the most faithful portrayal to date.

Attached: 1491380988786.jpg (1988x3056, 1.43M)

Wacky Bean Phoenix has already said he doesn't want to do sequels. You really think he would have signed a three-picture deal? How will WB force him to return to the role? Slavery?

Even if WB begs for another one, Joker Quinn Phoenix will just tell them, "fuck off, I'm doing a movie where I'm a tortuted pianist who loses an arm and develops a masturbation addiction now. It's art, unlike Joker 2, and I'm a serious artist guy."

Right. Makes sense he'd do capeshit but not capeshit twice.

Lol

Damn right. You never saw Orson Wells starring in a superhero film that was just a giant ad to sell toys to kids.

Attached: orson wells f for fake 1489645237866.jpg (261x324, 15K)

Wait. I thought Batman is suicide.

Attached: Tom King's Batman is Suicide.jpg (884x650, 139K)

Even a bunch of the shots look the same. It's like putting a paint job on a car and calling it a new model.

Attached: screencaps-02694a.jpg (1920x1040, 613K)

>he didn't watch Good Time, High Life or The Rover
>he isn't excited for The Lighthouse

Pattinson is a great actor and he looks like Bruce, whoever cast him did a great job.
Also Pattinson hate the Twilight movies, he only did it for the money, like anyone else would.

youtube.com/watch?v=nFA6Ycch1EM

Attached: the-lighthouse-2019-3.jpg (1024x841, 129K)

The Lighthouse does seem cool. I'm kinda getting some Lovecraft vibes from it.

No

Most of these threads are usually made by him

You know he began in Harry Potter, right?

Don’t forget Taxi Driver.

He turn down based marvle. He will regret that

He is handsome.

Imagine if you will being the kind of faggot that bitch is about Justin Bieber in a YouTube comment section of a dad rock music video. That’s the kind of faggot you are. I bet you’re typing out a manifesto

>They want that cinematic universe money, and 2sides of The DCEU Trinity have said "Adiós"
You dumb mouse nigger, no actor is above Batman or Superman. they’re Bond tier.