How true is this, Yea Forums?

How true is this, Yea Forums?

Attached: images (16).jpg (554x553, 24.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT4PyfouXZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=1zmEuJW8B0E
youtube.com/watch?v=RPJyXi88VzI
youtube.com/watch?v=iU0LA8sP4UY
youtube.com/watch?v=fTzTCFdzFDA
youtube.com/watch?v=HgNj9v5ClGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TYkP6WMziXw
youtube.com/watch?v=L3hvOlYkjQE
youtube.com/watch?v=UCiU4IsOgNE
youtube.com/watch?v=s0JhKP_1Yus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is, but what people need to understand is while we all know they're retards for doing that, not everyone is doing it to be contrarian. I like a mixture of popular media but I'm also very picky in taste and have to explore in all forms to find stuff I might or might not enjoy. It's fun for me, but yeah, fuck people who hate popular or things just cause. It can work for obscure or underground things as well. I've seen people denounce the opposite just for being "literally who".

Would be on point if retards wouldn't use this argument whenever someone genuinely dislikes something and isn't just a contrarian

Attached: meh.jpg (1440x900, 108.97K)

only linking popular things make you not interesting though

i don't even know if i met anyone like that. even vapid girls who like popular stuff also like a lot of dance or electronic stuff i may have never heard before.

This was made by someone who got butthurt because they criticised their favorite thing.

because they're not popular to people like you
it's just stuff they find on spotify curated playlists

the reason why I started dating my current gf was because she hated the same (popular to a certain degree) things as I

finding music through random playlists is better than completely relying on critics/charts to tell you what to like, something that this board will never grow out of

I don't follow trends like a faggot? Any normalfag that grasps onto anything would talk about how it's the best new thing and then forget about it in a week for next best thing.

>algorithms are better than word to mouth
that's how you ruin your taste in music

a good algorithm that approches randomness smartly should be no different than going to the flea market / record store and picking up random recordings, in a way, it preserves music appreciation, even though it's mostly a waste of time. In a sense, it perfect for autistic minded folks (such as myself).
however, most algorithms out there suck because they're based a little bit on what you like and a whole lot on what others like, essentially, word to mouth

Attached: 1623327949178.png (762x720, 581.88K)

Except it does
I'd much rather talk to someone who has a strong opinion on something, even if I disagree with them
As others have said, this was made by some fag who got offended his 'popular' thing was hated on or whatever

Attached: 1642448737868.jpg (656x1152, 116.06K)

Who hurt you?

Hah, wow. I'm not even going to point out why your retarded ill just let you ponder on it.

>people point out your faggotry
>NOOOOOOOOO NOOO MUH FREE SPEECH I CAN BE A FAGGOT ALL I WAND AND NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DISLIKE IT
grow up or kill yourself

The only music I truly hate is Radiohead

I really hate popular things in general but i love Radiohead

Looks like something only a woman would write down

shut the fuck up you contrarian faggot

>trying to "I AM SILLY" someone for not thinking like you
Go back, retard

Attached: back to twitter.jpg (804x974, 129.6K)

I don't need excuses to hate things.

parroting an opinion is completely different than word of mouth. fully relying on algorithms is not good either but it's still better, that algorithm isn't telling you what to like or forming an opinion for you.

Attached: 916c95c3b28666ff82c9a44237a509f5.jpg (656x533, 85.7K)

it's not that hating popular things is bad, you can be a popular normie and hate popular things, there are plenty of ways to know people

it's that worrying about whether or not anyone's interesting makes you look like a retarded autistic asshole with ugly friends if any

>trying to kick someone off the site for not thinking like you
funny to see one of you faggots being this blatant about wanting to make Yea Forums your astroturfed echo chamber
I'm sorry that scary tweets hurt your feelings, user

Nope, it completely makes you interesting, because you've rejected the mainstream opinion and formulated your own, unique tastes without being influenced by some insidious outside force.
Regards, a proud transwoman.

No, I'm just an interesting person who hates your shitty pleb taste.

based

let people hate things

Why?

t.

Attached: 1587833500676.png (406x431, 44.6K)

what a pathetic attempt at a "i know who you are but what am i"

You're the one that's whining about people calling out echo-chamber groupthink, fucking idiot.

how
contrarianism is the default here so I am actually going against the echo chamber
notice how multiple seething faggots are (You)ing me

Except, most popular music is garbage lol. Makes you wonder why they're so popular. Maybe it's because most people have shit taste in music. Those people include the majority of people on this board

Attached: c057c16509062394cc05c6d8a82548fa37350616ea5e17b3f309b4b3e6000133.png (600x600, 75.83K)

Not true at all. The only thing that determines whether something is actually popular or not depends on if the record industry likes it. It has absolutely nothing to do how good the band/artist actually is. What the majority of people actually like has more to do with what I like to call listenability. Basically, it has to do with how easily listenable a song is. Which is influenced by peer pressure. Just because a song is listenable doesn't make it good.

Attached: 77d5808b16dc226f945d4709035f29335b93304eaf5da61530b8e4408965488a.jpg (850x842, 104.96K)

But basing your personality around thinking you're better than other people because you like obscure music they don't know about is lame.

Maybe it is, but it begs the question whether I'd care if people that are bothered by me not liking popular thing weren't interested in me.

Read and fuck off

>obscure thing good
>mainstream thing bad
yeah nice reasoning you got there you fucking anime loving nigger

Things generally are not good, regardless of popularity. There are only so many things that are popular at a given time (again, generally not because they are good), but there is innumerable obscure things. So it is always more likely that would fine a good obscure thing vs a good popular thing.

Well if someone didn't genuinely dislike something to not like it, then that would make them a faggy poser, wouldn't it?

Sort of. However, hating popular things is the prerequisite to being an interesting person. Because if you love popular things you're a normie and normies aren't interesting people.

>if someone didn't genuinely dislike something to not like it
but has anyone ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like???

Isn't this the whole punk genre in a nutshell?

holy shit dude please just jam a glock down your throat

This thread is useless against 4Chuds

>unpopular thing >popular thing
youtube.com/watch?v=QT4PyfouXZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=1zmEuJW8B0E
youtube.com/watch?v=RPJyXi88VzI
youtube.com/watch?v=iU0LA8sP4UY
youtube.com/watch?v=fTzTCFdzFDA
youtube.com/watch?v=HgNj9v5ClGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TYkP6WMziXw

Attached: n1JhWE6.jpg (5000x3712, 869.37K)

Your reply is invalid.

Lol ironic. You’re probably upset somebody shit on the Beatles.

It's called a topic, not a product dumb fagboy

Your reply is more invalid :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=L3hvOlYkjQE
youtube.com/watch?v=UCiU4IsOgNE
youtube.com/watch?v=s0JhKP_1Yus

gay link poster.

nobody is impressed by babies first controversial music opinion.

My taste is infinitely better than yours lol.
>Muh poopular music
LOL BTFO

Attached: 16e9fad60635e7a9e1bcd843e9939437b0d11d49_hq.jpg (797x453, 40.02K)

poopy reply = poopy person

You've just been btfo and that's all you've got to say?

Your mom is useful for 4chuds

You can't btfo by yourself. Someone has to do it for you. It's like /thread.ing your own reply, which is severely cringe and gay. You're probably a pedophile tranny. Go dilate

Attached: 1625972675056.png (600x800, 33.37K)

>You can't btfo by yourself
I just did BITCH. What are you going to do about it?

Attached: 1417509247393.jpg (640x1917, 209.88K)

Now THIS is a btfo.

But your taste is objectively fucking trash my guy.

You're probably an acdc niggerfaggot lol. Your post is invalid

Attached: 5GMZxkt.jpg (1280x720, 158.98K)