At what age did you start to really care about music?

At what age did you start to really care about music?
I didn't even know what an album was until I was 19. Before then I just listened to various classic rock and eminem songs.

Attached: 190-7ha.jpg (400x400, 19.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRCNR6qznfI
youtube.com/watch?v=J3mC2bifuJg
youtube.com/watch?v=GCkVbygxZag
youtube.com/watch?v=9fwsRpJhVg4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0YGdEgif-w
youtube.com/watch?v=VaZJ5E1MeP4
youtube.com/watch?v=vCKc4fJzLi8
youtube.com/watch?v=diR4dCn0R0s
youtube.com/watch?v=57leQ-HqZLA
youtube.com/watch?v=37lLqM-h-Ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like 12

I got really obsessed with the beatles and listened to all their albums at 12. then I did the same with Rush at like 13. yes I am leaf

probably around 12 when I first heard "The Forest" by The Cure

prob like 7 years old when i first started collecting linkin park cds. i always liked music tho

11 years old when I bought my first cassette tape, the only one I had because CDs took off the following year

16 for me. I had Vida la Vida from Coldplay stuck in my head from a music video I saw two months back. I spent the whole day trying to figure out what song it was.

6th grade, I think music is gay now.

Various points throughout my later childhood and going into my young adult years.
Remember in the earlier days of Soundcloud, when people were exploring the landscape of electronic music and making all sorts of weird shit.
That's the first time I really got into listening to music, and was more into things like deep house and techno.
Then, when I went to community college in my late teens, I got into folk metal.
After major hopping and going back to better college, of which I am graduating, at the age of 24, this semester, I went from classic blues rock to grunge and now to post punk/goth rock.

9 or 10 but it really kicked in around 13

15 or 16
when i got my first computer at around 13 i began casually collecting music but only got serious at around 15 it basically became one of my hobbies, torrenting/buying and cataloguing albums, artists, genres etc
my fav bands of all time are either rhcp or type o negative
the halo soundtracks are among my fav albums tho
picrel, in love with this album
the cover along with the actual music is really nostalgic to me

Attached: 1200x1200bf-60.jpg (1200x1200, 240.79K)

Same.

Whatever age you are in the 4th and 5th grade. I listened through a bunch of albums my mom had, and started getting my own at that time.

please be b8
RHCP is one of the worst bands of all time

Attached: 516fed4ed103281d9497b19efb18d74b.jpg (1375x840, 166.92K)

around 13-14, a couple of years later I started listening to albums

Since i was born, i probably couldn't spend a day of my life without listening to some sort of sound or music. If i become deaf i'll probably kill myself.

I got serious about it around 12. But when i was a baby retard, i really loved r&b for some reason and still have some of the CDs my mom gave me when i was like 4 or some shit.

i think like 11 although i had a deep admiration for musicians and the beatles at like age 4

>didn't even know what an album was until I was 19
low IQ brainlet detetected
age 8 probably earlier. when you have much older sisters shit starts earlier so ive found

Early teens (11-12) was when I actually had control over what music I listened to, me and all my friends shared lots of our music taste and we would get together to burn our CDs for each other all the time.

around 13, I listened to Gorillaz' debut and I was hooked.

At 12 i was a kurt cobain lover then i discovered pixies and radiohead and everything got serious when i was like 13 before that i used to listen to "old" music you know quirky kid thinking he is special for listening to queen

A year ago, when I was 19. I really have no other interests because I'm too scared of what others may think. I started out trying to get into more popular genres, but I'm really starting to figure out what I really like. I've started writing my own music too, thought they're just lyrics at this point. I still don't know how to play an instrument yet, but I'm going to start playing piano/keyboard soon.

Like 5. My mom was a big musichead and always had interesting shit playing in the house and she'd drink and smoke in the afternoons and dick around on the piano for hours at a time. Drove my dad nuts but he never really said anything
She always got us a new cassette and later CD at every birthday, Christmas, in my Easter baskets, 4 siblings so between us and my mom we had a fuckload of music available

at like 11 or 12 is when i started "getting into music" online, but i didn't really listen to full albums or anything like that until i was 16 and i tried to be more of a "music nerd"

Was 12 when metal became my personality and I listened to it more to fit in. Friends would roast each other if someone mentioned something other than metal/rock.
Explored a lot of genres around 18 and music became a lot more enjoyable when I listened to whatever sounded good.

I started getting into music at like 15, but I only listened to random songs I found online and other songs that my dad played since I was a child, I had nothing concrete. Then, a couple of months before turning 17, I listened to my first full album, Kill 'Em All, and everything went from there. Literally a week after I heard KEA, I got my 'heart broken' so I listened to a shit ton of music to distract myself.

12, just reading old rolling stones magazines got me interested in it

Honestly it was when I listened to pic related the first time back in 2005. It's what influenced my drumming career today. I initially grew up listening to just whatever rock station my dad listened to in the car. So by the time I was 10 I was already accustomed to things like Korn, Slipknot, POD, Linkin Park, Green Day, Three Days Grace all that monster drinking Kyle shit. My other main intake of music at the time were videogame soundtracks. I got a lot of my music taste from Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Need For Speed Underground, EA games soundtracks were the best back in the day.

But while I loved music at the time, I didn't really know If I'd have a connection enough to want to learn or really care. But that's when Myspace came out. I'm not sure if a lot of people here remember, but Myspace was actually one of THE best places to find new music. There were SO many filter options you could sort by Country, Genre, Label, Independent, Popularity you name it. This is when my taste TRULY started to expand and I started getting heavy into Punk in general, but mostly European Post-Punk and Post-Punk Revival. That's when I came across Silent Alarm, and it just blew my mind at the time. I had never heard an album so sweet and awesome. Matt Tong's drumming influenced me and my best friend at the time to start drumming ourselves. So yeah, it was when I listened to that.

Attached: Silent-Alarm.jpg (1024x1024, 57.27K)

When I was a toddler. My dad was really into music, so he'd play rock all the time. Of his stuff, I really liked Little Richard, Ian Dury, and The Proclaimers.

I liked the things I'd hear on TV as a small child, so I enjoyed people like MC Hammer and Jesus Jones. By the time I was 9 I liked pop like Eiffel 65 and Hanson, and I was very curious by some of the edgier artists on TV, like Fiona Apple, Marilyn Manson, Snoop Dogg, and Twisted Sister.

By middle school I'd gotten into pop punk like blink-182, Sum 41, and Green Day, rappers like OutKast and Nelly, some alternative stuff like Gorillaz, and some nu metal. By the 8th grade the garage rock revival was getting big, and I really liked artists like The White Stripes, The Vines, The Hives, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

In high school I got into art punk like Richard Hell and DNA, and early rock bands like The Who and The Stooges. And from there I went through phases where I was into post-punk, crust punk, post-hardcore, anarcho-punk, glam rock, trip hop, britpop, and so on.

unironically 15, before that it was just Weird Al and shit like Boyz 2 Men, honestly.

I used to listen to a lot of video game and anime related music, and instrumental hip hop too (mainly nujabes, because of samurai champloo), then, at 17 I wanted to discover more things, so I started with Mr. Bungle, maudlin of the well and all the classic prog rock bands, so that helped me to open my mind a lot

When I was about 8 I had a cd with things like Bon Jovi, Steve Miller, and Blue Oyster Cult. I fucking loved it. My sister gave me some of her old ones like The Starting Line and The Used.

10-13 I was listening to random numetal, classic rock, and electronic songs.
15 is when I started collecting albums and going on Yea Forums.
Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay was the first new album I was hyped for the release of, cringely enough.

When I was 13 or so, after hearing Feel Good Inc. on the radio. Before that I didn't much care for music, but I liked Bob Marley, the song "Like Humans Do" by David Byrne and those sound snippets from Encarta.

kek that happened to me a few days ago when they played one of the late night shows. by radio standards, they’re fucking excellent though

I want to make an incest joke

WE’RE GOING DOWN IN A NEWY AROUND
SUGAR BAR GOING DOWN SWING IT
I’LL BE A NEVER ONE WITH A BULLET
ABSOLUTE COMPASS COCK IT AND PULL IT

Attached: 257C21EF-154F-42FA-8843-1E8A42D1D0E5.jpg (263x192, 6.18K)

>so I started with Mr. Bungle
I was never really into Mike Patton, but I really liked his band Fantomas. I was into both Slayer (Lombardo plays drums) and Melvins (Buzz plays guitar) and that probably interested me more. Here are some Fantomas tracks I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=iRCNR6qznfI
youtube.com/watch?v=J3mC2bifuJg
youtube.com/watch?v=GCkVbygxZag
youtube.com/watch?v=9fwsRpJhVg4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0YGdEgif-w
youtube.com/watch?v=VaZJ5E1MeP4
youtube.com/watch?v=vCKc4fJzLi8
The album of soundtrack covers they did is my favorite of theirs:
youtube.com/watch?v=diR4dCn0R0s
youtube.com/watch?v=57leQ-HqZLA
youtube.com/watch?v=37lLqM-h-Ak

Attached: fantomas.jpg (446x446, 31.36K)

Oh yeah, good stuff right there, I love fantomas too (the twin peaks theme cover is my favorite in that album)

19 or 20 years old
I started listening to prog a few years ago and still can't get enough

I’ve been playing the trumpet since I was 11 but really started developing a taste for specific genre when I got my drivers license and didn’t want to drive everywhere in silence like a sperg

Attached: 7B4024C5-CC5B-4F8E-81A3-12C30607989A.jpg (625x482, 67.5K)

I remember using a cassette dictaphone to record opening themes to my favorite cartoons when I was about 8 or 9. Had at least one full tape of them. Only got into actual music at about 13 when I saw Gorillaz and Fall Out Boy on TV, used to ask my father to take me to his work so I could download a couple singles. At 16 I had my own room and a computer with good internet, so I could listen to full albums.

i also got into music at 19, or maybe 20. i just listened to video game osts growing up, but then i started listening to exclusively daft punk and justice for a year straight. slowly branched out over the years into more and more electronic, and now here i am with a taste that is very satisfying to expand on. but it's funny that the things i like now are what i always liked about my favorite vidya osts as a kid: 4/4s, distortion, and crunchy bass riffs

Attached: 0580299D-3207-4B4C-A361-80EA55CFC35B.png (248x216, 86.71K)

I was vibing at random electronic genres at like 7 or 8 years old but I got my dnb awakening at 16. Fast music is the shit man

> unlimited love

listening 2 it rn lol
while i grab bills and birthday cards out of other ppls mailboxes

My dad got me really into Prodigy from a young age, and of course being the retarded 5 year old I was I liked the pop stuff they'd play on TV.

I got really into rock, The Stones, Led Zeppelin etc around 11-12 and my interest and taste in music just kept growing, I'd say I've got a pretty ecclectic taste in music nowadays, but I'm also a jaded boomer who hates whatever the fuck passes as music on the Radio/UK Top 40 nowadays.

>Vidya OSTs
>Electronic
>Daft Punk
>Crunchy Bass
My Man.

Attached: melonbread.gif (300x290, 374.71K)

Like 8-9, got really obsessed with nfs underground and most wanted soundtracks. Even begged my parents for an mp4 player and listened to them all the time.

13. Before that it was just random shitty anime music, then I had just got into the whole album format and listened to Touhou doujin stuff that I downloaded. My friend introduced me to metal at 14. Shit like Gojira, Opeth, Mastodon, etc.

>I didn't know what an album was until I was 19
I was going to mock you, but I like your optimistic outdoors wojack.
For me, I nearly got into it when I was 8 when I read about the Residents in a PC magazine. Couldn't find their stuff though. Not long after 911 came to my school. Everyone else was excited and got their autographs, I didn't. One of them, Declan, I think, asked me why I wasn't getting one. When I told him that ai didn't like music he told me that maybe I just disliked pop and that there were all sorts of other types of music out there for me to explore. He said there was something for everyone. That stuck with me.
When I was 15 or so, I fell for a violinist. Talking to my only friend I pondered if I should get into music to have a shared interest. He told me that he always thought I'd love punk music and gave me a loan of his dad's copy of NMTB. Changed my life.

10 or so when i got my first mp3 player and my uncle loaded it with rock and metal songs.

I went to my first concert at age 5. It was the backstreet boys. When I found out it was for girls I told my dad to promise not to tell anybody.

Who the fuck raised you kids? Didnt know what an album was? What the actual fuck?

Well youre definitely on the right board you stupid faggot

At like 25. I'm 27 now. So far I'm working my way through the "1000 albums you need to hear before you die" list. Then I we'll see. It's hard though. I find so many vocalists of the so called "classic" band insufferable, I hate their voices. Got any "essential" bands with vocalists that have genuinely pleasant voices?

Around 18 I think

I think at 21 I overall started to care about many mediums simultaneously, I started listening to different genres (and albums fully instead of just few popular tracks), I also started reading novels that interest me and not just gibberish Yea Forumscore meme books, I also started watching arthouse stuff when it came to films.
it was also the year where my weeb & vidya phase ended and I haven't visited them since.

The Fall does the thing for me in this sea of vocalists. based vocalist.

i wish you the best of luck on your music :D

14, I got obsessed with a band, listened to all their albums and started buying them on cd

this just sounds retarded