Now that the dust has settled. what is your honest opinion on this movie?

Now that the dust has settled. what is your honest opinion on this movie?

Attached: Spider-Man into the spider-verse.jpg (1200x630, 174K)

Favorite Animated Film, and much better Spidey than Homecoming

Overrated

Great. Definitely deserved the Oscar.

rent free

Attached: raimifag.png (1246x700, 127K)

Animation wise it was fantastic, story wise was a worse clone of the Lego Movie.

It did the one thing I didn't want it do, doubled down on the worst aspect of miles and has pretty much guaranteed the death of the franchise in the coming decade. But the animation looked pretty

At least you titled the thread in a way that tells me to just hide it immediately.

Yea Forums used to have real threads. Not reruns.

Hot garbabge and cringy romance

Loved it, wasn’t perfect. I was never a Miles fan, but I really enjoyed him in this.

It’s going to be ruined by the sequels though.

>doubled down on the worst aspect of miles

Which is...?

I like MCU Spidey too. Shame he's gone.

Attached: tomspidey.jpg (572x546, 68K)

him being from a different universe than peter, its just messy bullshit considering how much this movie needed peter and it's an excuse to now allow miles to have his own cast. But as I said he's the end of spiderman so whatever let them ruin it as much as they want

I just hope the sequel is even a tenth as good.

Don't hold your breath, user.

thought it was pretty good, definitely better than whatever the MCU shits out

animation could have been much better. it was running at like 10 fps throughout a lot of it and distracted me
hated Gwen's design and didn't really like Peni
felt like they could've really done better with Spiderham. like go all out and make him looney toons style animation
nic cage was the best casting choice
kingpin was the only villain I really liked, but I think that was the intention considering he was the only one who seemed to get any characterization

The animation is overrated, the style is really original(everyone else was ripping off Pixar style) but the animation quality is noticiably behind Pixar and Dreamworks.

The audio was atrocious. Tried to pirate and found shitty audio all throughout, assumed the pirated videos were just rehashing the same shitty video so I brought a DVD and nope, the original was awful.

Anyway, I unironically don't understand the mentality of people saying it's good. Seemed formulaic to me, and the little diversions from the formula by the addition of cameos were horrifically executed.

what were they thinking with this design?

Attached: kingpin-walking-cane.jpg (1000x1000, 397K)

it's based on a comic book one

>Anyway, I unironically don't understand the mentality of people saying it's good.
They're just virtue signaling user, that's why Black Panther is the highest rated MCU movie

Attached: unnamed-28-1536850433-640x357[1].png (640x357, 347K)

Probably inspired by Sienkiewicz's take on Kingpin.

Attached: Kingpin by Bill Sienkiewicz.jpg (1158x1492, 603K)

>I unironically don't understand the mentality of people saying it's good

The animation is gorgeous, the soundtrack is good and the characters are very likeable. It's also a very well-executed "alternate universes" plot (not many of those around). Idk bro, maybe you're just dead inside.

This movie helped because it made me realize we're never getting a solo peter movie ever again. Spider-man isn't about just being a guy trying to do good while also trying to live your life, no spiderman is about saving the universe with as many wacky alternate universes you can make toys for

Good things can be formulaic

>the characters are very likeable.
Miles is bland, Noir and Peni are underveloped, Gwen is unlikeable,the Pig is ok and Peter is clearly the only character the writers gave any fuck.

>Gwen is unlikeable
No she's not. 2nd best character of the movie after Peter.

I actually thought it was pretty great, but I don’t think any of the additional spider people past peter parked added to it in any way. You could remove ham, penny and noire and it’d probably be a better film.

Has a A black spiderman and an unmarried woman as dr. Ock

0/10

I think everyone who praises this movie a tad too much hasn't seen The Lego Movie because that movie does everything this tries to do way better, including the visuals.

good movie

It was fun, you got to see Pete in his prime as Spidey. You got to see Pete 5 years after his prime when he's on the downswing career-wise.

Miles is kind of flat as a character but it's nice to get a different take on the origin story.

Noir, Peni, and Porker were trailer bait. Gwen didn't have the character depth she could have, and they missed an important scene that could have easy been her saying: "It's good to see you again Peter."

8/10 might have a good sequel.

It's really, really good.

It's pretty good, but Miles sadly drags it down. Especially with him being the lead.

qt armpit

>Spider-man isn't about just being a guy trying to do good while also trying to live your life

That's literally Homecoming and it was released just 1 year before ITSV

>Never going to get a solo peter movie
come on user I didn't mind homecoming fully but it leaned to heavily on iron man

>it leaned to heavily on iron man
Sadly so did Far from Home.

Into the Spiderverse was great because it got to be a Spiderkid ft Spidermen movie, instead of Avengers: Endgame: The Wrap-up, with Spiderman.

Spider-Gwen has only one trick and purpose which is to bounce off Peter so we could see what could've been, and what can be, she's basically a non-character apart from that (like the original Gwen) so in that regard the movie completely wasted her. She was changed beyond recognition so much that basically her entire role could've been done by literally any other Spider, male or female, she's basically an OC they decided to call Gwen Stacy for some inane reason.

Yeah but it was spiderman is getting replaced wholesale the movie. Unlike the mcu I see nothing good coming from this movie

1st time watching it I loved it. Repeat views made me hate any character that wasn't name "Peter Parker".

I liked it.

He's a big guy.

This movie is the greatest tourist filter in recent times, it's so chock full of stuff Yea Forums always absolutely detested that you can easily tell who's a regular and who's a filthy summerfag, just by seeing if they like anything in this movie apart from Boomer Pete, the three gimmick supporting Spider-People, and maybe Olivia.

How's life back in the 60s?

For you.

Best movie of 2018, in the top 20 for the decade. Great film

Attached: D2fxLSCU0AAI5cA.jpg (926x1200, 288K)

>it's so full of stuff Yea Forums always absolutely detested
Like what?

it was pretty good

>if you’re not a try hard conformist drone you must be new

Second best Spider-Man film ever, after Spider-Man 2.

fucking A M A Z I N G
and a testament of how movies with stakes/lessons still can work in a world where mcdonalds aka marvel/disney is king

Its fucking crazy how it ended being that fucking good considering it came from Sony pictures

Good but overrated as hell

Great example of how almost every western animated film being mediocre at best for the god knows how long makes anything good seem WAY better than it actually is.

Attached: 1559702567669.png (867x766, 796K)