Adventure Time

A new special is in the works, according to Steve Hulett.
tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-streaming-horse-race.html?m=1

Attached: S5_e25_Finn_and_Jake_shocked.PNG.png (850x468, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2017/01/08/adventure-times-jeremy-shada-reveals-his-hopes-for-finn-in-the-final-ever-episode-6368644/
imdb.com/title/tt8164820/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wonder if they'll even both having Finn in it.

Is this a reliable source? Either way, I'm torn between my desire for more AT content and my concern that it'll be mediocre at best.

Mediocre is being generous. Those last five seasons were fucking rough.

Probably for 10th anniversary special.

>Is this a reliable source?
Hulett has been reliable these past months

>It's based on the characters from Adventure Time.
what a strange way to phrase it

It means no Finn and Jake and more Bubblegum and Marceline.

Great, more Marceline and PB...

Finn has a scene in it
Where he's torn limb from limb.

Could just not watch it. Paheal has a better grasp on the story than the last five seasons did.

metaphorically by women that actually want to be around him?

People here hate the last few seasons? I thought they were well received?

People stopped watching because it was so bad. The only discussion was from people with no standards.

That's why the finale was so lambasted. People remembered that they liked the show once, came back to watch it for sentimental reasons, it was fucking horrible.

My level of not caring anymore is unfathomable. At this point it'll probably be some shit like PB and Marceline's gay wedding, where Finn gets further emasculated.

Attached: mind-expanding!.png (860x762, 130K)

>inb4 Yea Forums is all 'self inserting incels'
There's a lot of people that are fine with the last few seasons and there are a lot that dropped off around season 5-6 that prefer the first 5 before everything went to feels shit.

You'll get a of of positive reception outside of Yea Forums though

I just want to see more of these guys.
future Ooo was kino

Attached: sherm.jpg (318x159, 7K)

> I thought they were well received?
>less than 1 million people watched the finale in the US
>the show at it's peak when it was still aimed at children used to get nearly 4 million viewers

Attached: adventure time dead.png (1171x334, 47K)

maybe well received by the 5 people still watching it at the time

I would if Finn will do EVEN LESS than what he did in the series finale?

Got a leaked promo image for the special!

>IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Attached: Adventure time.jpg (960x720, 83K)

Hell no. Leave Shermy and Beth in the shitter where they belong.

To be fair, the kiss between PB and Marceline got over 3 million views on youtube. Though the Season 11 comics got canned because nobody bought the first arc with the ship in it

Finn doesn't deserve good things, like ending up with PB, because he's a toxic male, and therefore a potential rapist and inherently bad. Marceline deserved PB simply by existing, because when a man cries it's pathetic, because he's failed, but when a woman does we comfort her, because she has inherent value.

Attached: Finn toxic masculinity.png (788x231, 25K)

>on youtube
That doesn't account for repeat watching the kiss and foreigners, or even the curious. The finale itself still was watched by less than 1 million in the US, a significant drop in viewership

Attached: heteronormativity.png (504x435, 27K)

Troll post

Fuck off Muto

Do you think that they made something that had triple the appeal in a vacuum might have been deliberate to paper over how much they fucked up the show?

so basically, be a purse puppy beta ally because you dont want to be toxic or whatever.

Yeah, but TV is becoming less and less relevant as most young people either torrent or wait for on demand/go to kisscartoon. The ship is shit, but I don't think you'd get anywhere posting nielsen ratings.

possibly?

>The ship is shit, but I don't think you'd get anywhere posting nielsen ratings.
When it's comparing year on year that's exactly what you use.

Which one made you more angry anons?

Attached: 1564526511432.jpg (1024x4882, 859K)

none of them because i dont watch any of these garbage francises LMAO

None of them made me angry, but out of the ones that I'm familiar with, I felt that Jackie and whatshername was the most out-of-nowhere and unnecessary hook-up. They literally brought her back after ignoring her for a whole season just to reveal that she was dating a woman now without even having her tag along with Star and the gang for the final arc.

None of them because getting angry at that stuff is dumb and also because all of these shows aren't particularly good for other, more important reasons.

this is an adventure time thread so obviously the obnoxious lesbians at the top. Also don't attribute anger to the shitshow that was their relationship.

franchises*

Neither of them, since I'm not an incel who gets autistic spasm because gay cartoon characters exist.

So you're saying that you hate lesbians?

Otherwise you'd love all the obvious propaganda shows.

The seventh and eight seasons are the best. The last season especifically was rough.

no

Why not, user?

Nothing's canon past season 2

Attached: canon gf.png (1012x570, 384K)

>Stakes
>Good
The rest of 7 are some fine and great episodes like Crossover and Blank Eyed Girl, but not the best.

8 is fine, but ends on a really strong note with Islands.

Both not the peak of AT.

The seventh and eight are the best of the last five but they're a long way behind them.

Bubblegum and Marceline at least had ship tease seasons ahead of it being made official.

Ruby and Sapphire were hidden behind the wall that was garnet and was kinda detrimental to her character.

Elsa has no love interest so people like to say she's gay honestly live and let live.

Pearl and Rose have a horrible and unhealthy dynamic. Sam and Luna was handled pretty well.

Korrasami was a last ditch effort to garner praise for their mediocre sequel and the scary thing is it largely worked.

I havent watched YJ season 3 so someone needs to give me the details on this one.

Jackie and her girlfriend literally show up for some last minute social brownie points.

It's fine but honestly Reggie's entire character development needs reworking.

I'm missing the context for poison Ivey and Catwoman but Pamela has always been vaguely lesbian and cat woman falls into what ever fetish the writer has.

Lisa being Bi and/polygamous is hinted at with one of those flash forward episodes but it looks like there's no serious intention of writing the character as such so I don't care.

Bombshells is an elseworld story so they can make that change.

A blush and an out of show confirmation...lazy AF!

Most pissed me off: Korrasami

Least: Bombshells or loud house

>Least
that was built off retconning.

I fucking knew it. AT was a big show for the network; I knew it would be brought back in some form. I just didn't think it'd be so soon.

Attached: mV1rprz04o1_500.png (500x309, 126K)

based

Attached: file.png (544x555, 95K)

Remember when Finn was actually cool and relevant
His multiple failed romances destroyed him and everything he was once good at, and left him with nothing

That's what happens when your show gets taken over by people who hate you.

So will the special have him break up with HW then

>Bubblegum and Marceline at least had ship tease seasons ahead of it being made official.

Finn and Bubblegum were teased since the very beginning. Marceline was a retcon.

Attached: cucked out of final girl.png (1936x1664, 3.74M)

The very reason Finn gets with FP was because the show wasn't over yet, and he and FP were always intended to never work out. They even went out of the way to make PB jealous over their relationship.

Attached: 1548793045697.jpg (1491x5098, 1.17M)

You do realize that ratings in general had been down across the board between 2010 and 2018 right? The finale was among the top five highest rated shows for CN that year with the highest rated show being an episode of TTG that aired earlier in the year which barely scratch a million views.

>You do realize
Stopped right there on your being ass blasted.

Damn that image makes me nostalgic. What could have been eh.

They were largely great, you just suck.

PB was always intended to be the end game scenario until social media bitched that they needed representation in the show.

Attached: final girl you win.png (576x655, 187K)

You pretty much have to ignore half of Yea Forums's opinion in regards of it. Retards like these , , , , , were bandwgoners who dropped the show and just parade the opinion of shitposters without actually watching it.

>Tripfag talks out of arse
Whoda thunk it.

>tripfag
>shit opinions
You have to be at least 18 to post here

>Actually tried to use a fucking ratings argument in the current year
>Didn't expect people to call him out on his bullshit

Attached: 1529032997221.jpg (783x586, 141K)

>dropped the show
I wish I did. I wish I could get that time back, but you fags eat anything up and ask for more without a sense of shame or decency.

Lots of self insert and shippingfags mad at PB/Marceline

... if they stopped watching it then they must have watched enough of it being shit to make that decision?

I dunno seems pretty obvious.

This. Even the SU finale didn't cross 1 million views since nothing from CN does that anymore and they've been pushing their online content heavily.

Didn’t that happen with every CN show at the time in general, with main characters being repeatedly screwed out of romance options

Attached: who do you ship more.jpg (582x589, 82K)

>... if they stopped watching it then they must have watched enough of it being shit to make that decision?
Are you retarded? People can stop watching shows for various opinions that has nothing to do with the quality but most people here stopped watching due to the shipping drama hence all the seething at Bubbleline of all fucking things. You are fucking delusional if you think this board has any fucking standard to say that considering the shit that gets discussed here.

You can stop pretending now.

What happened between 6 and 7 that wasn't 6 being shit?

>most people here stopped watching due to the shipping drama
It seems that most stopped because it was shit, which is why most people bring up that it was shit.

You're falling into the trap the showrunner set that was trying to disguise how shit the show was with shipping.

It was a different time, a better time, before the dark times came; an age before this lesbian nightmare we now live in.

Attached: marceline kisses finn.gif (500x280, 337K)

called it

Attached: finn and his friends.gif (418x272, 902K)

Hot take: Early seasons Finn and PB were the most boring characters in the show. Finn because at the early stages when the show was actually more focused on humor, he was never actually funny, and PB was just generic princess character with the exception of the Duke of Nuts episode.

>It seems that most stopped because it was shit,
Nah, if show dropped a show because of its quality we wouldn't have had StarVs threads everywhere after the second season.
Called what? That's the truth. Look at these people already getting angry over Finn and Bubbleline. You fags are so predictable.

for reference Jenny Goldberg (art director on the special) was art director on Into the Florpus

also Iggy Craig's stuff on OK KO looks like pic related when not exaggerating the art

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-10-14-18h00m13s660.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

>Nah, if show dropped a show because of its quality we wouldn't have had StarVs threads everywhere after the second season.
We still had AT threads after it went to shit. Much of the threads was people talking about how bad it is and how it could be better. You're not making sense.

>getting angry over Finn and Bubbleline.
That was what the entire finale became user, try not to be disingenuous now.

Attached: queer representation.png (850x715, 115K)

How the fuck did this not blow up. All the shit he's done for them and how close he's gotten and they turn it into a "don't touch finn you dumb mutt." moment

Bad Take indeed.

Attached: Lovable PB.png (1214x218, 38K)

but they also tend to go really wacky at times (though not sure if they'll be allowed to go full OK KO on this)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-10h57m56s584.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

>Much of the threads was people talking about how bad it is and how it could be better.
Good to see you were never in those threads.

>That was what the entire finale became user
No just on Yea Forums, it was praised everywhere else.

>No just on Yea Forums

Attached: adam muto twitter3.png (585x522, 238K)

Besides the anger issues, which rarely happened early on, all the other princess behaved the same way that post describes PB.

reminder that the bubbline kiss wasn't in the outline, it was a quick moment that one of the boarders had added

>Much of the threads was people talking about how bad it is and how it could be better
>The mini-series were all well-recieved as well as the latter season episodes
>still parading horseshit that the show stopped being good after season 6.

The finale threads were filled with idiots who dropped the show years ago being confused over everything.

Your first point ignores the board, the second ignores the very picture that the guy posted for you.

You're actually retarded.

Attached: adam muto twitter4.png (575x663, 155K)

>still parading horseshit that the show stopped being good after season 6.

Most shows lose 66% of their audience in one season for completely unrelated reasons to the show going to shit, you're right.

>Posting scrapped tweets and article as an argument as proof of what?

You really are stupid as fuck

God if you asked me 5 years ago that Gumball would be more successful at romance than Finn or Mordecai I would have laughed in your face
What went wrong

Hey, where's Finn in all of Adam Muto's posts?

Attached: adam muto twitter1.png (588x507, 70K)

>Most shows lose 66% of their audience in one season for completely unrelated reasons to the show going to shit
Which never happened to AT. Also in case you didn't know what happened between those years.

Finn's show got taken over by someone who hated him and everything he stood for.

Yeah, this is what the special is going to be about. No fucking way they're returning to any of the main cast.

Gumball wanted the romance plots to still be funny, AT and RS wanted them to be more serious.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-10h58m39s553.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

Is Finn in this post?

Attached: adam muto twitter2.png (587x388, 237K)

>God if you asked me 5 years ago that Gumball would be more successful at romance than Finn or Mordecai I would have laughed in your face
He doesn't know.....

Not in the slightest and I liked PB's attitude and role back then and didn't mind if she adventured around with Finn and brought new ways to take down dudes to the table. Just because you want your ebin deepness shit doesn't mean not everything being expanded upon is a bad thing.

>tfw you'll be an old man when they make the ineluctable Adventure Time sequel, featuring Shermy and Beth (and Gibbon as the main villain).

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-10h58m59s280.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

Stop projecting and go back to dilating.

Don’t tell me that Penny broke up with him
Please

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h02m00s701.png (1920x1080, 3.98M)

I guess it was only Yea Forums talking about it?

Attached: Just Right.png (644x671, 57K)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h03m13s708.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

This official comic page also isn't proof, it was simply only talked about here on Yea Forums and therefore this page and the resulting comments are figments of one's imagination.

Attached: cucking never ends.jpg (1031x1734, 539K)

>Not in the slightest
They were all sweet flirty teasing ditzes who loved their people.
>Just because you want your ebin deepness shit doesn't mean not everything being expanded upon is a bad thing.
I said nothing about being deep or not deep, retard, just that as they were, those two brought the least to the table in terms of entertainment compared to other major characters.

8 does have Elements, which is great. And I count Elements as being part of the longer eight season based on the show's production and not its shorter version as it was marketed as by CN.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h03m44s482.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h05m55s612.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h06m35s638.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h11m11s703.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

Just bubbline, the rest are ok as they don’t simultaneously steal the spotlight and attention from the plot or main character. Bubbline has taken over any conversation of the show, most of the fanart is bubbline and even the showrunner and writers cared more about it than about Finn and Jake.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h11m28s875.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

Yeah that's why their comic was cancelled right?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-31-11h11m43s850.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

reminder that we almost lived in a world where the kiss didn't happen, as it wasn't in the original outline, a boarder had to add it in

>How the fuck did this not blow up. All the shit he's done for them and how close he's gotten and they turn it into a "don't touch finn you dumb mutt." moment
They could tell he was desperate for sex.

We almost lived in a world where the kiss was Finn and PB. Almost doesn't fix a shitshow though.

nah that feels like a lot more variables in the past had to be different, it's a more distant alt universe than the "no kiss at all" one

The showrunner not hating Finn was the only variable.

My point was more that there's no point dwelling on how much they fucked up though. The kiss wasn't even that bad, it's just the thing that it's easiest to point out and say it was bad. Nothing in that finale was good.

I disagree. PB was fine in her carefree questgiver role that actually did have the freedom to venture out of the kingdom whenever she pleased. Finn was also fine being the enthusiastic hyperactive dogooder that could actually LEARN lessons that didn't span seasons. Sorry you want your deepshit, fag.

A tumblr ship might be popular with danger hairs but it doesn’t always sell, danger hairs don’t buy comics or merchandise. The lesbians need more spark and personality or it’s just boring, bubbline is the most boring milquetoast lesbian ship of all time in my opinion, and many lesbian ships are very boring.

>nah that feels like a lot more variables in the past

There was blatantly that scene about Finn getting taller. If you the kiss which was added in at the last moment, then it leaves things ambiguous between Finn and PB.

Both Finn and PB's actors gave their thoughts on the situation:

>"Because she was so hurt by her first and only friend, PB chose a life of isolation over intimacy with another person. Thus, she's kind of a squirrelly loner; thus, she's not interested in suitors; thus, she substitutes the adoration of her governed masses for love. But I'm really hoping someone comes along and rocks her world."

Jermey Shada made this statement in regards to Finn finally settling down with a princess:

"I’d like to see Finn possibly finally settle down and end up with a Princess, as he’s been having trouble with that over the whole nine seasons."

metro.co.uk/2017/01/08/adventure-times-jeremy-shada-reveals-his-hopes-for-finn-in-the-final-ever-episode-6368644/

Attached: getting tall.jpg (1061x597, 83K)

*If you ignore the kiss

Will Finn not be useless in it?

>if you take out the kiss
I never put two and two together

That fucking transgender sweedish sleeseball cunt. Fuck Hanna K and fuck Emily Partridge

Was he useless in the new comics?

Attached: it was betty.png (971x490, 717K)

ew reviews indeed

Can't say I care much at this point. It'll either be
>Finn getting sidelined again
>An attempt to tell a good story with no where near enough time
>Some SoL shit that may at least give Finn a more positive end
But really I doubt a special like this will change anyone's mind, it will at best make people feel more content but Finn's character became weird ages ago. The finale pushing that fighting bad, when Finn already learnt that there are times for talk and times for fighting was just odd. But so was him losing all social skills years before.

No.

Attached: RCO018_1550063402.jpg (1040x1600, 473K)

Wasn't there an entire Marceline comic?

About 2-3 Graphic Novels in the last year alone iirc

There's a shitload of them

>I havent watched YJ season 3 so someone needs to give me the details on this one.

Girl on the right (Harper) invites the one on the left (Violet) to go get drunk and shoot bottles with a gun. Harper starts kissing Violet, but Violet refuses, since she has a boyfriend. Harper says she does and kisses her again, but Violet again cuts her off. That's all there is to it.

None really but Jackie was probably the worst. Well okay Lisa is the worst but that's more because fuck Lisa rather than having to do with lgbt shit

>Marceline and PB: Could at leave make the argument that it was partially built up over the series
>Garnet: Its basically the crux of their character. Not a big deal
>Elsa: Confirmed not gay or at least we won't be dealing with the potential shitstorm that would have caused in Frozen 2
>Pearl and Rose: Pearl being obsessed with Rose sorta makes sense. Besides Rose got COCK'd by Greg
>Loud House: Who cares?
>Korra: This one felt more out of the blue and was dumb. Only argument that could be made was the time they spent together during the time skip when she was out of commission. Basically a far weirder version of Adventure Time where that had more build up this had next to none
>Young Justice: Who cares?
>Jackie: This one was straight up out of nowhere
>Twelve Forever: She is fucking 12. Its more of a case of "Ooo this eighth grader is so cool and paying attention to me"
>Ivy: Its fucking Ivy. What did you expect?
>Lisa: Lisa sucks
>Supergirl: Don't know much about this
>Star: She just gets hot and bothered for muscles. All her relationships were with dudes. Seems like a big jump to say she's bisexual.

>Finn because at the early stages when the show was actually more focused on humor, he was never actually funny
Why do you think this? Finn was just about as funny as everyone else. Even if he wasn't directly the one producing comedic moments the show still used him to set up a lot of the gags.

>PB was never into Finn romantically
I'd be a lot less annoyed at Bubbline if both its fans and the show itself didn't erase the parts of the early seasons where PB was more than receptive to Finn's advances from their memory.

Attached: bubblegum.png (347x314, 141K)

This absolutely. God dann prudes

He's the former head of the Animation Guild. He's been in the industry for decades and was the most prominent member of the union. He has entrenched connections.

If the special isn't about him marrying HW I'm not interested

Attached: 1566316285483.jpg (894x894, 149K)

No, worse
they’re in a happy and steady relationship where the biggest obstacle for further development is the fact they’re both 12 years old, and Penny is actually reasonable and understanding that he’s not perfect

Attached: alreadydead.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Would be nice if Finn got a win but given the crew hates him that probably won't happen in the special

It's such a shame the finale was so bad it permanently soured all Yea Forums AT discussion. Yea Forums already sort of hated AT before it but there could occasionally be some fun threads. I wonder what the current view would be if the finale was good or even merely passable.

Anyway I think the announcement won't involve any of the main AT cast or take place in the period after the finale, I think the network and any AT staff (should they come back) wouldn't want to touch on those things so soon after they ended. I think that's being saved for the inevitable reboot in 7 years and not just a one off special.
I imagine it must be about Shermy and Beth because what else is there, but I've seen others suggest it could be AT crossing over with another series which would make sense. The way that person said it has "AT characters in it" could mean it uses the characters but in a different work. I think Shermy/Beth or crossover are the most likely outcomes.

Shame it most likely won't be about Finn as an adult or anything like that but at least it will save the dude from getting treated poorly again. He's suffered enough.

If the finale was passable it would be bucking the trend of the rest of the last few crappy seasons. It wouldn't really improve people's perception that much.

Yeah but people wouldn't despise it so much. Keeping that general perception would mean most wouldn't hate it and could shoot the shit about it once in a bit instead of "Alright guys, lets talk about how the finale is shit, Bubbline is shit, and Finn got shit on" every single time.

I thought this shit was over. Why do they keep doing this?

Finn. He is such a good role model. He teaches boys that no matter how hard they try, and no matter whether or not they're genuinely good and skilled at what they do, life will likely give them nothing because they're boys.

Why make a protagonist like this? Why have editorial approve of this?

It's realistic

Regular Show was fucked off from the network and couldn't even wrap up its final season the way they wanted, had episodes not promoted including the penultimates, and then this shit gets a post finale special? Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck CN

Attached: adventure time princess bubblegum twin.png (1024x3623, 1.29M)

Woah what the fuck is that Finn being competent? I haven't seen that in years.

>that spoiler
Goddamnit that's actually cute

>Okay but hear me out
If you ever see this on tumblr, scroll off the post. It's bound to be some real tranny schitzo shit.

I haven't seen any of the AT comics but from what I'm seeing in that page, he gets one cut in, then gets thrown off and the monster just walks away from him
That doesn't seem like competence

Will the special take place before Finn and Jake, during their time, long after their time, the humans, etc.?
Also, will it have "muh lore"

Attached: tfw you remember them hungry looking rainbows.png (591x470, 61K)

On the one hand I see it as a chance to redeem Finn. On the other hand, I see no reason for the same staff to treat him any better this time around.

>Okay Tier
Reggie

>Funny Tier
Cuckpearl and Rose, GayStar

>Actual Rage Tier
Bubbeline, Ruby and Sapphire

>Not Mad, Just Confused Tier
Korrasami, Jackie Lynn Thomas

>Not Actually Confirmed Tier
Elsa

>Don't Care Tier
Everything else

no?
Obviously, among normalfags if you don't like something you just don't talk about, beyond a few extreme exceptions, like the sonic movie and shit
So the best way to do this would be really basic
To see how much people are focusing on adventure time in the earlier seasons versus how much they are in the later ones
So in the pic related you can see all the dates of all season premieres, starting with 5 labelled, and the series finale labelled in green
Now an important thing to note here is that. when people are interested in the start of season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or any season, its because of what they came before it, they can't know they like season 5 before it airs. So when they tune into something like say, the season 5 premiere, its because they enjoyed season 4, not because they enjoyed season 5. When a show is gaining viewers, its because it's been good enough to attract new people, and to have them promoting the show and tuning in.
And when a show is losing viewers, its because the show is making people, who were previously interested, and its losing fans faster than its gaining them, Something. obviously evident of a decline in quality
So why, why in the world, would Adventure Time, be losing so much interest, so gradually, over 5 seasons in a row, if everyone was loving it?
Maybe, just maybe, there was only a small demographic of people, who really enjoyed the new direction of the show, and maybe, they were very vocal about it, and maybe just maybe, criticizing a children's cartoon isn't something that gets published by industry press no matter how popular the opinion.

wrote all this autistic shit and forgot the image

Attached: AT Google trends.png (1205x434, 24K)

Can we just move on and let things die, already.

and TV ratings, but they're much less accurate because they don't account for internet viewership

Attached: file.png (1600x300, 175K)

>Horny teenage boy who has figured out his sexuality and lusts after girls is actually a result of SOCIETY

Was biology and sex ed taken out of the school curriculum in the last decade or something?

What the hell caused that massive collapse?

Only Loud House handled its pairing well that I know of since it actually had build up and they are dating. The others either beat around the bush ("They're gender neutral!") or were shoved in at the last moment for woke points.

its not actually too massive, this is only the ratings of the premieres, which is silly
But, I mean, why would people keep watching after season 5, much less 6? I only watched all that garbage because I'm obsessed.

>angry
>not turned on
I like it when two girls kiss. I say its about damn time.

>But, I mean, why would people keep watching after season 5, much less 6?
There was legitimately enough good episodes still present to keep me interested even though there were lots of bad episodes too.
Really aside from the last season and finale being pretty terrible I didn't regret keeping up with AT

respectfully disagree

AT OST is so good, but I think it went downhill after they realised it was so loved. The show use to be full of burst of creative weird songs, along with the semi unnerving and weird mixes of genres for background tracks. It really summed up the world well.

But then Remember Me happened, and everyone wanted to write the next one. So songs start to lean more on being emotional angst. It often didn't feel like an emotional peak was hit to earn that song, when if you are just doing goofy songs about pancakes you don't need. Whenever I listen to a lot of the later songs all I can thing of is, wow they must have been thinking about all the rebloggs the song would get. The background tracks did remain somewhat weird, but they never stood out as much. It became a bit uniform and often generic.

As shit as SU is at least their gays were built up rather than thrown at the last episode to get free woke points.

That's very understandable, I mean the majority of people felt the same way considering how much the viewership dropped off.
But I felt there were always enough diamonds in the rough for AT to still be an interesting series worth keeping up with. I think to enjoy AT all the way you either have to have an extremely high tolerance for bullshit or be one of those people who get high off their own farts and think the finale was amazing.

Pic related and pseudo deep wank by storyboarders ruined AT.

Attached: unnamed.png (1400x750, 55K)

Completely inaccurate, Marceline isn't talking about how she's a lesbian.

Bad episodes hurt more than good episodes, especially when the bad are often plot relevant, have the largest impact and are the most heavily referenced. Sure their is good in there, but The Hall of Egress doesn't make up for Breezy or Frost & Fire. Egress gives us a great look into Finn as a character, how he deals with a situation like this that actually handles his depressed self well and is basically a standalone episode of little importance. But Frost & Fire is integral yet despised.

If instead the good episodes are the ones that had the biggest impact and the bad were basically filler the show would be much more fondly remembered. But you can't skip the bad here, and it hurt many things fans loved.

Cancer and not canon thankfully. Young PB shall not be tainted.

I liked AT from beginning to end, it only had a few minor stumbles here and there to me that didn't ruin the show overall.

>Bad episodes hurt more than good episodes
I don't think that's really true. I still comfortable calling AT my favorite show and there's 3 full seasons where I don't like a single episode. People still fondly remember Spongebob and the Simpsons despite a lot of people thinking the later seasons of those are bad.

This is really the only place where people focus more on the bad elements of something than the good ones

TIME FOR THE HUMANS

Attached: 1346300446322.png (1200x1600, 2.06M)

Hall of Egress is overrated

>Spongebob or Simpsons
Because those are episodic shows you retard. You aren't forced to watch shit like The Boys of Bummer or Squid Baby to learn where the plot is going because there is no plot. The only thing they can really do that may have some lasting damage is completely ruin a character's backstory like they did with Skinner.

I also liked it that much but I'd say there were numerous massively retarded moments throughout that were so bad I easily see why they destroyed the series so bad.
I really wish the finale was good, it would be nice to have it end on a good note to look back fondly on.

I agree but that doesn't mean it's not still pretty good. I'd argue shit like Astral Plane is both overrated and bad.

>People still fondly remember Spongebob and the Simpsons
Episodic shows. As I said, the later plot crucial episodes that determined the flow of the series were generally disliked. Seeing as part of what made AT blow up was the snippets of lore and story. It seemed like more was going on than fun wacky adventures which made it work well together. When that turns sour it will stick out, the focus is on those episodes by design. Which creates a loop of disliking how an episode or story is going, remembering the bullshit that came before and getting annoyed again. While the good episodes aren't something you focus on all the time, especially when viewing as you aren't made to think back to them.

It was a fake monster set up for Finn to "defeat".

Yes, he also got later-fag'd by HW.

You know something that did what AT was trying to do just a lot better? Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. It turned from a monster of the week show with teases of an arc into a Lovecraftian nightmare perfectly.

Man, you're really aggressive about something really stupid. AT is still episodic, you aren't forced to watch any episode of AT, to know where any plot is going. You can literally skip the entire gumbald arc, or any of the miniseries. You don't even have to watch any of the last few seasons. Because, wow nothing in fucking Wizards or Puhoy leads into or requires information from Bonnibel Bubblegum or The Comet
I don't even like the later seasons but this is a bad argument.

I'm not the guy you were even arguing with. I'm pointing out that bringing up Simpsons or Spongebob (aka the go to cartoons along with Fairly Oddpaarents for inane, cyclical, repetitive discussion about seasonal rot) makes zero sense in that instance. If you want to enjoy those shows you can live with watching the first several seasons just fine, there is no final or climax they are building up to over time.

>If you want to enjoy those shows you can live with watching the first several seasons just fine, there is no final or climax they are building up to over time.
This is true of Adventure Time

Except for that finale that it had?

If you want to finish AT early the end of season 2 is the perfect time to do that, every single arc/plotpoint except for Susan Strong gets tied up in a neat little bow

Uh, no it isn't? They were building up to something in the last seasons that culminating in a not exactly unexpectedly disappointing finale. And if you even want to argue Adventure Time is episodic, then it doesn't change the fact that most of those standalones especially season 5 onward are painfully mediocre.

Astral Plane is overrated and bad.

Who the fuck says he should have ended up with PB?

Attached: Finnceline-finnxmarceline-35938499-300-454.png (300x454, 460K)

She said she wasn’t interested user.

>the one fucking romantic option for Finn they haven't already set on fire has a chance to be developed further
>it gets thrown into the trash can
Why does it keep on happening
Why must my good memories of this show continue to become more and more tarnished as time goes by

The cleansing alcohol of rule 34 comics will cure what ails you. Better written than the actual show was after season five.

This is true of season 3 at the very least as well.
>you can live with watching the first several seasons just fine, there is no final or climax they are building up to over time
Read.
The first 3, hell basically the first 5, were not leading up to anything in the finale. They weren't building it up, they hadn't even come up with these plotlines.

They were building up to the Lich, as embarrassingly awful and cringey that resolution turned out to be.

Given that S3 did stuff like introduce Simon and probably other shit I'm forgetting about I can't say I agree, but as long as you ignore that kind of stuff Dad's Dungeon is an even better end to the show than Moral Folly was.

I have to save even as a FinnPBfag Dad’s Dungeon is THE Adventure Time episode.

What the fuck are you on about. They weren't building up the Lich, the beat the Lich, like, 3 times. Just because he got broke back again doesn't mean you need to watch the other seasons.
The Simon thing was literally never needed to be expanded on. He was the Ice King now. But yeah, Dad's Dungeon works great as a finale. I hate the idea of Finn crying, but even Incendium works decently outside of that.

Anyone who's not a faggot agrees my man.
>The Simon thing was literally never needed to be expanded on. He was the Ice King now.
Seriously? It was definitely something that had to be expanded upon because otherwise they give Ice King this tragic backstory for no reason and it results in no change, it would be monumentally stupid to introduce that and never do anything with it.
Even just having I Remember You and Simon and Marcy are enough to justify it but just Holly Jolly on its own is stupid.

>Seriously? It was definitely something that had to be expanded upon because otherwise they give Ice King this tragic backstory for no reason and it results in no change, it would be monumentally stupid to introduce that and never do anything with it.
That would have been monumentally better than the generic zombie apocalypse backstory we got.
There's no reason to over explain all the details of a character's backstory. Leaving something mysterious is almost always more interesting.

Finn literally became an minor character in the last seasons.

Your pic =/= your post, the pic has a fine point

Not for Finn you tard. And that’s the shitty nerdwire vid you’re co-signing.

I don't get it with this pic,also source?

There's a difference between leaving a sense of mystery and introducing something that completely alters how a character is perceived and then never touching on it again. In my view they had to expand on the backstory more, not even in a way where they had to have more backstory episodes or bring Simon back or something, but to just affect the characters enough for it to have been worth introducing.

Simon and Marcy is a decent note to end it on because it shows that even if Ice King's past was horrifying he has a good ending in the modern day. But if you never touch on it after Holly Jolly Secrets it feels incomplete and not even worth making a thing.

>the article doesn't even mention making Finn suffer or PB and Marceline being the protags
>Yea Forums autism forces enter full defense mode anyway

What the fuck is there to look forward to when those are pretty much the highlights of this series to the people in charge of makign them.

Delet this shit right now

Attached: 1567045730508.jpg (600x532, 42K)

>PB was fine in her carefree questgiver role that actually did have the freedom to venture out of the kingdom whenever she pleased
She didn't even have her own episodes until S4

You're obsessed. It's literally been a year.

Does that disprove that she didn’t have the freedom to venture out the kingdom whenever she pleased.

>it's been a year
it lasted 4-5 years

Reminder that Finn is canon loser incel. Lap actually just groped him, hes still virgin.

>fag'd
They have a moment together in the comic, dipshit

>mass replying
kys

>ratings become bad when "fans" pirate and torrent episode leaks
Hmm I wonder why

The ratings wouldn't have changed that significantly because of pirating. Pirating existed for years prior, even the Youtube video of the kiss had close to 4 million which can be counted up from international viewers as well as Americans, and even the curious and people who didn't watch or had already watched it. I'm not sure what the view count is now of the kiss, but immediately after the premiere it was below 4 million.

anyone have the marceline image of her saying "You should have hacked it to pieces while it was still adorable!"

I'm surprised it's been over three months since it last got posted.

Attached: 1518892775992.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

>they’re in a happy and steady relationship
>There's literally a season six episode showing that she's sick of Gumball

>It's such a shame the finale was so bad
imdb.com/title/tt8164820/

Its just Yea Forums.

>Google trends

You're a fucking idiot
>TV ratings

Doesn't /co. consistently say that TV is dying for years now? Why is that you don't point out the fact that other show had dropped in the ratings at the same time AT did? Why do you have to make up a narrative that doesn't exist?

>You know something that did what AT was trying to do just a lot better?
>Mystery Inc.

A show that performed so badly that they went back to the same monster of the week antics in the next two series?

nielsen surveys are for normalfags that don't pirate because it's illegal and they don't want to get a virus

>Gay agenda and SU show runners paying shills to take to the net and hype up their shitty fuck up?

user, that fucking garbage got lower ratings then the show about mordacai and rigby. And AT got millions of dollars of shilling and free shilling across the net before it was on the air.
It was dumped on by fucking everyone adn the only people who backed it kept talking about strong women and lesbian kissing.

You think a "Adventure Time with Shermy and Beth" might be happening?

>user, that fucking garbage got lower ratings then the show about mordacai and rigby
So? Nobody even remembers the RS finale anyways. Also do people who keep using "TV ratings" as an argument realize how desperate you sound because not even CN cares about ratings anymore.

You've never been in a long-term serious relationship if you haven't *occasionally* gotten on each other's nerves. Even healthy relationships will have friction from time to time.

Any reruns of Adventure Time being shown on CN?

Can see fucking Teen Titans being shown.
No Adventure Time though.

user, it's over.
AT fucked it up by putting in with the type of people that would be tossed under the bus once they were dragged in to the light and shown for what they are.
It's not going to get better and industry connections can only go so far.
Look at what's happening with netflix and the creeper rapey chick who made 12 forever.
It's over for cal arts noodle people and cartoons being commpletely handwaived and ignored by the conservative crowd.
They want some shit to build platforms on and they are giving them all of the ammo they need.

>Any reruns of Adventure Time being shown on CN?
CN's schedule is devoid of reruns of shows outside Gumball and TTG. This isnt an argument

You're pathetic

I don't care, I dropped the show after the shitshow that was Breezy

Attached: 1533410963653.jpg (900x900, 109K)

LOL
user, if CN don't care about ratings then why only show TTG and Gumball?
Why not show all of that super duper popular SU and AT shit.

LOLOLOLOLOL

>SU and AT got full series marathom to celebrate their respective finales
>Gumball got jackshit

Okay user

SU gets shit ratings and AT inspite of having millions of dollars of marketing and constant reminders across Yea Forums and the rest of networks and internet it got worse ratings then fucking the mordacai and rigby show.
No one was interested and once word got out about how unbelievably agressively bad it was entire show died shitting itself.

If you keep saying it I'm sure it'll be true

they're more episodic

user....
Everyone here knows how bad it was.
Everyone here has access to unmanipulated opinions on the show and knows how shit it was.
There will be no more AT anything
It's fucked bro

Keep crying about it.

Attached: We can be heroes.png (1679x313, 36K)

>Yea Forums uses ratings as an argument when it fits their narrative even though they already know the current circumstances of TV nowadays.

CN also doesn't care for ratings and has put everything towards online its why SU never fucking airs on the network.

Attached: 1467044741909.jpg (579x480, 69K)

you only quoted one relevant post

The SJW cries out in pain as it strikes you.

a yes, a bubbleinne special, just what i wanted, i wonder how they will shit on finn now, im so glad that they are making a special about that, those are my favorite kind of episodes
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
please kill me

>CN also doesn't care for ratings
TTG says otherwise

The utter quiet from the fanbase after this show ended shows you just how dead it is now.

It's over. The dream is dead.

so you're just admitting you can't come up with anything valid?

It was good, you just hated the wait for new episodes because you're a spoiled child who wants everything asap.

>finale is a year old today
And I'm still pissed

>Kino
Future Ooo is exactly the feeling of playing a game you already did 110% and it doesn't have new game + or respawnable enemys and destructible objects

I want to see more if these two but I just know the writers will find a way to fuck this up somehow and it makes me depressed

Attached: 112e7683-8b5f-481a-8ccc-56893eb2eb6b.png (770x509, 267K)

TTG has been slipping hard in the ratings actually.
The fact that you have to use shit like Google Trends and TV Ratings as "proof" that people stopped caring shows how desperate you are. If people stopped caring then they would have stopped releasing the DVDs like they did with Regular Show.

I just want my wife to come back.

Attached: FP.png (1280x720, 608K)

Not once have I ever actually considered Bubblegum and Finn to be endgame. Bubblegum is so much older and had more power over him and their relationship it's ridiculous. When she had to age down I could see it happening, but when she aged back up I knew that was it. I don't think Marceline and Finn ever got much shipping material aside from a bit of teasing, and eventually that died down too as Marceline's character started to stray away from being rude or sarcastic and thus less likely to tease Finn.

I'm really surprised they didn't go for Flame Princess as endgame for Finn, but I remember at some point they broke up and Flame Princess just became a strict ruler of the Flame Kingdom with Cinnamon Bun and stopped caring about their relationship. I understand it's character development but I don't see why Flame Princess couldn't have overthrown her tyrannical father and kept being Finn's love interest, aside from not wanting to have more episodes take place in the Flame Kingdom. Huntress Wizard was obviously a sort of last-ditch effort to give Finn a love interest and they had some episodes but there was never anything to really confirm them in the finale, so they might be together still or they might not to the point it doesn't matter. Finn's been progressing as a person because of his romantic relationships for so long that it's honestly so anti-climactic and weird he didn't end up with anyone as far as we were shown.

Attached: finn sad ghost flower arm.jpg (1024x731, 43K)

God, this is just sad. I understand they wanted the "heteros btfo!" moment but Finn has been nothing but a friend and ally to them for fucking years.

Attached: finn and jake sad rain gif.gif (800x452, 328K)

name a single time in the series she verbally references being attracted to women (other than the kiss of course) and I'll paypal you $25. and no, her resting on pb's shoulder is not gay, we do that platonically all of the time.

seconding

Could Steven redeem AT?

>steven licks PB
>cures her of the gay
based steven please

Attached: 你她妈的.jpg (384x384, 18K)