Doom Patrol

Thoughts?

Attached: 1553985581716.jpg (825x464, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5r0pHXZDgJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Liked it a lot even if the ending was the weakest part. I'm looking forward to season 2.

It was pretty good, not as good as it thought it was though. If it comes back I'd like a little less of the fart huffing if it's not too much bother

A damn good show.

So when is it coming to Netflix? I mean Titans did.

Its Doom Patrol. That's not possible

I really liked the Mr. Nobody in this version. He felt like a sadistic god obsessed with ruining one guys life in the most poetic way he could. I also loved how depressed he got when he got what he wanted and had nothing left to do. That character archetype gets used decently often but never quite this well.

Also I must admit I loved how they made him look. Again a departure from the comic but one that worked well.

Attached: 1560269848656.jpg (1334x750, 40K)

Reminded me of lawnmower man or something.

If this was Sooo Guuuuud and better than Titan, why it's still not on the Netflix? Think about it, even Happy!, which directly written into screenplay by Grant Morrison himself, was canceled after Season two, even though it was supposed to be a trillogy. And yet Happy! is on the Netflix. Grant Morrison and his works are just barely above the average comicbook writing and not suited for the TV standard. That's why Doom Patrol just can't coming out of the incubator. Yes, It can go over 3 season inside the DC Universe. But you know, even Hawkeye will be streamed on D+.

Because it's going to be on HBO Max. Moron

I want to fuck Jane while she calls me daddy.

>Grant Morrison and his works are just barely above the average comicbook writing

Attached: kopfseufz - House.jpg (336x448, 113K)

Umbrella Academy good
Happy! shit

>Umbrella Academy
That comic is legit trash.

happy s2 cratered because they made it years after happy s1

I hope Flex and Danny have large roles in Season 2.

>Happy season 1 ended January 2018
>Happy season 2 premiered March 2019
???

I lost all the interest in Flex(fictional character came from comic) and Danny the random because Gerard overused it.

Better than Titan

Really good

this might be an unpopular opinion but i think flex's actor was kinda bad

I was high as fuck when I watched the first episode and when we saw everything through Clint's 60s tv era robot eyes I felt terrified over the idea of continued existence in a world so familiar but seperated from our senses. Then I got bored of being terrified. I like to think that's basically what Clint feels ad infinitum.

Attached: cliffjanecolorscopy.jpg (576x835, 95K)

I havnt finished it,
For the most part I like it but having Flint and Cyborg on the same team rubs me the wrong way

I liked the scene where Flex gave everyone and orgasm

Danny the Brick and Danny the Amusment park were nice extensions of either Danny's character of the circumstances Danny was in. Danny the Space Ambulance was a bit much for me. Maybe because for all his reality warping, Danny's only fun with constraints. Like staying a street.

I can't take Umbrella Academy seriously because I know that it was written by the Black Parade kid.

He's got kind of a weird face, but he seemed like he was into the role enough to pull it off.

>Feminism Patrol

No thanks.

But he also writes Doom Patrol now

desu making him comic accurate would be a bit hard since he's described as looking like he's in your periphery vision.
The abstract shadow design is just for the sake of representing him somehow.

I'm at episode 7 and getting a bit tired of the characters, especially Larry and Rita

Care to explain your reasoning? I watched the series it wasn't overly feminist Rita’s Storyline involved her getting Metoo’d and Janes was essentially her personalities came about because she got molested by her father and it takes a lot for her to trust people

Haven't watched yet. How my boy Brendan in this?

He's great. Everyone apart from Jane is really.

Does anybody have a MEGA?

Check the archives

Like:
>cliff in general
>cliff's design, even though i thought they could've made him look slightly more robot-y
>timothy dalton
>bomer's gorgeous face
>crazy jane's design, even though they should've picked someone with a thinner face
>the visuals

Dislike:
>the ending desu
>jane's base personality. she mellows out a bit by the end though
>negative man's mask. i don't like how it's looks like a mask rather than a bundle of bandages making a mask. yes, this is a really fucking stupid complaint, and it's one i have for the majority of morrison's run as well
>negative man's gay dilemma spanning an entire season, what seemed to be every episode. not the gay dilemma itself mind you
>the visuals

Also this desu.

Oh, and I also didn't like Cyborg too much. Not really a bad character, but he felt kinda out of place and the actor was kinda meh(IMO).

I'd also like to criticize Flex, but fuck me, it's a live action Flex Mentallo, so I just can't do it.

I didn't like the orgasm scene. It felt kinda tryhard.

>timothy dalton
He's so fucking good. He hits the balance of absolute cunt and trying his best perfectly.

It's the best thing that Brendan Fraiser has done in a long time.

Cyborg was pretty great and this show was his best adaption

Hey, whatever gloats your goat.

Haven't gotten to his run yet. I've been reading the older runs starting with Grant Morrison.

Crazy Jane should be nudist.

Ending was trash

The show is worth it for this scene alone. Rita blobbing for a second was way hotter than it should have been.
youtube.com/watch?v=5r0pHXZDgJA

Attached: april-bowlby-riley-shanahan-diane-guerrero-matthew-zuk-devan-long-doom-patrol-season-1-episode-14-85 (850x491, 69K)