The Lion Guard

It's over. The show is ending today. They burned through all twenty episodes in a month. All of the episodes are up on the usual site.

Attached: 1.png (999x562, 690K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3F6zHcPUbSY
youtube.com/watch?v=LGY1E5f-5M4
youtube.com/watch?v=Et-CpSrffn8
youtube.com/watch?v=dP9hQ0kVrqw
the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=85948
youtube.com/watch?v=yIa9FerKcIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

watchtlg.netlify.com

Is this show actually worth watching?

Season 3 gets a few points from me because of its fun stupidity, but otherwise watch only if you have animal fetishes

Apparently Vitani becomes the leader of the new Lion Guard.

It's for preschoolers.

Vitani is too small. Kovu and Kiara are, too. Not sure why they didn't fully commit.

Attached: 2.png (999x560, 677K)

Episodes 19 and 20 are in the wrong order, so 20 is part 1 and 19 is part 2.

Good. This franchise needs to die.

Attached: 2.png (1009x683, 317K)

Her grandma kicks the bucket and she becomes queen.

Attached: 22.png (1003x676, 756K)

Cruella is coming.

Attached: 4.png (1001x563, 832K)

Kion and his friends go to live with Rani's pride. Vitani becomes the new leader of the lion guard. Kion becomes King of the Night Pride.

The Lion Guard comes back to the Pridelands and gets into a bit of a scuffle with the new Lion Guard, made up of Vitani and other lionesses from Zira's pride. It's just a misunderstanding though and things move along, they give a recap of the second movie.
Then the two Lion Guards have a competition to decide who should be the official one, with it ending in a tie until it's down to Kion and Vitani. Kion gives up the power of the Roar, but SURPRISE, this just lets him unlock Super Roarian Mk 2, which apparently lets him left up the WHOLE of Pride Rock. Not joking. ALL OF IT.
Then Kion fucks off back to the Tree of Life, with the rest of the old Lion Guard who are now apparently the Super Lion Guard, and he obviously hooks up with his dark furred bae.
He never grows a full mane sadly. He's also the same size as Kiara and Kovu. Which looks weird because again, no full mane.

I can't help but wonder why they ordered a third season for them to just dump the episodes like they did.

Is it me or those are some BUFF arms lions?

Kind of sad to see this series go. Good animation, good story, didn't ignore previous canon, honestlyi one of the better things to come out of Disney in the last few years.
Kind of sad they didn't drop He Lives in You at the end, but I doubt the intended audience would've liked it.
youtube.com/watch?v=3F6zHcPUbSY

Chuluun deserved better. Wasted potential.

Attached: 1.png (462x413, 248K)

Do Tiifu and Zuri even show up in the finale? Maybe they died.

Attached: 2.png (999x666, 717K)

Sigh.
user look, I know this is kind of hard to accept, what with the whole Flash=Trash being beaten into your mind over the last twenty years, but a cursory glance at HOW the people behind TLG actually used it can show you that they probably squeezed the most goddamn water out of the stone that is Flash than any other animating team in the last ten years. They took shit, and somehow used witchcraft to turn it into gold...maybe gold plated steel but it looks nice.
Story is everyone's own preference so I won't hold that against you.

Attached: Booty-Warrior.jpg (558x340, 122K)

Good animation indeed, wonder what those 2D animators are gonna do now, Disney could really use some.
It feels like it was a bit short lived. Wonder if the merchandise just didn't sell much, figured they'd milk it until they couldn't.

Kion's new singing voice does not fit his speaking voice. I feel like they wanted to make him even older but couldn't because it would involve too much work.

From what I remember they use 3D models, which apparently Disney just GAVE them the money for since that would've been the easy thing to use, and then use those models as a reference whenever they animate with Flash. It's why you see more diverse movement and poses than anything else using flash these days. The models let them know how this character would look from this pose or that pose.
Also no this series sold pretty well because it's still Lion King. Although for some reason Timon and Pumba took up so much in the toy department even though they were barely there. Also Jasiri was repeatedly the most popular among children(and uh, a lot of people here), which is even stranger cause she only shows up a handful of times.
ALso apparently there was plans for a light up volcano with a scar projection or something on top that got canned because Disney didn't want kids jumping into real life volcanos.

Fuli didn't get to do shit in the final nine episodes and they continued to push this terrible ship. Dammit.

Attached: 3.png (999x670, 692K)

That fucking chin beard makes me think he's in his thirties and he's fucking a Sophmore.

Still strange that Vitani got more to do in the finale than Kovu. They shortchanged him. But I guess she was a loose end from the movie they wanted to provide closure for.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't pair her up with Kion until I remembered that technically, they're cousins.
Which, haha, is weird right? You wouldn't wanna' marry your cousin.
Right?

I think they said since the beginning the show would explain where Kion was during TLK 2, so I guess it was probably already at least conceptually there and hey, at least they tried to wrap things up nicely than just leaving it hanging.

Well, they can't make him older than Kiara and she's only just reached adulthood herself with the first hunt stuff basically being an adulthood rite of passage thing.

But they drop the ball there as well since Kiara isn't in her Lion King 2 adult form in the finale, yet Kovu and Vitani are there. Everybody just looks sort of like midget versions of themselves.

I feel like this was a mandate from Disney themselves. "Like yeah, we know this is the last episode, but we've still got toys to sell so keep them all looking like their toys."
"...but Kiara doesn't have any toys-"
"Abuhbubuh!"
Seriously Kiara is supposed to be older than Kion, having her being in her full adult while he was still in Form 2 would've made sense.

It may be more that they knew it was the final season and didn't want to allot a budget to redesign the characters so that the animation rigging would work for them.

Which is funny since you have Nala right there, the rig's already done.

But they haven't made any Lion Guard toys or merch since season 1 really. There's nothing in stores now. I think is right, it's either a budget thing or they just fucked up the model.

So what happens?

So how would you guys have done the ending if it were up to you?
Asides from Jasiri/Kion taking up 90% of t he run time.

They actually did make toys of Kiara. Plush dolls and little figures. They gave the show a proper merchandising push but as the other guy said it dried up after season one. A few things came out for season two, like the Scar playset, but it was on its last legs by then.

Honestly I blame that on Disney. It's Lion King, kids will buy the goddamn toys if you put them out there.

They should have let Kion and Fuli fight instead of having Bunga break it up by being a retard.

Attached: 4.png (998x669, 947K)

At least they had her be understandably pissed out how retarded Bunga was being in that episode. He was a complete little shit for no reason at all.

Attached: 5.png (1005x671, 894K)

I'll miss her lads.

Attached: 6.png (601x414, 451K)

>tfw the next Disney property this team works on is probably a Jungle Book cartoon.
>Or Oliver and Company.
Hah, what am I saying, Disney doesn't want to fucking do ANYTHING with Oliver and Company, even though is 'the main fucking reason they got back on track after Bluth was kicking their asses for the 80's.

I just hope they keep using the tech for other shows. It was certainly unique.

she's always been smaller than the other adult lions, I think they just went a little too far in that direction. scale has seemed little off for this whole series.

Attached: Lion-king2-disneyscreencaps-3295.png (1920x1080, 3.19M)

>ALso apparently there was plans for a light up volcano with a scar projection or something on top that got canned because Disney didn't want kids jumping into real life volcanos.
haha oh wow

>I'm honestly surprised they didn't pair her up with Kion until I remembered that technically, they're cousins.
didn't stop Kiara, did it

Got to say, the episode where the old lioness dies actually handled it pretty well. I'm thoroughly impressed.

That's why the retconned Kovu into not being Scar's kid at the last minute.

Haven't watched the finale yet, still at episode 3 of the last season.
Did Janja appeared at all after the beginning of the season? or was he not mentioned again?

Season finale. He and Jasuri run to tell the guard of the Zira’s plot but they are obviously far too late.

Did kion and kouvu fight a battle with clashing ideals?

did they finally fuck?

Attached: letsfuck.png (997x556, 478K)

Attached: images.png (392x367, 17K)

>Vitani becomes Lion Guard

Wait, what the fuck? Is this not in continuity with the rest of the series because that bitch was down with murder in 2. I only watched a few episodes of the first season.

Attached: What the fuck are you babbling about.jpg (960x540, 97K)

Honestly, would have loved to see Vitani and Kion together.

Wouldn’t Kion and Rani’s child resemble Scar? She seems a lot like how the fan base depicted Uru.

I want to fuck Kovu

She learned her lesson and became a good girl in TLK2.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGY1E5f-5M4

This takes place after 2, then? Interesting.

The show was a midquel, taking place during The Lion King 2's timeskip. Kiara had met Kovu but she hadn't grown up yet. In season three, Kion and his friends leave the Pride Lands to seed medical attention, and when they get back, the events in Lion King 2 already happened.

Thanks.

Attached: thumbs uip.jpg (440x540, 64K)

TLG does not make sense in-canon. Nowhere in LK2 do the characters make ANY reference to Kion, even when it's logical to do so post-Kiara's hunt.

she looks too small
but with really buff arms for some reason
also not royal, to run the Lion Guard
wtf

She's Kovu's sister, who is the renowned prince of Pride Rock, so yes for all intents and purposes, she's royalty.

Does that mean Simba takes her as a concubine? What happens when Kovu takes the throne? He fucking his sister? Lions are complicated.

Lions in real life are complicated, but this is fiction, user. if this was based on real life, Simba would have likely chased Kion out of Pride Rocks himself once he reached a certain level of maturity wherein which Simba would deem him a threat to his throne.

youtube.com/watch?v=Et-CpSrffn8

yes

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=85948

then Timon and Pumbaa reboot is on the road.

What the fuck is a snow leopard doing in Central Africa?

They left Africa in season three.

the same reasons why there's penguins

i'm not feeling this. they always overdramatize such events

They're animals. Did they fucking walk to Asia?

Most people cry when people die. Go back to Hot Topic if you're trying to be edgy.

naw.not trying to.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIa9FerKcIs

that was path... errm, very low quality.

at least it got a proper ending.

No. It's stupid and derives from the canon of Lion King.

Did anyone actually like Anga joining the team this season? I still feel like she didn't really belong there and had no chemistry with the team.

Attached: anga-the-lion-guard-4.36.jpg (210x240, 20K)

>Nowhere in LK2 do the characters make ANY reference to Kion

because this shit was invented long after that came out.. disney needed some "in between" shit to get interest in the lion king again so this series was it.

fucking seriously you are a retard. when they made TLK2 this series and the characters never existed. its an add-on to the franchise

And it's still better than the new movie. At least the characters have emotion.

I think they wanted to do the Ono losing his eyesight thing and also not have to write around not having a useful keen eyesight flyer more than they actually wanted to write her into the team.

Even when he got his vision back they basically had his eyesight be worse than before so Anga was stuck as the sixth wheel.

>Most people cry when people die

lions dont cry. lions dont sit there and comfort each other. they move on with life. this shiw is totally unrealistic of what real lions do

I'm an weird faggot and i usually watch paw patrol, but i thought about watching this. Do you think it's good OP?

Well he is Mufasa's grandson.

>lions dont cry. lions dont sit there and comfort each other. they move on with life. this shiw is totally unrealistic of what real lions do

It's a cartoon for human children you fucking sperg.

Penguins live in Africa

What is with the shoehorned romances? They all came from nowhere

Animals are all subjected to a biological drive to reproduce. Hell, Fuli should have been in heat for a number of episodes.

Didn't think they would have the balls to go through with it.

You mean a toddler cartoon follow-up of the Lion King, an animated film version of Hamlet but with lions is unrealistic? What a shocker.

It's Disney, shoehorned romance at the last moment is pretty par for the course.

At least there we no lesbians.

The Komodo dragon spits blood after biting Beshte. Very fitting for preschoolers or toddlers, indeed.

Attached: 3.png (1920x1080, 1.63M)

>tattoo
RUINED

That's actually pretty surprising. His arm is bloodstained afterwards as well.

Attached: 2.png (792x428, 381K)

why is there actual violence in this season.. is it because they were ending it they didnt care?

It's because Komodo Dragons are so cool that the animators had to show off the damage. Even kids can appreciate their bite.

Yet when the monitor lizard bit Kion and Fuli in season two, there was no damage at all.

So how was Kion with the news his sister is fucking the guy he chased off a few years back

He was fine. And Kiara knew he was horny for Rani and encouraged him to leave.

maybe they'll try having another series with Kion older aimed at older kids. This season was pretty good

With how quickly they dropped the show, I don't think so. Besides, even the new comics they made mirrored the realistic movie, so the old Lion King style doesn't interest them anymore.

Monitor Lizard was not in the peak, blissful, creative-liberty paradise known as season 3

It seems to be a fad for now. The original style still has the cute factor advantage for future marketing.

Good for everyone. This show ended nicely for something that could have easily been dropped early.

Kinda wish Kion lived happily with his family in the Pridelands, but Rani seems cool. I can see how they make a good pair.
I'm glad the Roar clouds now depict all lions of the past, not just the male ones.

I love how the other lions are just standing off to the side awkwardly.

The little bro Baliyo needed a moment

Yeah, that was a wholesome reunion.

In that part of the episode, Rani had moved away from the others and Kion followed her behind the rest. Rani spoke to him while crying. The others are still facing the former Queen and grieving.

I don't know about the ending but I'd add some Kion/Fuli to balance out the Jasiri/Kion runtime.

Attached: shrek.png (640x474, 316K)

Oh, I know it makes sense. It just looks funny out of context like that.

Indeed.

we back on the species-supremacy train, choo choo
(but seriously, as a viewer who always loved the scene where Vitani's friends ditch Zira, I'm glad things ended like this.)

didn't mind her character, but I don't think she fitted in. she's not a kid like they are, so it kinda detracted from the group dynamic.

Kion really should have been with Fuli. They actually had chemistry and Fuli's song about how she'd always stand by his side was great.

Instead she got some literally who cheetah who's only been in three episodes.

Show went full retarded when they started to shoehorn it in the LK-LK2 timeline, should have keep it as an alternative LK sequel

>'fro purple badger
Dammit, Disney, not EVERYBODY needs to get married.

theyre literally different species

Kion now being able to roar harmlessly when he wants to is a nice touch.

How was it full retarded with LK 2 continuity in the mix?

I think it's weird that they changed Vitani's adult design so that she just looks like a bigger version of her cub self (no stripes on ears or rounded cheeks now). A lot of fans of the character actually hate the adult form because HURRR SHE NOT CUTE NOW but I like it. At least they kept the freckles and sorta bushy eyebrows though.

Anyone know who's voicing her here? It's obviously not the original VA who's crazy and in and out of jail now, and I don't think it's Lacey Chabert either, though it has more of a chance of being her.

Attached: Vitanismirk.png (469x433, 195K)

Adult Vitani was malnourished from years of living in the outlands. Presumably she actually got eat some fucking food and got healthier by the time Kion came back.

I liked the touch of deep indigo her eyes had in the films.

>"We're going to make a great team."
>"We already do."
dammit I'm too sleepy to ship now

Didn't mean so much the size as just features like the ear stripes which probably shouldn't just change. I can buy the cheeks being a result of her fur being scruffy, except in this case they went from rounded at the end of SP to scruffy in Lion Guard.

I'd guess the designers for Lion Guard maybe just didn't like the SP adult design much either.

Huh. Thats honestly really surprising.

Now I get why the other S3 songs have been so lackluster, the team was putting all their effort into the Kion/Rani love song. It's peak comfy.
And there are already AMVs out. Wow.

The blood is cool. Him being in a literal fart cloud isn't. The juxtaposition in that screenshot is telling. The Lion Guard never knew what it wanted to be.

That song that Fuli and Anga sang to Kion was really nice too.

Can I finally get some more anthro Vitani rule34?

Attached: Can't stop drooling.png (723x652, 491K)

>Deals with the Circle of Life
Boi, the fuck was that shit when they killed mah nigguh Mufasa?

I have my DVR set to record this show but I haven't seen anything record for a year. What gives?

Premieres used to be on Disney Channel's Disney Junior block, but then they jumped to Disney Junior completely. Might have messed with the recordings. But besides that, they burned through all of these episodes on their app, with only some actually airing on TV so far.

Well shit, I don't have the app.

There's literally a link to a site to watch them online:

No. It's a baby show made for 5 years olds.

The geography of this planet is fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if this world turned into another Tailspin or something.

I like how Kion still has the scar even though he got healed.

That was oldschool Disney. Oldschool Disney didn't give a shit about our feelings.
>"but they idealized the fairytales' source material!"
Nope. I don't recall a giant fucking dragon being in the Sleeping Beauty story.

BASED
PAW PATROL CHADS
WERE WE AT?

>flexing on people by proudly proclaiming you watch a show for 2 year olds, instead of one for 4 year olds

cope!

Lion Guard fan, reporting

>one of the 3 main shows Nick still milk the fuck out of
>still no spongebob budget
lmao

ditto

HE IS NOT
OOOONE OF UUUUUS

Kion's scar arc is just an inferior version of kovu's

Attached: lionking2.jpg (352x500, 40K)

>heal issues by embarking on an epic quest across the ocean and helping dozens of animals in the process
>heal issues by running blindly into the desert and finding your waifu by sheer dumb luck

why does that cover art always look pale and washed out, the other one is better

Attached: limt.jpg (313x445, 36K)

The art style makes it difficult to tell which characters are children and which are adults. You would not know Kiara was an adult this season until kovu showed up with a mane

That YouTube video of the ending is already at 700k views. Guess more people online were following the show than I thought. Shame they never made themselves known until it was too late.

Could be furries? Or little autistic kids who watch things over and over and over again. Or people who are subscribed to Disney-themed channels and watch anything that’s uploaded. And I guess the new movie helped get people interested again in TLK

Yeah, I think it would have been a better show if they would have just made the call on whether they wanted to make the 2-5 year old Paw Patrol rip-off it seems like on the surface or the 6-10 year old action adventure cartoon it seems to have actually wanted to be.

Lion King world is in make believe Africa. Humans apparentely dont exist in LK verse. Timon and Pumba series being noncanon to this.

STOP looking at her Vitani belongs to Kopa!

why didn't any border patrol stop a stampede of invasive species entering and leaving asia and africa.
They don't just let asian elephants in africa you know kek

Kopa doesn't fucking exist in this continuity and Kion gets with Rani anyway.

That's a lot more first-cousin-legal than I ever expected.

They're all down with murder, most of this cast eats meat

Americans are really phobic about incest. Not a cousin fucker (lol not with my female cousins) but fucking cousins doesnt produce fucked up offspring.

>Like The Night...

Attached: NightPride1.png (1280x613, 636K)

>Those manes

Attached: 3 whys and a what.jpg (1000x1040, 206K)

Riegel's Kiara sounds like Ashley Graham.

Well, I doubt we'll ever have another Lion Guard thread. Been four years and I can't help but feel sad about that. Most of the threads were empty with just a dozen replies, but still, I enjoyed them while they lasted.

Did they ever explain why Kion was considered part of this Guard nonsense instead of, you know, being the proper heir of Simba? I always assumed Kiara was considered the crown princess because she was his only offspring but this show throws that out of whack

Oldest gets the throne. The second born gets the Lion Guard. Hence why Mufasa was king and Scar, in the new backstory, was leader of the Lion Guard. Also why Vitani is leader of the Lion Guard because-Wait...Vitani's supposed to be older than Kovu.
Aw fuck.

Vitani had no claim to the throne unless he married Kiara.

Holy shit they look like fuckbois!

Attached: 1518613070.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Probably for the best, user. Believe me.

>an American show where duty is not portrayed as a negative soul-sucking concept
Somebody pinch me.

Well there goes my fan fic about Kion turning into Coriolanus

Has this been fixed? I can't tell.

I think so, yes.

So The Roar goes from being a real roar that's enhanced because ancestors to being The Force? Gay.

Vitani was still second-born among Zira's kids, if that counts for anything.

Kion met Nuka but didn't bother to ask about him, and they didn't include him in their story. Guy really can't get a break.

He got a break in the second movie.

Attached: DOHOHO hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>>he
No.

>the Guard's expressions when they lose their marks
:(

1. It's for very small children
2. It's very, very poorly animated

You might like it if you have autism, though

Personally I use it as an excuse to look up LK porn.

>poorly animated
It is good in TV cartoon standard. Mercury always does well in animation.

Even the Timon & Pumbaa cartoon from 25 years ago looks a thousand times better. And that looked like shit compared to the film.

Vitani's guard are the true meaning of bad writing itself. I can't belive that writers does such a dumbfuck bullshit for the final episode.

Yes, you are right that Vitani has no right to be a leader of the lion guard. that's why her fake guard has no mark of the guard and roar.

you can see them in the wedding ceremony of kion.

They're further apart than humans and orangutans kek

Basically . It also has some cute and well acted moments. This one here particularly stood out youtube.com/watch?v=dP9hQ0kVrqw

First two seasons are not a fun watch though. Where as 3 was more family conscious in its directing, the first 2 were firmly aimed at preschoolers.

sure thing, satan

grrl power

Likely

So Tiifu & Zuri did show up in the finale, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment during Kion's coronation. Can't help but feel those two should have been much bigger factors in the show than they were.