Is Moomin co or a?

Is Moomin co or a?

Also, why is this character so relatable?

Also why did nobody tell me about this comfy series.

Attached: snufkin.png (632x631, 407K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishōtenketsu
youtube.com/watch?v=_NU_0OH9xzo
youtube.com/watch?v=eNq4agGzBy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

technically Yea Forums but I would say it's honorary Yea Forums since it aired in so many countries outside of japan

Moomin is distinctly Yea Forums unless you're referring to a Moomins series I'm not aware of

It's in a weird spot. It's origin is Finnish comics, but was animated in a kind of half anime style. Sort of like Inspector gadget, where somehow I don't think of it as anime.

The animation studio that made it was in Japan so sometimes faggot weebs will use that as a justification for calling it Yea Forums, however the whole thing was basically directed by the Finnish creator who had very strong control over the series, plus Moomin is a Finnish (western) comic so I would say Moomin is definitely Yea Forums

What makes something Yea Forums is Japanese storytelling and character tropes. If a cartoon is animated in Japan, but lack Japanese storytelling and character tropes. It's not Yea Forums.

It’s Yea Forums, Yea Forums can discuss if they want but we treat Western and Japanese co-productions as Yea Forums
We’re way more chill with this kind of thing then Yea Forums

It's a western story brought to life by a Japanese animation studio. What makes it Yea Forums related isn't the studio but if the story was made in the "west". But because of the Japanese studio both sides are enjoy Moomins.

It's Yea Forums.

Attached: 17798128_401.jpg (700x394, 31K)

Moomin is /ca/.

Actually, it's Yea Forums.

There is precedent for something belonging to multiple boards

Attached: 1515300999433.gif (300x580, 40K)

Huh. So there is.

It's Finnish, so obviously it's Yea Forums. If a Japanese studio made a Superman show, it would still be Yea Forums because of the source material.

They hated him because he spoke the truth.png

Attached: 1551102078570.jpg (1200x628, 539K)

What you posted is no longer true as /tg/ got purged in 2010 from everything """offtopic""" by nazi mods..

>22 million euros went into making this
How

>You will never have a world renowned author GF.
>She will never insert you into her books.
>She will never cuckqueen herself with her own characters for you.

Attached: Tove-Jansson-and-Tuulikki-Pietilä-on-Klovharun.jpg (643x470, 579K)

That's a lot. How many episodes?

Attached: 1551152977604.jpg (640x640, 78K)

Funny cause the other week there was a Radiant thread on this board and Yea Forums was anal as fuck about keeping it here

It's Yea Forums

Attached: Snufkin.jpg (1080x768, 530K)

Dragon Ball being Yea Forums?

Oh not a chance of that it's completely Eastern

Tell me about Snufkin, why does he wear the hat?

Because he's a traveler and it keeps the sun out of his eyes and the rain off of his head.

it's animation primarily animated/drawn in japan, so Yea Forums.

my favorite scene in any anime ever

Attached: snufkin.png (1133x714, 424K)

Some of the episodes scripts rehashed from the 90's series.
Like the dragon and floating theatre.

Attached: Nightmare Snuf.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Japan used to work on lots of western cartoons. That doesn't make them Yea Forums.

The same Japanese studio also animated Alfred J. Kwak and both that show and the '90s Moomin series were produced by Telecable BV, a Dutch/Finnish/Japanese production company. It falls in the category of a joint European/Japanese production intended mainly for western audiences, although to my knowledge Moomin enjoyed great success in Japan as well.

Another example of a case like this is the studio Topcraft, which exclusively animated films for the west like The Hobbit, Return of the King and The Last Unicorn until they went on to make Nausicaa for Japanese audiences.

Attached: Moomin.png (640x480, 309K)

Attached: 1551178855986.png (1000x545, 759K)

wtf is “japanese storytelling”

*Snuffs you*

Attached: Sketch (70).png (839x604, 310K)

>this triggers the Jansson

Most of the material is Yea Forums-related so this is the right place to discuss

Is Tomb of Dracula Yea Forums then?

Hello everyone best ship coming trough

Attached: 157677547547.png (513x438, 419K)

well that's because japan isn't the country of origin of those shows, it's just that production was outsourced to japanese studios. in the case of the show OP's referring to, it is, although derivative of a Finnish comic, a Japanese production originally. the storyboards, scripts and original language are Japanese whereas such is not the case of western shows that outsourced animation work to Japanese studios

If I pull it off it would die?

It is.

It is, yes

Attached: 158487549848.png (269x269, 157K)

Would you F U C K a pink cloud Yea Forums?

Attached: 19597554869.png (445x405, 156K)

i heard at least the first tv series was so japanese the author hated it. tomino, the gundam creator, was one of the regular storyboarders of the second series btw.

moomin tv series were probably only popular in japan. i still dont think its popular in the west, except in finland.

It would be mildly uncomfortable

Moomin was pretty popular on Euro television, it was back in the heyday where yurop and japan collaborated on a lot of animation

"Derivative?" The comic came first, dingus. End of story. People can talk about the X-Men anime or whatever here too because it's based on Yea Forums material.

I thought baneposting was a ban able offense nowadays. Mods being lazy fucks as always.

Chill Out bro

Attached: 4.png (181x420, 170K)

>YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE CAKE
>it's right here goddamn it are you fucking blind? Stop shouting.
>WHERE'S THE CAKE MOOMIN
>Just take a slice YOU... YOU... DOUBLE MIDGET!!

There were plenty western adaptations of moomins before the 90's serie.

That's because radiant is shit and moomins actually good.

Seems like Alfred has a lot of Dutch credits while '90s Moomin's are pretty much all Japanese apart from Tove Jansson, Lars Jansson and Dennis Livson. (creative consultant)

>The comic came first, dingus.
"derivative" has the wrong connotation so that was a poor choice of words on my part. i know that the comic came first, i meant that the show is an adaption of it. course it fits on Yea Forums and I would actually argue that it's far more suitable for discussion here than Yea Forums. I'm just saying that the show itself is a Japanese production and the original language, voice actors, production artwork etc. is all Japanese so that's why, only by strict definition, I consider it Yea Forums. same goes for PPGZ, Xmen and whatever other Japanese productions are adapted from western stories/characters

Just a buzzword used by weebs to thinks there is anything unique in their toon compared with the rest of the world besides localization.

The books came before the comic, fucker

that new western 3D trash moomin would fit Yea Forums. its totally produced by westerners even though it would be outsourced to some third world shitholes

a shame the finns or some westacucks still believe the west is superior or something.

Attached: 4985214684.png (540x304, 110K)

Well all the stories are straight from the books.

>Straight ships in a moomin thread
I never thought I'd see the day

>why did nobody tell me about this comfy series
How far under the rock are you that you didn’t know about it, zoomer

Are those books somehow anime though? No? Then shut the fuck up either way.

>What makes something Yea Forums is Japanese storytelling and character tropes.
Wrong. Anime is animation produced in Japan for a Japanese audience.

Under your definition My Life Me could count as anime because it (ab)uses Japanese visual arts tropes, but it clearly isn't. ATLA, while inspired by anime in style and storytelling, also isn't anime because it's for a western audience.

I'm sure a lot of normal people(and no fujoshits) who watched the 90s moomins ship snufkin and Alice

They're really cute

T. fujoshi

Attached: 15645224155163.png (537x382, 171K)

is Moomin a shmoo?

Attached: shmoo.jpg (650x752, 48K)

To be fair, how many people on the street would recognize these characters? How many of you would have recognized these characters if there weren't a huge surge of Moomin threads in the past two years?

I live in Japan and I guarantee that virtually everyone would be able to name five characters from the franchise.

It was broadcast on Japanese television first. It's not like it was simply outsourced.

>wtf is "japanese storytelling"
>just a buzzword
Nope. There's a reason that Japanese storytelling feels vaguely distinct. The same way the west considers Beginning, Middle and End (alternatively The Hero's Journey) as the standard, the Orient has their own variation that influences their stories.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishōtenketsu

I wasn't complaining

>It was broadcast on Japanese television first. It's not like it was simply outsourced.
are you talking about Moomin? i didnt say it was.

Nigga snufkin

Attached: 9.png (272x410, 172K)

Bump for snufkin

>There's a reason that Japanese storytelling feels vaguely distinct
The same reason why storytelling on bande desine feels different from american comic. The same reason why X from Y made in other place feels different from X from Y made in Z

Then again, there isn't anything unique besides localization.

>To be fair, how many people on the street would recognize these characters?
It was broadcasted on latin america during the 90's. There was this chilean IB where someone opened a moomins thread and most of the anons recognized them. By the way, It's just a matter of source material.

>Source material is Yea Forums then it's Yea Forums material

Attached: hattipsnufkin.png (885x576, 395K)

>technically Yea Forums but I would say it's honorary Yea Forums since [insert stupid bullshit reasoning here]
Literally the only excuse anyone ever makes to justify weebshit coming here.

Attached: 1564182696164.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

>other guy assumes i'm trying to imply the show doesn't belong here since it's originally Japanese even though I never said that
>you're annoyed that i'm suggesting it does
it fits on both boards all right? jesus christ i can't win with you people.

Post comfy moomin things
youtube.com/watch?v=_NU_0OH9xzo

Its Yea Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=eNq4agGzBy4

Was it made in Japan?
People really should have had more fun with G1 Pony on Yea Forums before GR15 was strictly enforced.

It's Yea Forums.

Why do Gondola and Snufkin work so well together

No it's /int/mämmi

Yea Forums without doubt, considering its original source was a comic book. Normies only came to know about Moomin thanks to the 90’s anime (Japan was and is still obsessed with Moomins and overall Finland for some weird reason I still dont get)

>Accuses others of being casuals
>Thinks the comics came before the books
sasuga.

Christ.
It was a book first so you can talk about it on Yea Forums (haha as if)
Then it was a comic so you can talk about it on Yea Forums
Then it was made into an animated series in Japan so you can talk about it on Yea Forums
Board topics aren't hard lines drawn in the sand, some series/franchises can be discussed in multiple places. See also: MCU threads (Yea Forums and Yea Forums)

For you

Attached: normot vittuun mämmistä.jpg (791x416, 371K)

I recognize them all and so would majority of people here in Finland

I saw a pretty high quality video a few years ago where Snufkin was actually a female the entire time and the left side design was what Snufkin looked like after growing her hair back out.

Was that some sort of gag reel from an animation studio or just somebody going to a lot of effort to edit a bunch of episodes down to make it?