Tfw enjoy comics and are currently enjoying a lot of modern titles

>tfw enjoy comics and are currently enjoying a lot of modern titles

Attached: 516b9f9.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

Based

Anyone who says comics are shit right now is a total virgin with rage loser that should get that cough looked at.

Post your pull lists my fellow gigachads
Five Years (Abstract)
Uber Invasion (Avatar, hiatus)
Black Hammer (Dark Horse, series of series & minis)
Resident Alien (Dark Horse, series of minis)
American Vampire (DC, hiatus)
Dial H (DC, maxi series)
Green Lantern (DC)
The Metabaron (Humanoids, album)
Ragnarok (IDW, series of minis)
Criminal (Image)
Shadow Roads (Oni Press)

Attached: sadcow vs lolcow.jpg (3000x1754, 758K)

Sorry Chad, you're too based to be here. We only allow those who are incapable of enjoying anything unless they're old or so niche that even the creators aren't aware of their own work's existence.

You have to go back.

Also I say nigger a lot

Well in that case, go back to /pol/ or Yea Forums, your choice.

No because they say it like "FUCK NIGGERS KILL THEM ALL"

I say it more like "this nigga"

Decidedly unbased

5 of those are on hiatus and one is a reprint. Nice going, genius.

Yeah i'll post my list, it's all Marvel because i'm a sheep
Amazing Spider-man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Silver Surfer Black
Venom
House/Powers of X
Immortal Hulk
Fantastic 4
Avengers
Absolute Carnage

Five Years
Elvira Mistress of the Dark
Canto
Faithless
Second Coming
Tony Stark; Iron Man
House of X
Powers of X
Death's Head
Punisher Kill Crew
Silver Surfer Black
Batman Last Knight on Earth

just finished:
Little Bird
Unnatural
Symbiote Spider-Man

will be getting:
New Hellblazer series
Swamp Thing Giants
all other Hickman X-Men

No, sorry, bigger, stop trying to make this your safe space. Anyone can say whatever they want here, that's the point. You can say whatever you want, people can say whatever they want. That's what makes Yea Forums great! I wish people would stop the go back to plebit and go back to pol shit...

Technically speaking each board is a safespace for people's specific hobbies

Even more based

>it's "Yea Forums has shit taste" episode
Damn, I hate reruns

Damn son, BTFO all us plebs with that list of truly excellent books./s

What would be the point in throwing pearls to swine?

Why is it that people who call out shit taste never bother to provide better alternatives?

Attached: 1562222622427.png (631x480, 488K)

Well sure, I have been reading a lot of modern stuff, though not enjoying as much as I should.
The stuff I've been currently enjoying:

>Immortal Hulk
>Doctor Strange
>House of X/Powers of X
>Invaders
>Champions
>Captain Marvel
>Ironheart
>Prodigal Sun
>Ms Marvel
>Fantastic Four
>Green Lantern
>Analog
>Outpost Zero
>StarCraft: Survivors (this series of minis is a bit of a guilty pleasure)
>Die
>Snotgirl (even with its dreadful release schedule)

And a few others I grab once in a while to binge-read. Then there's the stuff I only grab monthly to roast/be mad at, but still consistently enough:

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Avengers

Used to grab Venom/Silver Surfer Black but I dislike Cates at this point so this would be masochism, I already suffer with GOTG. But other than that, I would never say comics are bad right now, there's lots to read and enjoy.

Everyone has had a shit taste at some point. The reason I don't provide examples is that tastlets would not be able to appreciate at that point in their life and would whine how they were memed into reading them.

>A thread about recommending comics
>Proceeded to not post comic recommendations and insults everyone else
If you want them to get out of this "rut", you have to take initiative

Attached: 1567276924169.png (506x552, 297K)

You tell yourself that but OP, didn't open up with recommendations. You are foolish if you believe good taste can be acquiered just by reading best works. It's a process and some people aren't ready yet.

But at the same time, you can't expect people to develop an interest in what you consider higher entertainment without an introduction to it and telling them to develop better taste without telling them what is better taste is a catch 22. Also just because the OP wasn't recommendations doesn't mean it didn't turn into a recommendation thread.

>went to my LCS last week to pick up my pull list
>guys are doing a live unboxing video for their Facebook page
>call me over to be in the video
>each time he gets to one of the comics I’m pulling he asks me a few questions about the title, who is the creative team, how much am I enjoying it, etc
>spend a few minutes afterwards just chatting with them and helping answer a few questions that pop up on said video
I Fucking love my pull list, and I love my LCS, guy who owns it is such a bro, some years back my house burned down at the beginning of summer and I told him I had to cancel my pull list. Dude says that he’ll pay for my comics until the end of summer until I can get back on my feet.

Crossposting is normal on Yea Forums and happens far more often than you think.

They should really make itbso that posting on more then one board requires a Yea Forums pass

Is this real or photoshop?

>no classics
Virgins.

Why would I post classics in a modern titles thread?

god i love this image

Because modern comics are shit.

Okay? Why are you in this thread then?

To remind you that you're not as good as you think.

Woe is me! Random user thinks so lowly of me and my taste! Whatever shall I do?

Have better taste.

Stop worrying about what other people like user

Are you talking about you or me? Because you seem angry at my reminding you that your taste is bad.

You're talking to two people actually. And yeah, you should stop trying this hard to be elitist about comic books of all things.

>You're talking to two people actually
Prove it.
>elitist
No, classicist. I like good books.

Shut the fuck up already.

Attached: file.png (459x441, 55K)

Nice GIMP.

Your just as bad as him for constantly replying. This is why quality of posts of Yea Forums keeps dwindling because people can't NOT reply to shitposts and stuff they don't like

>no Marvel
Based, but it also proves you wrong..

It's not catch 22 at all. The taste develops by consuming more, not just the best of the best. You get to see that, by comparison, some things suck harder than something else, how better one comic does the same thing.
Just how it can turn into recommendation thread, it can turn into something else. Doors go both ways.

Middlewest
Monstress
Vampblade
The Dreaming
Lucifer
Red Sonja
Elvira
Monstress
American Carnage (just finished)
Second Coming
Collapser

that's just some off the top of my head and I'm not even getting into superhero big 2 stuff

>Captain Marvel
BASED

Attached: carol punching.jpg (833x900, 332K)

Dope story. Is that video up on YouTube?

I know that feel too

Honestly, we are living in one of the best era's of western comics, there will always be a lot of crap but now that we have so much indie publishers and even publishers that want to do totally new things like TKO, we are great. Only thing I could wish is more eurocomics being translated

Nope