Why do these knockoff characters exist when joker and harley already have the clown schtick?

why do these knockoff characters exist when joker and harley already have the clown schtick?

Attached: 1544769622718.png (480x361, 247K)

Because they have cooler designs.

Punch and Jewlee predate the Joker and Harley relationship.

low-effort bait

Who's the right guy? I want to fuck him.

I wanna see more of Trickster and Prank.

Attached: truth.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Has Prank even been canonized?

I'm surprised they haven't caught on as much. It's literally Joker and Harley, but without the abusive parts.

Also, fuck that shitty Suicide Squad movie for what it did to them.

Because Punch And Jewlee had been a clown themed couple before Timm ripped off the idea and made Harley Quinn to be a punching back for Joker.
Fucking this man, when is the last time we even saw Prank? I know Williamson used Trickster in a story a few arcs ago in Flash, but Prank never showed.

They were in it?

I like their doomsday clock knockoffs more

He means the animated one

Do they fight Andrew Dobson?

Since Harley and Joker can't be a couple anymore they have to use the next best thing. It's for the better, that allows DC to actually use characters instead of creating new one that already exist/have a role.

>Since Harley and Joker can't be a couple anymore
wait why?

People don't like it and DC wants to move on from that.

Harley is too big and too much of a feminist icon to be the Joker's cocksleeve. Or something. I'm not kidding about the big thing either, she's second only to Wonder Woman in merch sales.

Cause Harley is a strong independent woman who don't need no man, is cast as a good guy regardless of what horrific shit she does, and it would bring up the "omg jokerXharley was an abusive relationship" stuff.

Dc has to maintain the copyrights, end of story.

That was shit. I loved how p&j were one of the few people that had a happy ending out of ss

Jewelee predates Harley by like 20 years. Also, they aren't so much clown themed as puppet show themed.

But user, comic Trickster is gaaaaay.

Because they better fit the Hot Topic us vs the world faggot schtick

That's not how copyright law works at all