This movie is going to get slammed by the general audience just because of the "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" memes the...

This movie is going to get slammed by the general audience just because of the "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" memes the character is attached to, isn't it?

Attached: Joker_(film_2019).png (1363x741, 722K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.yahoo.com/pok-mon-detective-pikachu-becomes-highest-grossing-video-103240549.html
eblnews.com/video/detective-pikachu-breaks-box-office-records-674802
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that meme doesn't exist, it was invented as an anti incel false flags by reddditors who were stupid enough to make it in an open subredddit where everybody could see not only the pictures they were preparing, but the raids they organised to "btfo incels". really sad moment of history.

This film is going to change society itself.

General audience will love it and critics will thinks it’s somehow pro trump

Do you have any evidence of this claim?

Online shitposters aren't "the general audience".

The trailer is the #1 trending video on Youtube with an overwhelming number of likes and everyone is genuinely interested in it. Good or bad it's going to make a lot of money. The marketing and trailers for this movie are so good I'm really thinking this might be a good movie.

this

it's easily available.

Yeah, we sure do live in a society that will judge the movie unfairly.

>trending video on Youtube
youtube isn't reliable and paying a few thousands gets you trending more than having a million click in a minute.

>that meme doesn't exist
How exactly do you imagine memes to work? Please be detailed.

Attached: well memed.png (1000x1000, 508K)

I don't know, I just think that making the Joker a relatable character with the whole "He was evil because people were mean to him!" is sort of wrong in many factors.

Journalist will hate the movie and lesbian white women will make stupid comments about it but the general audience will love it

>preemptive outrage junkie outraged that people might get outraged about an unreleased movie.

Must be tiring.

But almost every batman villian has this origin. They were all bullied and mistreated

I think it's going to get slammed because it looks an embarrassing piece of shit based on the trailer

Yeah, but it doesn't really work well for the Joker. You're not supposed to humanize this kind of villain. There are other Batman villain that may work better with this kind of "let's make this villain more human and give him a sad past" story.

Nah, FB people are unironically using the Joker as a base for some cringeworthy "way of life" memes. Character has always had this kind of "appeal" from normies.

Sure fine we'll just ignore the platform that the trailer was put on. And any other website is already compromised because those as well can be flooded by paid clicks and automated comments.

Attached: 080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg (320x240, 33K)

I'm genuinely scared for this movie because of what potential terrorists would do during its showing in the US theaters.
And going by the trailer it seems like it's trying to push for that itself.

It could be argued that giving him an origin doesn't work for him. But we don't actually know how bad this Joker will be, even if the trailer does offer a good sense of dread. He could blow some shit up and rob some places, or he could end the movie running babies over with a lawnmower while Yakety Sax plays.

>tfw the Joker turns out to be a social commentary on the society's impression of the character and how he's attached to rebellion and terrorism.

If there is even one shooting, the movie will make a billion bucks. Sure makes you think about our society, right?

George W Bush wanted V for Vendetta banned from theaters for the same thing. Did anything ever come of that?

If I remember correctly, he ends up killing at least 4-5 people? It's fuzzy. There's the thugs, his ex-coworker and the tv show host. Also, I guess you could technically said his actions laid to the death of the Waynes.

SEND IN THE CLOWNS

>George W Bush wanted V for Vendetta banned from theaters for the same thing.
That never happen

Just avoid the release weekend and you will probably safe

I don't live in the US, people aren't as crazy when it comes to these kind of things here.

>Get shot by a copycat on a slow Thursday instead of the weekend one that everyone will remember.
Noooo thank you!

Nah, normies love edgy joker

I'll be honest. "We live in a society" memes are so common nowadays that they stopped being funny.

Then it'll be easy for you to provide a source for your claim.

It's really funny that you think people need to organize a conspiracy to make fun of incels.

What's the chance that the "Clown World" & "We Live in a Society" memes were astroturfed just for this movie?

Unlikely.

Shut your fucking face, Clown World is a genius meme that's going to reshape society.

Is it just me, or have people become a lot more suspicious of memes recently? I remember some other user claiming that Area 51 Raid was intentionally started to draw attention away from Epstein.

I'm pretty sure it will just get slammed for being a shit movie like most DC movies

Then you should have no problem providing it

General audience will eat it up, cinema snobs will hate it, people like Stuckmann and Jahns will praise it, only ones who are hard to predict are the RLM guys.

>Thinking that the "Orange bad movie" will be hated by the general public and journos

Attached: +_e417aab4e8dbb5e9de12acd3f6e9a1a7.jpg (326x306, 20K)

Only if he drinks ocean water.

>cinema snobs will hate it,
Wasn’t for brad jones not shutting up about his politics he might be as big as RLM

There is literally no audience for this movie outside the confines of Yea Forums and it's sub-boards.
Not enough action for dudebros
Too much momma's-boy cringiness for the females
R-rated so family viewing is out.
Absolutely zero chance of being shown in Bugmanland.
Has a movie ever had a narrower potential audience?

Because GAMERS BOTTOM TEXT is considered peak humor on reddit. Guess where people from Reddit go once they get bored of their dull forum?

Let's make Superman fucking dark!
Let's make the Justice League fucking dark!
Let's remove all the colors from Wonder Woman!
Let's make a Suicide Squad movie!
Oh I don't know! Why don't we give the Joker his own movie!

What exactly is their problem?

It should just be a guy in a Joker costume running around doing Jackass pranks at this point. That seems to be the tone they're going for.

What's bad about oranges?

>/pol/tard who thinks every movie ever made is a secret jew plot to brainwash him into hating trump

It totally makes sense, as people get a better handle on memes they're going to want to replicate their impact. It starts off with /pol/ or somewhere on reddit doing it for shits and giggles, but it stands to reason that at a certain point marketers or even governments are going to try their hands at it.
>to draw attention away from Epstein
This is dumb though, it makes zero sense as a strategy to distract people. A dumb joke isn't going to distract people from a huge scandal.

The thing about brad jones. Making fun of Exportation films made him Popular. He ditched that angle to appeal to channel awesome SJW types. Now he only bitches about religious films poorly. There a different big difference from making fun of religious scare films to bitching about Christian movies not fitting his atheistic Nihilistic world view. ( refuses to make fun of any other religious films made by people from different religions and even defended Scientology in a vlog in blog) Brad jones got triggered over kids movie buttercream gang because it has a wholesome message of never giving up on friendship and charity.

Not him and I don't know how to measure it. But user is right that youtube's stuff are far from reliable measurements. It's more like Youtube is after promoting momentum more so than actually ranking interest.

Or would you say that ProJared's recent video about his own controversy are on the same level as this movie? Because his video was hitting all the algorithm spots.

>Making fun of Exportation
Fucking auto correct refusing let
Me type in Exploitation

>This movie is going to get slammed by 4Chin
ftfy.

You can't brainwash a brainlet.

>go see movie in America
>get shot

How many Billions did this make again? I mean it's numbers are close to Endgame's so I'm sure it's at least one, right?

Attached: views matter.png (864x300, 207K)

>that meme doesn't exist

Now THIS is contrarianism.

Clown World is just the same old shit we've been having, just with a different coat of paint.

>I don't need evidence if I say I have evidence.

Attached: hmm.png (870x655, 455K)

Alan Moore did it and people still won't shut up about it

It's no secret that the FBI and the CIA not only have completely infiltrated the most popular inageboards, they actively incite the craziest users in them to do shit. Before infinity-chan died, the FBI showed a screenshot of their posts and it was filled with (You)s.

Were they ever funny?

>being paid to troll an imageboard
What a world we live in

cope

The general audience doesn't know memes.

I mean, looking at DC’s track record I’d imagine it would get slammed anyway.

Is /pol/ still in denial about Trump being the biggest Jew lover that ever lived?

>This guy believes anything the Joker tells him
What a rube.

>I have neither an argument nor a source, so have a buzzword.
You're really convincing me here, my guy. I bet you'll tell me to seethe next.

I don't even get them. Is the joke that the people using the meme are retarded?

You seem to have a misconception of what "general audience" means. Most of them have never heard of that meme.

I don't think so, but that doesn't stop them from defending him for literally everything else.

Sort of. They're a late parody of pic related with some g4m3rz shit thrown in them because that always gets reactions.
It should probably be noted to younger folks that Joker's "agent of chaos, I'll show you how shit society is deep down under the normie behavior" schtick in TDK was absolutely genuinely embraced by late-00s depressed teenagers and young adults.

Attached: childhood-is-idolising-batman-adulthood-is-knowing-the-joker-makes-3053922.png (500x785, 189K)

... but as you say that shit was like a decade ago. Why is it only now such a thing?

Is it just another humourless way to bully ̶v̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶s̶ incels?

This is trying to rewrite history, if this subreddit existed you would be able to google cache it.
Society meme was originally /pol/'s attempt at creating a meme that would go viral on Yea Forums that painted anything they don't like as a corrupt society.

Social media is bigger and makes you spread your shit faster. Also a lot of them are manchildren so they try turn "cool" stuff from a decade ago into a meme

>It's no secret that the FBI and the CIA not only have completely infiltrated the most popular inageboards, they actively incite the craziest users in them to do shit.

lol

I think general audiences are going to dislike the movie because it'll be fucking boring and won't have enough explosions, but I think the critics will like it

It's less about humor and more about reddit incels trying way too hard to not be seen as incels, the same way rapist and pedo feminists pose as beacons of virtue.

what's peak humour on Yea Forums(nel)?

Sneed

Maybe it's the people who did it genuinely then who grew up and are mocking their younger selves by reappropriating it with a touch of healthy irony. Or maybe it's normie meme culture being behind the times until like last year.
And stop being such a fucking drama queen, people would quit the incel shit if it didn't get a raise out of you every time.
t. incel

>society is going to slam down a feller gamer
Like clockwork

Who cares about what society thinks of this upcoming masterpiece! We gamers are entering the light! You best be ready, because it will be quite messy.....

Attached: Never+pay+for+sex+unless+you+just+really+dont+give+_eb36de2f219394cab7024e1e0772fbc0.jpg (1000x667, 609K)

Its just the fact that wholesome keanu memes surged across social media right before john wick 3, same with pikachu memes around the time of detective pikachu
Memes have become astroturf

No, it was to distract people from ICE.

>SJW twitter actually believes this movie will create a fucking mass shooter

Attached: image.png (2048x1536, 2.57M)

I STILL know of some ugly white trash that wear joker clothing religiously because of Ledger Joker. Even a decade later Juggalos still think it was some super deep shit.

Preps became normals.
Normals became normalfags.
Normalfags became normies.
Normies became NPCs.
NPCs became Clowns.

Can't help but wonder what the next name will be. It's like watching an animal evolve.

Clowns and NPC aren't the same though even if there's overlaps.

There will come a time when incel stops working, like when neckbeard went out of style, and nerd/geek before that. There just needs to be a new word.

I doubt general audiences will even watch it.

I haven't checked in on this movie in a while since the spoilers. Are they still true and are we only going to get Joker for 30 minutes at the end of the movie?

Attached: 1555130884344.jpg (500x500, 29K)

>/pol/ tries to create a meme that goes viral on Yea Forums
>it goes viral on Facebook instead

Attached: 1558904976739.gif (379x387, 83K)

user, they're the same shit. They can be used interchangeably. I forgot to include sheeple in there, but it's the exact same shit. It's the term used to describe people who have no complexity or personality. The names just change.

Wouldn't the clown by the antithesis of the NPC, since they recognize the truth of society (or, dare we say, have taken the redpill)?

>it wan't me it was POL
lmao, rent free.

R ratings don't keep out the parents who don't pay attention to what Tommy asks to see until after they're twenty minutes into the movie and marching to the desk for a refund.

When has broadening the appeal ever a good thing?

>Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard.

Don't be that guy who pretends to only like obscure shit in a cape movie thread.

I'm not, I'm saying that if you try to please everyone, you most of the time end up pleasing nobody.

I'm just not sure what the point of this film is when this kind of joker was already done like a decade ago without being entirely dedicated to the character

You just went from "broadening the appeal at all is always bad" to "broadening the appeal to everyone is often bad".

>WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
What of it? Do you want to live in a cave? Are you unhappy about society? What about it makes you unhappy? Finish your sentence

>I'm just not sure what the point of this film is
Money, presumably. The last time they did this kind of joker they made boatloads in merch and made the "joker brand" more visible than probably ever.

>most MCU movies don’t make a billion dollars
>Same with Disney movies in general
>Everything that isn’t Disney will flop if it can’t make a billion dollars
Is this the most retarded meme that spawn from the MCU fandom? According to this logic. Disney must be a failed company because WB at whole bigger and more profitable than Disney long before the time warner merger. Fuck Comcast and maybe Viacom are bigger than Disney.
news.yahoo.com/pok-mon-detective-pikachu-becomes-highest-grossing-video-103240549.html

eblnews.com/video/detective-pikachu-breaks-box-office-records-674802

Jesus Christ this is some important stuff

memes?

phoenixfags vs ledgerfags wars incoming

How do you losers not see this is Todd Phillips' attempt at Oscar bait trash?

What percentage on RT?
Could be anywhere from 24% to 70%.

More like 23% to 34%

You get off the Chans no one but hardcore cyber lefties and hairy trannies know what you are talking about.

It's obvious bait you faggot.

Every age demographic has their own wave of young adults dressing up as the Joker.

I don't know. Why would I know?
I'm not from the future you faggot.

its going to be incelkino

Fedora-tippers and contrarians with victim complexes on both sides of the political spectrum are going to self-insert themselves into Jokers shoes and view him as a symbol of whatever cause they believe in and refuse to acknowledge that the movie will probably receive very warm reactions from the general audiences but would likely sooner than later be forgotten.`

>general audience
who cares?

This guy gets it.

Even if this is true how would normies know the difference?

K

I wouldn't question it. They seem to be going for more of a "King of The Comedy" take with Joker replacing the Pupkin character (they didn't choose Robert De Niro as the TV host randomly) rather than a proper DC approved canonical Joker backstory. Even Warner Bros went as far as saying that the movie won't be a traditional backstory and won't even be part of the DCU.