Haha EYEphone, get it??

haha EYEphone, get it??

Attached: Futurama-eyephone_1.jpg (600x450, 43K)

no

haha susan broil, get it??

this was also the episode about MAKING VIRAL VIDEOES, and when Lela had the singing boil on her butt
It was only the 3rd episode of the series revival
How could anyone have had hope for the show after that

I GET IT!

Attached: 151515.jpg (480x360, 21K)

The previous episode with the "V-Giny" satellite should have been the first clue. In all fairness, nothing past "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings" should be deemed part of the series at all.

this

People liked benders big score so much because they missed Futurama but looking back on it, it sucks because it really undid a lot of the emotional weight in the series

Still better than Mapple desu.

Fuck, this episode was just an embarrassment all around. They really must've been desperate for scripts to greenlight this one.

The only good or even memorable in a good way post-revival episode is the one with Fry, Bender, and Farnsworth in the time machine. Prove me wrong.

Reminder that Futurama had an original run from Seasons 1-4, these episodes were made with actual writers blended sci-fi and comedy perfectly without feeling over the top. It even had some heartfelt episodes.
The series ended it was over after "The Devils Hands are Idle playthings" Fry won Leila's heart not with extreme talent but with deep passion for the love he felt for her, watch his final holophone performance, she kisses him and they walk off together, Fry found his place in the future.
>cut to season 5 HAHA CAT MEMES AND ACTUAL SCIENCE I FUCKING LOVE REAL SCIENECE IN MY SCIENECE FICTION HAHA I SAW THAT MEME ON THE INTERNET AND NOW ITS ON MY SHOW HAHA BENDER AND ZOIDBERG AR SUCH MEMES.
fuck david. x choen he ruined the show, it shouldve died with season 4. He's also the reason disenchanted is totally unwatchable and borderline amateur with its sound editing.
Fuck Matt Groening, Fuck David X. Cohen, fuck those cunts for ruining something genuine beyond its prime.

Attached: 1566861094292.png (500x375, 80K)

im happy knowing theres anons like you.
My friends only know the show post-revival and bully me for enjoying it.

easily the worst episode of futurama

because it used a fun scienece fiction trope and played with its concepts instead of trying to use actual science and whatever meme was popular at the time.

eyes are shaped like apples is the joke

Not Yo Leela Leela

While the Devil's Hands is a great finale (and the better one, really), the extended series finale was also good.

>herp derp entire revival suck cause early episodes bad

Second part of season 7 was actually pretty decent with funny jokes and wasn't up it's own ass with memes and useless science trivia. It was just to late to save.

The song was good but that's just because it was a parody of a great song.

That was really mean.

Nope

Kidnapster

>see anons here very often complain about drop in quality when the series comes back on cc
>only ever watched the episodes out of order
>didn't think there was that bad of a drop in quality
>rewatch the series in order
>there was
they really did go all in with shitty feels episodes. the one with bender being created by hermes was so dumb, and the very last episode was a really weak send off, even the one with fry meeting his mom one last would've been better imo.
All the specials after bender's big score sucked too, especially the manta ray one.

Bender's Game was prime Reddit humor. Truly the essence of Rick and Morty was distilled there.

I really hated the one with Frys mom because every episode up to that point basically showed his mom to be neglectful and uncaring. Why suddenly do her and Fry have this amazing mother/son relationship

People complain the CC era of doing this but old Futurma did shit like this too.
Remember KidNapster?

The concept of kidnapster was a little more clever than LOL I PHONES in my opinion

>listen to the commentaries on the later seasons
>matt constantly points out stuff he doesn't like
>"yeah let's not do that again"

Devil's Hands was the good ending

Bender's Big Score was the true ending

But what about the tentacle creature that had sex with everybody and then Bender was a pirate?

Beast with a billion backs doesn't exist

Did anyone notice in the post-revival seasons the writers kept trying to use the entire Planet Express crew in every episode they can? Sometimes even Scruffy was there just because they needed to fill out numbers, like the mind swapping episode

Scruffy deserved more.

is this loss?

>Did anyone notice in the post-revival seasons the writers kept trying to use the entire Planet Express crew in every episode they can?
writers do this when they are out of ideas, instead of having to write actual jokes and belivable conversation they have another character pop in screen every few secconds
Futurama is definetly not the first show to do this and if you pay atention its the first sign of a show going to shit

no he didnt

Scruffy believes in this company.

Who's Scruffy?

>liking scruffy
Literal reddit opinion

The janitor.

wow one episode you sure got me

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Fuck and Suck".

It also makes Yancy's episode less impactful because it was supposed to be that he was the only one who had real remorse in the family, all of whom were uncaring and whom Yancy was the worst of them all. Fry's mom even called Fry's stuff "crap in the basement" when Yancy was looking for something for the funeral.

By giving his mom a moment though, basically everyone in Fry's life got a redeeming "I really do care" moment except for his dad. Even the dog got a moment. And then had that moment undone by Bender's Big Game.

People aren't cartoon characters, and I see Yea Forums all the time classifying a minor mistreatment as an entire character relationship. Just because your mom is annoyed with you sometimes, or doesn't value some of the same things you do, it doesn't mean your mom doesn't love you.

Have you guys ever interacted with real humans in your entire lives above a shallow automaton scale?

Score was good, Beast and Yonder were forgettobale

Bender's Big Score is literally only remembered for that one Family Guy joke in it

Attached: BpyoCBMCUAADl2b.jpg (320x180, 12K)

But the entire point of Fry's past is that everyone in his life treated him like dirt. His parents ignored him, his brother bullied him, his boss berated him, his girlfriend cheated on him.

Having Yancy, who Fry argued was the top worst, being the one to show the most emotion enough to name his kid after him is a lot more heartfelt than, "Also, his mom loved him too, did you know that? See, here's this one scene where she's sad".

At least with the Yancy episode, the whole plot revolved around him and his brother. The mom thing was almost treated like a b-plot on top of Nibbler's adventure.

No the point of Fry's past is that space seems to go on forever but then you reach the end and a gorilla throws barrels at you

There's also a lot of jokes about the internet that aged really badly but I can look past that for the most part, since most people really didn't think the internet would actually become that big at the time.

wtf is happening with their arms

Attached: Movie.2.Futurama.The.Beast.With.a.Billion.Backs.2008.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.x264-DON.mkv_snapshot_01.02.48 (1920x1080, 414K)

It's a disease that carried over from the Simpsons, I call it the "whole town" plot. Basically the writers just want an excuse to do a string of character gags instead of coming up with a plot. For example, the 300 dollar tax rebate episode. There's no real plot, just shows literally every named character's response to the tax rebate and that's it.

The while point of writing a fictional character is to dictate what moments in their life or parts of their personality should be seen by the audience. What's the point of only showing someone being an asshole if you're supposed to just assume they're not an asshole?