How did you feel about Shocker in Homecoming?

How did you feel about Shocker in Homecoming?

Attached: Shockerhomecoming.jpg (367x634, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/04/spider-man-homecoming-easter-egg-crossbones-captain-america/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was a shock to my system

Pleasantly surprised. I couldn't stand that first hothead that acted nothing like Herman and was glad when he was replaced by someone more professional.

I went to the bathroom during the scene where Vulture accidentally kills the other Shocker, so I missed the whole thing about him calling himself the shocker. So while watching the movie I never realized that was supposed to be the Shocker.

That should be everything you need to know about this version of the Shocker. It felt like a CW or early 00's version of a villain/hero.

>no costume because "lol costumes are for kiddy shows and look stupid in live action, our movie is for adults who take Spider-Man seriously so the characters are just going to wear street clothes".

CLASSIC MCU!

Is it? Because the vast majority of MCU villains are in costume.

Attached: mcu_villains.jpg (512x288, 54K)

Why can’t they give them stylish street clothes that strongly resemble their costumes?

Shocker was in the movie for like 15 minutes, calm down. The MCU has more comic accurate costumes than any other Marvel movies

This one has the yellow arms with the diamond pattern but it's hard to tell.

You forgot

>"lol 'the SHOCKER'!?!? Are you really going to call yourself that? Like, using a codename? lol that's stupid, codenames are stupid lol."

Every MCU movie. Every time.

>Every MCU movie
Name one other time.

He needed a better design

Attached: 5940716-0538060830-maxre.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

I can't hate based Bokeem Woodbine

Ant-Man

>"lol ANT-MAN!?! Can we PLEASE do something about the name!?! I mean LOLOLOOL ANT-MAN SERIOUS ANT-MAN LOLOLOLOLOL"

I hate that he had one glove
I hate that he didn’t wear a costume
I hate the stupid reasoning for his name
I hate the static around his punches confusing casuals even more
I hate that he could fire projectile shockwaves

Fuck the MCU

MCU movies tend to either avoid using codenames outright or just use them as an Easter egg gag.

>"We're IRON MONGERS, Tony."

>"You want to be the WAR MACHINE? GO ahead!"

>"If you did that, you'd become an... ABOMINATION."

>"Where's the HAWK?"
>"Up in his nest."

And so on. Or if they go full on with a codename, they do what they did in Ant-Man and have the characters point out how stupid codenames are and then wait for the audience to laugh.

I was looking forward to seeing him and Scorpion in Spider-man 3 until......well you know...

What does Star Lords running joke count as?

>going to the restroom during a movie
Wow

wahhhhh a guy starting off an in the movie for 5 minutes can't come back in a future movie with more development

t. brainlet

Pretty much the same thing. "lol STAR LORD that's so dumb" is the exact same joke as "lol ANT-MAN that's so STUPID" since all MCU movies are written via template.

But it all goes back to Singer's X-Men movie and the "Storm? Cyclops? What do they call you, WHEELS?" and "What would you rather wear? YELLOW SPANDEX!!!!" jokes for setting the tone that all superhero movies must laugh at the absurdity of codenames and costumes forever.

Implying he ever comes back

Was only in the trailer and not the movie.

>But it all goes back to Singer's X-Men movie and the "Storm? Cyclops? What do they call you, WHEELS?" and "What would you rather wear? YELLOW SPANDEX!!!!" jokes for setting the tone that all superhero movies must laugh at the absurdity of codenames and costumes forever.

I really, really, really wish capeshit movies could get the fuck over that. A couple of jokes from a movie made 19 years ago and it's been taken as a hard rule for all superhero movies made ever since.

>A couple of jokes from a movie made 19 years ago and it's been taken as a hard rule for all superhero movies made ever since.
Outside of Iron Man, and Captain America.

It's because comics are for retarded babies who poop hard in their diapers. You can't expect the average moviegoer to accept something so silly.

>thread hating on MCU designs
>from the same movie as the best vulture design
The bomber jacket's ruffles, the beak-like mask, the talons, and the wings all looked perfect. An amazing design.

Attached: Homecoming_Vulture.png (585x734, 664K)

You can thank Joss Whedon; he wrote both of those jokes for the X-Men script (as well as "do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning?"). He then went on to be a big wheel in the MCU, so he brought that same sensibility about considering hero names and costumes stupid right along with him. He kept it going in the capeshit medium from 2000 thru 2014. It's honestly all his fault.

Some of the time they respect the names. "I am Iron Man" was Tony's last one liner.
And their costumes have nods to comic books, like the yellow sleeves on Shocker or the beak and collar on Vulture. Or the entire Mysterio costume. Days of black leather only are gone.

It’s rather inconsistent. For every good design there’s 3 bad ones

I think the Spider-Man movies have been consistent in amazing designs for the villains, to be honest.

Attached: YOUKNOWIMRIGHT.jpg (1200x632, 99K)

>and costumes
Most hero costumes are pretty great compared to old x-men stuff.

They respected the source material so much, they didn't even call him Vulture in the movie outside of a brief easter egg gag because "Vulture? LOL you want to call him VULTURE!? lolol you can't be serious! LOLOLOLOLOL" etc.

If your entire idea of "respecting the source material" is just calling them by their comic book name, grow the fuck up and get some real criticism with the movies.

oh hey its the black guy from Fargo season 2.

Wrong.

If anything, Scott Lang is one of the few heroes that genuinely likes his hero name and is always happy to say it out loud. He was proud to say that he was called Ant-Man when he introduced himself to Falcon.

Attached: Man of Ants.jpg (2700x1800, 394K)

I said ‘strongly’ resemble the character, not vaguely.

In the trailer for that scene there was "... wasn't my idea", but they cut it out for release.

i hope he isnt all i see him as is a crooked leader of a political party

Yeah, because it was just to ease the audiences into the concept Ant-Man as a superhero name. In the end they realised it was stupid and that it didn't fit well with the movie. Ant-Man is a movie in which everyone takes seriously what Pym particles can do, by that point Scott already knew what he was capable of doing and he fully embraced being the new Ant-Man. All the traces of the self deprecating humor were cut in the movie, like that scene when he asked Pym to change the name.

Lame.

Needed a legit costume with a mask.

Are you sure that isn't just Dave Chappelle?

I get Shocker is always going to be an appetizer villain, but this was bare minimum.

I feel like the film managed to turn Herman into a legacy character to his own supervillain identity despite that, within the final film, no original Shocker ever existed.

Dammit, i was going to make a dave chappelle joke too

Heeeeey, wait a second.

Attached: 72df80a2b8c3c1aae0529e903e5b19af.jpg (530x943, 111K)

he should have been played by Dave Chapelle desu

I'll chase you to the ends of the earth

Kinda looks like Dave Chappelle

I'm pretty sure its canonical that the Shocker gauntlets are modified Crossbones gauntlets.
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/04/spider-man-homecoming-easter-egg-crossbones-captain-america/

Sad Shocker will never get a real film apperance.

It's not that it's "too cool" but the gauntlet work differently so you don't need an insulation suit. Still even a yellow ski mask would've been nice

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Attached: rs_634x1024-140416163034-634.Dave-Chappelle-Gym-Smoking-La.ms.041614.jpg (634x1024, 56K)

I was actually surprised to find that the guy who Toomes accidentally killed was credited as Montana at the end of the film. I was hoping we’d see Shocker again in FFH with an upgraded suit but it never happened. I like it so far.

He was spot-on, literally THE best iteration of the character! Just like every other MCU character!

Why is he using crossbones robotfist? Has marvel gotten so cheap they are now recycling props?

The whole point of Toomes' operation is that they scavenge tech from Avengers battles to improve for themselves or sell for profit. They canonically snagged one of Crossbone's gauntlets and upgraded it.

After, of course, washing Toomes off it.

Most of those were during Phase One, they got rid of that shit later

Even if he comes back (which is super unlikely), let's not forget about Ronan's '''''''return''''''' in Captain Marvel. Stop sucking MCU dick so hard, they don't like recurring villains or character development for side characters.

They were setting up the Sinister Six very clearly. Shocker, Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio, and Chameleon.

Where was Chameleon?

absolutely wasted and both were shocker in name only

the fuck happened to this scene

>the fuck happened to this scene

It was a hoax, not from an actual shooting.

source: your autistic ass

Ikr. He's either a child or old.

FFH, the SHIELD guy "conveniently" named Dmitri.

Eh. Homecoming had the Tinkerer in it, too, but nobody gave a shit.

Not first time that they poke fun at those kind of things to win the audience, the difference was that they really cut those things from the final movie having none of the self deprecating humor in it

Yeah well done. People spotted this before release!

weird, i dont remember dave chappelle in the mcu