How come the west has never put out a cartoon or even a comic mostly about cooking?

How come the west has never put out a cartoon or even a comic mostly about cooking?
Japan has been doing it for decades and with the popularity of cooking youtubers you'd figure it's a niche open to be explored

Attached: Marcille_23ae92_6393253.jpg (1200x1324, 261K)

Because that shit doesn't sell with the main stream and comic publishers aren't trying to sell to cooks.

What is Chowder?

Show like Yakitate Japan! Shokugeki no Soma and even Dungeon Meshi all have a gimmick, they can't carry cooking the main atraction of the show. Also while they are semi-popular on their release they don't usually go beyond being niche animes.

Because...we're not Japan.

>never
Do you even Get Jiro?

I don't even like the cooking parts of Dungeon Meshi.

Spbp
When you're a kid it seems like only anime and manga get the creative shit, but when you grow up you realize the catalogue is just filtered due to the language barrier.

Marcille a shit
Her ears are fat and slutty

Brian Wood did one for Image called Starve.
It was pretty bad though

In a market that doesn't care about comics, hell cares about comics less than manga, it's pointless.
We have more of a television culture desu. Noone ever realises that everything in japan has an american equivalent.

>cooking anime
cooking shows
>isekai
The price is right
>hot anime girls
Pick anything lmao, every show has at least one designated hot girl to pull in the horny audience.
>harem anime
The bachelor

There's Vorascious as well, but I haven't gotten around to reading v3 yet so it might turn out to be mediocre as well. The turn it took at the end of v2 didn't bode well.

in France there was Lord of Burger

Could at least have posted a cover for that glorious Barbucci art.

Attached: (0).jpg (1080x1472, 278K)

The one I have had a Balak cover, which was nice still, but as with many things Barbucci's nominally involved with, the art inside isn't by Barbucci and the cover's just a way to mislead you.

Because Japan is obsessed with food in a way Westerners just can't understand, which is ironic since we're fatter.

Well fuck me. I could've sworn at least #1 was drawn by Barbucci.
Turns out it was only the cover, and the interior was Balak and some literallywho.

>He didn’t take the moon and then take the sun

Are you telling me people actually read those manga to learn about cooking.

>What is Ratatouille?

Sorry that when we make a cartoon about cooking it doesn't involve the food turning into monsters and fighting for some reason

>the board with the most anons still living with their parents per capita wanting to learn about cooking for themselves

WOOD, AYE.

>How come the west has never put out a cartoon or even a comic mostly about cooking?

Because Japan makes their shows as being done-in-one-season joints. They aren't intended to go beyond the 1 season; they're basically miniseries.

In the US, every show is made with the expectation that it can go on indefinitely, so there can be no resolution or concise storytelling. Everything must be The Simpsons. Which is also why next to no American shows have satisfying endings or endings at all. They just go on and on and on until they get cancelled and then it just stops.

Is that the one about cooking dinosaurs?

in 2019 I am forgotten, at least by OP.

Attached: chowder.jpg (400x400, 44K)

Yup. I like the premise, but the v2 ending is screaming V3 WILL BE A TRAINWRECK at me. I'll get around to read it eventually, but I'm honestly not optimistic.

>Sorry that when we make a cartoon about cooking it doesn't involve the food turning into monsters and fighting for some reason
Well try harder then.

Attached: 1502633605228.jpg (376x648, 98K)

... too Jewish.

Attached: images.jpg (260x194, 5K)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSe-6JOuQlQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgiK-HWKPjw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YG4h5GbTqU

What is Bob's Burgers?

Spongebob
Chowder
Ratatouille
Bob's Burgers
Ronald McDonald

Only Chowder is *about* cooking. For everything else cooking is merely a setting/aspect of the show.

Not sure if this counts, but I got hungry reading Get Jiro.

Attached: Get-Jiro.jpg (325x500, 58K)

Straight cooking manga are popular in Japan though, they just don't get translated very much. Oishinbo has been running since the early 80s. The real answer to OP's question is, "the rest of the world isn't as food-obsessed as Japan."

Chowder isn't about real cooking though, almost all the ingredients they use are fictional.

I hope that you're not implying that Fighting Foodons wasn't Saturday morning kino

Cooking is boring and so is Dungeon Meshi.

Trulli Tales has the protagonists save the day by cooking magic dishes. I heard it's pretty good for a toddler show but I haven't watched much of it myself.

Attached: tt.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Been thinking of shoehorning cooking and baking into my superhero setting, but then it would make it something like pic related with invincible.

Attached: 1548754027813.jpg (689x577, 194K)

Seconds had a bit about cooking

Attached: seconds_IMG_1043_crop.jpg (1099x1327, 495K)

Dungeon Meshi, the OP's example of a manga about food, doesn't even primarily deal with food anymore. It's increasingly about necromancy and an elvish suicide squad.

Attached: 1497665206465.jpg (160x324, 49K)

Real cooking is often absent from many cooking manga/anime/cartoon/comics.

Attached: tg baker's dozen.png (1378x4381, 444K)

Attached: tg baker's dozen sequel hook.png (1377x838, 98K)

That’s normal. The japanese are very bad at staying focused in their stories, so they tend to shift heavily in tone as the writers get bored of the original premise.

The Scott Pilgrim influence in this is sickening.

Same author.

>Oishinbo has been running since the early 80s.
it's a shame they only published a couple compilation volumes of that one over here, would love to have more of it in English

/tg/ does some really amazing things sometimes