The Simpsons: 10 Storylines That Have Aged Poorly

So anything that isn’t zombie Simpsons problematic now?
screenrant.com/simpsons-storylines-aged-poorly/amp/

Attached: 10307640-7E9E-4D16-943E-5C435CA54ADD.jpg (196x181, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/king-hobo/gallery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pre-zombie Simpsons was always problematic, because it had teeth. It works in the favour of stooges to remove the context of certain jokes and downplay the anarchism of early Simpsons.

Simpsons didn’t demonized Flanders until after the zombie era. Back than the Simpsons made fun of everyone.

>problematic
Please end yourself

8 out of 10 of these examples are from Zombie Simpsons

The only one that isnt is Apu and Lisa being a punching bag pre Zombie

Fuck off /pol/

/pol/ are the ones who'd post this shitty political bait thread. You're /pol/ for defending it. Fuck off /pol/

so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

episode?
i need more pics of this hot bahaabiti

Wait, what?

Attached: 07B544A0-781D-4B3B-968F-CBA5C5BFC976.jpg (750x902, 163K)

I never said anything about Ned.

That sounds like something /pol/ would say

Did they just implied Flanders being a Christian something new?

Surprisingly no.

>This wasn’t accidental, as the writers addressed contemporary religious controversies and their own gripes with conservatism by taking it out on Ned. In fact, Ned’s drastic degradation inspired the term “Flanderization” on TV Tropes. Recent episodes rectified this, toning down the spite he embodied with corrections seen in The Simpsons Movie where Bart views Ned as a father figure.

They're saying changing him from his original betrayal because of their religion hangups really fucked with his characterization. Honestly? I agree with most of this list.

No wait, nevermind, reached the end of the list
>Ever since The Simpsons began, Lisa – a young intellectual – was shown as the only person in Springfield’s generally mediocre populace who could amount to something. And yet, the show goes through great lengths to punish her for her intelligence.

More often than not, Lisa is shown as an annoying know-it-all who everyone just begrudgingly tolerates. The argument could be made that Lisa is the writers’ avatar and they embody their struggles in hers. And yet, her episodic arcs almost always end with her submitting to the status quo and settling instead of finding something better.

Don't be baited into reading this shit.

SJWs are shit. I don't even need to be a /pol/tard to recognize your dumb language

When Patty became lesbian then was about to get married to a man pretending to be a woman. I just dont understand what they were trying to say in that episode at all. Fuck that was like 14 years ago and simpsons was already shit then.

How do I know you're both not /pol/?

Cry on /pol/ Nazi

This
shills are hell bent on trying to make it /pol/ to hate sjw shit when in reality everyone hates it
You dont have to be /pol/ to hate these fucks

>mudshits

Attached: DE7AA360-BFD7-43BB-8462-AD6169ECCB37.jpg (550x555, 63K)

>they embody their struggles in hers
yeah these lazy hacks shitting out scripts for an immortal monster TV show are really struggling.

Originally Flanders was slightly to Homer in every way; this included sincere faith whereas Homer grumbled his way to church every Sunday out of a dumb sense of obligation.

Flanders was only mildly religious at the start of the series, with his main role in the series at the start was just to be a foil to Homer by being so much more competent and successful than him. This is well acknowledged, its what the entire phrase "flanderisation" is named after.

>Actual praise for nuclear energy

unironically based

Some writer wanted clearly to push the faggot agenda but other writers managed to edit the script so the message comes across as almost making fun of itself.

Same. She's a straight up hijbai hottie

I'll click through so you don't have to:

>10 THE TREEHOUSE OF HORROR ANTHOLOGY
>9 THE CELEBRITY AND CROSSOVER EPISODES
>8 NUCLEAR POWER AS A PUNCHLINE
>7 THE HOLIDAYS OF FUTURE PASSED TIMELINE
>6 HOMER AND MARGE’S HOOK UP
>5 HOMER AND MARGE’S DIVORCE
>4 NED FLANDERS’ FUNDAMENTALISM
>3 ANYTHING TO DO WITH APU
>2 HOMER THE SITCOM DAD
>1 LISA’S MISTREATMENT

Thank you user.

>/pol/ bait thread
>all the examples listed are zombie Simpsons

>When The Simpsons first aired in 1989, nuclear energy was a relatively new concept that people didn’t know what to make of.
s this guy for real?

>10 and 9
Huh?

That article was made by some cock sucker who writes the same article over and over which is
>The thing made in the past doesn't reflect my faggot ideology and I feel the need to point that out

Attached: faggot blog writer.png (1109x884, 443K)

>For all the flak that modern Simpsons gets, the holiday episode of the 23rd season proved to be one of the show’s greatest.
It really isn't though.

>Number 1: Lisa’s treatment
Oh, I know Yea Forums is gonna LOVE this!

I like how the loglines all use the same two-part formula.
>This is a fact or supposition about a franchise, film or television show.
>Despite this fact or supposition, the franchise or film or television show has not met modern standards.

Screen Rant isn't known for the quality of its journalism.
I do like their "Pitch Meeting" series of YouTube videos though.

>that bio
now thats some grade A [soi]

People seem to forget that in the first two seasons they made much more out of the fact that Flanders was richer than Homer rather than more religious/virtuous. Flanders Fails was a real turning point for the character where he went from being envied for being richer to resented for being nicer and better liked.

Whenever kebabs, ragheads, streetshitters, and Pajeets complain about Apu I can't help but go: "where the hell were you in 1996?"

GIVE ME INFO ON THE CUTIE MUZZIE GIRL DAMN YOU

At school, getting bullied by white kids using bad Apu impressions.

I agree with the 9.

Marge raping Homer sure aged well didn't it.

>whaaaa consume in silence for the glory or the corporation wahaaaa or else you are TOXIC and PROBLEMATIC! Give me a larvae life or I'll tell the government yo KILL YOU
every time

Can we talk about revered episodes that you don't really "get"? People praise Hurricane Neddy but I thought it was written like there were two writers.

Guys what's that YouTube series where the guys summaries Simpsons episodes in a really shitty artstyle like Marge is just a mess of blue lines ?

The authors deviantart: deviantart.com/king-hobo/gallery
Enjoy.

Attached: _oscarssowhite_title_card_by_king_hobo-d9qnpwd.jpg (1024x724, 151K)

>if you don't take my racebaiting fucking garbage you're just a mindless consumer
this is literally just the same "npc" meme repackaged with a different word

I thought the joke behind Flanders in the early seasons was just that he was so comedically inoffensive that Homer came off like a lunatic for hating him.

The Simpsums

The Simpsums. The guy actually used to post here.
He quit on the series though. I miss it but I don't blame him for not wanting to keep watching Zombie Simpsons.

imagine how would Yea Forums be like if america was range baned

Attached: 9k=.jpg (285x177, 13K)

Matt Groening raped a child sex slave

yes

i wanted more pics so i could draw her.
i been seeing a ton of hijab ladies in my area recently and FUCK are those outfits clinging to every inch of their curvy figure.

Based

How is that problematic?
Of all people wouldn't it be /pol/ that would find this episode to be the most problematic?

>imagine how would Yea Forums be like if america was range baned
Baned?

Attached: bane plane scene ricky karl steve.png (1344x756, 316K)

But The Simpsons Guy is a Family Guy episode.

feed and sneedpilled

It was about a cis male sleazebag pretending to be a lesbian to get with Patty, but SJWs missed the point and thought it was saying trans women are predators trying to get close to women.

How the fuck is anyone watching The Simpsons anymore? It hasn't been the least funny in forever.

He was a bit of a dick in the mini-golf episode

I think the idea was he more represented the ideal man/family for the time where homer was the more broken but grounded man. It's just that as the world changed the one trait he had that couldn't be updated was his faith. So he slowly became flanderised

>so i could draw her.
please do, user

Can someone explain to me why Apu is somehow verboten now? He's one of the most sympathetic and fleshed out characters in the series

NUCLEAR POWER AS A PUNCHLINE

As powerful as it is, nuclear power didn't really have the best image in popular culture thanks to real life fears and incidents. The Simpsons didn't help matters, as Homer’s buffoonery and Mr. Burns' pettily evil brand of management gave the energy source a negative image.

Obviously this was a joke, but the accidental damage caused gave the real nuclear industry a headache. The showrunners even got a tour of a power plant, but the public’s image of a nuclear energy plant as an unsafe toxic environment run by idiots persisted, sullying its reputation for a while.
.....holy shit, Who cares?

>The backlash hit a crescendo with the documentary The Problem with Apu, where comedian Hari Kondabolu called out the showrunners for perpetuating demeaning stereotypes of those with Indian and South Asian descent.

Nobody gives a shit about the scottish.

Accents are offensive if they are done by white guys

>gave the real nuclear industry a headache
If anything they make nuclear explosions, meltdowns and radiations look like minor annoyances.

Not exactly true. Even at their prime he was exaggerated for jokes. Which is fine. We love characters like him because they are parodies. They still made him human and likeable.

>First two aren't actual episodes, they're "references are dated because kids have to use google"
>Flanders as a fundie (because fundies don't exist anymore?)
>"Apu was removed from the show" when he fucking wasn't
>"Lisa was mistreated" when she's the smartest person in the show

Pop culture listicles are the lowest form of literature.

Attached: 1565632909659.gif (358x201, 495K)

>how would Yea Forums be
It would be dead, dear user. You eurofags have laws that will prevent you from entering Yea Forums, and Americans never will. So with Yea Forums in your hands, it will die.

Yes it's Simpsons fault and not the the medias fearmongering after Chernobyl and Fukoshima

Especially the Scotts
Considering how few true meltdowns there have been its a pretty sterling track record.

>"Apu was removed from the show"

Attached: Apu.jpg (602x569, 38K)

You forgot Three Mile Island
Also the Chinese reactor that we can only theorize about because a ton of rads started showing up out of nowhere.

People fear nuclear power. And ignoring that is like saying x kills more than terrorism.

the arcticle is suggesting the nuclear power theme aged poorly because it ruined nuclear power's reputation. i'm saying, who gives a flying fuck.

>background characters in popular tv shows used by children to pick on an outsider
>those bullied kids grown up and take revenge in the era of personal backlash

Take heed kids

Are them Muslim family back? I actually like them, and it would be a good way to mess up Milhouse even further

What is a time Flanders has ever been bigoted?

Well, some people think it's good.
>Reliable as coal but CO2 neutral as wind.
I'm not sure about that but some do think so.

Yes, but for the most part of a short joke.

The only times I can recall he's ever been anything close to 'bigoted' is how he used to shelter his kids in the early show

Is that brainlet argument that if you talk about a successful old movie or celebrity it becomes immeditally dated

They make references to movies and shows even people in the 90s didn't remeber anymore. This was at a time people could just watch an old twilight zone episode on demand.

the issue is about execution
The evil twin episode is ten times more popular than Basket Case (what it was a parody of) ever was and it's a great episode.

Treehouse of Horror stopped making fun of classics and started making fun of newer horror movies... that get forgotten quickly. They age poorly.

Same with celebrity cameos. "Hey everyone, we've got a flavor of the month actor!" It's bad when it first airs, and it ages like bananas in the sun.

> it was saying trans women are predators trying to get close to women.
That's true though.

Her name`s Mina Bin Laden, from season 20, episode 7, "Mypods and Broomsticks". Get drawing that smut user and let us see what you can do.

Muslims shouldn’t expect to see themselves portrayed in a ‘positive’ way because they are the enemy.

Not in general or even many of them.