On this board...

On this board, you've got people who are like 25 missing cartoons from 2003 and already saying "Ommmgggg lieeek i feel so old and nostalgic and ancient omg 2003!!! Spy kids! Shrek! Jimmy neutron! Spongebob! So retro ancient!".

That makes me wonder, if 25 year olds already feel so ancient remembering cartoons from 2003, then how must, say, *35* year olds here feel about remembering cartoons from say *1993*?

youtube.com/watch?v=Hurg2uWo06E

Do you feel like ultra-dead ghosts?

Attached: 1525730681683.png (380x349, 77K)

the difference between a 25 yo and 35 yo man saying he is old, it that only one of them truly feels like that, the other just fell for the nostalgia meme

but I wouldn't describe it as >>feeling like ultra-dead ghosts

bump

No, because I can count so things being almost as old as I am doesn't teach me my age.
I was at a friend of 20 years' wedding recently, that made me feel old but that's because I'm a 35 year old gf-less loser.

I think it's genuinely absurd that people in their 20s actually feel like they're old, and that people younger than them act like they're old. Like people act like graduating college makes you no different than a 70 year old. Is this the internet making pop culture change faster that's causing these kinds of outlooks? It's actually weird as hell if you think about it, even just 20 years ago a 25 year old was universally considered young.

>then how must, say, *35* year olds here feel about remembering cartoons from say *1993*?
I feel nothing because at one point in your life you experience some sort of hiatus that disconnects you from Child You. The memories are still there, some of the feelings evoked by things you used to enjoy is still there but you can't do much with those -except feeling a dissonance between the immediate emotional response and the knowledge that that kind of enjoyment is lost. Even if you still like the same things you used to like 25 years ago, even if your reasoning for doing so is still similar, it has a very different feeling to it unless you actively choose to infantilize yourself.

Attached: more to life.jpg (746x718, 214K)

Old is a relative term, and whenever I enjoy things that are more geared towards the current generation of kids/teens, I feel like an aged fuck in comparison despite being only 20-something.

I think it's partly to do with self-centered youth "that is so me!" way to relate to everything. They can't relativize their own situation by looking at others because they can only see themselves everywhere.

>Is this the internet making pop culture change faster that's causing these kinds of outlooks?
Yes

Now you've got older zoomers born in 2000 who played minecraft hating on hyperzoomers born in 2007 who play fortnite

Attached: 1552794149084.png (1101x1211, 794K)

It's the quarter-life crisis at work. Once you graduate college you get hit with that whole "the best years of your life are over" mantra and realize you don't have the limitless potential your parents convinced you that you had anymore.

I don't know why people keep peddling that shit, I don't miss college. Sure work is work but having some freedom and some disposable income (however little) is bretty gud.

38 year old almost wizard here. It only gets worse.

I still hold some hope that I'll pull myself by the bootstraps and get my life back together. The wedding made me feel a little bad but with that came some amount of motivation.

bump

I don't think I have seen anyone say anything even remotely close to this.

Can't you just pay a hooker, or does that not count?

Not that guy, but paying for it would just feel kinda empty, you know?

He said almost wizard despite being past 30, the assumption is that he's had sex, just not a lot.

I see people on Facebook and Buzzfeed acting like the early 2000s are ancient. While it's true they're dated, what does that make the early 90s? Pre-big bang?

What's the point in knowing what I'm missing out on?
I'm not social at all, and living with someone else would most likely drive me nuts. I get all the human contact I need at work, and the occasional family visits.

It never went beyond a single drunken case of second base, but since I can't do pewpewlazors from my fingertips I'm assuming that's enough void my shot at wizardhood.

bump

Every generation is like this, what’s your point? Silent-40s will always be where it’s at anyway.

If anything, I regret getting suckered into college, and now I'm stuck with a $40K debt for useless toilet paper.

>then how must, say, *35* year olds here feel
Like the board culture I enjoyed died about four years ago and I loathe myself for not being able to break the habit of still coming here.

I just think it's funny, people's perspectives. Like if 2003 (web 1.0) is already old to a 25 year old, then what does that make 1993 (borderline pre-internet)?

Yep. Now, the boomer, that was a meme.

I'm 37 and I dont really feel nostalgia for cartoons from my past because:
A) The ones I did like to watch I've downloaded or re-watched semi-recently.
B) Generally, cartoons from my childhood were objectively bad. They were naked cash grabs by corporations and were released with not a lot of consideration given to source material or quality. Hell, at times characters were added to the "story" simply to sell a toy some marketer thought would resonate with kids.

Dispite the overbearing inclusiveness, somewhat stale creativity in terms of design, and retconing of characters to push retarded social issues - cartoons these days are usually pretty good.

Attached: Turtles.gif (640x469, 1.5M)

Nothing because it's before they were born.

>Have sex incel.

this.
increased responsibilities and expectations are stressful, so nostalgia is there as an emotional crutch, like music and art. Crutches aren't necessarily bad unless they become addictions and sources of delusion.
america is a culture that puts mediocre as a goal, and has since the 80s. It's a culture of obedience, and a lack of questions.
the point is that if you watch a youtube clip of a show, you've not seen the gammit of british adult market animation. Tasting a slice of kraft single is not the same thing as trying multiple high quality regional-protected cheeses. You've limited your scope, and have robbed/are actively robbing yourself of a much, much richer life experience.
My advice is so go to tijuana and just sit in a strip club for a half an hour. You'll find that your needs are greater than a starvation diet.

bump

how long until the people who are missing cartoons from 2013 are able to post here?

oh wait

>Imagine actually paying for college

The real term is generalized anxiety, It's just people mistakenly using the wrong word
the only reason we use the phrase "feel old" is because the only way to relate to different people is age difference.
Instead of "old" you should say "scared" or "powerless" or "dissatisfied".

People who were 12 in 2013 are 18

Bump

Huh, anyone here feeling depressed at how fast time flied by? It felt like I just graduated highschool.

if you "grew up" in the late 90s or 00s, you missed a pretty good generation

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-25-14h11m12s650.png (480x360, 94K)

>unless you actively choose to infantilize yourself
Ouch.

>point
You blatantly missed it.
I'm not social and I don't want to be around other people more than I need to, due to work.
If I went and fucked a hooker, there's a risk fapping would no longer cut it for me. Then I'd either have to aquire a girlfriend, which I don't want to, or go fuck whores regurlarly which would be severely detrimental to my finances.

tl;dr: waste of time, effort and money.