Aboriginal Australian characters anyone?

Aboriginal Australian characters anyone?

Attached: courtney-we-bare-bears-94.7.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/12554098
youtube.com/watch?v=dCArkyX9XiA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Beside_Me
amazon.com/Biggest-Estate-Earth-Aborigines-Australia/dp/174331132X
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_stick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha
pinterest.pt/zulk1970/australian-indigenous-architecture/
theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jul/07/budj-bim-indigenous-eel-trap-site-added-to-world-heritage-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: native_title.jpg (600x400, 197K)

vimeo.com/12554098

Attached: Capturar.png (789x448, 525K)

Attached: Daniel_Illiwara.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Attached: Betty_Clawman.jpg (170x300, 60K)

Attached: 2604200-screen_shot_2012_09_21_at_3.32.54_pm.png (754x960, 1.2M)

Attached: 1418184129860.jpg (960x521, 132K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dCArkyX9XiA

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShho_COdxupWU9DR7EcrG2mBb_k5CTGdf0YYNuJnJDp7xG4h5vHw.jpg (259x194, 12K)

sad that so many anons get it wrong

Attached: 1544024296385.jpg (800x1167, 180K)

Didn't know. Awesome

They're incredibly uncommon outside of Australia in general, so you won't see many in non-Australian works. And for Australians, especially nowadays, unless you're actually Indigenous (and the majority of them are very isolationist), it's PR suicide to even touch them (because you WILL piss someone off). That leaves a small number of actors and an even smaller number of creators. It's kind of unfortunate, because there's a fair amount of potential there, but they take themselves too seriously to be willing to mix it with pop culture.

To be fair many cons out there are selling false aboriginal art or stealing aboriginal art to sell as theirs, so its understandable they're prickly about cultural appropriation.

Talked to a few elders, they're pretty chill and only ask respect when using their stories.

Isn't he voiced by a Maori who also voiced this character?

Attached: IMG_20190825_180427.jpg (2990x3200, 433K)

Yep, its like America can't tell Oceanian cultures apart.

There was some kids fantasy show on the ABC that was centered around an aboriginal girl who could talk to the ghosts of her ancestors. I've never seen it, so I couldn't tell you if it was good, but there has been a relatively recent push in the Australian entertainment industry, what with more movies getting filmed in Queensland and Bluey being a pretty big success.

This:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Beside_Me

This was a missed opportunity in the film, I dont think Ive ever seen an Aboriginal Elder in a Hollywood movie

True, but maybe they'll reveal the former Shazam to be an abo and cast him as someone else in the flashbacks.

Which abo actors would you recommend?

Depends on the age. If he was like young then maybe Mark Coles Smith

pretty sure padoga said his bindi oc was half abo
does anyone know if padoga is australian? i love his art

also one of the assasins in samurai jack was abo but they called his digeridoo a flute

Attached: 71130035_p0.jpg (4129x2779, 2.51M)

this guy i mean
also from memory his digeridoo didnt even sound like one

Attached: Jujunga.png (454x816, 388K)

aboroginal tribal myth is really interesting but its not asian or european so its relegated to 'mythologies that noone cares about' bin like a lot of myth

Pic related: aboriginal kryptonite.

Attached: 553770710.jpg (600x600, 66K)

It's gone down well most times its been sent up. Just gotta remove it from its cultural context like the same European and Asian mythology.

hah.

Yeah, surprisingly it usually is done pretty well in DC, hellblazer had a few issues on it as well.

I am aussie and I worry if they actually went with it both sides would bitch about it, right cause they hate abbos half the time, and left cause there is some shit bout permissions on needs to get for aboriginal stuff at times, though im not sure how specific the myth has to be

The stupidest, most worthless humans to ever exist.

Dumbass. You're the worthless one

That Netflix show with the frogs.

>40,000 years of uninterrupted history.
>Invented a stick.
>Whitey shows up and improves the stick.

DON’T BE RAMA RAMA

Lol:

amazon.com/Biggest-Estate-Earth-Aborigines-Australia/dp/174331132X

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_stick

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha

pinterest.pt/zulk1970/australian-indigenous-architecture/

theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jul/07/budj-bim-indigenous-eel-trap-site-added-to-world-heritage-list

>The word may also be used by Europeans to refer to the shoes worn by the Kurdaitcha, which are woven of feathers and human hair and treated with blood.
That sounds extremely uncomfortable.

Maybe, but they do look stylish

Attached: 4429218452_e2f4c1d8df.jpg (500x332, 87K)

Don't forget orca domestication

How come they always draw abos like they are african? They are different.

looks like a regular US urbanite nigger to me. Abos are short, tubby, with a prominent brow, enormously large nose and little soulless eyes. plus they're dumber than the average nigger, they can't even cook their food and must be reminded constantly not to shit on themselves to keep the bugs away. those petrol sniffing wankers are just burned neanderthals, they are unfit for depiction as humans

Aboriginals have been making bread long before europeans.

OP is pretty different from the black characters in the rest of the show

Maybe if Oceanian cultures did anything of importance other than shitting out a buff actor every few score years...

Reminder that Aboriginal dot art was invented by a German guy in the 70s.

Mass abuse of slash and burn agriculture is hardly an achievement for abbos

Considering that resulted in parks continent wide and agriculture far more sustainable than european one, you're a dumbo

What's with burgers and thinking ignorance is a virtue?

His Didgeridoo also had flutelike holes