In a world where superheroes are real, would the old religions still exist?

In a world where superheroes are real, would the old religions still exist?

i mean why worship jesus, Alláh, Buddha and other gods with no proof of their existence when you have REAL GODS flying around and curing people with their powers, technology or magic?

Attached: god.png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

Superman doesn't want to be worshiped user. But sure as hell people would anyway. And then something horrible would happen.

Attached: 64f.jpg (623x414, 65K)

IIRC in Homecoming, in one scene, you could see a small church dedicated to Thor in the background.

Why wouldn't people be religious? In Marvel/DC, the supernatural existing is simple fact. It requires less suspension of disbelief than it does in the real world.

Yes. Because faith is not something that's easily shaken.

Even the Marvel Universe implies that there's still one and only God above all despite all the competition, be He named Yahveh, Allah, or Jack Kirby.

That's basically starlight whole deal.
Capes for Christ
>God gave you these gifts
In fact she doesn't even have a problem with God, just religion or specifically the people that run it.

Attached: The-Boys-Annie-Erin-Moriarty-Starlight-e1558981750550.jpg (750x422, 25K)

I imagine that confirming the existence of alien life would blow up a lot of religious teaching. Buddhism and similar religions that are more philosophical would remain, I assume, but it'd be harder to argue for an earth-centric cosmology when you have aliens running around.

Then again, you also have magic and demons. So people will be able to cherry pick whatever evidence they might need for whatever argument they want.

Would miracles being possible in the current day make people less inclined to believe that miracles happened in the past?
It'd shake up religions for sure but you'd still see way more of it and way more religious people.

In a world where superheroes exist, those deities likely also exist.

Religions have always been about death. And superheroes don't change the fact that everyone dies.

Superheroes and the deities that do show up are more reminiscent of the Greek gods (flawed and mortal), so you still have to hope there's some omnipotent big dude to solve all your problems. It's not like you could pray for Thor to cure your grandmother's cancer

Herd mentality birthed the idea of the hero and superhero. "I hope someone ELSE solves this problem." Its wrong for the majority to sit idly by and assume there's always someone more capable of solving the world's problems. There isn't. There wont be. And if there was, depending on them as an individual to fix everything will absolutely result in them becoming overwhelmed and defeated. There aren't normal people, heroes and villains: There's just people who have decided to matter, people who haven't, and people who refuse to.

>I imagine that confirming the existence of alien life would blow up a lot of religious teaching.
Not really. You'd just get holy rollers out trying to convert aliens.

People have been pretty good at explaining away perceived contradictions in their theology for millennia now. Superheroes, especially in the context of The Boys aren't even contradictory since they're about as incompatible with god as an lcd tv.

What if ayys show up with their own religion, one that has parallels with an existing Earthican one? I'd imagine a lot of religious folk seeing that as proof and going "I told you so"

DESU if superheroes did exist, there are two ways religion can be involved
>If the supes are born with powers that'd 100% confirm the existence of Gods and would imply that Jesus Christ was the first superhero. That would also lead the way for the likes of Aliens and super natural entities to also be confirmed to exist. Which would be kinda scary
>If it's like The Boys and the superheroes are just a bunch of steroid junkies, it'd basically be how we know the world today except with the Added benefit of Superheroes.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

I just don't understand why the guy that stretches was tapped for the Jesus Saves gig by Vought. Homelander, Starlight and the girl with wings all make sense. Ezekiel does not.

Easy there, Lex.

>i mean why worship jesus Buddha
In a world capes are real people would argue those were some sort of proto-Superheroes since they were humans with miraculous skills, and remenber that in DC and Marvel there are gods.

Go back to your room Zack, no one wants your movies anymore.

Honestly I think TV Homelander does a better evil Supes than the DCEU or Brightburn.