Fantastic Four / X-men

Other than that one time he was presumed dead from fighting Onslaught; how come Richards Richards never let Franklin study at Xavier’s?

Isn’t that also a huge PR hit to the X-men given that Reed and Storm are Earth’s most famous parents of a mutant kid?

Attached: E01F5B6D-BA8C-4275-A6EB-9332B1D99194.jpg (469x608, 78K)

Considering xaviers track record with reality warpers Franklin is fine where he is

Maybe because they wouldn’t feel comfortable sending their kid to a boarding school that is regularly attacked/exploded/militarized/mind controlled/outright disbanded to create an isolationist mutant nation?

Plus it’s the Fantastic Four dude. Reed can build the best possible equipment and training facilities while providing the best possible education, while the rest of the family provides an excellent support system for Franklin.

And that’s the key word: family. The X-Men are primarily for mutants without a home and rejected by the world, hence the X in the name. Franklin doesn’t need that, he’s actually incredibly well adjusted for being the omnipotent architect of the multiverse.

He has studied there before

Reed is the smartest man on the planet he knows sending his son to xaviers he would just have him be a child soldier and spend his youth half learning from way dumber people and the other half training to die from a sentinel attack
home schooling him is not only more beneficial but he can also go on adventures way beyond the confides of racial prejudice

I need something from the F4 in my AU 10 a superheroes got their act together Marvel universe.Any advice?

Reed: I just don't like how Xaxier tries to shove his ideology down everyone's throat. I mean we get it, you're mutants.

I don’t really know what you’re asking

Is about a Marvel AU where all the superheroes worked together more and stop having fights against each other.

Ah ok then. Well here’s what I’m thinking:

A lot of people write AUs where Reed and his inventions create a technological utopia, but the key themes of the FF are discovery and unity. Coming together as one to see all the amazing and fantastic things that the multiverse has to to offer.

So in this AU, instead of the Avengers being founded as a separate team, the FF instead decide to branch out with the Foundation much earlier in their history. Aspiring enhanced individuals are fostered and trained within the Baxter Complex as a means to better educate and hone their innate abilities, while each has the opportunity to improve the world or enhance scientific understanding.

Obviously there’s still external threats, but when you have something centered specifically around scientific inquiry and less conflict driven superheroics, you get a much more collaborative superhero community.

Pretty much this.
Also, Xavier's Academy isn't the safest place. How often has it been attacked?
Doom's Castle is a much better choice for the Richards' children, under Uncle Victor's watch.

I plan on the The X-mansion is where all the young superheroes train.
The F4 focus on education about the rescue work,science and exploring and the X-man focus on education about battling?

Based Latveria poster, Doom approves

Attached: god emperor.jpg (336x336, 21K)

Kinky utbwiuld boil down to Chuck learning how powerful Franklin is and wanting to recruit him as a child solider in a dumb ass race war that would put Franklin into the side that wants to eradicate his parents and sister

He's a Richards. They're too good to interact with those filthy muties. Hell, Reed can just say Franklin got his powers from residual cosmic radiation in Sue's womb and nobody would ever bat an eye.

>He's a Richards. They're too good to interact with those filthy muties. Hell, Reed can just say Franklin got his powers from residual cosmic radiation in Sue's womb and nobody would ever bat an eye.
But Franklin is a open mutant.

And nobody has ever dared raise a fist in violence against him.

Franklin has pretty much anything he needs at home. He has friends, teacher (Reed) and Family along with getting to be on a Superhero team already. He doesn't need Xavier and his X-Men.
That's because if they did, they would never be seen or heard from again.

Attached: Hey you ever killed a guy before.png (1280x644, 973K)

Xmen needs to be its own universe.

This is such a dumb question.

Normally, you wouldn't send kids to a boarding school unless you were:
>Trying to get them a great opportunity
Franklin Richards doesn't need more opportunity.
>Having trouble controlling them
Franklin is well behaved, and his powers are even better controlled at home than they would be at the X-Mansion. Don't @ me, mutie supremacists.
>You don't want them around because your spouse is doting on them too much
Neither thing is too much of a problem.

The only reason to send Franklin would be to make friends, but I sure as fuck wouldn't send my kids to a school that gets attacked by lunatics and blown up 3x a year just to make friends. I'd send him to fucking summer camp, which is what the Richards do.
Oh and now the Richards run their own boarding school for powered kids that isn't tinged with racial supremacist bullshit, right in the same building.

You know the Future Foundation(which accepts not just mutants but all special children) is in the building, and that Artie and Leech are his oldest friends, right?

No, you don't, because x-tards are x-tarded.

>Oh and now the Richards run their own boarding school for powered kids that isn't tinged with racial supremacist bullshit, right in the same building.
What if good Moms and Dads of mutants kids what the kids going to the F4 school and the X-man start to get upset?

If the X-Men are in their own universe, then the humans's fear about being replaced or overpowered isn't irrational bigotry, it's valid.
It's only irrational racism if it's irrational, and having Hulk and Spider-Man and Captain America around means their fears are stupid, which is crucial to everything the X-Men franchise is about.

If the X-Men get upset, whatever. The girl scouts are mad that the Boy Scouts are going to start taking girls, but no one really cares.
If they attack or kidnap the mutant children, then the X-Men are villains.

Do anyone have an image of the F4 school?I want to make a thread.

It's in the Baxter Building.

The Hulk, Spider-Man and Captain America are individuals, not races. People DO hate the Hulk, and sometimes hate Spider-Man, but they're not an existential threat that's set to replace humanity like mutants are. This isn't difficult to understand.

Mutants are not a separate , species, race, ethnicity,.The closest being in the real world in a in DNA abnormalities.

What's not difficult to understand is that if there are other powered people then mutants don't mean "game over" for humanity. It means you could acquire powers, it means your children might not be born in Magneto's camp for flatscans. Sure, maybe mutants will be the future, but there's still hope for everyone else.

Franklin isn't an x-gene mutant which means most of their villains wouldn't be trying to kill him which means he absolutely can't be allowed to interact with the X-men or else you start to realize that shit like the Inhumans are mutants and the entire idea of one specific type of mutation being a target of universal hate instead of all mutants is fucking stupid.

He is an x-gene mutant.

Both Spider-Man and Hulk have hereditary powers. They're as much a race as x-gene mutants. Peter specifically stands a really fucking good chance of replacing humanity because his powers are always inherited due to them being magic. Gamma freaks can have fertility issues.

But seriously, in a few thousand years, the earth will just be all spider-people.

No he fucking isn't. He was born with an inherited cosmic radiation mutation. He isn't a fucking x-gene mutant.

If he had been, Sue or Reed would have to have been too. Or else Sue cheated with an x-gene mutant, possibly one that rules an aquatic kingdom and has been lusting after her historically.

He is.

>If he had been, Sue or Reed would have to have been too.
So you don't know the most basic elements of how mutants work in the MU.
You're completely fucking disqualified from talking about this subject.

>So you don't know the most basic elements of how mutants work in the MU.
Assuming you're talking specifically about x-gene mutants, a hereditary genetic modification inserted into the human genome by Celestials known as the x-gene becomes active, usually during puberty. The gene can remain inactive through life, but must at least be present for someone to manifest mutant powers as a traditional mutant.

More broadly in canon, a mutant is anyone born with powers, although you get into blurred lines territory with modified embryos.

Mutants can be born to mutant or non mutant ("baseline") parents.
This is a fundamental, core element to the franchise.

Also, for hereditary powers that require activation, you're considered a mutant even before your powers manifest. It's in part a consideration of capacity. You see that with Inhumans and x-gene mutants alike.

>Mutants can be born to mutant or non mutant ("baseline") parents.
The x-gene doesn't appear from nowhere, m8. Mutants are ONLY born from mutants. More to the point though, Franklin specifically has been described as getting his powers from the impact of the cosmic radiation on his parents.

Attached: 1539780084211.png (174x375, 76K)

See
There's nothing to discuss. Sue and/or Reed must carry whatever genes are required, and yet still allow them to be not mutants, like the literally hundreds (and implied millions) of non-mutant parents of mutant children, like the Guthries, the Greys, the Xaviers and more.

>Mutants are only born from mutants
This has literally never been true.

He lost the 1 in 4 roll. It happens. I said mutants are only born from mutants, not only mutants are born from mutants.

>Sue and/or Reed must carry whatever genes are required, and yet still allow them to be not mutants
Just carrying the gene would make them a fucking mutant, dipshit. A mutant with inactive powers still has mutant DNA. Not everybody has their powers activate.

2 parents with no x-gene cannot have a mutant child. Period.

>The X-Men are primarily for mutants without a home and rejected by the world, hence the X in the name.
Actually, X-Men refers to them having eX-tra power.

Same reason X-Men will not let Lizard's reptile kids study there. Mutants only.

To be clear, a x-gene mutant child. There are other kinds of mutants in Marvel, like Franklin and the Inhumans.

That doesn't work. They must, they have, they can.
You are wrong. The end.

>the x-gene isn't a thing
Where did Yea Forums go so wrong?

Non-mutants with powers are referred to as Mutates.
Franklin has always been a MUTANT.

He's sort of a mix from already powered parents and the cosmic control rod amping him up to reality warping levels. It's the reason why he is powered and Valeria isn't

>The x-gene isn't a thing
I didn't say that, you staggering retard.

But whatever it is, it absolutely cannot be a single gene passed hereditarily. That would be a staggering retcon that flies in the face of the entire franchise.
And also insane, since the entire race got restarted from *different fucking people* after AVX.

Parents exposed to mutation often have mutant children, like Beast.
Solar radiation increases mutant births, iirc.

>And also insane, since the entire race got restarted from *different fucking people* after AVX.
What?

Hey quick, did mutants who lost their powers after House of M all get them back after AvX, or was it totally different people that got them and people who were depowered former x-gene holders, like Artie and David Alleyne, left out?

Oh wait, it was that second one. You get Goldballs, but Dani Moonstar is fucked.

Wait, why did Gary Busey suddenly turn into a chimp in the last panel?

That was weird how the X-Men refused Lizard's kids but will accept Carol, Kid Gladiator etc.

Might be more interesting to see the X-Men cause some problems in the Richards family by begging them to let Franklin go there but constantly turn down Valerica because she is an ordinary nonpowered flatscan.

Attached: 06.jpg (1987x3056, 1.41M)

Do we know that Curt isn't lying there to keep his family together?

Because, as skeptical as I am of the X-Men and their supremacist bullshit, it seems unusually shitty of them to not take him in and very in character for Curt to try to keep him.

>Non-mutants with powers are referred to as mutates.
Actually mutate refers to someone that got their powers by being exposed to something. They were mutated. A mutant is someone with native powers.

That's the difference between the two. Inhumans are considered a type of mutant because their ability to transform when exposed to Terrigen is inborn. Not everyone with powers by birth is an x-gene mutant. Eternals and Deviants are more examples of non-x-gene mutants.

>That would be a staggering retcon that flies in the face of the entire franchise.
The x-gene is a fairly significant part of the fucking franchise, m8. I can't help it that you don't read comics.

I doubt most writers even know that whatever the fuck the school's currently called actually accepts non-mutants and even had an exchange program with another local school at one time.

Course there's a difference between accepts and has applicants. To my knowledge, they've only ever had one non-mutant attendee excluding fucks that got depowered. School's kinda notorious as a death trap.

>Just carrying the gene would make them a fucking mutant, dipshit
You do realize genes can be dormant, right? It works that way in real life too.
Carrying the x-gene doesn’t make you a mutant, your x-gene activating does.

Attached: CE1A176D-11B2-443E-84A0-617EB12B752E.jpg (1073x1600, 527K)

Even not thinking of all the times it's been blown up or stomped by robots, Franklin isn't old enough.

Carrying the x-gene is what makes you a mutant. having it active is what makes you a mutant that has any hope of defending themselves. The mutation is the fucking x-gene (set aside that it's a Celestial experiment). It's like how you're a fucking Inhuman even if you haven't been exposed to terrigen.

They only accepted Carol because of what Rogue did to her.

You're being deliberately obtuse. The X-Gene existing is not being debated. That you have a wrong idea of how it works is not only fact, but a necessary, irreducible fact.
The X-Gene existing is as old as dirt. It being a constantly active, everyone who has it is a mutant powers or not, sex linked dominant gene is a: new, and b: something that simply cannot be reconciled with the way things have been portrayed in the comics, nor with real life genetics or demography.
That non-mutants can have mutant children is a core concept going right back the the absolute dawn of the franchise. If every mutant child had a mutant parent and there were 16 million mutants on Genosha at one point, that would mean there were many millions of mutants on Earth since prehistory, that cerebro would be almost completely useless, and we'd need another explanation for the mass manifestation of powers in recent history- although "children of the atom" might gain relevance.
No, I'm going to stick with "you read one comic and you liked it so it's true even if it's dumb"

That’s like saying that someone has hemophilia just because they’re capable of having kids with the disease.

If that were true and the X-Gene was a part of prehumans, then literally every human on Earth would have it

>Mutants are ONLY born from mutants.
Sam Guthrie says "lolno."
As do pretty much every mutant born before the 80's.

All people, mutant or flatscan have the X gene, you fucking nonce. This is part of the reason the Sentinels keep on turning on their flatscan masters.

>then literally every human on Earth would have it
Nah. Every human on Earth is probably descended from at least one mutant, but they've got plenty of nonmutant ancestry. Odds are very good they inherited DNA that didn't contain the x-gene. Think about it.

Male mutant+human=50:50 kids are mutant
Female mutant (1 x-gene)+human=50:50 kids are mutant, kids will only have 1 x-gene
Female mutant (1 x-gene)+male mutant=75:25 kids are mutants
Female mutant (2 x-genes)=mutant kids

It's not like the genes are gonna spread like wildfire. Plenty of human bloodlines will remain in every generation.

Also it is true. Why are we debating canon?

>Proceeds to not understanding gatekeeping, genetics, speciation, founder effect, or just really any aspect of biology or ecology past a shallow remembrance of an old Time Magazine article
Please, dipshit, your freshman biology punett squares are not what I'm going on.
>It's true
It's not, though.
It's never been said that only mutant parents can have mutant children. Ever. You cannot find it or show it, because it is not true. And if you did find it, I could then show you all the times non-mutant parents didn't show up. Or mutants who were confirmed not to have it later turned out to have it. Or all the times the X-Gene was said not to be a single gene or even gene complex, directly contradicting your impossible pile of dipshittery.
Of course, I don't have to, because it's never been fucking said.