Superheros as a concept are inherently conservative. No matter what views the characters or authors claim to espouse...

superheros as a concept are inherently conservative. No matter what views the characters or authors claim to espouse, they're still using physical might to stamp out crime as it occurs instead of attempting to prevent it through social means.

Attached: ECsSLm6W4AEeogy.jpg (389x308, 28K)

Fuck off asshole. I know what you're doing.

>they're still using physical might to stamp out crime as it occurs
like wanting to punch nazis?

That's just spotlight bias. We want to see stories with fight on them. Plus, what good are superpowers for charity work?

ah i see you subscribe to the idea of alan moore 'superpowers are fascist' school of stupid

Are y97 a ret

It's not like superheroes always fight petty criminals. Supernatural enemies are also common.

Liberal Witchcraft

I don't know why you think the second thread is going to last any longer but as I was saying:

>>I would phrase it as "conservative ideals are heroic ideals" but you are correct. Stop phrasing it like a shitpost, it's an interesting thought.
>>"conservative ideals are heroic ideals" but you are correct.
>He's not. Look at how many leftists think themselves as heroes fighting the big bad trump. There is nothing inherently conservative in a hero
No I mean philosophically. There's a book called The Iron Dream that's a what if about the idea of Hitler writing a fantasy novel, and all the recurring themes they have

Attached: GURPS in theory and in practice.jpg (600x488, 303K)

Nazism isn’t “conservative” it demands radical change

I get that you're not intelligent enough to know what this means, but the Conservatives were some of the most fervent opponents of Nazism and Fascism.

I've always liked the whole "Superheroes as an Ultra-Libertarian" concept myself. An embracing of Might Makes Right for better aims.

reminds me of the people who want minorities in videogames like COD and shit, you are still playing as some armed enforcer of the established social order but at least you are a disabled black lesbian

That's the opposite of "conservative" user.
You could call it reactionary (you oppose the conservative notion everything should stay as it is and want to violently go back)
or you could call it radical (you oppose the conservative status quo and think things should violently change)

>attempting to prevent it through social means
Go back to your sjw twitter shitposting, libtard. I'm sure you feel great talking about corporations being bad while you sip on a 10 dollar Starbucks drink

Criminals deserve to be executed with extreme Violence

Attached: e47.png.jpg (814x578, 102K)

What if the superhero is tackling crime by using their superpowers to prevent it through social means?

Attached: AllStarSuperman.jpg (619x744, 115K)

Isnt the latest fad among the left beating up anyone who doesnt look like you?

are there any super heroes that just go around aiding strikes and fighting union busters? I'd read that.

>but the Conservatives were some of the most fervent opponents of Nazism and Fascism.

Attached: D6SpI3iWkAAYYP1.jpg (640x480, 43K)

STOP MAKING TROLL THREADS

*Blocks your path

Attached: Superman_iv.jpg (257x386, 29K)

You have no earthly idea what the word conservative means

Go back to /pol/

You're intentionally retarded.

>"Superheroes as an Ultra-Libertarian"
>Superheroes
>People who go around doing deeds for the benefit of the community they're in without obtaining any kind of profit for themselves
>Libertarian

Attached: Batman-laugh.jpg (354x404, 47K)

This thread again. Delete.

sage because obvious pol bait, but OP actually has something slightly related to comics to discuss
>using physical might against crime rather than preventing it socially is conservative
Not even remotely. You're conflating the policy differences of the American right wing as compared to the left wing as conservative vs liberal when that's simply not the case.

Conservatism is attempting to keep things as they are. Liberalism is trying to enact change.

Vigilantiism is inherently reactionary at best, and the rest is down to the individual and what they want to accomplish/prevent

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Conservative in which sense? There are many different usages of the word.
like this for example, by typical American colloquial usage, Nazis are a conservative ideology but there are obvious uses of "conservative" that are not at all applicable to the Nazi party.

I mean, it depends on your posture. If you see crime as the norm, you'd interpret a superhero doing things as trying to enact change. If you see crime as a disruption of the way society works, a superhero taking action to solve or prevent it is conservative.

Bravo as ever, mods.

>Plus, what good are superpowers for charity work?
Beta Ray Bill spent months using his powers to help homeless aliens build houses.

I can feel it coming

It doesn't work that way, you have to go more granular.

Is he attempting to clean up the streets and make a change in the community? Liberal. Is he trying to prevent a carastrophe? Conservative. Etc. Etc.

Of course that's all a stretch anyway and calling either action or vigilantiism as a whole "conservative" or "liberal" is retarded American horseshit

Americans are fucking awful at identifying and naming ideologies. Dumb cunts actually think the dems are left wing.

Correct. Nazism seek to address class struggle while maintaining class structure through mediation of an all-powerful and all-controlling State acting as an impartial arbitrator who balances the demands of workers and bosses within the context of the demands of the State. Conservatism within the context of the early to mid-20th century mean monarchism and temporal religious authority, of which Nazism was directly opposed, and conservatism within the current context means deregulated, laissez-faire economics, religious-based lawmaking, and globalist economic systems, of which Nazism was directly opposed. There is a reason why Nazism, and fascism (which is a distinct concept), presents itself as a third position on a political spectrum, because it doesn't fit well on the classic left/right dichotomy.

Fuck off please

tl;dr
Kill yourself

I'm just gonna set fire to this pile of garbage and...

Brainlet can’t read

MODS

You're confusing objectivism with libertarianism.

This

"worth opposing, but like, inherently"

Go back to pol

Why are you reposting my reply to someone else as its own thread you fucking loser

>posting bors
lol cringe retard

Attached: based_throw 1.png (625x605, 49K)

If this is your opinion, you are also a giant loser.

Seething

Anytime now. Like a distant train.

>is he attempting to clean up the streets and make a change in the community
How the fuck is this mutually exclusive to liberal you tad wrangler?

TAD WANGLERS

>posting a literal nazi's comics
Go away

He's conflating ideal libertarianism with the way actual libertarians operate, but either way being a vigilante is all about enforcing your will on others and stripping them of agency. It couldn't possibly be less libertarian of a concept.

Learn english before posting at me again

THESE THREADS ARE KABUKI THEATRE COORDINATED BY RIGHTIST DISCORDS

tard wranglers. Thank you for following my Twitch account sweeties.

You're missing the point. You cannot clean up the streets and make a change in the community by responding to crimes in progress the way Spider-Man or Batman do, for example. You're simply maintaining the status quo. No effort has been made to prevent crime, you're simply preventing further negative change.

Requesting air strike.

>I don't read comics
Cool fucking story, bro.

>oh no the bad men made me think about how people's actions might differ from their words
welcome to the real world, kiddo

You're a shill so...

what am is shilling?
The only product mentioned in this thread is comic books, and I'd never suggest you actually pay money for them

What about when Supes threw all the nukes into the sun?

Attached: 4.gif (500x214, 182K)

Go back to pol, incel.

Superman is a boring superhero

>superheros as a concept are inherently conservative.
False.

it's actually true
don't take my word for it, there's over 50 years worth of strict adherence to status quo for you to draw upon.

That's not what is being asked.

Are the pennies worth your time, shill?

>superheros as a concept are inherently conservative. No matter what views the characters or authors claim to espouse, they're still using physical might to stamp out crime as it occurs instead of attempting to prevent it through social means.
In what sense is that "conservative", that's just plain vigilantism without trial.
The state grants you a trial with a chance to defend yourself. You can even sue the state if things go your way. How many times has a superhero successfully gotten sued outside The Incredibles?

what do you think the word "shill" means?

Superheroes follow the NAP. They won't fight a villain unless the villain has done harm to others and poses a threat. You don't see the X-Men beating up anti-mutant protestors, only people that actively try to kill mutants.

Not that user but OP appears to be part of the political astroturfing that has been happening non-stop since 2015.

Yup. A pol shill.

Its conservative in the sense that they're not actually fighting crime. They're just fighting criminals.
They catch bad guy and throw him in jail, the bad guy gets out five or ten issues later and it starts over again.
This is almost never addressed, and the heroes are ultimately portrayed as correct to act this way.

You are intentionally retarded

>Its conservative in the sense that they're not actually fighting crime. They're just fighting criminals.
Is this a political divide in America or something? This doesn't seem conservative or liberal in the sense that I understand it, it just seems shortsighted.

One of the She-Hulk runs dealt a lot with that with Hercules being sued by Constrictor for excessive violence and Constrictor winning

Maintaining the status quo is by definition conservative. Superheroes as voluntary operators are agents of this status quo.

How can Superman be liberal? He grew up as a farm boy in Kansas? He'd be pretty conservative at heart.

Attached: 0_22Eo-9AacjE1NfUZ.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

You're also intentionally retarded

Unless you're Nu-Marvel.

Except someone like Batman is actively changing the status quo of where he lives, which would otherwise be corrupt and crime-ridden.
It still is, because otherwise you've got no stories, but his aim is to change it.

INCEL THREAD

Not an argument coward.

He's a liberal journalist, user, read his pieces.
That is, if you're into the conspiracy theory that Superman and Planet reporter Clark Kent are in fact one and the same.

No one should ever grant a rightist an argument. Stay on your containment board.

That was a solid run, although it was kind of parodying superheroes (superhero comics being submitted as evidence).
Not paying attention to society when thinking about tackling crime is the status quo? Hasn't it stopped being the status quo for a few decades?