Space Rocks and Space Shrooms, weird reflections

This was just some oddball thoughts I was having but I started thinking about the Gems from Steven Universe (Namely the Homeworld Gems) and the Orks from Warhammer 40,000 and all the ways they seem to be mirror opposites on each other.

They're both basically asexual but one focuses on male identities while the other is female identities.

The leaders are the biggest and strongest among them.

They're both artificially created in one way or another. The Orks are an out of control bio weapon unleashed upon the galaxy eons ago and I strongly suspect the Gems have a similar origin just based on what we've seen.

Both seem to be out for personal conquest of their galaxies simply because it's in their nature to do so.

I'm sure it's all coincidence.

Then I kinda started wondering how a fight between them would go. We don't have a lot to go off of with the Gems but I don't think they would do too bad in the long run.

Attached: GemOrkCompare.png (680x289, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Q'Orl
youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it's a space battle the gems win unless they get within close range of the ork ships, on solid ground the orky boiz would shatter every single rock they come in contact with

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!

Itz prununzt WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHG!!!!!!!!

>I'm sure it's all coincidence.
I legit think it's coincidence because I honestly don't believe Sugar is talented enough to pull off that level of theft nor based enough to read up on 40k.

If we were to go off both sides being at their peak, then Orks would steamroll the Gems no problem.

During the War of the Beast, the average Ork soldier was the size and strength of a space-marine, they had managed to convert several moons into a fleet of gravity-weapons that crippled planets, shattered the Imperial Fists in one swift move, brought the Imperium of Man to its knees, and was that much of a threat they forced Chaos to ally with the Imperials to stop them. Even with the entire Gem Empire and all four diamonds working together, they still couldn't stop them.

Attached: Ork_Beast.jpg (720x960, 149K)

Should have specified. I was thinking more along the lines of a planetary battle.

I'm sure the Orks would win but I think the Homeworld Gems could put up a fight. Especially with their fusion stuff. Might even push them to try more desperate tactics.

I don't think the Orks would shatter them outright. I can see the Orks picking up the gemstones as little prizes because "Oi! Shiny Rock!" and all that. Then they find out the Gems reform and suddenly they're seen as portable enemies they can toss out and have a fight with whenever they want to. Might even bully the Peridots into being pseudo-Gretchen.
Then the Mek Boyz get a hold of them and start turning the Gems into little power sources for various new weapons.

orks are gonna steamroll them. Gems are pretty low-tier as far as interstellar empire power rankings go. mostly since we've only seen them interact with one other species.

Yeah, all good points.

>Might even bully the Peridots into being pseudo-Gretchen.
I never knew I needed this in my life before now

>Orks launching Peridots into space at diamond ships

did you know that warhammer 40k has something sort of similat to crystal gems? they use shadow instead of light to fuel their powers

> The Umbra are not an organism in the standard sense, as no obvious means of motion, respiration, digestion nor excretion are evident. It is speculated that the sphere image is merely a small refection of the whole creature, with the rest of the true form existing in another dimension other than the prime material. They are comprised of an outer shell made of an unknown glossy, brittle and untextured substance showing swirling pearlescent patterns. An inner cavity is below this and surrounds a liquid core of impossible to analyse white liquid that appears non-Newtonian, prone to random solidification and variation in density, and seems to be frictionless

> The Umbra can manipulate areas of shadow like oil to form shadowlimb weapons seen as hooks, blades, teeth and the like.

>Upon death the Umbra have been witnessed to utter a psychic deathshriek into the minds of those nearby. In the case of a dissection of an Umbra specimen, this was experienced as intense cranial pain accompanied by a flicker of images showing a humanoid figure splintering apart, a warpstorm and deep space, and finally followed by a single word: "Linger". The swirling pattern of the Umbra shell is also observed to become inert upon death.

in typical grimderp fashion they do stuff like manifest their shadow limbs in the darkness behind someones cornea and kill them from the inside out.

Attached: Umbra_in_battle.jpg (666x651, 130K)

ZA ORKS STOMP DEM PUNY GROTS AND USE DEM SHINY ROCKS TAH OUTFITZ DA RIDES SO ZEY SHOOTZ BETTAH AND GO FASTAH!

Actually I find comparing the gems with transformers more interesting
>Made made from an inorganic material
>Dominated by one gender but reproduce asexually
>Had long wars that brought them to earth to continue fighting
>both are able of shapeshifting and fusioning.

Attached: 1469001422925.jpg (500x880, 134K)

I'm glad other people see the comedy potential in this.

That was actually an initial comparison that crossed my mind.

>Dominated by one gender but reproduce asexually.
Well, as far as we know, they both go through a manufacturing process of sorts to reproduce. Unless the Gems have a more natural way.

If White Diamond was the original Gem and she made all the early Gems, I suppose you could consider her the Primus counterpart. Still leave the question of if she evolved on her own or if she was artificially made by someone or something else.

I found the Ork and Gem comparisons more interesting based on how mirror opposite they were.

That's a neat comparison. I hadn't considered the Umbra in that fashion.

Would that make the Homeworld Gems the ancestors of the Umbra?

>The orks start keeping the gems around as fucking Pokemon to fight.

Fund it. Especially if they get into trainer battles with Necrons and their Cthan shards.

yawn

Imagine a fusion like Obsidian fighting vs an Avatar of Khaine

Attached: etikashitshit.jpg (720x405, 21K)

Didn't 40k have something similar to gems in the Yu'Vath, who still got wiped out by the Imperium?

There is also an empire of sentient bug aliens rivaling and living right next door to the Imperium.
Never fleshed out or referenced much of course
1d4chan.org/wiki/Q'Orl

>The Eldar are behind the rise of the Tau Ethereals
>Umbra are the shattered remains of an Eldar god
>Eldar have crystal shit
>Slaanesh worshiping jellyfish
Xenology needs a sequel so damn badly.

FB and 40k Elf's are both the eternal Anglo

The Avatar will initially dominate on the basis of being immune to all "heat and fire" (infrared and visible light, and hot gases). Then any Gem fighter will shift their spectrum to ultraviolet and beyond in order to invisibly bend Khaine over their knee at the cost of possible terrible damage to the gem core, mental trauma, the singing of sad songs, etc.

It will be a good enough scrap to say that the Avatar won't be completing jobbing, but ultimately Little Red can't win.

Is OP an autist, or 12? You decide.

And they're both worshipped by autists

>comparing SU with manchildren fantasy garbage
Keep your neckbeard virgin tabletop game back to /r9k/ pls.

This thread is woefully lacking in dakka.

MOAR DAKKA oughtta put a stop to that!

Attached: MOAR DAKKA.jpg (2007x1614, 783K)

>Some of the gems eventually go native
>Brash as fuck Amythests acting like Orks

There is somebody really salty.
SU is dead and the neckbeard virgin tabletop game is still going on, so there is that

As opposed to the legbeard fantasy garbage of SU?

youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
Dis iz an ORK thred now!

Don’t reply to him, it’s just some false flagging nobody fishing for (you)’s