Why didn't they just name him Cthulu?, HP Lovecraft's work is all public domain now so they could've just done so

Why didn't they just name him Cthulu?, HP Lovecraft's work is all public domain now so they could've just done so

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (853x480, 202K)

>have opportunity to give Vilgax a super cool redesign once he absorbs the Daggon
>just simplify it and make him glow
>Ben literally beats him by poking him with a sword as a human
What were they thinking?

Because he’s not Cthulhu? What does it even add to the character to be renamed to something else?

Maybe they wanted to make an original character.

Censorship. The Real Ghostbusters cartoon had to fight the FCC regarding their version of Cthulhu because it’s technically occult which is a big no no for kids. TRG won the argument because they stated “The Necronomicon isn’t a real book” thus it was allowed

I guess it would somewhat help OP deal with his limited, unimaginative view of the world.

You do not want to engage the autism of the Lovecraft fandom.

Why didnt he just break mount rushmore in his giant form?

Ultimate Alien was shit and honestly is a great example of all the laws in Dwayne McDuffie's writing style

I guess exploring deep theme and writing nuanced characters is shit for you, Go back to Omnishit faggot

what was the name of lovecraft's cat again?

>URRRRR EVERYTHING LOVECRAFTIAN WITH TENTACLES IS CTHULHU

stupid unimaginative entry level faggot

African American Brethren

UNFATHOMABLY DARK-COLORED INDIVIDUALS SMELLING SO HORRIBLE, SPEAKING IN UNINTELLIGIBLE UTTERANCES; AN ELDRITCH BLASHPHEMY OF FOREIGN ACCENTS AND SKIN COLORS. UNIMAGINABLE EBONICS OF SUPREMELY LOW INTELLIGENCE AND ABYSMAL SELF CONTROL. NAUTICAL-LOOKING NEGRO, OH DARK CREATURE FROM BEYOND THE SUBURBS, HORRIBLE AND TWISTED MANIFESTATION OF THE URBAN DEPTHS, WHAT HELLISH UNNATURAL FORCE RELEASED THY SOUNDCLOUDIAN WRATH UPON MY RUGGED SOUL

Attached: 1566064722613.jpg (1400x1400, 182K)

I love that I have no idea if this is for real or not

Gee yeah “soundcloudian” sure sounds like something Lovecraft would’ve written.

Because it's too hard to pronounce.

People always ask for "Hell yeah Innsmouth and Cthulu" references or adaptations but never ask for that weird story where some dude finds a violin from space or "Air-condition is scary" stories.

Because 90% of what he wrote was unintelligible garbage and the 10% that people like is still unintelligible but but no one had written like that before so I guess it is the best thing sense Mary Shelly.

I blame the toy companys for armored ben, but UA was just really shit at designing things in the last half of the show

Tbh I only read the first sentence

Hey, 'Cool Air' is one of my favorites. Along with 'Color Out of Space', 'Re-Animator', and 'The Statement of Randolph Carter'.