Suppose you have a Death Note, And you wanna kill Superman, What fucking do you have to write?, Superman?, Clark Kent?...

Suppose you have a Death Note, And you wanna kill Superman, What fucking do you have to write?, Superman?, Clark Kent?, Kal-El?, What about robots?, Metallo doesn't exactly have a heart anymore so whether or not you write Corben or Metallo what's gonna happen to him?, Or how about Optimus Prime?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x474, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_name
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whatever they identify as
Superman would be Clark Kent

This sounds like a post that Lex would make.

Attached: 1404608793555.jpg (1280x2017, 599K)

Is that dialogue supposed to be that of a dumb teenager?

Batman's birth name is Bruce Wayne, It's his legal name as well, Most people who know both personas call him Bruce BUT a lot stories established that Bruce Wayne is the disguise and Batman is the real persona, Would you have to write Batman?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (460x410, 33K)

The Death Note only kills humans so it wouldn’t kill Superman. Who even knows if it would work on half-humans like Aquaman or Metahumans like Flash.

Didn't Light kill a shinigami

The Death Note just needs you to know the face of the target and have a name to identify them by. It doesn't have to be their legal name, and it doesn't have to be what they call themselves. It just has to be what YOU call them, and specific enough to match the face you know them by. Its why a nickname still works, but a full name without a face to match it still doesn't work, because you know know who that is and if you don't know the book can't kill them for you. Without the intent of the writer to focus it, you would kill everyone in the world with the same name as your target, and it won't do that.

So you can use it on "Superman", because you know his face, even if he thinks of himself as Clark... but only if you think Superman is his actual name. If you think Superman is an alias and he has a secret identity, you have to figure out what that identity is because the book knows you don't know who he really is.

Light forced Rem into sacrificing her life for Misa using Shinigami law.

Batman strikes me as the type of person to have gone out of his way to establish a "true name" for himself to dodge mystical bullshit like the Death Note.

On the off chance that anyone here has no idea what I'm talking about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_name

What? If that were the case, there wouldn't be the plotpoint of Light needing L's real name.

Just fucking take the shinigami eyes, you half-measure pussy.

It's literally stated that whoever used the Death Note can't enter Heaven or Hell, So logically it means either my soul will be destroyed or I go wherever Lobo is, So no, I don't wanna shorten my life span now that I know this is the only life I have, I wanna keep existing

Yes that's how I would end a crossover.
Light: Sorry Bruce, I win. . . Why isn't it working?
Batman: Because I'm Bat-Man!

You write Clark Kent and Kal-El just to be sure.
When everyone was screaming their name backwards to fight Vyndityx or whatever his name was at the end of Morrison's Action Comics run, he yelled out both.

I know this is probably a Bat god meme but that actually made so much sense to me

Doesn’t Silver Banshee do this?

It's also stated that in the Death Note universe, there is no afterlife in the first place.

Superman isn't human and he's probably too strong for a Death Note to work

Death Note literally ends with Light becoming a Shikigami after dying. That's a fucking afterlife.

Shinigami.
And he's not vanishing because he has to experience every death he caused on himself. That's a long and painful list mainly consisting from heart attacks.

>Fanfics

The death note wouldn’t work on Superman. It specifically states the human whose name is written will die. Superman is a Kryptonian, not a human

Youd have to write Clark Kent.
Robots aren't alive so they dont have a soul for the Shinigami to collect, doesn't work.
Cyborgs can be killed, just write in a cause of death. Its only a heart attack if you don't write a cause.
Optimus Prime isn't alive.

Transformers are balls of energy in metal shells though. Not that it'd help with the Death Note situation, but.

It just entirely depends. Barring the rules that the victim has to be a human and have a soul, Light could possibly kill some heroes.
With Superman, it would most likely require Light to write Kal-El.
With Robots like Metallo, it would probably require writing a specific cause of death, it would just depend if the Death Note could determine that a robot's motherboard is basically the equivalent to a heart and brain for the robot.
With shit like Optimus Prime where it's just a sentient ball of energy inhabiting a robotic metal shell, I have no fucking idea.

Well then, transformers gotta be under other shinigami realm jurisdiction. With death bleep-bloops and shinigami cameras.