GARTH ENNIS IS RETURNING TO THE PUNISHER (AND NICK FURY)!

GARTH ENNIS IS RETURNING TO THE PUNISHER (AND NICK FURY)!

In November Marvel will be releasing the first issue of a miniseries called "Punisher: Soviet". Next year they'll be releasing a miniseries called "Get Fury" (with Goran Parlov on art).

No word on whether either of them will be MAX or not, but based on the covers of Soviet it doesn't look like it'll be MAX?

Ennis had said a year or two ago that he was working on a new Punisher MAX miniseries about Castle's 2nd tour of duty in Vietnam. It doesn't look like either of these will be related to that. I don't know if that means that that got cancelled or not.

Attached: punishersovietriveracover.jpg (790x1200, 119K)

Here's the variant cover for that.

Attached: punishersovietburrowsvariant.jpg (791x1200, 151K)

bumping incase anyone on Yea Forums actually reads fucking comics

There's not much to say regardless. I like comics, but I dislike threads where people just gush or wishlist about what they hope for the book. So hopefully they give us a preview soon so we can actually talk about it.

Yea Forums trannies fucking btfo

I'm glad they didn't do that shitty fake cyrillic that everything thats related to the USSR does.

There was a thread earlier today, but I'm not going to argue with those digits.

Which Fury?

Wont be the same without Dillon

Holy fucking digits user, bump this shit more

BASED ENNIS IS BACK BABY

Attached: 132267900517.jpg (294x294, 28K)

parlov is best frank artist. yes dillon has frank face, but it's just a meme, parlov is the GOAT

Given that Ennis is writing it we can assume it'll be original Nick Fury.

Hopefully that GET is a good sign for the quality of these comics.

B&RP, I'm now super down to discuss these books I'll be reading in trade in over a year from now.

Dillon didn't draw Ennis' Punisher MAX, though, he only drew Ennis' Marvel Knights Punisher and Aaron's Punisher MAX.

everyone read the platoon

Attached: F483C8DC-07A3-4CBE-B845-427E0E2157E9.jpg (1041x1600, 412K)

Finally something good from Marvel.

My dude. Parlov is fucking awesome. I'll always have a place in my heart for Dillion but Parlov is on a different level.

I'm partial to Leandro Fernandez when he did a few of the arcs on Punisher MAX.

Dillon never drew MAX, and it's probably fair to assume that these will be MAX given that it's extremely unlikely Marvel will allow Ennis anywhere near their "official" continuity.

The only thing I care about if it will be MAX or SOI

MAX or what?

Oh hey good things are happening again

Attached: Martin.jpg (640x480, 64K)

sucks that its more Ennis/Parlov instead of Milligan/Parlov

>Marvel decides to make a good comic after so many decades
Feels gran', paddy.

Can somebody please tell me the Ennis reading order or essentials for these two. I've only read bits and pieces but been meaning to do it proper, thanks

Write something else Hacknis.

You fool, Punisher is the one thing Ennis can write well

>being this butthurt

Where the fuck are the full November solicitations? What's with this drip feed crap

>essentials for these two

You mean Punisher and Nick Fury?

regular marvel flavor

Attached: pCLR12a.png (1562x1170, 2.02M)

Seriously, it's the second last Thursday of the month, this is bullshit

*notices bulge* OwO what's this?

BASED PUNISHED DIGITS

I'd guess MAX.

Just start with Marvel Knights to ease you in and go from there.

Nick Fury: My War Gone By is a good place to start.

Attached: Old Man Fury.jpg (1249x1920, 551K)

No, I would say save Fury: My War Gone By for the end. It references a lot of previously established characters whose significance will be lost on you if you read it first. Don't get me wrong, My War Gone By is amazing and stands great on its own, but if you want to read all of Ennis Punisher than I'd say My War Gone By works best as a conclusion to all the themes in Punisher.

My recommended reading order would be.
1. Punisher: The Platoon
2. Punisher: Born
3. Punisher: The Tyger
4. Punisher: The Cell
(optional #5) Fury MAX (2001) (this miniseries introduces the MAX version of Nick Fury and plays with a lot of the recurring themes of the Ennis' MAX series, but its overly edgy, jokey, and just not a great read overall. it can be skipped)
5. Punisher MAX #1-49
6. Punisher Presents: Barracuda MAX
7. Punisher MAX #50-60
8. Fury MAX: My War Gone By

We'll see where these next two series fit in. Really, you can just read by the order they were published, but I think the above reading order is the most chronologically correct way to read Ennis' Punisher MAX.

There's also the Marvel Knights Punisher, which is still good, but it takes place in 616 continuity and its drastically different in tone. Definitely still worth a read, but MAX is generally considered the superior of the two.

I likely wouldn't have known without your post, thanks. I'm hyped.

Thank you kindly

Attached: 21FEC585-9644-4ED1-971D-EB8FA24DC3F9.jpg (1255x1302, 522K)

Punisher: Welcome Back Frank should be your first stop. After that comes most of the Marvel Knights ongoing (there's like 6 issues not written by Ennis in the middle, avoid those).

After that it's MAX time UNTIL Valley Forge, Valley Forge, which is the last Ennis-written story.

Stop there, read Punisher: Born, and proceed.
After Forge,you can drop the book because you don't want to see the shit it turned to be after the irish madman left. Get yourself Fury: My War Gone By and Punisher: Platoon instead.

1000% this.