How does the original tmnt end?

how does the original tmnt end?

Attached: 91HlQdTuALL.jpg (1400x2270, 838K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-mirage-comics-and-end-of-world.html
tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/07/mysterious-future-era-of-mirage.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A bunch of story elements were seeded throughout the Mirage comics over the decades in a non linear order and made up as the creators went along. Some guy put the pieces together in a pair of articles a long time ago.

First, global warming destroys the world, but there's like mystical shit involved, too:
>tmntentity.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-mirage-comics-and-end-of-world.html

Then the Turtles all start to hate each other and their family breaks up and they all die miserable and alone:
>tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/07/mysterious-future-era-of-mirage.html

But that's a bunch of future story shit. TMNT Volume 4 was never completed, so we don't know how the contemporary Mirage storylines resolved themselves.

Is the classic TMNT the very definition of SOUL?

Sounds hoplessly grim.

It basically doesn't have a proper ending.

There’s tmnt odyssey made by actual artist who’ve worked on official tmnt media if you want any semblance to a finale, but it’s non Canon.

The first consecutive numbering of issues? The Turtles successfully helps Karai take control of the Foot and they decide to live in peace.

That continuity of TMNT still went on but it's been left unconcluded since 2014....

>Sounds hoplessly grim.

"Cowabunga" is the motto of the cartoon Turtles. "Life, at best, is bittersweet" is the motto of the Mirage Turtles.

Has the original series even been fully collected yet? I bought the first 2 ultimate editions not realising there was 6 of them. Did any of the image stuff get reprinted or was that disavowed?

Attached: received_447065035828504.jpg (2048x1536, 133K)

Untrue!

If you consider stories written by Eastman and Laird as the only proper canon, TMNT #62 was a lovely sendoff for the Mirage turtles.

Attached: TMNT_V1_062_019.jpg (1271x1964, 789K)

This. Every attempt to continue the Mirage storyline past Volume 1 is either incomplete or hugely unsatisfying or both.

Issue 62 was the last TMNT issue Eastman and Laird collaborated on together, so it in a lot of ways it really is the definitive end of the original Mirage turtles.

The first Image trade comes out this year under the title Urban Legends.

The Ultimate Collections are being reissued in soft cover and colorized versions are also available as The Works and Classics. IDW has released most of the Mirage catalog, save Volume 4 (which Laird won't let them touch because he retained all rights to it) and most of Tales Volume 2 (because the first few collections of Tales Volume 2 sold tremendously poorly). There are also a few issues by Rick Veitch they cannot reprint because of rights issues.

>volume three finally gets reprinted
>it's going to be a dogshit IDW coloring job
fucking hell. do they actually think they're improving the material or are most people too tasteless to care and/or tasteless enough to prefer it?

I hate it, too, but it's the only way to get the material reprinted ("Black and white doesn't sell! No, we've never heard of manga, why do you ask?"). We'll also be getting 3 new issues at the end to officially tie up Volume 3, so I'll take it.

Attached: tmntconclusion.jpg (775x960, 234K)

Volume 3's black and white is ugly as fuck. It's way better in color. I'm glad they reprint it in color just because it triggers the B&W autists.

>toddler mutant ninja turtles
But how?

Mikey may or may not have fucked an alien who may or may not have been a princess who proceeded to lay eggs that may or may not have been Mikey's.

We'll never know because Laird will never finish Volume 4.

>During the six months in 2001 when the Utroms were establishing themselves on Earth and aliens began integrating with human culture, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello decided to take advantage of their newfound ability to walk amongst surface dwellers and go for a camping trip. Mike is captured by hideous man-creatures and taken deep within a cave where he meets a Lovecraftian god. The god tells Mike that for every lie man tells, the rocks of their planet crack. Very soon, their world will crumble from the weight of their lies and he must escape its destruction. But first, he’s gonna eat Mike.

>Don and Raph rescue Mike and seal the god deep within his cave alongside his army of man-creatures. Mike thanks Raph for saving him, but Raph just brushes the praise off, promising Mikey, “If there’s one thing you can count on, it’s that we will always be there for each other”. As he speaks those words, however, a large rock begins to crack.
Fuck, that sounds incredible. Gotta check out the TMNT comics.

>Then the Turtles all start to hate each other and their family breaks up and they all die miserable and alone:

That's an exaggeration. Probably only Raphael dies alone.

I really hope 2012 Mona Lisa becomes the new basis of the character moving forward, so he won't always have to die alone.

Not that 2012 mona lisa was amazing, but she's a good concept, and with TMNT that's all you need.

Raph should be the only one to live in the end. Thats the most fitting. He's the one that really needs his family so it's poetic irony.

I feel weird for asking this, but.. what happened to Leo in all of this? Feels like he's barely been mentioned.

Good concept? She literally has an annoying retarded speech impediment. Being an alien also means she cannot just live where Raph is. Also she's very unsexy and I don't like the obvious emasculation bullshit going on with that version of Mona Lisa where Raph is the one carried like a damsel or lifting his leg like a woman whenever they kissed. That version of Mona Lisa is just bad. Very bad. I don't like the original for being an adult human pretending to be a mutant, but at least she was feminine and available it's just that Laird and the writers disagreed on turtle love interests. So she never showed up ever again despite the literal hundreds of episodes that series got.

Fucked Radical (remember her?), became a hermit, lived alone in a mountain for a century, died in his sleep alone.