Remember, you guys are the REAL heroes

Remember, you guys are the REAL heroes.

Attached: 1566288671170.png (1014x570, 830K)

Kino

Predictions on where this is going to go from here?

What an absolute bastard.

downhill

The Brooklyn Bridge.

Nowhere good.

down the shitter

could he eat a live grenade?

I take it a lot of Yea Forums didn't really like this?

>Yea Forums
>disliking the boys be the series or comics
take your newfag smell out of here

I have no idea how the story with Billy's wife could possibly be good.

Absolutely based casting right there

I don't know, there's 0 discussion one way or the other and 4 replies saying is going downhill with no indication as to why. How else am I supposed to take it?

Homelander kills Butcher's wife, takes the kid and tries to raise him to be as much of a monster as he is.

>there's 0 discussion one way or the other
That's what happens when you release all of the episodes at once.

>the other and 4 replies saying is going downhill with no indication as to why
Show changed too much stuff and it's going to hurt it in the long run.

Yeah it is surprising just how much they are deviating from the comic. Anything particular changes you wished they didn't make?

>Anything particular changes you wished they didn't make?
Honestly, I think that most of the big changes shouldn't have been made.
Butcher, Baker Candlestick Maker is not happening unless they pull some heavy bullshit out of their ass, Hughie an Annie's relationship should've been something that was developed over the course of the show not just the first season, The Boys should have Compound V just because not having it changes the backstory of the group, they shouldn't have killed one of the Seven so early, if Homelander is actually the baby's daddy then everything involving BN just went through the fucking window and Butcher wasn't as cunning and smart as he came across in the comics.

On the other hand I really liked Karl Urban as Butcher and the guy playing Homelander was fantastic.

Attached: The.Boys.2019.S01E03.Get.Some.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv-00.35.45.685-#1.png (720x405, 410K)

Homelander is almost too perfect.

The comic, for me, was a bit too overt with how horrible everyone is. And I'm hoping hughie still gets powers in some "forced to do it" way.

>The comic, for me, was a bit too overt with how horrible everyone is
I agree with you, specially when it comes to the earlier volumes but that helped to establish that VA is the reason why almost all supes are complete and total assholes.

I also disliked how there's no nuance or middle-ground with the superheroes. They're all either assholes or delusional and there's no possibility that anyone with super powers could genuinely want to help people or do good. I think it would have added a layer of complexity if there were certain super heroes in this world who are trying to do right but their activities have drastic unforeseen consequences (IE, collateral damage in terms of property damage or bystander casualties).

I get that Ennis was trying to portray superheroes in a semi-realistic light, but the fact that they're 100 percent evil with minimal complexity hinders that. It'd be more shocking to me if one or two of the antagonist superheroes earnestly believed in what they were fighting for.

Attached: 1517408893349.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

The professor Xavier stand-in being a molester and all the X-Men stand-ins being delusional and brainwashed was really lame. It felt like a joke you'd see in a Family Guy cut-away or a Robot Chicken sketch, of the "Dude, what if Patrick Stewart was, like, molesting Cyclops" variety.

queen maeve was clearly not happy with how things were. she even begged homelander to save at least a couple people when that plane crashed.

there's a picture of a whiteboard from the writers on reddit.

seems to portray a conflict between Becca and Stormfront.

I think that user is talking about the comics.

>seems to portray a conflict between Becca and Stormfront.
What?

It honestly mostly read as "ha aren't superheroes lame"

So who had the better superhero commentary?

Attached: download.jpg (1088x500, 167K)

>MCU is biggest superhero franchise right now
>pretty much all of them MURDER and swear
>even Spider-Man

What is the point of the Boys in this climate?

Attached: The-Avengers-2-Age-of-Ultron-Fathead-Decal-Hulk-vs-Iron-Man-Art.jpg (1256x833, 252K)

>Garth Ennis can’t be subtle or nuanced
How surprising

i know you post that as a joke but unironically mega mind

see pic

Attached: helloReddit.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

ok.

No one gave a shit about Megamind until that fuck made that video that kept showing up in my feed no matter how many times I said I wasn't interested.
Rants aside, The Boys wasn't just about the supes and it's kinda sad that a lot of people missed that.

What was the point of "Kingdom Come"?

Is this implying a fucking love triangle between Becca, Homlander and Stormfront?

>pretty much all of them MURDER
Really?

Yeah, no one cared about a decent animated movie that was released in 2010 and has been on most streaming services for years.

Moron.

All of the attention that it's getting right now is because of that video, barely anyone talked about it before.

Considering one company controlled supers it's not entirely surprising they largely fit into their mould.

>starlight-noir
BLACKED

I heard a theory of homelander's kid having the same role as black noir. To be honest i would be 100% ok with that as long as they don't try to redeem the kid after he does the deed.

>the boys and the supes are in a standoff, the military is involved, the supes took over the white house, everything is going tits up
>homelander kills becca, fucking does horrible shit to the people in the white house, and the kid snaps
>either out of fear or genuine worry for the nation, he kills homelander in cold blood while crying, kinda like batman beyond had tim kill the joker
>cue to Butcher and the boys deciding wether to kill off the kid or let him live.

The kid is going to eat a baby and skullfuck a man?

The Deep has now hit rock bottom and the only way to go is up. What can this dolphin molester do to climb back to the top?

These super heroes are the top commercial heroes, they have powers but they can't help everyone, there's contracts and shit that not only pays their checks but also help they "do good".

Minor supers are probably doing more easier jobs, still under contracts too. Remember they don't want to go vigilant yet, it's something quite new in their world.

Think of super high tier lawyers how many poor people they could "save" by helping and how little they do to help

There were some good ones like Super Duper and the woman looking after them. Then again maybe compound V just screwed with people's minds.

not all of black noir actions, just the killing off homelander bit.

I mean killing Homelander wasn't really what made BN in the comics, it was him gaslighting Homelander into what he was.

And fingering Hughie, can't forget about that.

Attached: 3277117-black noir.jpg (917x960, 223K)

The Boys also had a lot of military wank

Did he poke his prostrate?

That was the twist of his arc, the original intention was for black noir to kill homelander if he went rogue.

The only one that doesn't is Daredevil if he still counts as part of the MCU

I think Noir is going to be the brother of The Female.

why? they're both Japanese, and the Female's brother is missing