Am I the only person that thinks you could easily continue Holland Spider-man's storyline without MCU elements...

Am I the only person that thinks you could easily continue Holland Spider-man's storyline without MCU elements? He basically accepted who he is at the end of FFH and that he's not Tony Stark. Would it really be that much of a stretch for him to abandon all of the things Tony left to him and truly just be his own man?

It's not like Disney owns the rights to the supporting characters, which made up like 90% of both movies.

Attached: spider-man-far-from-home-ending-copertina.jpg (800x400, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/uv2yO
youtube.com/watch?v=o5EgcGLcRwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He also accepted that he was being groomed to to lead the Avengers

How are they going to explain Happy's absence? What about Nick Fury's?

Fury wasn't even there. Happy and May broke up. This isn't that complicated.

Yes it is, Happy is basically taking care of him and has Fury's number, so it doesn't make sense why wouldn't he call him to help Peter.

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE PETER AND SHURI GEEK OVER TECHNOLOGY. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE PETER BE THE BEST BIG BROTHER TO MORGAN. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE PETER HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OTHER SUPERHEROES AND NOW IT’S ALL GONE.

Please Disney just buy Sony already

Attached: 107.jpg (600x584, 29K)

>wanting the Mouse to have even more power
It's not worth the price user

>WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE PETER AND SHURI GEEK OVER TECHNOLOGY.
You sound like a total faggot, ngl.

I don't give a shit about continuity. I just want good movies.

I will never understand the hate boner Yea Forums has for Disney.

No, dont call me a shill. Give me an objective reason as to why Disney affects your personal life.

You should try to pay attention next time you watch the movies instead of just drooling and staring blankly at the screen like usual.

>Yea Forums
It's Yea Forums they just post here

Any Disney hate thread here is usually copied over from there

Back to tumblr with you, faggot

it'll be harder to make good movies with bad continuity because sony will essentially have to say "THE MCU FLEW OFF TO THEIR OWN PLANET"

Maybe you could, but why would you want to? His existence was just to serve the MCU. Now that Spider-Man is free from that retardation again they can go back to something good.

To all the people still rooting for Sony, I'd like to remind you what Tom Rothman, the executive there who ended the deal, did when he was at Fox.
imgur.com/gallery/uv2yO

>inb4 ">imgur"
I know, but there's no other way to showcase all of the shit this asshat did.

If you really don't understand immediately the implications behind that kind of highly concentrated corporate power, any explanation given would be wasted on you.

Let me guess, these images were compiled up over at r/marvel last night

YOU
JUST
KNOW

Attached: 12398032446.png (904x662, 522K)

What corporate power? They were a sharing a character, they didn't outright buy the fucking company.

>Aug 26 2017

This makes me wonder how someone with a long storied history of fuckups like this keeps getting power and authority to make more bad decisions. It’s as if most studios function this way, you see it at Warner Bros. too.

What power? It's just film studios you stupid Yea Forumstard.

The orange nigger is slowly stripping your rights away and yet you're worried about a film company.

Just gonna say this because I hate him so much - Jake Gyllahaal is a literal piece of shit who can't act his way out of a paper bag let alone in a movie. The fact that insufferable prick even exists offends the very notion of reality and the world would be a better place if he killed himself tomorrow. Honestly we lost out when Heath Ledger died because Jake could have died instead and make the cinematic universe much better. etc etc etc.

this bullshit is about Feige wanting credit in Spider Verse because he can't stand that there was another good marvel movie without his name on it. Literally all of this bullshit is because of his ego.

No please!!! Don't go on with Iron-Kid!!!
We need come back to the real Spider-Man, the street hero, the one and only. And please, for god's sake... change that ugly MJ too.

(((Nepotism)))
Also
Under his leadership, Fox had the best profit margins of any film studio.

>showcase all of the shit this asshat did
You sound like a hysterical faggot. THAT is your major dirt on Sony? Horrible crimes like Tom Rothman not predicting Avatar would be a successful movie or having Alien vs. Predator be PG-13?
The absolute desperation of Marvel shills.

Attached: hmm.png (741x568, 29K)

>profit
Is that all you care about? That's ironic, considering you rag on Disney for the same thing.

Scroll down, you illiterate dumbass.
>Daredevil (2003)
>Cutting out a half-hour, and having it re-edited/add more CGI to have it look more like Spider-Man when it was originally meant to be a more dark and violent film

>Deadpool (2016)
>Refusing to give it the greenlight out of spite for Ryan Reynolds

>Dragonball: Evolution (2009)
>Deciding to greenlight it at the last minute to avoid losing the rights
>Constantly changing the script (along with director James Wong and several others), which was originally more faithful to the source material

>Fant4stic (2015)
>Giving it the greenlight at the last minute for no other reason but to screw Marvel out of gaining back the rights to the characters

>X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
>Sewing Deadpool's mouth shut
>Losing several directors (Bryan Singer, Alexandre Aja, Len Wiseman) due to his demands
>Wanting a PG-13 rating, more action, and more fan service
>Butting heads with Gavin Hood throughout production because he didn't like Hood's original darker vision (things got so bad that Hood left the production unfinished and executive producer Richard Donner served as ghost-director)
>Hiring Skip Woods to pump out a rewrite and make it quick because of the Writer's Strike

>Planet of the Apes (2001)
>Rushing the entire production (especially work on editing, music, and visual effects) and simplifying the script, which was being rewritten as sets were being built, resulting in Tim Burton having a miserable time working on the film, deliberately sabotaging the ending, and refusing to direct a planned sequel that was then cancelled

Among many other things.

>durr if you don't mention every single piece of retarded trivia from the link you didn't read it
Shut the fuck up you Marvel shilling autist. Your list is weak and for what little it does include it's still padded out with hysterical nitpicks.
>Among many other things
lol

>you Marvel shilling autist

Attached: images.jpg (301x168, 12K)

>Shut the fuck up you Marvel shilling autist. Your list is weak
>Your list is weak
>Your list
I didn't even make that list. Plus, it's even from 2 years ago.

>Proof or it didn't happen

Dude Spidey is staying in the MCU. They're not that retarded to take him away from a billion-dollar crossover universe. It's James Gunn all over again.

I feel like they have to. It's too entangled at this point.

What, will they have Hawkeye mention offhand in his show that Peter and May were horribly murdered off screen? Trying to make new Holland movies without the MCU connection is just baffling

It just sounds like a bunch of libtards angry at people who make money.

>It's not like Disney owns the rights to the supporting characters
They own the current versions of them. It will seem extremely contrived if all current characters have to disappear with some cursory explanation,especially after how FFH ended. Normies absolutely won't go for it, Sony-Man is dead at this point.

>implying I was defending him
I was just telling you WHY they keep him around.

>Am I the only person that thinks you could easily continue Holland Spider-man's storyline without MCU elements?
The character's existence and appeal is that he relies in MCU elements and that he interacts with the MCU characters. You take that away and it just lays bare how bland and boring his movies are and that they're carried by the villains.

No MCU will kill Spider-Holland franchise.

If the Sony thing never gets resolved, couldn’t the MCU continue with Holland as an “original character do not steal” version of Spider-Man? Give him a different name and remove the spider references and act like it’s always been like that?

Oh.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You sound like you aren't from here so how bout a youtube video, that seems right up your ally.

youtube.com/watch?v=o5EgcGLcRwY

There's literally too many connections to the MCU in these movies, and people went to see FFH because of Endgame, literally, the MCU revitalized the character again
I don't think it's a good idea to take that away, I bet the dude at Sony who leaked the entire thing in the first place is probably on suicide watch after the blame landed on them instead of Disney

He was talking about Disney buying Sony.

Yes just give Disney a monopoly over the entire entertainment industry so everything can be garbage forever

The Mouse only has all this power because there's literally no meaningful tentpole competition. MGM, Warner Bros, Sony, 20th Century Fox, and Universal aren't bringing any hits to the table. Aquaman made a serviceable amount as did Venom, but they're no where near the BO of Disney's hits and one tentpole a decade can't hold up the entire production cycle.
If Sony decided to rid themselves of Spider-Man, they'd still have Jumanji, Ghostbusters, half of James Bond, 21 Jump Street, The Karate Kid, Men in Black, Bad Boys, Resident Evil, and every single anime produced by Madhouse (including Trigun and Death Note). They haven't been able to do jack shit with any of these franchises, and are suffering because they keep betting on the wrong horse. For fuck's sake, they got F. Gary Gray on a Men In Black movie and somehow it still stunk.
The Studio system is broken, and Disney is the only one that has even tried to adapt. MGM is dead, Universal somehow forgot that people want scary things in their horror movies, Warner has been trying for 7 years to get a single movie out that's not wildly controversial, and Sony is just as incapable of pulling their shit together today as they were in 2014. Having a single company like Disney own everything is dangerous and creepy, but when "Everything" is Marvel properties and the sinking ship that is Star Wars, there's no reason they shouldn't have competition other than all the other companies being complete dolts.

>Make bad Superhero movies, hate the genre
>Pull back the only property you have the second someone makes it good

>Am I the only person that thinks you could easily continue Holland Spider-man's storyline without MCU elements?
No, you aren't.

>Giving playstation to mickey mouse
Yeah how about no.... unlike alot of people on /co I liked mcu spiderman but disney owning a chunk of the video game market and giving them even more power in entertainment isn't worth it

Attached: e99.jpg (680x543, 39K)

That's corrupt Hollywood executives for you. They're never in it for the cinematic quality.
They're always in it for the money.

>Giving playstation to mickey mouse
playstation is shit anyway now so it wouldn't be that much of a loss

why does your retard ass think that Columbia Pictures is Sony Playstation, are you underage?

>Please Disney just buy Sony already
I assumed that he meant all of sony which in my defense is probably what disney is aiming for.

Sony is doing fine, the one side of Sony that's doing like shit is Sony Pictures (Columbia Pictures) and there was a prediction last year that Apple could end up buying Columbia Pictures

>DURR DADDY DISNEY PLEASE BUY SONY SO I CAN SEE BUGMAN INTERACT WITH THE HEROES
I thought you redditors all claimed to be against monopolies?

/pol/ complains about people who make money all the time though

I wasn't arguing how sony as a whole is doing I was arguing with op who said that they should just buy sony in order to keep one franchise, he didn't clarify wheather it was just sony pictures or not.

t. taylor swift

>peter bonding with other heros
Not going to happen until 2026 or something. People cry about no posible team uo with dp or human torch but those would have never happened in the first place. He isnt allowed even to team up with daredevil

Yeah that's how the comics work. A single hero's comic being forced to feature the entire rest of the universe is always bad and it's been why the MCU hasn't been good recently.

>PETER AND SHURI GEEK OVER TECHNOLOGY

Attached: 1565205307609.jpg (945x630, 181K)

Current Disney gives no fucks about video games despite the money they make, because using them for advertising movies isnt easy. Plus they already closed their own game studio down with a quickness.

Kek

Attached: 1566313484277.jpg (600x600, 63K)

>I didn't even make that list.
Nobody said you made the list. If someone calls a picture you post "your picture" do you assume they believe you personally took a photograph or made a drawing?

This is what they’re doing

>just consume

technically yes, but it wouldn't make sense.

>He basically accepted who he is at the end of FFH and that he's not Tony Stark.
He did that in the first movie too. And then he used Stark tech armor in Infinity War/Endgame. And then he used Stark tech again after that.

CONSUME
OBEY
DEFEND
CONSUME
OBEY
DEFEND
CONSUME
OBEY
DEFEND

> Can it be done
Sure
> Can Sony do it?
No

And it's not even Sony's fault

It's almost scary to see someone using sensible arguments in Yea Forums, as opposed to just using "yo momma" and calling everyone a cuck.

Calm down eveyone. There is plenty of time to come to an agreement.
This scene is part of the narrative.

it's not disney's fault that feige is competent at his job and 90% of hollywood execs are soulless suits who chase ips to milk them dry

all you have to do is look at disney, kennedy is crashing the star wars plane with no survivors, but kevin actually cares and is a true geek and takes his time to build for a decade payoff with the infinity saga. there isn't another producer in hollywood with his patience and long-term thinking

the only other guys who seem to be on top of this shit is vin diesel with his F&F, although the rock is trying his damndest to ruin that, and the godzilla guys, but we'll see how godzilla v kong turns out. also, shoutout to keanu's team for john wick as well. but everybody else? complete hacks

fantastic beasts should be printing money but WB are idiots and keep david yates around for his studio yes-man bullshit but his bland direction is terrible

universal's dark universe failed because they gave the keys to alex kurtzman for god sakes

fox was crashing x-men into the ground with kinberg before the merger and fant4stic

wb failed at the DCEU with snyder

paramount is being kept alive single-handily by the absolute madman tom cruise and mission impossible; bumblebee sequel is a step in the wrong direction even if the movie was good, they poisoned the main transformers brand and have no choice but to let it rest

mgm has bond. but bond is bond but it's a one movie every 3-4 years at best franchise, as it should be

feige is the only one who knows what the fuck he's doing and it obviously shows

He also used the phrase “the mouse”, so ugh kind of negates the whole thing

>feige is the only one who knows what the fuck he's doing
Not anymore. Phase 4 will prove it. But he's already made all his money and clout. He couldn't care less.

It doesn't

What a persuasive argument.

>power
It's the ability to make a fucking spider-man movie, they aren't going to bust down your door and force you to watch it.

Feige doesn't know fucking anything. Marvel movies were never anything special until the Russos got involved.

phase 4 is an obvious table reset.

they are letting the universe breath after infinity war/endgame, no more stark/steve. perfect time to take chances with eternals and shang-chi. do you honestly think strange 2 won't be absolutely based with multiverse shit?

he's obviously going to hit the ground running phase 5 with F4 and x-men and that will build to a new saga, most likely doom or galactus

>this next MCU movie will be when it starts to go downhill
>he says for 24th time

feige hires the writers and directors and actors, so yes he does know what he's doing, he is the head producer, that is what a producer does by definition

he promoted the cap trilogy writers for infinity war and endgame as well as immediately extending the russos before winter soldier even came out to theaters, he knew exactly what he had with his hires, remember that markus/mcfeely predate the russos. gunn was his call, having gunn completely rewrite the gotg script, kicking out ike and his stupid committee with bendis, and all of a sudden every phase 3 film stands out over phase 2 both critically and commercially.

kevin is absolutely competent you dumb contrarian

I know it's hella epic to hate on the Joss and muh quips era of the MCU but Feige just getting Avengers to exist at all is a miracle never mind actually adapting the Infinity Saga, no one has ever or will ever pull off anything like it again.

They could, if they didn't tie him so intrinsically to Ironman. Now you have to explain away Happy, and the like.

Unlike yours, am I right?

How exactly?

No, unfortunately there's probably at least a bunch more people who think as idiotically as you do.

Tom can be an excellent spidey , It's just the childish and needy characterization they gave him that make him look bad. I hope they can fix/replace the supporting characters though

Well, let's see

Here's your argument:
>Nothing.

Oh yeah really good one there, loads of laughs.

Now here's what I said:
>Actually something.

Oh yeah, clearly no difference.

the more content one company churns out, the less other companies make less money, which means less competing products. non-disney animated films almost all flopped this year, despite being the same (crap) standard as every year and it doesn't take a scholar to figure out why

Attached: disney wreck it ralph oscar.jpg (768x1024, 636K)

actually there's a casting director who picks the actors. i forget her name, but she's clearly earned that fat paycheque

it's sarah finn, she's very important yes, she brings in people who maybe fit a part and they audition and feige still makes the final call with the director usually

>Disney dindu nuffin! It's the other studios that aren't trying hard enough!

Who left the cage door open? The baby trolls are trying to escape.

Oh look at him trying to rile people up. He's almost adorable in how pathetic he is.

I don't disagree either. I think very little writing would need to be done to make such a thing happen.

>If you really don't understand immediately the implications behind that kind of highly concentrated corporate power
The same one who had flops like Mary Poppins or Dumbo?

Or movies that tested bad with critics like Aladdin and The Lion King?

Sure buddy!

>Now here's what I said:
>>Actually something.

It'd be even funnier if you actually
believed that.

Say something else, I could use a good laugh at someone who failed trolling 101.

honestly could be OK
I want some edge in my Spider-Man, fun little romps are fine but I can't see Disney pulling through maybe Sony can shake things up just a little especially want to see that with Holland let the kid act.

Attached: gwen2-660x495.jpg (660x495, 66K)

For Fury, they can just introduce a new secret agency that just takes Fury's role (with any references to Fury becoming references to that agency).

What?

That's a non-argument, it's barely a non-sequitur.

You should ask for a refund on those trolling lessons

Currently Disney for the most part is creatively bankrupt especially with their constant “Live Action” Remakes, their complete dismantling of the Star Wars Franchise, the fact that they bought the muppets and then effectively killed them, how under their control Marvel Comics have become a complete shitshow, the parks are way too expensive and the list goes on

In a way it was an excellent tactic by Disney (who handles the creative process of solo Spidey movies) because they made the character entirely dependant on their universe. In a way writing Sony into a corner if and when they pull shit like this.

Did you really respond to me twice with two responses that made no sense?

I posted a comment, you responded to it. Not the other way around. I can’t “troll” you when you’re the one who initiated the conversation.

Get a life you epic moron

>maybe sony can shake things up just a little
are you fucking retarded?

>morgan
>showing up again
lol

People have called Disney "the mouse" for decades you underage faggot retard nigger. Whatever stupid association you have is wrong, fanboy subhuman. I bet you think disney has made good animation after 1998, LMFAO

Not to mention Sony has alienated the Japanese fanbase by shitting on the little guys for the big companies like SegaAtlus by pushing the standards too high for sexual content in their games that they had to censor it or be pushed to an under the counter game

Fag culture isn't culture it's just complaining with a strategy. Fat culture sacrifices the news so they can keep tagging it up across racial lines.

user means Sony Pictures, not Sony as a whole.

90s kids grew up and got married and had kids and their generation of comics is done.

Tarzan was after 1998

And people have called those people who say that utter dipshtts for just as long.

So, once again, you have absolutely no case.

Apparently they’re not supposed to acknowledge anything that happened in any of the previous movies.

I suppose they could just have it open with everyone knowing his secret identity and thinking he’s a murderer but never explain why and hope everyone will just know from having seen the previous movies but I don’t know how the agreement works.

They’ll just have to recast everyone as needed. Honestly, people only care about Spider-Man. Ned doesn’t need to be there, Aunt May isn’t that important, he’s had a different loveningerest in every movie and people would be more excited to see an actual Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy then Zendaya, Flash is endearing butbhasnt done anything and isn’t exactly a major character.

All they have to do is give him his Mary Jane and bring in Harry Osbourne and you’ve got everything you need. They don’t even need to worry about villains because they used a B Lister for the first movie and killed Mysterio in the second one. Bring in some Goblins, do a Kraven storyline, crossover with Venom & Carnage and you’ve got all the hype you need for at least the next 5 movies easy.

Honestly Kraven would be the best storyline for the next movie. Make an offhand mention about all the main characters from the other movies being witness protected due to Peter’s identity being revealed - and have the big announcement draw Kraven in to hunt the Big, Bad Predator of New York City.

as opposed to disney fucking up star wars?

>people have called those people
nope. most anons widely acknowledged the soulless caricature that disney has become.

bump

the only way this works out is they loan spidey out for avengers and allow other heroes be in his movies.

Someone tell me why is this even an issue
Isn't Spidey a Marvel=Disney character? Why is Sony having anything to say if Marvel can just tell them 'no more Marvel characters for you'?

I hated homecoming and far from home because of how one the nose and woke it was, but honestly sony and disney are both equally just as bad as one another when it comes to SJW horribleness, so seeing disney hurt because of this deal is great because we werent gonna get any good spider man films either way, but now disney has to suffer for it. As long as one side (and the side that i hate more for various reasons) gets hurt, then the better.

Attached: 4A2DCBB8-76C4-4A76-9CC4-264F15B65DB6.png (431x413, 399K)

>it doesn't make sense why wouldn't he call him to help.
Said everybody who watched any marvel movies, about all heroes who are not the main heroes of said movie

>any references to the MCU can just be ‘Tony’ as the individual name isn’t copyrighted
>Happy’s actor can be there but they can just call him uncle H or something stupid
>we can have a super corny Venom teamup
>Spidey will still be back for the big crossover movies

C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: 1566385089266.jpg (781x522, 74K)

thats fine if Sony would be fag buts about it

Toby cried enough thank you.