How the fuck did they manage to make a good production in the year 2012+7?

How the fuck did they manage to make a good production in the year 2012+7?

Attached: chad memb.gif (500x281, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/smxyyFnwZMI?t=296
archive.org/details/RenStimpySpongeBobMovieShortAnimatic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By giving no shits about anything besides making a good production.

You know considering that Membrane appears to be mostly robot, is it possible Dib isn't actually his son but his clone?

The creators actually said they were going to do an episode where Dib finds out he’s Membrane’s clone, not his son. So yeah, Dib is canonically (maybe) Membrane’s clone.

Do we ever hear about Dib/Gaz's mother?

The art sucks compared to the original series but still an 8/10 which is probably the most we could hope for nowadays. Some scenes were clearly tweened in ToonBoom.

it's commonly believed that Tallest Miyuki was involved in the creation of Dib.

>Tallest Miyuki
Who?

One of Red and Purple's predecessors. Only appeared in an unfinished flashback episode, and was devoured by an infinite-energy-absorbing blob Zim created.

>Membrane appears to be mostly robot
I figured it was just his arms. I mean, I could see Dib being a clone, but that wouldn't explain Gaz.

that animation is smooth as fuck

>How the fuck did they manage to make a good production in the year 2012+7?

They did not include a single, solitary LGBTQ character or obnoxiously woke political reference.

>obnoxiously woke political reference
Peace is nice.

Cannot believe Rockotrannies were BTFO by *holds up spork* this hard

>mostly robot

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.56.29 AM.png (1670x1600, 1.99M)

Some of the animation is alright, but they definitely skimped over some scenes. At least our boy Hesse got some work at the end.

A lot of the characters seemed less angular and more cutesy than in the series. Dib especially lost his big head and Gaz's head was more circular.

Attached: dib.jpg (2081x1256, 283K)

Better explanation with pic.

After that Christmas incident where Santa didn't gave in 12 cases of Uranium 238, one of his plans to destroy Santa involved sharks. An accident happened that made him both lose arms and the plan failed.

But how and why? How she made contact with Membrane? What about Gaz?

He still got a skeleton. But yes, one thing said about the original series was Dib would find out he's an artificial creation of Membrane born "in a process similar to Irkens." Could have been anything from clone to homoculus or even an android.

In-joke from past Zim threads depicting the Membrane kids as hybrid experiments of sorts. Popularized by SNAFU comics, although the concept predates it. Threefold irony:
>It's a crackship, with one of the characters being unused/dead in-series long before present times.
>Dib as an alien makes his motivation for revealing Zim incredibly defeatist.
>Membrane knowing about aliens but withholding it from his children/the world for reasons he can only know.

Attached: membranes.png (258x430, 56K)

>Hair bones

Is Membrane human at all ?

Not sure if that SNAFU panel reveal was before or after that InvaderCON reading of The Trial, because Melissa Fahn did voice Tallest Miyuki for that brief reading, who also did Gaz.

The Membrane family was also added in the revised version of The Trial, where it was Prof Membrane himself who told that fictitious story about Invader 'Jim' in a trial, though it goes on to be Zim in The Trial.

youtu.be/smxyyFnwZMI?t=296

Bones are a terrific hair accessory
He probably trades styling tips with Sideshow Mel

Attached: Sideshow_Mel.png (330x720, 87K)

You sure that bone is not part of his body?

>The character was named after the storyboard artist Miyuki Hoshikawa, who worked on such episodes as "Bolognius Maximus". According to Rikki Simons, the writers of Invader Zim created the character based on their surprised reaction at learning Hoshikawa had previously done work on the anime classic Akira, which she treated with extreme modesty.
Huh.

Attached: akira.webm (720x480, 2.82M)

>They did not include a single, solitary LGBTQ character

Jhonen is Mexican and Mexicans don't tolerate that bullshit.

> but that wouldn't explain Gaz
She could be his female clone.

Johnen is a fag though

>>obnoxiously woke political reference
>Peace is nice.

GIR specifically stated that peace was better than chicken & rice, which was a load of politically biased propaganda if I ever heard any.

pretty sure he's been in a relationship with a jewish chick for a decade

Attached: weirdos.png (500x375, 290K)

Does it matter? Membrane considers him his son

They should've shown both sides of the issue. They're alienating half their audience. They should've had a character come out and say "Peace isn't nice." to keep things balanced.

That's not how clones work, user.

...Wait, is it?

He's operating on comic book logic; X-23 is Wolverine's teenage female Asian clone. Yes, somehow despite all those distinctions, she is still considered a clone.

Why did Nick even give Zim a movie? The show was a huge flop compared to the newer shows like Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Oddparents

She's a clone because they only thing changed about her is her sex chromosome being xx instead of xy, that is a whopping 1/46th difference between the two of them.

Dib is Membrane if Membrane hadn't received socks for Christmas.

because the fanbase literally never died

I wish people could stop trying to shoehorn current events and shit into cartoons.
They're meant to be silly and stupid not "revolutionary" or "woke"

It was a flop that developed a cult following. The Oni Press comic sold really well (for an American comic). There was an observable demand for more Zim.

But the conditions under which the Zim movie was commissioned were very different from how Nick is operating now. 2 years ago, Nick was big into their 90s nostalgia marketing. That's when they did the Splat block of retro Nick shows, all those Pete & Pete reunion shorts, and greenlit the Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Arnold, Rocko and Zim movies/specials. It was all going to be part of the big 90s nostalgia marketing gimmick.

There was either a regime change or the first wave of 90s stuff underperformed (or both) and Nick quietly cancelled the whole 90s nostalgia thing. They sat on the Zim and Rocko specials for over a year and then shoveled them onto Netflix for a quick, quiet release; never even broadcasting them on the Nickelodeon channel. There was also a Ren & Stimpy short that got cancelled early in its production (though the animatic w/ dialogue track got leaked).

The Zim special only happened because it was going to be part of a marketing event that got aborted early on, but the finished product remained.

Despite the new animation style it managed to capture the essence of the show flawlessly.
I am IMPRESSED this came out of Netflix.

yet she's still asian

>I am IMPRESSED this came out of Netflix.

Only because it wasn't made for Netflix or with input from Netflix; it was supposed to air on Nick and then they held it for 2 years and burned it off on Netflix just to get rid of it.

Had the thing been produced in cooperation with Netflix and to their usual specifications, you can rest assured it would've been an LGBTQ politics parade.

Now that we have Rocko and Zim how long until we get Angry Beavers?

Attached: AngryBeavers.png (1042x773, 722K)

>but that wouldn't explain Gaz.
Why does Gaz need any special explanation ?

Nick cancelled their 90s revival thing. Rocko and Zim were completed a couple years ago. The most you're getting is a third SpongeBob movie.

Canadians tend to be that, yes.

>There was also a Ren & Stimpy short that got cancelled early in its production (though the animatic w/ dialogue track got leaked).
Google is not helping me.

CatDog or bust

Does the healing factor keep her from being a retarded incest baby?

Attached: 1400758420370.jpg (1310x1374, 673K)

>There was either a regime change or the first wave of 90s stuff underperformed (or both) and Nick quietly cancelled the whole 90s nostalgia thing. They sat on the Zim and Rocko specials for over a year and then shoveled them onto Netflix for a quick, quiet release; never even broadcasting them on the Nickelodeon channel. There was also a Ren & Stimpy short that got cancelled early in its production (though the animatic w/ dialogue track got leaked).

Didn't Nick also announce an Are You Afraid of the Dark? movie, then change that into a TV miniseries, then change that into a TV special, and now there's no news about it at all?

Did the 90s nostalgia trend really flop that badly with the Hey Arnold Jungle Movie and Legends of the Hidden Temple?

archive.org/details/RenStimpySpongeBobMovieShortAnimatic

Ah, that makes more sense.

>clone
>retarded incest baby
What the hell are you on about, user?

Nick also announced a new Hey Arnold tv series BEFORE the Jungle Movie aired. AFTER the Jungle Movie aired, they quietly nixed that entire idea.

Yes, the Jungle Movie flopped so badly that Nick went into panic mode and cancelled ALL their 90s revival shit and even sat on the 2 specials they'd completed because they thought they'd basically be cancer if they aired them on their network.

If Dib was Membrane's clone, that simply changes the question of who's Gaz and Dib's mom to who's Gaz's mom?

Attached: tumblr_ma5aloH3pH1qewnr1o1_500.png (500x480, 229K)

So does American netflix have the original series up for streaming? Sitting up here in chilly mexico, wondering why they've revived both Invader Zim AND Rocko's Modern Life, two shows that have been dead for years, but don't have the original series for either for new viewers to watch first, and old viewers to refamiliarize with before watching the new stuff.

Nope.

Reminder that the Rocko and Zim specials getting released on Netflix was a last minute decision by Viacom because they didn't want to broadcast them on Nickelodeon. Netflix is basically just the trashcan for those specials.

If X-23 were Wolverine's daughter it'd be his X chromosome and someone else's X chromosome to make her female. Using both X chromosomes from wolverine wouldn't be that different than him having a daughter with a close relative, hence the incest baby comment.

Jhonen takes no shit and gives no fucks.

Rugrats is still getting a new series and a movie retard, and even Blues Clues is coming back.

You say nope but I remember watching it on Netflix when I was a kid wtf

Especially about his own work, that sellout

>rugrats getting a new...
I wish they'd let the franchise die ffs I hate rugrats

>watching it on Netflix when I was a kid wtf
>Netflix when I was a kid

Are you STILL a kid?

Netflix came out in 1995
I haven't used it in a very long time.

Oh geezus, that's right.
Probably explains why the other 22 attempts failed

The message isn't that peace isn't nice. Great strawman asshole. The issue is that chicken and rice is pretty good and we shouldn't just dismiss it like that.

Rugrats is good, every spinoff is garbage.
If they ain't babies, the ain't RUGRATS

Jhonen is being inclusive to vegans you sick meat eating freak.

Someone should draw this hypothetical mother

It's funny, user. Not much more to it

Agreed

Attached: DOC_202_JUL19_big.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

it's canon though

Attached: RCO006_1553671594.jpg (1041x1600, 478K)

>commonly believed
I thought that was just shipping

Jhnonen used to say his mom's in a jar somewhere. Dib's a test tube baby.

>commonly believed
quit pushing this fanon shit