Can we have one of those threads where we try and help people remember stuff they've forgotten and only have vague...

Can we have one of those threads where we try and help people remember stuff they've forgotten and only have vague memories of?

I remember as a kid seeing a 2d animated cartoon where some kids had to help get a broken clock-tower working and it turned out it was full of bats and the tool to start the clock or whatever was missing. I remember there was a middle aged/old guy with a Scottish accent and one of the kids with an American accent saying "You've got bats in your belfry"

Attached: main-qimg-9aa8da43dd8b71f7d44328f0285de1f2.jpg (486x750, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qkdbvl5wVeA
darkhorse.com/Comics/23-944/Veil-1-Toni-Fejzula-cover
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Light,_City_of_Dark
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watership_Down_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seventh_Brother
readcomiconline.to/Comic/She-Hulk-2005
youtube.com/watch?v=6exzT4so6og
youtube.com/watch?v=heawLZ_PJes
dailymotion.com/video/x6qevr6
imdb.com/title/tt0197765/
youtube.com/watch?v=-SfeWLAqT6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=3YLmQDN5B5E
youtube.com/watch?v=OwqI7sxLqgc
youtube.com/watch?v=e1dIiWaij1I
youtube.com/watch?v=i9lRpbsMWkk
youtube.com/watch?v=nk8GlGEtYGM
youtube.com/watch?v=ke4gh7n6C-k
youtube.com/watch?v=91i4NRNR6l8
youtube.com/watch?v=4XGCT1HLDqo
youtube.com/watch?v=iRHQWNfq4xE
youtube.com/watch?v=m4NGc2DyNRY
youtu.be/Be8vfy2pOcY
youtu.be/9Qg8KiNPAyM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap'n_O._G._Readmore
youtu.be/ElLKQywc5vA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP1OvCk77qEB7hpFmYLjTsftLnEzn7C91
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did it seem educational like "hey kids which shape is the right one" or just entertainment?

No. I just remember the girl character found a crank or tool of some kind and said "It looks like a (whatever)" and the Scottish guy replying, "so it does, lassie"

Thought now that I think about it it might have been a broken bell, not a broken clock tower. Since I definitely remember "you've got bats in your belfry"

Where they anthro?
I remember some cartoon as a kid where it was about Daylight Savings and the adult who runs the clocktower needed the kids' help.

No they were human.

Remember anything else? Any detail could help identify it.

Was it a show or an animated feature film?

All i remember of a 3D cartoon is a white spider with a human head, it weirded me out when i was little

It was a TV show. I'm not sure if they lived in the town. They might have traveled to a different place each episode.

In that case, the details of that particular episode are less important. Can you give further description on any of the characters?

What year do you think the cartoon was made? Based on the animation style.

Couldn't say. At first I thought it might have been fantastic flying journey but there's no American characters in that show as far as I know.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qkdbvl5wVeA

So when i was a kid, my mom used to buy Spider-man comics for me. One time she couldn't get any so she brought this other comic.

However this was a very mature and graphic comic clearly for adults. I never knew the name of it but i remember a image very well: It's basically a Black Girl who bashed her little brother with a baseball bat

Do any of you perhaps know of what i am talking about? (My English isn't the best)

Attached: pepehead.jpg (1800x1200, 113K)

I remember this graphic novel about a kid with special powers, but she had to channel them through this new york subway token. They were being chased by this creepy old guy with power over crows I think.

Veil?

darkhorse.com/Comics/23-944/Veil-1-Toni-Fejzula-cover

Cartoon about anthro animals living in the forest. Slice of life, for the most part.
The part that I remember? In the final episode the male and female leads married and there was a wedding. Prior to that I thought they were kids.

Nah, it was something that my like third grade teacher had on the book shelf. It wasn't anything adult, I just can't remember what it was called and its been bugging me for a while

Geekbombast reviewed a supernatural noir comic centered around a detective dealing with magic?

They compared the artwork to JH Williams the 3rd's style.

Thanks!

Could it be Spiderus from Miss Spider's Sunny Patch?

Attached: Spiderus.jpg (360x360, 32K)

I actually just found it again. Dunno why I couldn't before
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Light,_City_of_Dark

I remember watching this old animated movie about a puppy that gets lost and a bunch of rabbits decide to adopt him, does anybody remember what that was?

Could it be the 1978 Watership Down cartoon movie?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watership_Down_(film)

No, the thing I remember isn't hardcore (with blood and death) or anything, but I remember a few scenes with nightmarish imagery.

Nevermind, I found it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seventh_Brother

I'm sure I've asked before but in the early 2000s I saw a trailer for an anime. It was a giant monster slowly walking through a bleak, industrial looking city and the soundtrack was a woman singing sadly in Japanese.

That's easily a quarter of everything the Japanese produce.

Yeah I know. My brain mentally fills in the monster as Godzilla but that wasn't it.

I remember watching cartoon that was basically ghostbusters ripoff but with monsters. After defeat the monster would turn into some sort of starfish. When of the party members was also mutating into monster i guess? It's either 90s or early 00s. Maybe it was a fever dream

Back in the late 00's my sister bought me this She-Hulk comic. I don't exactly remember the story it covered and its issue number, the things I only remember were it was set in a desert(? not really sure), it involved the aftermath of hulk's rampage and it had an ad for Ultimate's Ultimatum. I've been trying to find it ever since then, just wanting to recollect the things I lost during my childhood lol.

I remember watching a movie about a puffin and a seal (I thought it was sealed with a kiss but I don't think so) and the story was about the puffin trying to migrate but it migrated too late and there was a blizzard and it got stuck and it was supposed to be all sad and shit?
I watched it in art class.

the pebble and the penguin?

>I remember watching cartoon that was basically ghostbusters ripoff but with monsters.
I remember this too-
>After defeat the monster would turn into some sort of starfish
Uhm...

Also seconding this one though

Just look for stuff from that period with She-Hulk in it, was it from She-Hulk's series?

If so, it's probably this one. readcomiconline.to/Comic/She-Hulk-2005

If not, you can almost certainly find it on that site.

It was quite short cartoon where I think everyone was talking like the adults in Peanuts, so you couldn't understand what they're saying (or was it foreign language but I didn't get that as a child?). In the final scene, there was a classroom. Suddenly, the heads of the students grew very long and that was the ending. I was traumatized by this because it happened so suddenly and I couldn't understand what it meant. Now that I think about it, maybe it was just a metaphor of the students getting smarter. The color palette was very gray-ish, not black & white but it didn't have much color.

I really wish I could find out what was the name of this cartoon. I'd really like to go back to this memory. It was back in the 90s and I got the VHS from library.

I specifically remember them being a puffin and an arctic seal (both arctic animals, not antarctic so no penguins)
I also don't remember any singing in it.

I don't think this is it, but this is the only thing that comes to mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=6exzT4so6og

Could it be Bokurano?
youtube.com/watch?v=heawLZ_PJes

las novas! that means star!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oops I remember, it's The First Snow of Winter.
Some sort of weird Irish film apparently.

Attached: the-first-snow-of-winter-ba762dce-8ad9-470e-a117-85ec78bdb38-resize-750.jpg (508x406, 21K)

I remember reading a comic as a kid about a guy with no face blaming nuggers for crime. I thought it was the question but thats DC and even in edgy 80s I doubt they did that. Anyone know the comic. Guy wore a blueish suit.

No it was way older than that. I would have seen it around 2001, 2002 or 2003. I saw it as a trailer on a VHS but the only even vaguely anime related thing I had on tape was Voltron the Third Dimension.

Well the character look sounds like the Question

After a bit i research i found something resembling my description, althought without starfish. But maybe it's mixed with some other cartoon in my memory

I remember an animated series about a writer dude who would tell stories (mostly folktales and such), his neighbors had problems that were conveniently similar to a Charles Perrault tale or a Grimm tale he knew.

I remember three chapters specifically:
>One with a blue prince, he would call his mermaid waifu out of any body of water
>One with a straw blade, a coal pebble and a needle, they were working together wanting to escape to somewhere
>One with two sisters, one spitted pearls every word she said, one spitted snakes. There was a fairy, I think.

Possibly european, maybe around 2005. Everytime I search for this anything I find is the tales, but not the series.

Does anyone remember a movie or episode of a show with a gang of modern kids in a old west mining town or ghost town with a phantom cowboy on horse back? No time travel, it's set in the modern day.
I think there was a scene in a saloon with a 1 armed hobo?
It would have come out before 2000 I think. They showed it to us in Elementary alongside Last Chance Detectives which I thought it was a episode of but I have confirmed it's not.

It's not either of these...
dailymotion.com/video/x6qevr6
imdb.com/title/tt0197765/

Many thanks!

forgot pic

Attached: 19687381.jpg (350x492, 44K)

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to read Denny O'Neill's run.

I was like 10 and it would odd issues my mum got me in one of those boxes of like 30 loose comics stores couldn't sell and call 'lucky' boxes.

This sounds like the Evolution animated series, is this it, user?
youtube.com/watch?v=-SfeWLAqT6Y

Attached: 51ZF6093TXL.jpg (337x475, 57K)

Which year did you read it, user? Was it a dystopic future or was it set in modern times?

It’s Les contes de la rue Broca.

It is! Thank you very much

Yes this is it! Thank you so much user!

Pic related was a good day. (I waa who found the short)

youtube.com/watch?v=3YLmQDN5B5E

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-OZHpRdPeyWARTwbN.jpg (2160x1920, 1.55M)

Let me heat up some water for this cringe tea here:

I was maybe eight or nine (so this would be early 1990's) and our Boys City had a big library room (where people just played board games and nintendo, really) and a spinner rack full of comic books. This comic was some kind of action adventure Road Rovers in outerspace. And the one panel I vividly remember was weasly, Boston Terrier looking guy being physically intimidated by a dog chick, and he's just looking up at her tits and she has this kind of "I'll step on your balls you beta male" kinda look back at him.

Me and another kid (who was into purple body stocking Cat-Woman) would just stare at that page for hour. Eventually someone either stole it or trashed it, maybe the adults got rid of it, but I always wondered what that comic was actually about.

Attached: 1485894548751.jpg (400x413, 28K)

I'm not sure if this show was an anime or a western cartoon with an animesque art style. The first few episodes were about high school(?) kids getting into shenanigans and then the MC's love interest got kidnapped by the villains.

The villains had a flying viking ship that was their base. I also recall the fights between the heroes and villains being similar to the fights you'd see in Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac(but less bloody).

I saw advertisements for this show during Pokemon but I can't remember if the advertisements were on Kids WB or Cartoon Network.

Never heard of it. Would it hold up to watch now?

Kind of, but not really, the dubbing is really horrible, but the story is still cute. Here it is if you want to watch it:
(They may be out of order, but this is the best I could find)
youtube.com/watch?v=OwqI7sxLqgc (Part 1)
youtube.com/watch?v=e1dIiWaij1I (Part 2)
youtube.com/watch?v=i9lRpbsMWkk (Part 3)
youtube.com/watch?v=nk8GlGEtYGM (Part 4)
youtube.com/watch?v=ke4gh7n6C-k (Part 5)
youtube.com/watch?v=91i4NRNR6l8 (Part 6)
youtube.com/watch?v=4XGCT1HLDqo (Part 7)
youtube.com/watch?v=iRHQWNfq4xE (Part 8)

Or the German version (note: much more depressing opening): youtube.com/watch?v=m4NGc2DyNRY

If they were both little kids, it was Spawn, but I don't know the exact issue.
Basically, the devil had possessed Cyan, and that's why she did it. I'll update with the issue if I find it.

Batman is addicted to steroids. At one point he walks into a bar dressed in a white zoot suit and just beats the fuck out of everyone. The climax has him trying to find a way out of a well that's filling with water, while a bottle of pills tempts him every few panels.

Same series, there was something about Bruce Wayne's old headmaster having the head of a child barely obscured in a waste bin in his office. I also remember something about a corrupt general wielding an orange knife, and talking about the methods of torture he learned in the military.

I found it. It's Spawn issue 155, and the scene is continued in issue 156. If this ain't it, I can't help you.

Attached: RCO023_1469206965.jpg (1041x1600, 305K)

This was a comic, obviously. The long pointy ear era of Batman.

Yes! This is it!

Thanks for returning a repressed childhood memory, user

Attached: Fren+acquired+good+story+hep+_09a72f3f2a378af0e941d60c1a07192d.jpg (1000x800, 78K)

Bump.

Thanks. Why this thread is being slid I can't even begin to imagine.

You are welcome, pretty good cartoon.

I remember a comic set in space about a girl and his father, there was an evil alien race a the mother of the girl was with them or something. I think it wasn’t for kids.

>a girl and his father

OwO

The brother regenerates for the record.

It’ been killing me, help.

Yeah. I read the 2 issues you mentioned. Thx again by the way

Attached: Here+you+go+my+man+_2c833a39b6b86503c756d9968dcfb5ec.jpg (326x326, 23K)

I remember renting a kids movie from Blockbuster several times in my childhood, but I cant remember the name of it.

It was a Halloween cartoon that started with several friends going to see their other friend who has been sick for awhile. They want to take him trick or treating, but they see him running away from the house right as they arrive. They chase him and are forced to follow him through some supernatural bullshit that leads them through Halloween celebrations in different cultures. I think Egypt was in there, but the one I remember most was Dia de los Muertos.

Anywho, they catch up with their friend and it turns out he was dead the whole time, died of whatever he was sick with before the movie even started, and his ghost was trying to lead them on one last cool trick or treating adventure. I don't remember how it ends, only that the friend was super fucking dead the whole time and they have to wave him off to Heaven.

I think each friend gives a year of their lives so their friend can live. Don’t remember the name though.

Well fuck you then

Nevermind, I found it.

The Halloween Tree.

youtu.be/Be8vfy2pOcY

The animation isn't as good as I remember, but I guess that's a pretty common feeling when you start getting to be old as shit...

Lemme just bust out the old chestnut that I've asked about 1000 times that no one will ever find and Is likely lost forever.

It was set in a snowy location. I remember a man and a woman talking outside a house or cabin of some kind. There were people riding snowmobiles. At some point the woman gets captured and put in a futuristic machine that tortures her, but it doesn't do physical damage. She's forced to lay down in it and it scans her brain. Then a hologram of her brain is shown on a monitor. They turn the machine on and the picture of her brain started getting sliced into pieces while she screams in pain. The male villain was yelling at his female henchwoman to turn up the machine and increase the slicing. The film ended with the man and woman reaching what I think was a circular courtyard of some kind with a man sitting on a raised throne. I don't remember if he was the bad guy or if both the good guys and bad guy were trying to get to him. I saw it on SBS which is a channel for foreign movies but it was in English. People have suggested it might have been a segment on a show called Eat Carpet. unfortunately most episodes aren't online so i have no way of checking.

Attached: 1534471494504.png (633x758, 320K)

When I was a kid, there was this one comic book character that I believe I was so attracted to I would start getting hard and taking bathroom breaks to gawk at. But I've totally forgotten what they were.

The assumptions I have made thus far: 1) It's a male character. 2) They are some kind of monster or villain that grows taller and/or more muscular. (I'm gay and those were the two major kinks I remember having from very early in my life.) 3) I didn't really buy comics as a kid, so I think I got it for free as some sort of magazine insert or kids' meal toy.

What I remember specifically is that there was another comic attached to it that basically was just an ad for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. That comic was just a short rehash of the episode where Bloo breaks Madame Foster's bust.

It's possible my memories might all be jumbled together. I have tried buying a comic of the Powerpuff Girls given out at Burger King which featured a lizardous creature that foreshadowed growth by nuclear waste, but the punchline was that it was actually tiny. But that doesn't fit in with the Foster's comic at all.

This sounds like the early issues of 'Batman:Legends of The Dark Knight'. The first story you described was definitely "Venom" from issues 16-20.

When I was like 6 I used to watch this weird animated show about some aliens who disguised themselves as a human family or something. It aired on the Jetix channel in my region, so I guess it was a disney show or at least distributed by disney. Thats all I remember about it. Anybody know what show I might be talking about? Cause I cant remember it fully for the life of me.

Attached: 69237618_2575107862532789_2360318798143160320_n.jpg (480x600, 42K)

does anyone remember the name of that christian cartoon with animal people
I think one of the main character's was a weasel or somthing and her name was like goop or some stupid shit

Attached: 1493253769320.png (120x135, 1K)

Gaither's Pond?

no it was 2d
one of the kids was a bear guy, and I think they had like a deer teacher or something
I saw very little of the show
I will say some of the background's from that gaither's pond show you mentioned have a really nice low poly cgi look

Attached: WF01.jpg (640x480, 316K)

Adventures from the Book of Virtue?

The teacher was actually a buffalo.

no I think it was only anthro people

I remember a CG show about a girl and a red robot that basically looked like an over designed Drix from Ozzy & Drix
Pretty sure it was french.

CBS cartoon, around or slightly before the Dungeon and Dragons cartoon. Could be part of that morning block introduced by a cat in a captain’s hat (I’d also like to know the cat’s name, either ABC or CBS). Was very futuristic series, I can’t remember if the group of kids were trapped in time or the future or just lived there. The one episode I remember is this one kid started aging quickly, and I think he could move super fast. He wore I think a green jumpsuit with pink sweatbands maybe? Blonde afro kinda, beard grew as he aged. They were worried about catching him and de-aging him before he died, and they are able to.

I cannot for the life of me remember this show, and I can remember most of the crap I’ve watched.

found it, "Paws and Tales"
yellow character's name is fucking gooz
thank you desuarchive

Attached: paws and tales.jpg (300x300, 26K)

One night when I was sick as a kid I saw about a boy, a girl, and an older guy flying around in what looked like Orion’s Astro Harness (specifically the design in >pic related). The antagonists in this in this particular episode was a race of cave dwellers who couldn’t go out in to sun otherwise they’d burn to death (the older guy was a member of this race who got exiled and exposed to the sun’s deadly rays but somehow survived). Like I said I was sick with a high fever so a lot of this might be wrong but I do remember the ending fairly clearly: The high general of the cave people had captured the two kids in order to get the older man to reveal the secret of surviving the sun and the secret? Just tough it out. Being out in the sun won’t actually kill the cave people, it’ll just burn like hell for the first 5 hours and they’ll be fine. I want to say it was a DIC cartoon because it had a similar art style to Captain Planet but I haven’t been able to connect them to this.

Attached: 4DE04B36-C0F5-44C8-A870-DDDCE2CD5A9D.jpg (600x666, 71K)

Space Goofs maybe?
youtu.be/9Qg8KiNPAyM
>Theme song by Iggy Pop
huh, how about that

Attached: DB541CDA-5D95-49CA-B031-4851B8FB2F94.png (252x200, 16K)

Yup thats the one. I recognize the blue alien on the right. Thanks for the help user! Much appreciate it.

Attached: 68484452_700487833748459_2290345942576005120_n.jpg (743x720, 137K)

Does this look familiar?

Attached: 88696B70-3B2C-41C2-94D9-0A1055450EC9.jpg (467x700, 114K)

Kickstarter comic where all the superheroes are turned into psychopaths and the plot centers around the cvilians trying to survive.

Kickstarter comic where a bunch of avengers-expies die on the not-quinjet on alien planey. Aliens scavenge the in-tact bits and reverse-engineer an approximation of what they think a human is. The plot then revolves around this mishmash-man coming back to Earth and relating to the families of the heroes he's made of.

Yep that's him, that's the fucker that has been haunting my memory, thanks user

Nah. You just remember childhood things fondly.

I'm looking for a name of a show about some traveling professor, who has at least two friends: helpful mouse and troublemaking crow, it had a very limited animation and voice acting, it was just narrator speaking for everyone.

Bump. I remeber seeing this too but have no clue. I wanna say it was a hanna barbara production. Maybe that show with the goo people?

The cat was Captain O G Readmore, a character who hosted a long running series of shows called the ABC Weekend Specials that ran for years. Hopefully that helps you track down your episode. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap'n_O._G._Readmore

This is only tangentially Yea Forums-related, but it's so strange that you guys might like it anyway.

The Cartoon Network website used to host this one random unity game which had literally nothing to do with any of their properties at all. No licensed characters, no references, no nothing. It was the only one of its kind. The game was basically this racing game with extremely intricate maps. Like, it was insane how much hidden shit was in them. There were three powerups (lasers, a nuke, and a nitro), and a bunch of different unlockable cars and maps.

I've literally never seen this game anywhere other than on the CN website. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Does anyone remember this Christian show that had to do with Rome and some Christians and another show that was live-action by had an animated cartoon character drawn as a sketch the the MC?
I only remember that the channel would play this PG Morel Orel type show,bibleman, somethingg about babies coming out of water melons, something about bugs and God, and another show called God Rocks.
If you could just give me the name of the channel I might be able to find it.

Hold on, I think I know what you're talking about. Tell me, does this sound familiar?

>Fake game show with three kids as contestants
>Host asks contestants where life came from
>First kid says some dumb pseudoscience shit about the first atom splitting and becoming life
>Second kid says some dumb anime shit that no one cares about
>Third kid recites story of Adam and Eve
>Announcer says third kid is right
>Weird cartoons accompany all three kids' answers

some educational show I saw maybe 2005 about the ocean. the protagonist was this 10 inch tall girl maybe smaller who might have been an alien or something, and she had a submersible ship thing. i remember an episode about an octopus squeezing through small areas.

I wouldn't be able to remember it exactly but it does seem familiar.
I just know that before I had Verizon I had shitty cable with like 30 channels but I just know that this one Christian channel would have Saturday morning cartoons with some cheap Moral Orel knockoff.
And this cartoon about Rome and a bunch of Jews/Christians which was kinda like Liberty Kids.

this was in another thread but I really want to know what it is

Attached: Screenshot (9).png (1411x272, 124K)

Years ago there was this show, each episode was its own thing with its own characters and the basic idea was for this to be somewhat spooky. The only episodes I somewhat remember is one about a life of a family told from the perspective of their neighbour in the last scene it turns out she ran over their cat whose death was crucial to the climax (everyone assumed he was poisoned by fish that was also served at their party), the other was in some sort of futuristic city and main character has some escaped prisoner robot hiding inside his car.

Trying to remember the name of this cartoon -
It was shown on British TV in the mid-late 80's, early weekend mornings on Channel 4.

It was an anthology format, composed of lots of short sketches. Some might have had recurring characters.

All I can remember is that during the title sequence, we would see various odd little characters appear and their body would form the letters of the title.
Specifically - one character dashes out from a bush, wearing a really long scarf and waving an old football rattle. The scarf forms a letter L, I think. Or maybe he becomes a K?

I think the title was a 'nonsense' word like Kalamazoo or Alakazam or something like that.

Nothing rings a bell
But still like these threads

Ain't it the Raccoons?

Xyber 9. It was a good cartoon.

I'm looking for a comic about some fantasy land with airships and some magic, main character was a tomboy girl with blue hair who worked as the local princess' body double or something, and had a guy making some sort of jetpack out of forbidden diesel engines and some talking fish ship navigator as secondary characters. Then the country gets invaded by some evil empire and she tries to take it back , pretending to be the real princess, by hiring some pirates. I found the first few issues on scan websites but never got to the rest.

The title was in pig Latin, "nova airela" or something, the author had a Spanish name and judging by the pseudo animu artstyle, I'd guess it was published around 2006

That’s it! I was wrong on the Astro Harness thing but everything else is just how I remember it.
youtu.be/ElLKQywc5vA

Attached: D4594F75-27E7-4BEC-B933-81CC865AAE13.jpg (678x875, 150K)

I want to know too.

If it an ABC Weekend Special you’re thinking of then it might be The Amazing Bunjee Venture or it’s sequel The Return of the Bunjee (which I couldn’t find on Youtube) youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP1OvCk77qEB7hpFmYLjTsftLnEzn7C91
Does the animation style look familiar at least?